Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Beaver10

You’re a case study in medical wonders.

It’s hard to imagine anyone in your family getting sympathy for small boo-boos.

MeMaw, I have a sore throat.... Really, child, look at your uncle Slum sitting over there. He’s got half a lung, no kidneys, a bleeding ulcer and a bad case of Peyronies of the wee-wee. Do you hear him complaining ? No !....Stfu and go play outside.

LOL

🦫

I literally have tears running down my face, I'm crying laffin' 🤣🤣🤣

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Depends on the circumstances.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
You know that the death rate around here is one per person

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Teal
95 years old, shot in the back going out the window by a jealous husband.

I've been practicing.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
H
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
H
I’ve lost two older hunting buddies in the last few years and now I think both went out as well as you could.
First one left a note on the kitchen table for his wife to find that said he was taking his hunting dog, who was getting very crippled from cancer, for one last chance to smell the birds or something like that, and he would always love her. So she instantly knew something very bad was about to happen and it was after all the bird seasons had closed in late February? He drove five hours to the spot we used to quail and chukkar hunt and buy the tracks in the snow he carried that dog about a quarter mile up the mountain to lone tree on a rocky outcrop overlooking the valley. They found him there next day holding his dog in his lap the dog was wrapped up in his jacket with a gunshot to the head. Coroner said he died of hypothermia. Found out later he had been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s a few months before but hadn’t told anyone.
Second was hunting at the local deer club and called home to say he had just shot the biggest buck he had ever seen on the ranch. When he didn’t come home wife called everyone to go looking. His son found him several hours later slumped over dead from a heart attack. He had gutted and drug the deer a few hundred yards to his hunting jeep and sat down on the ground with his back against a tire and his rifle in his lap.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't care how I go. As long as it's not next to a chubby redhead with a masculine personality.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Start working down my enemies and "done me wrong" list of grudges to pay back as many as I can get to on my way out.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by RUM7
I don't care how I go. As long as it's not next to a chubby redhead with a masculine personality.

No chit!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
None of this will happen.

Last edited by AKPENDUDE; 09/08/21.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I figure I'll fall out of a boat.

Trying to find all those firearms you lost overboard?

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by RUM7

Does that mean a redhead with a chubby is all good?

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm thinking the easiest way to end it quickly would be to take medical advice from members of this site....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Sheister
I'm thinking the easiest way to end it quickly would be to take medical advice from members of this site....

You do realize how many die each year from medical professionals, don't you?

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Told my wife if something happens to me where I’m going and only getting worse. OD me and let me Ride that last one out to the heavens.
Otherwise I’d like to live a long healthy life with my wife and kids and go in my sleep.

Last edited by Dre; 09/13/21.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Haven't made plans as I have several thousand years ahead of me.

That is my outlook.

There is power in what we speak. Good and bad.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My plan is to last until somebody puts my first great grandson in my lap. After that, I don't care. If I had to state a preference, it would be found dead, frozen in place, with the antlers of a big buck still gripped tightly my hands.

However, my guess is the end will be far more prosaic. They'll probably have to use a tranquilizer gun to get me out of the treestand.

The finally had to put great grandpa Elmer in the home, because they caught him out on a limb in his 100th year, trying to trim it with a saw. The problem was he was sitting on the limb he was sawing.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by devnull
Beaver,
This perspective has changed a lot for me after my 15 year old son took his life last year. Everything I did, I did with the intention of leaving him and my daughter a legacy. At the same time, I'm taking care of a father with end-stage renal failure and watching him and my mother's health going down hill. All of this has led to the conclusion that 1) nothing is ever as concrete as you think it is when planning for the future and 2) I don't want to leave someone else a burden to manage my health. I bought some land with the notion that I had a son that could/would help me. Now, it's just me to rely on getting it done.

With that said, I don't want to leave it to my daughter to make tough decisions. She's already been through enough with recent events. I hope to pre-plan to make it easier on her and maybe with some input from her.

Last but not least, I see Dad battling dialysis 3x/week now. It's a scheit life being chained to a chair 4 hrs/day, 3 days/week. It's also impacted mom's quality of life as they can't travel unless major planning which Dad was never great doing. I hate it for my parents and hope I don't go that route.

Prayers for peace and solace devnull. That a a load to bear you have on your mind and hands. Caregiving one's parents is not easy and I am so very sorry to hear about your son.

Good on your for standing up and taking these troubles on, I can empathize as I was primary caregiver for both my parents in their declining years. I have kidney troubles in my immediate family as well, oldest daughter is bedridden and her only outside exposure is via ambulance transport to dialysis those same three days a week.

One thing I would never do is use a firearm to end my life, that is traumatic to the living, and gives the libs another tic on the gun violence charts. I have worked too hard too long to preserve our Right to keep and bear them. Had I to choose to end my live it would be by other means, as easy on my few give a sh*t folks that remain as possible. Most likely I will suffer that widow maker heart and attack and go pretty quick. Wills are done, money left to do the clean up and haul off. Probably outlive the oldest daughter, Covid nearly got her a few weeks ago, the other daughter is an energy thief, got a living donated kidney before she ever had to go on dialysis, and is the least grateful person I know for all the sacrifices others have made for her. So she is cut out, her share to her kids under the son's admiration of any funds.

I do the best I can every day, I think that is our charge.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
In my own bed, with a full belly and a pretty young woman's mouth around my c0ck, at the age of ninety.

Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I want to go out like my grandpa did. In his sleep, not screaming and crying like those people in his car!!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Lonerider
I want to go out like my grandpa did. In his sleep, not screaming and crying like those people in his car!!

Lol

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (10Glocks, 160user, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 66 invisible), 2,695 guests, and 1,425 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,099
Posts18,483,079
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.