Home
…if alcohol is consumed?
…or when the bottle breaks out and the beer starts to flow, do you disarm and lock the guns away?
That's about the only time I do...
No, I still carry.
Nope
I make it a rule to never drink with idiots.
I'll make this story as short as possible.

I was a narc for many years. I didn't "look" like a cop. I walked into a local gas station one day and the clerk said "Did you see those guys run out of here? (I didn't.) They were robbing me and I told them you were a cop, so they got scared."

I had several guns with me...in the truck. I was just running in for a second. That was 25 years ago.

I carry unless I'm in bed or the water.
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Nope
Nope, to what, there are two questions here.
I don't carry when I sleep or swim...that' about it. Oh, well, except where it's illegal..sometimes I have to go places like that. sucks
Originally Posted by ltppowell

I was a narc for many years. I didn't "look" like a cop. I walked into a local gas station one day and the clerk said "Did you see those guys run out of here? (I didn't.) They were robbing me and I told them you were a cop, so they got scared."

I had several guns with me...in the truck. I was just running in for a second. That was 25 years ago.

Very nice of that guy to endanger you like that...
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
He may have been even more endangered if he had said nothing, since then they would have tried to take his wallet and watch, too, rather than skedaddling.
I'm beginning to carry at home. The thought of having to is kind of sad. I haven't had any kind of problem here and our local sheriffs substation is pretty responsive.
Alcohol? Usually don't carry if drinking away from the house but don't really do much more than a beer or two.
Last article of clothing I put on in the morning is to holster my S&W M&P.
The first article I remove at night is the same.
My daily alcohol consumption is 4 oz of red wine just before bed. By that time, I'm unarmed.
When 4 ounces of wine gets me snockered to a mindless drunk, guess I'll put my S&W up. 😉 I make my own wine!
Sweet blackberry! Good stuff, Maynard!
I don't think I've brewed anything over about 6 or 8 percent alcohol, so getting drunk would require drinking most of my production! LOL!

P.S. - For thirty years, I hunted out of the same camp. Alcohol was ALWAYS available, beer and liquor.
In that thirty years, I never saw a drunk, never saw an argument, much less a fight!
We played dominoes, but NEVER wagered money. There was a deck of cards in the camp, but I can't remember ANYONE ever playing poker.
NEVER heard words exchanged in anger....for any reason.
Originally Posted by smarquez
I'm beginning to carry at home.
Really? Been doing that for at least thirty years now. Loaded guns by my bed when I sleep, one in the bathroom where I shower. One in my bathrobe pocket. And, when I dress, one goes into my holster. That's why handguns were invented, i.e., they're a gun you can have on your person (or nearby) at all times, without much fuss or trouble.

PS I don't drink, so the question about getting drunk with access to loaded firearms isn't an issue.
Everyday, all day. Except asleep or in the water, and when asleep, within arms reach. Carrying is just part of getting dressed in the morning.
And as far as the alcohol, I don't generally strip when I drink either.
As stated earlier, I don't hang with morons.
I always carry.
Haven’t been a drinker for more than 30 years so no big deal

Osky

Right? But it could happen to anybody. My point is that bad stuff perpetratrated by other people can't be planned. You're just as likely to take the dogs (or yourself) out to take a piss and run into some thugs jacking your catalytic converter as you are to get mugged at the mall.
Carry in and around?

You don’t know do ya?
I do not drink nor associate with those that do, I am enough of an azzhole sober, I don't need to make things worse.
I might forget my wallet, but I never forget my pistol. Largest rattlesnake I've ever killed, was killed when it crawled out from under our back porch.
Right? But it could happen to anybody. My point is that bad stuff perpetratrated by other people can't be planned. You're just as likely to take the dogs (or yourself) out to take a piss and run into some thugs jacking your catalytic converter as you are to get mugged at the mall.

Totally agree.

Awake or asleep, I always have a gun at hand.

Drunk ain't a problem, since I never am. smile
Originally Posted by Osky
I always carry.

