Home
Jackmountain got me thinking again about the end of Beave’s life...Not the first time I’ve given thought to it. I have a plan in place.

Some of you have kids that you believe or know will help you in your failing years.

Some may have kids, who might hate your ass, so you already know they won’t be around to help you.

Then, there’s some of us who don’t have kids, that we know of - LOL...So, we have to plan for our eventual demise and what it may entail to exit this place.

What’s your strategy for when the time comes you can no longer manage, simple, day to day tasks ?

🦫
A long and final walk in the woods with my cheapest handgun.
Hopefully go out in a blaze of glory for Old Glory.
Thought about wolfing down two double bacon chili cheese lard sauce burgers and going to an Ethan Allen furniture store and blowing my brains out.
Originally Posted by NVhntr

My Pard!

Yeah, have the revolver ready.

👍🏼🦫
If I get to stinking bad enough, somebody will do something about it.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Thought about wolfing down two double bacon chili cheese lard sauce burgers and going to an Ethan Allen furniture store and blowing my brains out.

Paisley wall prints are soooo 1990’s

LOL

🦫
95 years old, shot in the back going out the window by a jealous husband.
No concrete plan, but I hope to not freak out, rescind my long standing DNR/DNI order, get intubated and make my kids make the decision to withdraw cares when I don't improve and my kidneys fail, then die less than an hour after they pull out my ET tube.

That was my FIL, who died last week.
Originally Posted by Teal

Stud move !

🦫
Originally Posted by goalie
No concrete plan, but I hope to not freak out, rescind my long standing DNR/DNI order, get intubated and make my kids make the decision to withdraw cares when I don't improve and my kidneys fail, then die less than an hour after they pull out my ET tube.

Dying from kidney failure isn’t such a bad way to go...Pop, past within 6 days after I stopped his dialysis.

Just went to sleep.

🦫
Beaver,
This perspective has changed a lot for me after my 15 year old son took his life last year. Everything I did, I did with the intention of leaving him and my daughter a legacy. At the same time, I'm taking care of a father with end-stage renal failure and watching him and my mother's health going down hill. All of this has led to the conclusion that 1) nothing is ever as concrete as you think it is when planning for the future and 2) I don't want to leave someone else a burden to manage my health. I bought some land with the notion that I had a son that could/would help me. Now, it's just me to rely on getting it done.

With that said, I don't want to leave it to my daughter to make tough decisions. She's already been through enough with recent events. I hope to pre-plan to make it easier on her and maybe with some input from her.

Last but not least, I see Dad battling dialysis 3x/week now. It's a scheit life being chained to a chair 4 hrs/day, 3 days/week. It's also impacted mom's quality of life as they can't travel unless major planning which Dad was never great doing. I hate it for my parents and hope I don't go that route.
Buy a used beater LCP.
Sig 365 too nice to fuggup.

Something along the lines of this ^^^

If I'm lucky, the bones won't be found until they've been picked clean by the critters.

If I'm really lucky they won't be found until after they've been picked clean and the rodents and other critters have gnawed them for the minerals, and the bigger critters have broken them for the marrow.

If I'm REALLY REALLY lucky, they won't be found...................... ever. They'll have been scattered and allowed to reincorporate into the Urth where they belong. Not embalmed and in a gilded box.
At my funeral, take the bouquet off my coffin and toss it into the crowd to see who's next.
May buy my hunting spots thicket and name it after my dad, leave it for the kids.
Shorty gets it all, house/ money/ insurancd...to split if she wants or keep.
No one for plowing into an Antifa crowd at 80 mph with a 72 Chrysler Newport?
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
At my funeral, take the bouquet off my coffin and toss it into the crowd to see who's next.

Thats fuggin awesome!
Originally Posted by devnull
Beaver,
This perspective has changed a lot for me after my 15 year old son took his life last year. Everything I did, I did with the intention of leaving him and my daughter a legacy. At the same time, I'm taking care of a father with end-stage renal failure and watching him and my mother's health going down hill. All of this has led to the conclusion that 1) nothing is ever as concrete as you think it is when planning for the future and 2) I don't want to leave someone else a burden to manage my health. I bought some land with the notion that I had a son that could/would help me. Now, it's just me to rely on getting it done.

