Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Jackmountain got me thinking again about the end of Beave’s life...Not the first time I’ve given thought to it. I have a plan in place.

Some of you have kids that you believe or know will help you in your failing years.

Some may have kids, who might hate your ass, so you already know they won’t be around to help you.

Then, there’s some of us who don’t have kids, that we know of - LOL...So, we have to plan for our eventual demise and what it may entail to exit this place.

What’s your strategy for when the time comes you can no longer manage, simple, day to day tasks ?

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A long and final walk in the woods with my cheapest handgun.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hopefully go out in a blaze of glory for Old Glory.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thought about wolfing down two double bacon chili cheese lard sauce burgers and going to an Ethan Allen furniture store and blowing my brains out.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NVhntr

My Pard!

Yeah, have the revolver ready.

👍🏼🦫

“Molon Labe”
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
If I get to stinking bad enough, somebody will do something about it.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Thought about wolfing down two double bacon chili cheese lard sauce burgers and going to an Ethan Allen furniture store and blowing my brains out.

Paisley wall prints are soooo 1990’s

LOL

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
95 years old, shot in the back going out the window by a jealous husband.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No concrete plan, but I hope to not freak out, rescind my long standing DNR/DNI order, get intubated and make my kids make the decision to withdraw cares when I don't improve and my kidneys fail, then die less than an hour after they pull out my ET tube.

That was my FIL, who died last week.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teal
95 years old, shot in the back going out the window by a jealous husband.

Stud move !

🦫

“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by goalie
No concrete plan, but I hope to not freak out, rescind my long standing DNR/DNI order, get intubated and make my kids make the decision to withdraw cares when I don't improve and my kidneys fail, then die less than an hour after they pull out my ET tube.

That was my FIL, who died last week.

Dying from kidney failure isn’t such a bad way to go...Pop, past within 6 days after I stopped his dialysis.

Just went to sleep.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Beaver,
This perspective has changed a lot for me after my 15 year old son took his life last year. Everything I did, I did with the intention of leaving him and my daughter a legacy. At the same time, I'm taking care of a father with end-stage renal failure and watching him and my mother's health going down hill. All of this has led to the conclusion that 1) nothing is ever as concrete as you think it is when planning for the future and 2) I don't want to leave someone else a burden to manage my health. I bought some land with the notion that I had a son that could/would help me. Now, it's just me to rely on getting it done.

With that said, I don't want to leave it to my daughter to make tough decisions. She's already been through enough with recent events. I hope to pre-plan to make it easier on her and maybe with some input from her.

Last but not least, I see Dad battling dialysis 3x/week now. It's a scheit life being chained to a chair 4 hrs/day, 3 days/week. It's also impacted mom's quality of life as they can't travel unless major planning which Dad was never great doing. I hate it for my parents and hope I don't go that route.

Last edited by devnull; 09/08/21.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Buy a used beater LCP.
Sig 365 too nice to fuggup.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Something along the lines of this ^^^

If I'm lucky, the bones won't be found until they've been picked clean by the critters.

If I'm really lucky they won't be found until after they've been picked clean and the rodents and other critters have gnawed them for the minerals, and the bigger critters have broken them for the marrow.

If I'm REALLY REALLY lucky, they won't be found...................... ever. They'll have been scattered and allowed to reincorporate into the Urth where they belong. Not embalmed and in a gilded box.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
At my funeral, take the bouquet off my coffin and toss it into the crowd to see who's next.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
May buy my hunting spots thicket and name it after my dad, leave it for the kids.
Shorty gets it all, house/ money/ insurancd...to split if she wants or keep.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No one for plowing into an Antifa crowd at 80 mph with a 72 Chrysler Newport?

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
At my funeral, take the bouquet off my coffin and toss it into the crowd to see who's next.

Thats fuggin awesome!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by devnull
Beaver,
This perspective has changed a lot for me after my 15 year old son took his life last year. Everything I did, I did with the intention of leaving him and my daughter a legacy. At the same time, I'm taking care of a father with end-stage renal failure and watching him and my mother's health going down hill. All of this has led to the conclusion that 1) nothing is ever as concrete as you think it is when planning for the future and 2) I don't want to leave someone else a burden to manage my health. I bought some land with the notion that I had a son that could/would help me. Now, it's just me to rely on getting it done.

With that said, I don't want to leave it to my daughter to make tough decisions. She's already been through enough with recent events. I hope to pre-plan to make it easier on her and maybe with some input from her.

Sorry man, that's tough.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Something along the lines of this ^^^

If I'm lucky, the bones won't be found until they've been picked clean by the critters.

If I'm really lucky they won't be found until after they've been picked clean and the rodents and other critters have gnawed them for the minerals, and the bigger critters have broken them for the marrow.

If I'm REALLY REALLY lucky, they won't be found...................... ever. They'll have been scattered and allowed to reincorporate into the Urth where they belong. Not embalmed and in a gilded box.

Great, more fodder for another Johny Loco wilderness conspiracy thread

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (1minute, 1badf350, 1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 160user, 70 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,704
Posts18,513,823
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.