Osky

^^^This^^^

Only time I don’t carry is when I’m sleeping.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by smarquez
I'm beginning to carry at home.
Really? Been doing that for at least thirty years now. Loaded guns by my bed when I sleep, one in the bathroom where I shower. One in my bathrobe pocket. And, when I dress, one goes into my holster. That's why handguns were invented, i.e., they're a gun you can have on your person (or nearby) at all times, without much fuss or trouble.

I thought handguns were invented to get you to your long gun(s)! LOL! 😉!
I just want those people who haven't been exposed to lots of violence to understand one thing.

Surviving victims always say the same thing.

"Nothing like this has ever happened before."

Lol, I've carried when swimming a couple of times........not planned.
A couple of things have carrying when I can. A panhandler, and an indecent at Church.
Originally Posted by steve4102
…if alcohol is consumed?
…or when the bottle breaks out and the beer starts to flow, do you disarm and lock the guns away?

1. Yes
2. No

There's a difference between drinking, drunk, and DRUNK. I'd have to plan an off day, for the day after, in the third case. I'm to busy to have off days now so the third just doesn't happen anymore. With that not happening, in my case, there's no need to lock things away.
Originally Posted by likeaduck
I do not drink nor associate with those that do, I am enough of an azzhole sober, I don't need to make things worse.

Yea, everyone that drinks must be real a$$holes. What a peach of a fella you must be
Originally Posted by mirage243

Yea, everyone that drinks must be real a$$holes. What a peach of a fella you must be

Lol, Blackheart sockpuppet?
Originally Posted by mirage243

He's a self-righteous cuck. Just another idiot who wants to control what somebody else does with their life. I don't drink. But, that doesn't mean nobody else can, if they wish to do so.

Thinking the same thing.
Cops chased someone through my back yard last weekend, and it's not the first time that's happened, so guns either one me or within reach.
As for drinking too much, I just don't.
Little to no alcohol consumed at our house! If it were to happen…..there aren’t firearms involved! memtb

Totally agree.

Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I always carry.

Osky

^^^This^^^

You guys are from TX, does this mean you never enter an establishment that serves alcohol and derives 51% of it revenues from alcohol sales?
...or do you just ignore the 51% sign and carry anyway?
I never carry a gun in my home, but there are always 2-3 that are very accessible. Whether or not I'm drinking alcohol is not part of the equation.
I have two dogs. I never carry in the home. But the demographics are different from the fellows on here that live in the diverse south
I worry more about moose and bears and mountain lions on my property, mostly because of dogs interacting with them. . Neighbor just showed me a pic of a big Tom he took from his patio at mid day walking through property towards the house.
I dont carry at home but I live in a small footprint in suburbia and probably only ever 15 steps or less away from a firearm in my home or vehicle.
You guys are from TX, does this mean you never enter an establishment that serves alcohol and derives 51% of it revenues from alcohol sales?

I haven't been in a bar in I don't when.

But if I did go in, I'd just leave it in the pickup.
Not an issue at my house....
They don't call them Home Invasion's cause they happen at Wal-Mart!!!
Guess somebody was driving around shooting in the burg last night. Couple hrs later I heard 5 shots down the street by our addition.
I went back to bed.

Always have something nearby.
Neighbors had a pitbull mix.
It got out a couple of times.
Mowed my yard w a gun on my hip.
Think that a good practice, even if their dog is now gone.
Never know when some beast, or person who thinks theyre a beast, will try to be mean.

In WI - so long as you're not drinking, legal to carry in the bar.
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
They don't call them Home Invasion's cause they happen at Wal-Mart!!!

So are the Swedes , Croatians or Irish doing all of the home invasions?