With that said, I don't want to leave it to my daughter to make tough decisions. She's already been through enough with recent events. I hope to pre-plan to make it easier on her and maybe with some input from her.

Sorry man, that's tough.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

If I'm lucky, the bones won't be found until they've been picked clean by the critters.

If I'm really lucky they won't be found until after they've been picked clean and the rodents and other critters have gnawed them for the minerals, and the bigger critters have broken them for the marrow.

If I'm REALLY REALLY lucky, they won't be found...................... ever. They'll have been scattered and allowed to reincorporate into the Urth where they belong. Not embalmed and in a gilded box.

Great, more fodder for another Johny Loco wilderness conspiracy thread
Cocaine and hookers.
My younger brother told me about an old guy [ohio] who was pretty straight laced didn't do much partying drugs etc. . For some reason he thought it would be funny to have nearly every drug that he could get his hands on in his system - to be found in the autopsy .
He had heroin/coke/meth/oxy/thc/valium and was drinking moonshine when he called it quits .. LOL
I'm too young to even contemplate this.

I have life insurance policy that will take care of my family.
Originally Posted by hookeye

Great, more fodder for another Johny Loco wilderness conspiracy thread

laugh laugh
Beaver,

I remember your tragic story about your son...I hope my thread hasn’t made you feel worse - not my intention, anyway.

I took care of both my mom and dad when they couldn’t manage due to age and health issues. I made them both a promise when I was younger that I’d never let their shadow darken the entrance to a care facility...I kept that promise with both passing at home with us.

With that said...Wifey and I don’t have kids, and I’m not about to leave my daily care needs up to underpaid strangers who could care less about me or my wife.

I’ve got property with some fairly nice views of the mountains and ocean. I’ll be watching a sunset when I call it a life well lived for myself...My life, my decision.

🦫
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Cocaine and hookers.

Winner !

👊🏽🦫
I just went to the rehab place where my dad was.
They finally found his wallet 6 months after he died.
Kinda [bleep] mood.

His exit wasnt too bad, certainly could have been worse.

I think weddings and funerals to be nothing but scams
If I get Alzeimers I'll probably forget where I put the damned handgun.
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Dying from kidney failure isn’t such a bad way to go...Pop, past within 6 days after I stopped his dialysis.

Just went to sleep.

🦫

Glad it went that way for your dad.

Not so for mine. He decided he didn't like the dialysis, stopped that, wouldn't let the docs remove toes that had gone black from lack of circulation from the fluid build up (he thought they were going to get back to normal), wouldn't listen to us educated kids, and eventually was seeing things from the hospice drugs and what not.

Cantankerous in life, and same/same in death.
Originally Posted by las
If I get Alzeimers I'll probably forget where I put the damned handgun.

Lanyard like that Tuco guy in the movie.

Never leave home without it!

I remember your tragic story about your son...I hope my thread hasn’t made you feel worse - not my intention, anyway.

I took care of both my mom and dad when they couldn’t manage due to age and health issues. I made them both a promise when I was younger that I’d never let their shadow darken the entrance to a care facility...I kept that promise with both passing at home with us.

With that said...Wifey and I don’t have kids, and I’m not about to leave my daily care needs up to underpaid strangers who could care less about me or my wife.

I’ve got property with some fairly nice views of the mountains and ocean. I’ll be watching a sunset when I call it a life well lived for myself...My life, my decision.

🦫

You didn't make me feel worse Beaver. No worries there. I thought I'd respond as I've reflected on your original post.

Just went to sleep.

🦫

Not so for mine. He decided he didn't like the dialysis, stopped that, wouldn't let the docs remove toes that had gone black from lack of circulation from the fluid build up (he thought they were going to get back to normal), wouldn't listen to us educated kids, and eventually was seeing things from the hospice drugs and what not.

G, that would have been rough...I will consider myself fortunate after what you went through.

🦫

🦫

You didn't make me feel worse Beaver. No worries there. I thought I'd respond as I've reflected on your original post.

Whew...Cool !

🦫
Cocaine and hookers.

Winner !

👊🏽🦫

He forgets,

the coke, not hard to come by. Money will solve that problem at any age.