There is a reason to find a safe place to live around like minded folks
I don't drink alcohol at all....carry every waking minute no matter where I go....I carry concealed so no body knows I'am carrying....
Steve4102: IF.... YOU or ANYONE else feels they have to carry a concealed firearm in their home then you/they need to pack up yourshit, sell said home and move!
Sheesh.
A firearm should/could be prudently available but to carry a firearm in ones home is just bizarre in my experience.
Double sheesh.
And more directly - "do I carry a concealed firearm around my home"? Absofuckinlutely not.
Puzzled in Poughkeepsie.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I only carry when I'm outside, walking the dogs, or at the cabin. Keep it in my truck when I'm in town and if I'm drinking the guns stay in my nightstand. I set a limit on how much I drink when I go out to the local pub, brewery or cantina, no guns on my person.
ALL the time.
Had our first neighborhood swat raid just across the road and down a ways about 4 years ago. Old neighbor passed away and his family sold the place to a low rent rental outfit. 2 of 3 last occupants left via sheriff's car, and state employees came in with full protective gear to clean up the meth labs.
New occupant May 1st, with 2 rottweilers that he leaves tied out 16 hours a day.

Yeah... I carry at home....

Edit; I drink maybe 2-3 beers a year. Never more than one a day.
Oh and I forgot to mention, I always carry whenever I am around a Democrat/Democrats.
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Steve4102: IF.... YOU or ANYONE else feels they have to carry a concealed firearm in their home then you/they need to pack up yourshit, sell said home and move!
Sheesh.
A firearm should/could be prudently available but to carry a firearm in ones home is just bizarre in my experience.
Double sheesh.
And more directly - "do I carry a concealed firearm around my home"? Absofuckinlutely not.
Puzzled in Poughkeepsie.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
A concealed handgun is what you carry when you don't expect trouble. If you expect trouble, that's what a rifle or shotgun is for.
VarmitGuy, Guess you have never had your front door kicked open at 6:00 am, by 3 illegals, the choice of picking up and moving is not a choice i'm willing to make, I am always armed inside out side makes no matter where i am. Rio7
Sheesh.
Double sheesh.
Puzzled in Poughkeepsie.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Don't know man - I guess I believe in "Be ready so I don't have to GET ready" - seems prudent in all things.
Yeah, criminals aren't mobile or seek more affluent areas LOL
Originally Posted by RIO7
VarmitGuy, Guess you have never had your front door kicked open at 6:00 am, by 3 illegals, the choice of picking up and moving is not a choice i'm willing to make, I am always armed inside out side makes no matter where i am. Rio7
Besides, there are countless cases of thrill murderers making their way to nice, low crime, areas, picking random houses to break into, and murdering everyone who's home. You cannot move away from that.

To me, carrying a handgun is no chore, so the question becomes, not why, but why not.

Totally agree.

I always carry.

Osky

^^^This^^^

ignore
Originally Posted by Teal

In WI - so long as you're not drinking, legal to carry in the bar.
In MN you cannot only carry in a bar, you can consume.

...But this is supposed to be about carrying at home.

Do you drink alcohol at home and still carry OR have ready access to firearms, or do you lock them away when consuming?
Originally Posted by hookeye
Neighbors had a pitbull mix.
It got out a couple of times.
Mowed my yard w a gun on my hip.
Think that a good practice, even if their dog is now gone.
Never know when some beast, or person who thinks theyre a beast, will try to be mean.

Naked man tackles 67-year-old woman off riding lawnmower. Victim's husband intervenes, but man attacks him, too — so husband shoots him dead.
NEWS
DAVE URBANSKIMay 06, 2022

A Georgia homeowner fatally shot a naked man who tackled his 67-year-old wife off a riding lawnmower and then began attacking both of them, the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office, told WSB-TV.

What are the details?
Deputies who responded to reports of an assault found a 25-year-old man dead from a gunshot wound to the chest in the front yard of a home in Lizella, the station said. Newsweek said the incident took place just before 5 p.m. Thursday.

The homeowner told deputies that the naked suspect tackled his wife off the riding lawnmower she was using, WSB said.

The homeowner said he tried to pull the man off his wife, but the suspect attacked him — and then started attacking his wife again, the station said.

So the husband said he retrieved his gun and shot the suspect, WSB reported.