Hookers? Depending on how old and decrepit one is, the best one might get is a skanky bag whore from down on Two Street in Eureka CA. shocked

Or, maybe he plans on starting soon? eek
Man plans & god laughs .
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Man plans & god laughs .

No doubt....I walk down the street and a piano falls on my head.

God laughs...Good plan you had, son.

LMAO

🦫
Cocaine and hookers.

Winner !

👊🏽🦫

He forgets,

Hookers? Depending on how old and decrepit one is, the best one might get is a skanky bag whore from down on Two Street in Eureka CA. shocked

That’s what cataracts are for, silly.
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Man plans & god laughs .

This.
Find my old dead azz, my savage 220, and a dead buck in some hunting area on FTCKY..
Stroke the fugg out smoking a ciggerette when I 1st walk up to it on the ground admiring it.

Screaming Eagle baby....
Only way to go on ground I spent a good amount of life on.
And a PITA till the end when they are getting my dead body outta the woods.....
Gonna take at least 4 people to get me out.
Probably couple patrol MP,s and a Fed Game warden at the least.
At least they will remember that event for the rest of their life and will have a "one time" story to tell.

Guy named 44MC I knew on TNdeer and met one time at the hunting and fishing unit died on post like this minus the dead buck.
He was a super duper air assualt trooper also.
But only in his mid 40,s.
I plan on mine event in my mid 80,s at least.
And I know plenty of easy access spots to kill deer people think are nothing spots and dont hunt em.

👍👍👍😄😄😄😄😄
Go on a lion hunt with nothing but a pocket knife.

Just went to sleep.

🦫

G, that would have been rough...I will consider myself fortunate after what you went through.

🦫

I was a long drive away but the one of five siblings he actually got along with the best.........as far as that goes. But I was the one he'd call and then I'd hear the other side of the story from the ones there near him. As I recall, Mom might have already been in the Alzheimer's place, so she was no help, and if she was still home, by that time we had a caregiver in to help her too.

Now it's evident why I just want to take a drive, push the vehicle over the canyon (after leaving a note and telling folks I was going in the completely opposite direction wink ) and then walking as far as I could into the bush, covering my tracks the best I could.

I don't want wife, family, friends, or even the underpaid caretakers having to deal with me like they did with dad.

Most likely I'd be even more of a pain in the ass than he was..................because I'm that way sometimes!
Originally Posted by renegade50
Find my old dead azz, my savage 220, and a dead buck in some hunting area on FTCKY..
Stroke the fugg out smoking a ciggerette when I 1st walk up to it on the ground admiring it.

Screaming Eagle baby....
At least the will remember that...

👍👍👍😄😄😄😄😄

Renny,

Slum would be the only one who knew where you are...He’ll give it 3 days for your to start getting ripe, then hunt coyotes over you as bait.

LOL

😂🦫
Originally Posted by gsganzer
Go on a lion hunt with nothing but a pocket knife.

JFC....You must have done some wicked shît in your life to want to atone by being eaten alive.

Happy hunting !

😝🦫

I don't want wife, family, friends, or even the underpaid caretakers having to deal with me like they did with dad.

Most likely I'd be even more of a pain in the ass than he was..................because I'm that way sometimes!

Sounds like a good plan, G

🦫
My backup plan is to cut my wiener off in a high speed chase and throw it at the cops. Somebody’s gettin’ a concussion .
Can we get a "Harkonnen heart plug" installed as in Frank Herbert's "Dune"

Had enough? Just a quick yank on the lanyard.
Billings MT, from above to below in a big rig and catch some air.
Watching Biden beat Trump AGAIN in 2024 with 100,000 votes, falling asleep and never waking up, knowing that my country is in good hands and on the right path.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

At least you won’t die from too much meat protein buildup in your arteries.

LOL

🦫

Screaming Eagle baby....

👍👍👍😄😄😄😄😄

Renny,

Slum would be the only one who knew where you are...He’ll give it 3 days for your to start getting ripe, then hunt coyotes over you as bait.

LOL

😂🦫

He needs ta get his back area permit schitt then.

👍👍👍😄😄😄
My backup plan is to cut my weiner off in a high speed chase and throw it at the cops. Somebody’s gettin’ a concussion .

Better hope your arthritic hands will be able to start the chain saw.