What happened to the wife and husband?
The station said the wife was taken to a hospital where she was stable and treated for her injuries. The husband — who is 66, according to Newsweek — had minor injuries and was treated at the scene, WSB said.

Don't miss out on content from Dave Rubin free of big tech censorship. Listen to The Rubin Report now.
The suspect has not been identified pending notification of next of kin, the station added.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
No, I still carry.

Yep
Yep. And those poor TX ranchers are on TV telling the interviewer that they do NOT go outside unless they're carrying - even if just to get the mail.. They don't move either...

It's not often, but when someone knocks at the door - I better see a UPS or FED-EX truck.. If not, you can bet yer sweet bippy I have something in my gun hand and the door knob in the other... And I don't open it until and unless I can see who or what's on the other side..
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Totally agree.

I always carry.

Osky

^^^This^^^

ignore
There was a woman who left her ccw in her car one day to have lunch with her parents at Luby's restaurant in Texas the day the gunmen shot up the place and killed her dad. I bet she now has a dbl stack stainless steel 9mm and wears it in the shower. Varmint guy I can't believe you said that stupid sh*t being an ex leo....mb
…if alcohol is consumed?

Start drinking the gun comes off and sits on a table right next to me. Otherwise I am armed in or out of the house.
Originally Posted by Swifty52
…if alcohol is consumed?

Start drinking the gun comes off and sits on a table right next to me. Otherwise I am armed in or out of the house.
Why, if your firearm is still just as easy, if not easier to access on the table?
I conceal carry outside the house all the time, about half the time inside, I drink and carry responsibly. Also, there's a loaded firearm in virtually every room in the house, so that all family members have a fighting chance if need be.
Remember, [bleep] goes down when and where you least expect it. One other thought, I feel very uneasy when I'm working or visiting one of the anti-2nd ammendment states that surround PA.
I am sitting at my desk as I write this in my rural home and I am not wearing a firearm............there is however a 1911 laying on the desk and an 870 Tactical loaded with slugs and buckshot leaned against the desk. They will remain in the same place tonight when I pour my first cocktail of the evening.
I don't carry inside.
Hell, if my girls aren't home I'm in my undearware.

But right now I can stretch and touch a G19, a PSA AR is actually
closer and a lever flip from ready. An 870 is between me and the
door.

The AR isn't for defense.
Half the guys on the 'Fire say I'll die if I try to defend myself with
a $450 AR.
Always carrying or have a firearm very close by; haven’t had a drink in decades so that isn’t a consideration
Originally Posted by MagnumBob
There was a woman who left her ccw in her car one day to have lunch with her parents at Luby's restaurant in Texas the day the gunmen shot up the place and killed her dad.
That was Suzanna Hupp.
Kahr PM 9 if I'm wearing pants. I don't drink but I did finally drop 2000.00 on a very nice espresso machine a few Months ago.

So far I have not gotten caffeinated to the point I put it in the gun safe cool
That was a powerful and very well delivered speech in the video.
And then you have us lucky canucks that are so safe because our government mandates locking all firearms up, unless your a criminal you are at the mercy of crooks.
They think we are a peaceful nation, bunch of idiots.
Sheesh.
Double sheesh.
Puzzled in Poughkeepsie.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I live 3 to 4 months out of the year within 50 miles of the Tex-Mex border. I've had illegal aliens* cross my front yard.
I carry, except when I'm in my pajamas, inside or outside the house. I carry except when entering a courtroom.

It's just not in south Texas. Knew a young man who grew up in the Texas panhandle.
Came home from school one day with his sister only to find a "criminal" holding both their parents at gun point.
Fortunately, the guy finally stole a pickup and left everyone alive. THAT was in the late 60's!
S#¡t does happen!

* - Senor Mayorkas, DHS Sec'y, no longer allows CBP agents to refer to illegal border crossers as "illegal aliens"!
They must be referred to as "undocumented persons"! (?)
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
[quote=MagnumBob]There was a woman who left her ccw in her car one day to have lunch with her parents at Luby's restaurant in Texas the day the gunmen shot up the place and killed her dad.
That was Suzanna Hupp.