🦫
My backup plan is to cut my weiner off in a high speed chase and throw it at the cops. Somebody’s gettin’ a concussion .

Hahahahaha!!!!

🦫

I didn’t think of that. Battery operated it is, two batteries at least.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Billings MT, from above to below in a big rig and catch some air.

🦫

whistle

🦫

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

LOL

🦫

🦫

LOL

🦫

Is that slummy's kid what's always eatin' his sammiches and stuff?
Beaver,

Last but not least, I see Dad battling dialysis 3x/week now. It's a scheit life being chained to a chair 4 hrs/day, 3 days/week. It's also impacted mom's quality of life as they can't travel unless major planning which Dad was never great doing. I hate it for my parents and hope I don't go that route.

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope to never know your pain,, but as the father of a 15 year old son with a moody, depressed disposition, this really strikes a chord with me.
Take a few with me that are on the hit list

LOL

🦫

?????????????????? WTF?????
Unless the "meat protein" you refer comes from sucking cock. Then you have a clue.

We are not feeding these cows and hogs to the dogs.
Not sure yet how to accomplish the task but I told the kids I wanted to be cremated... they made me an appointment for next Tuesday... so there is that....

Bob

LOL

🦫

?????????????????? WTF?????
Unless the "meat protein" you refer comes from sucking cock. Then you have a clue.

We are not feeding these cows and hogs to the dogs.

Ok, ok,....I give. 😬

Obviously, you’ve had your fill of steak grilling jabs.

LMAO

🦫
My uncle tells of one of my aunts propensity to mention such places, a damned good one in Idaho for example. Runs in the family, but, I suppose not for long.... I would avoid schools and churches below, or time it for minimal collateral damage...

🦫

LOL

🦫

No Sir....That was SandBilly before he caught the Covid Clap.

Now he looks like this.

😝🦫
My uncle tells of one of my aunts propensity to mention such places, a damned good one in Idaho for example. Runs in the family, but, I suppose not for long.... I would avoid schools and churches below, or time it for minimal collateral damage...

Huh....Wtf - Over

🤦🏽‍♂️🦫

🦫

LOL

🦫

Now he looks like this.

😝🦫

Does he "groom" that beard so it looks like that everyday?

If so, I'd have to go for that long walk this afternoon.

I hate those "beards". Grow a real one if you're gonna grow one.

Huh....Wtf - Over

🤦🏽‍♂️🦫

Auntie knows of a high cliff on a fast turn so you can fly out into the canyon.

Huh....Wtf - Over

🤦🏽‍♂️🦫

Ahhhh, it’s all making sense now, because of you Mr. Former Smartest Man on Fire.

Gracious

🦫
Lol

🦫

LOL

🦫

Now he looks like this.

😝🦫

Does he "groom" that beard so it looks like that everyday?

If so, I'd have to go for that long walk this afternoon.

I hate those "beards". Grow a real one if you're gonna grow one.

For fûcks sake, Geno, I don’t live with SB.

I have no idea what his daily grooming habits are.

LOL

🦫

I hope I live long enough to read about it or see it on a news video.

Pray fervently for the rapture and wait patiently.
I need to go tie up some spinners for salmon fishing tomorrow.

Y’all keep coming up with the best way to die.....with some dignity while I’m away.

🦫
Conduct is the best proof of character, and I’m not surprised one bit that you did this. I’ve come to know that you’re a good dude, and you continue to verify that.
Originally Posted by antlers
Conduct is the best proof of character, and I’m not surprised one bit that you did this. I’ve come to know that you’re a good dude, and you continue to verify that.

Yeah, Antlers, I agree ...... but ........

He's into some weird $hit !

grin
Originally Posted by Sheister
Not sure yet how to accomplish the task but I told the kids I wanted to be cremated... they made me an appointment for next Tuesday... so there is that....

Bob

Wifey and I both plan to go that way
Sometimes think paddling out as far I as can in my kayak with a bit of weight and line. Hell hypothermia puts you to sleep it is said. The truth is hopefully just not wake up one day with no prior [bleep] for the kids to have dealt with.

Huh....Wtf - Over

🤦🏽‍♂️🦫

Ahhhh, it’s all making sense now, because of you Mr. Former Smartest Man on Fire.

Gracious

🦫

Boomer's a pretty easy one to translate.