IIRC, October 16, 1991 was on a Wednesday.

At that time I was doing commercial real estate appraisals. I was appraising the Quail Creek Apartment and one other I do not remember the name of. I remember the Quail Creek Apts. as I had lunch at that same Luby's restaurant the day before the massacre with the manager and a maintenance man. When out in BFE I always was armed, but at that time it was not legal to "carry" a pistol in Texas. I left my pistol in the car. IIRC, the maintenance guy was shot and killed and the manager was shot twice but survived. I've not stepped into a restaurant or a stop-and-rob since that date that I am not armed. I've now carried, daily,since 1991. At my deer lease my pistol is the first thing I put on after my pants and the last thing I take off at night. I have only had to display a weapon four times during the last 30+ years. Fortunately, I've never had to discharge my weapon.

Like others, there is always a firearm in reach and several stashed in and about my house. I live in a suburb, but there seems to be an increasing amount of two and four legged varmints on the prowl. At 70, I no longer have the confidence that I am the "top predator".

As to the alcohol thing, I like what a fellow said years ago, "a man's gotta know his limitations!"

ya!

GWB
Originally Posted by martinstrummer
I live 3 monthsnoutnof tg he year within 50 miles of the Texz-Mex

Huh?
…if alcohol is consumed?

Why, if your firearm is still just as easy, if not easier to access on the table?

2 reasons, my CHP says I can’t have a gun on me if I have been drinking. Zero tolerance, so if I step outside and shoot someone I be fugged, if they kick in my door and I shoot ‘em with one off the table, not a damn thing illegal.
Reason 2, I promised the wife I wouldn’t carry and drink. I give the gun to her and she’s very proficient.
Stevie be bored so he be trollin'..........
Down side I see to this post , could be how you answer .
You get in some shiet and shiet is deep enough that computers or phones get confiscated and you are blabbing about blowing the sheit out of somebody or other chest thumping B.S. it could be used to shine a shadow on your character.
Liberal judge or jury would bite into that sort of thing hard .
Kenneth
Loaded 1911 in the truck console for the job site (construction is full of unpredictable tweakers) but the main reason I got my CCP was to carry a handgun under my coat or in my backpack while hunting. Haven’t felt the need to carry very many places I frequent.
I have two dogs who do a good job of alerting anytime someone is outside the house (suburban neighborhood).

And I’m never very far from a firearm.

I feel the most vulnerable when I leave the house to get into the truck, and when I come back, even though I’m always armed outside the house.

I don’t know why that is.
Sheesh.
Double sheesh.
Puzzled in Poughkeepsie.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I must respectfully disagree, I live in rural Oregon coast at the very end of a mile and a half gravel, dead end road tucked up next to the timber.
I carry concealed at home all day. If you wear your carry handgun like you do your underwear, it will be with you when you need it. you won't forget it when you go to town and it's likely, (in todays environment) that you may very well need it anywhere you live, Rural or Watts.
I also keep backup in my vehicle.
All my weapons are always loaded and ready for action, I'm not paranoid, just ready.
In my 62 years, I've had to display a weapon four times to deter. Of those four, I had to aim the weapon three times. Only once did just the sight of the weapon change someone's mind. I grew up up in SoCal and the three times was down there, that's when I packed up the wife and kids and left.
The one time (just a visual) was close to home, a wigged out Meth head, that saw the danger of his ways, He decided to beat the crap out of the car in the parking lot instead, don't know who's car.
Sheesh.
Double sheesh.
Puzzled in Poughkeepsie.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Well lah-tee-phuggin-dah, varmintstooge is puzzled again.
…if alcohol is consumed?

2 reasons, my CHP says I can’t have a gun on me if I have been drinking. Zero tolerance, so if I step outside and shoot someone I be fugged, if they kick in my door and I shoot ‘em with one off the table, not a damn thing illegal.
Reason 2, I promised the wife I wouldn’t carry and drink. I give the gun to her and she’s very proficient.

I don't carry around the house. There are several placed around the house within easy reach. The guns stay in the same place, in the same condition at all times. Me having a drink doesn't change that, nor do I see any reason it should. It seems as if you're inferring that somehow a loaded AR in the corner or pistol on the counter becomes more dangerous if I'm having a beer. I don't follow that logic but if you're someone who has an uncontrollable urge to pick up and play with firearms when you're drinking then maybe you should lock yours away. That's not me and the guns stay in the same place whether I'm having a drink or not.

For the two reasons you listed, I don't have a CHP. First, I'm in a constitutional carry state and I don't believe in asking government permission for a God given right so I don't have any rules attached to a CHP. Second, I don't have a wife so I don't have to promise not to carry and drink, and I wouldn't let her dictate such things to me if I had one.
Sheesh.
Double sheesh.
Puzzled in Poughkeepsie.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
10-ish years ago an older couple in their 60's, small town, pillars of the church, good community citizens, etc. had the misfortune to have a wacko stroll into their house in the middle of the afternoon and bludgeon them to death with a fireplace poker. I have carried most waking moments ever since, drinking or not. I don't carry at the bar.

You do not get to choose when you may need your gun. The bad guys choose for you.
No. Live in a dead-end snob knob development and no one but the residents and delivery rigs come up here. Mostly doctors and three state policemen as neighbors.

If one needs a rig, stop by, as the keys are usually on the dash or in the ignition.
Got a 1100 with magazine extension in east reach,00 buckshot
I often carry at home but since my wife nor I consume alcohol, it is not a problem.
I don’t carry when I drink.
I very rarely carry.
Robb, let me tell you buddy it is not too late to start drinking. It is not as difficult as you may have heard. I am here to help.

Do you drink alcohol at home and still carry OR have ready access to firearms, or do you lock them away when consuming?

In Minnesota you can consume alcohol up to a BAC of .04 and still carry a firearm in public. Beyond that and one can be arrested and, if convicted, be fined and suffer revocation of permit. "Under the influence" is another standard that can lead to charges and penalties but that generally is a higher standard than .04 BAC.

In the home, one can be drunk as a skunk and still legally carry. Shoot someone in self defense while in that condition and the wrong prosecutor can make life painful. A large part of the problem will be the alcohol talking when one should be waiting for their attorney. There is no consistency in that area and one has to hope for a sympathetic prosecutor or jury.

Back on topic, I don't usually carry in the house but I'll have something handy. If I step out of the house I'll be armed as it is common to run across something that needs shooting. Since April 1st it's been 5 raccoons, 3 coyotes, 3 possums, a skunk, and a dozen plus English sparrows.

When I leave my property I am always armed and it is not uncommon to have two or more guns with me. The area used to be overflow for methheads but it was cleaned up fairly well when psuedoephrine laws were enacted making meth cheaper and easier to obtain from Mexico.
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
You get in some shiet and shiet is deep enough that computers or phones get confiscated and you are blabbing about blowing the sheit out of somebody or other chest thumping B.S. it could be used to shine a shadow on your character.
Kenneth

We are talking about carrying firearms at home.

We have a 2nd Amendment. And a 1st. (Or what's left of them)

This is a hunting and shooting site where guys may actually talk about firearms for self defense... *Gasp*

While I wouldn't go on Facebook or Twitter and have a Rambo photo of myself posted up with a dare to step off the sidewalk, I doubt talk of Shoot-Don't Shoot scenarios will get you indicted after shooting a burglar in your own home.
I don't care if you drink and carry at home, as long as your at your home not mine, I feel gunpowder and booze don't do well together. Rio7
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I don’t carry when I drink.
I very rarely carry.
lol
I carry everyday, and around the house as well. Three drinks is my limit when carrying, so if I know I will have more I lock it up.