That Gus dude. Whoowee!, now there was a tough one.

And kawi on a Friday night..................[bleep]. I don't think there is a supercomputer that could translate that dude.
Originally Posted by StrayDog

I hope I live long enough to read about it or see it on a news video.

He shouldn't be giving anyone around here ideas.

They'd likely forget to pull the Trump 2024 stickers off the bumpers and the carnage would be attributed to "Orange Man Bad" instead of a crazy old coot.

I'm all for a long and final walk in the woods but won't use a gun on myself......probably not make a good shot and agonize. My plan is out in the woods in January, sit down under a tree, jeans and tshirt only, take a long nap and wait for Jack Frost to come and take me away.

My alternative plan as I've my wife is to wheel me out on the front porch in January, let Jack Frost do his deed, and then tuck me away in bed with the heating blanket on and when warmed up then call the sheriff the next day. Died peacefully in his sleep.

My ashes are to be scattered in our family's pet cemetery on our family homestead.
Originally Posted by sidepass
Sometimes think paddling out as far I as can in my kayak with a bit of weight and line. Hell hypothermia puts you to sleep it is said. The truth is hopefully just not wake up one day with no prior [bleep] for the kids to have dealt with.

Bring a LOT of weight or make sure to poke a good hole in your guts before you go over the side.

That trapped decomp gas will bring a body to the surface without enough ballast to overcome it.

And if I can't make a walk into the woods, burial at sea is my preferred method of dealing with my no longer living corpus. No embalming, let the sea critters turn me back into usable chemical components.
1) nothing is ever as concrete as you think it is when planning for the future.
That’s for damn sure.
I'm going to live my current lifestyle until I can't. Eventually move to care facility that will take my LTC insurance, then leave my wonderful kids a good chunk.. I plan to leave this world with my hands in the air as I cross the finish line., having run the good race.

My heart goes out to you devnull.

Screaming Eagle baby....

👍👍👍😄😄😄😄😄

Renny,

LOL

😂🦫

👍👍👍😄😄😄

I have bursitis
Trust is setup for the wife and family. At this point I 'll just let the chips fall as they may! Fishing or hunting would be good, as would a hummer!
Iliamna is a big dangerous lake,, it;s damn near got me before and if I start to fail I'll test it a little more brazenly.
Aldi's, 3rd Wednesday of the month ....... no mask and I just came from Popeyes where I drove up on the curb to get to front of the line for the last chicken sammich.
Just go off feed.

If that doesn't work just let the elements take me.

Hell...some people transition to nursing home life quite well.
Cocaine and hookers.

Winner !

👊🏽🦫

He forgets,

Why the hookers always on ‘2 street’ ?
I of course don't know exactly what or how my actual exit will be, but I just went down, arranged for my own cremation, and paid for it. All my wife has to do is call this outfit , they'll pick me up, supply her with a few death certificates to settle other matters, then Im getting scattered on my favorite stream with my two favorite dogs.
No service, no preachers, no flowers, just an invite and an open bar for my friends...
I didn't read any post. So here's my answer. I plan to stop breathing.
Go where I'm told. Putting my hope in Jesus.

This. I volunteered for 20 years in old folks homes. Always said I would never go in one. My son knows that if I get to the point where I can’t live on my own, even with assistance, I’m going for a walk in the woods.

Hope it doesn’t come to that. I’ve donated my body to science so I hope I die a quick death and they can find some use for me.

And, like Ingwe, I don’t want any service, no burial, stone or anything. Those that will remember me, will. The others don’t need a reminder.
I’m planning to let the US Healthcare system suck every last ounce of my wealth . Sounds awesome
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I'm going to live my current lifestyle until I can't. Eventually move to care facility that will take my LTC insurance, then leave my wonderful kids a good chunk.. I plan to leave this world with my hands in the air as I cross the finish line., having run the good race.

My heart goes out to you devnull.

Your current lifestyle typically leads to HIV. Ask AKPenDude and JimFromTN

LMAO
Perfect world it'll be a massive heart attack, aneurysm, whatever - one minute chillin', next minute dark.

If it winds up being something else ride it out until the bad days are more frequent than the good and I'll take care of it.
I can't rule out ‘checkin’ out’ if I become a physical or financial burden to my kids with end of life issues. Nothing messy...just go for a trek up in the mountains.

Screaming Eagle baby....

👍👍👍😄😄😄😄😄

Renny,

LOL

😂🦫

👍👍👍😄😄😄

I have bursitis

You’re a case study in medical wonders.

It’s hard to imagine anyone in your family getting sympathy for small boo-boos.

MeMaw, I have a sore throat.... Really, child, look at your uncle Slum sitting over there. He’s got half a lung, no kidneys, a bleeding ulcer and a bad case of Peyronies of the wee-wee. Do you hear him complaining ? No !....Stfu and go play outside.

LOL

🦫

I can't see me giving up, Jesus Christ is my savior and whatever happens, happens.

My Pard!

👍🏼🦫

Silver bullet, just in case?

He really rescinded the order at the last minute? Death can be a scary thought for some.
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Go where I'm told. Putting my hope in Jesus.

That's my plan too.

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." Rom 8:28

My Pard!

👍🏼🦫

Silver bullet, just in case?

Nah, just an FMJ.

Want to have some of my sexiness left intact.

😝🦫
My backup plan is to cut my wiener off in a high speed chase and throw it at the cops. Somebody’s gettin’ a concussion .

God damn that is funny!
When the time comes, I’m taking a bunch of [bleep] with me.
This is a really sad thread.
I figure I'll fall out of a boat.
Haven't made plans as I have several thousand years ahead of me.
Originally Posted by mlschnei

Dying has a way of making some people feel a smidge somber.

🦫
The fear of dying can rob one of the joy of living.

🦫

Blessings
Originally Posted by jackmountain
When the time comes, I’m taking a bunch of [bleep] with me.

What about your Hustler magazines?
Dunno? Don’t care. But all three kids have a copy of my obit pic!

Put your faith in the Lord.
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Have another drink, Wabi
Yeehaw

And your Mauser!
Bowt the last thing I got planned is to piss myself.

Amen. There is no other way to beat the grim reaper.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Bowt the last thing I got planned is to piss myself.

On the excavator with a full tank of fuel. Do it. Don’t be a Puzzy
“Take courage. It is I. Do not be afraid.” - Jesus
You don’t have to be afraid, even when there’s something to be afraid of.
[Linked Image from i.ytimg.com]
No idea frankly and dead is dead...
Originally Posted by EdM
No idea frankly and dead is dead...

Some day we'll see, won't we?

So, at the time, Jesus was saying he was the only way to God? But, wasn't this before the whole death and resurrection thing? Maybe he knew in advance? Must have known he was salvation, huh? How's that work?
So, at the time, Jesus was saying he was the only way to God? But, wasn't this before the whole death and resurrection thing? Maybe he knew in advance? Must have known he was salvation, huh? How's that work?
To me, Jesus was comforting His followers, and He was telling His followers these things in advance to bolster their faith, not only for in the meantime, but for when these very events would happen.
Thanks. If there was only a Book that explained this stuff! LOL

Seriously. You're consistency is appreciated. 👍

He was, and is God, in human form, sent here to die for our sins. Accept or reject, it's up to you. Jesus is still the only way to God the Father.

Matthew 14:27
Die at the hands of a woman with a pair of 38's.
Beaver10;
Good evening my cyber friend, I hope the day's been decent to you and you're all well.

I'll start with sincere kudos for looking after your parents, that's not easy, simple or many times pleasant.

We had both my late Mom and Mother in Law in extended care as we weren't able to deal with the medical needs. We were the closest family dealing with them and even that was tough many days.

I'll again say for anyone who might not have done so, please have a valid will and power of attorney completed. Here in BC we need a further document now called a Representation Agreement that allows someone to make medical decisions on our behalf - along with a doctor - should we become incapacitated. We've given the girls contact information for all the banking, insurance, lawyers and wills, so that's settled as well.

As we age it seems quite natural for us to contemplate not only living well but also dying well, as it's part of our time here, albeit the last part of it.

After watching both Moms struggle with dementia, I made a comment to our eldest that I'd be knitting up a big bacon vest and would like to be dropped off up top on one of our hunting areas where grizzlies are known to live. She didn't think that was funny and told me so Beaver.

I'm not entirely sure I was kidding, you know?

My late father watched enough of his family suffer from dementia that he prayed fervently that God take him quickly and so help me Dad's prayer was answered when another stroke took him nearly 20 years back now.

While as you know about me, I have faith in a higher power and an afterlife, which I admittedly cannot truly grasp in my humanity and as well in that same human body and head I'm in no particular rush to go quite yet.

Still, it's not a bad thing to take stock once in awhile and give it some sober consideration, so thanks for doing that for me tonight.

All the best to you this fall and good luck on your hunts.

Dwayne
Whenever I go hunting in the Belknaps, upland or whitetail or even fuggin beaver trapping systems in the valleys, I’m always having an eye open for those big north-east signature granite out-croppings. Boulders. Faces of them with granite piles at bases. It’s where the yotes inevitably burrow in to make big dens. Black bear too. I call that [bleep] the Granite Tomb. Don’t want to get found cuz insurance policy and suicide? You just need to find the right one, and manage to bring along an appropriate “closing stone” is what I’d call it - a stone large enough but not so big that you couldn’t haul it in behind you, so to speak, laying flat on your belly in a tightly constricted entrance way into such a ‘den’. Most of those places seem to open up into surprisingly roomy areas. It’s just the throats of them that are extreme. Anyway, throw some smoke or thoroughly burn out the appropriate area before making it yours. Position closing Stone. Bring along favorite bottle of whiskey. Smokes. Best big bore revolver. Get in that den. Drag the closing stone into place behind you. Then get comfortable enough for an hour or so to make your peace with your maker and this garbage world. Exit.

He was, and is God, in human form, sent here to die for our sins. Accept or reject, it's up to you. Jesus is still the only way to God the Father.

Respectfully, that has always seemed like some sort of "my way or the highway" conversion scare tactic for simple ancient people... Appreciate it and will keep it in mind JG...
If you were a bad man, you could always make someone else shivvy themselves up into such a place. And close it behind them. Been done. Harder to perform for oneself.
Seems just walking off into the woods would needlessly worry the family, unless they were in on it, and also didn't have you locked up or red flagged! Wouldn't that piss you off! Spend your years free and then have the kid get your guns taken away as the final insult! Best hide a few around...

- Where are you going to get the brains?
Originally Posted by 21
Die at the hands of a woman with a pair of 38's.

You might want to look in a mirror and ask yourself what kind of a woman with a pair of 38’s would have anything to do with you.

This started out as a epic shït my pants story.
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0E7ThvG2DmkcCAAzG_l8_Vp5Q
Jussssst like that

You’re a case study in medical wonders.

It’s hard to imagine anyone in your family getting sympathy for small boo-boos.

MeMaw, I have a sore throat.... Really, child, look at your uncle Slum sitting over there. He’s got half a lung, no kidneys, a bleeding ulcer and a bad case of Peyronies of the wee-wee. Do you hear him complaining ? No !....Stfu and go play outside.

LOL

🦫

I literally have tears running down my face, I'm crying laffin' 🤣🤣🤣
Depends on the circumstances.
You know that the death rate around here is one per person
Originally Posted by Teal

I've been practicing.
I’ve lost two older hunting buddies in the last few years and now I think both went out as well as you could.
First one left a note on the kitchen table for his wife to find that said he was taking his hunting dog, who was getting very crippled from cancer, for one last chance to smell the birds or something like that, and he would always love her. So she instantly knew something very bad was about to happen and it was after all the bird seasons had closed in late February? He drove five hours to the spot we used to quail and chukkar hunt and buy the tracks in the snow he carried that dog about a quarter mile up the mountain to lone tree on a rocky outcrop overlooking the valley. They found him there next day holding his dog in his lap the dog was wrapped up in his jacket with a gunshot to the head. Coroner said he died of hypothermia. Found out later he had been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s a few months before but hadn’t told anyone.
Second was hunting at the local deer club and called home to say he had just shot the biggest buck he had ever seen on the ranch. When he didn’t come home wife called everyone to go looking. His son found him several hours later slumped over dead from a heart attack. He had gutted and drug the deer a few hundred yards to his hunting jeep and sat down on the ground with his back against a tire and his rifle in his lap.
I don't care how I go. As long as it's not next to a chubby redhead with a masculine personality.
Start working down my enemies and "done me wrong" list of grudges to pay back as many as I can get to on my way out.
Originally Posted by RUM7
I don't care how I go. As long as it's not next to a chubby redhead with a masculine personality.

No chit!
None of this will happen.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I figure I'll fall out of a boat.

Trying to find all those firearms you lost overboard?
Originally Posted by RUM7

Does that mean a redhead with a chubby is all good?
I'm thinking the easiest way to end it quickly would be to take medical advice from members of this site....
Originally Posted by Sheister
I'm thinking the easiest way to end it quickly would be to take medical advice from members of this site....

You do realize how many die each year from medical professionals, don't you?
Told my wife if something happens to me where I’m going and only getting worse. OD me and let me Ride that last one out to the heavens.
Otherwise I’d like to live a long healthy life with my wife and kids and go in my sleep.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Haven't made plans as I have several thousand years ahead of me.

That is my outlook.

There is power in what we speak. Good and bad.
My plan is to last until somebody puts my first great grandson in my lap. After that, I don't care. If I had to state a preference, it would be found dead, frozen in place, with the antlers of a big buck still gripped tightly my hands.

However, my guess is the end will be far more prosaic. They'll probably have to use a tranquilizer gun to get me out of the treestand.

The finally had to put great grandpa Elmer in the home, because they caught him out on a limb in his 100th year, trying to trim it with a saw. The problem was he was sitting on the limb he was sawing.
Beaver,

Prayers for peace and solace devnull. That a a load to bear you have on your mind and hands. Caregiving one's parents is not easy and I am so very sorry to hear about your son.

Good on your for standing up and taking these troubles on, I can empathize as I was primary caregiver for both my parents in their declining years. I have kidney troubles in my immediate family as well, oldest daughter is bedridden and her only outside exposure is via ambulance transport to dialysis those same three days a week.

One thing I would never do is use a firearm to end my life, that is traumatic to the living, and gives the libs another tic on the gun violence charts. I have worked too hard too long to preserve our Right to keep and bear them. Had I to choose to end my live it would be by other means, as easy on my few give a sh*t folks that remain as possible. Most likely I will suffer that widow maker heart and attack and go pretty quick. Wills are done, money left to do the clean up and haul off. Probably outlive the oldest daughter, Covid nearly got her a few weeks ago, the other daughter is an energy thief, got a living donated kidney before she ever had to go on dialysis, and is the least grateful person I know for all the sacrifices others have made for her. So she is cut out, her share to her kids under the son's admiration of any funds.

I do the best I can every day, I think that is our charge.
In my own bed, with a full belly and a pretty young woman's mouth around my c0ck, at the age of ninety.
I want to go out like my grandpa did. In his sleep, not screaming and crying like those people in his car!!
Originally Posted by Lonerider
I want to go out like my grandpa did. In his sleep, not screaming and crying like those people in his car!!

Lol
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by Lonerider

Lol

Just spit my drink out!
Winner right there
I/ve put my request in with the Big Guy to let me die in the stand. I've told my hunting buds to roll me out on the ground and let the hogs recycle me!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Lord knows it would be good Karma (and cheap) considereing how many of them I've done the same!

ya!

GWB

Yes

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Jesus
I was able to meet with an old family friend couple of my parents. In talking the subject of having will came up. They just assumed that the survivor would get everything. Having gone through
the passing of my dad and the amount of time and money it took to get my mothers affairs in order-

Getting a WILL done is the minimum you should do. Every person or couple should do this, whether you are 20 or 80.
I’ve found it best to have Beneficiary Deeds for your house and your cars, and Transfer on Death for your financial assets...thereby taking them out of the hands of the probate court. And I’ve found it best to not even mention those things in your Will. To me, making your Probate Estate as small and insignificant as possible makes sense. A Will with nothing more than a directive for residual assets (basically, the crap left in your house) is awesome. House, cars, financial assets go straight to your heirs upon your death...none of them are part of the Probate Estate.

What’s your End of Life...Exit Strategy?

Probably just die, preferably quietly.
What ever happened to the "Hemlock Society", did the just go away or decide to go incognito?

EOL information was one thing they hoped to be able to provide to those that needed it.
© 24hourcampfire