This method has worked well for me for 35 years.
I don't care if you drink and carry at home, as long as your at your home not mine, I feel gunpowder and booze don't do well together. Rio7

I agree. I shot the pool table one night.

I agree. I shot the pool table one night.

And Bubba shot the jukebox...

Though that was at Margie's and not at home. But, what if Bubba had been there enough to consider Margie's his one?
I did not go to church 35 years of Sundays to damage my testimony drinking that demon alcohol

Just think, I could have used all those Sundays to run up cholesterol eating chili poured over Fritos and watching Paint Your Wagon for the 27th time.
Never been a problem for me. wink

I'll not swallow a thief to steal my brains.
some of you guys must live in some schhiddy azz neighborhoods

My biggest fear...what are those damm buck deer gonna destroy tonight ?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
"or do you just ignore the 51% sign and carry anyway?"

I've never seen one of those signs anywhere.
Originally Posted by victoro
"or do you just ignore the 51% sign and carry anyway?"

I've never seen one of those signs anywhere.

I’ve only ever seen one in TX in my 25 years of legal carry.
So!!! You were born under a wandering star!!!!!

Originally Posted by slumlord
Just think, I could have used all those Sundays to run up cholesterol eating chili poured over Fritos and watching Paint Your Wagon for the 27th time.
Fat fingers!
Hit "post reply" WAY before I wuz reddy! LOL!
Reread now please!
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
Kenneth

We are talking about carrying firearms at home.

We have a 2nd Amendment. And a 1st. (Or what's left of them)

This is a hunting and shooting site where guys may actually talk about firearms for self defense... *Gasp*

While I wouldn't go on Facebook or Twitter and have a Rambo photo of myself posted up with a dare to step off the sidewalk, I doubt talk of Shoot-Don't Shoot scenarios will get you indicted after shooting a burglar in your own home.

Yep.

Unless maybe your a dipschitt like NoElkSlayer and you rant for 50 or 60 pages on “burglary of the domicile”.
Of course, we all know the only gun he’s got is his Daisy Red Ryder B.B. gun. 🤪🤪🤪😂😂😂
Originally Posted by Stophel
Never been a problem for me. wink

I'll not swallow a thief to steal my brains.
What movie is that from? Oh yes, True Grit.
Originally Posted by woodmaster81

In Minnesota you can consume alcohol up to a BAC of .04 and still carry a firearm in public. Beyond that and one can be arrested and, if convicted, be fined and suffer revocation of permit. "Under the influence" is another standard that can lead to charges and penalties but that generally is a higher standard than .04 BAC.

Note exactly.

Permit may be “suspended” for under .10, revoked .10 and above

The penalties for carrying under the influence or over 0.04 can be simplified:

Over 0.04 is a misdemeanor crime.
But a subsequent violation, or a 0.10 or more, is a gross misdemeanor.

In addition, if 0.10 or more: revocation of authority to carry a pistol in a public place. And the person may not reapply for a period of one year from the date of conviction.

If over 0.04: suspension of authority to carry a pistol in a public place. And the suspension is for 180 days from the date of conviction.

Property rights: Firearm carried in violation of over 0.04, is not subject to forfeiture.

Minnesota Statutes § 624.7143, subd. 2.
Originally Posted by tikkanut
some of you guys must live in some schhiddy azz neighborhoods

My biggest fear...what are those damm buck deer gonna destroy tonight ?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Couple of years back, a home health worker intent on getting an early start, arrived at a client's home (SE Houston, TX suburb) well before daylight.
The sounder of feral hogs that she stumbled into in the people's yard were not pleased at being disturbed.
They will never know why, but they attacked and killed the woman.
Would a weapon have saved her? I dunno? But it might have helped!
Damn right I do and this is the reason why....

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...cs/15865839/always-be-ready#Post15865839
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
[quote=MagnumBob]There was a woman who left her ccw in her car one day to have lunch with her parents at Luby's restaurant in Texas the day the gunmen shot up the place and killed her dad.
That was Suzanna Hupp.

IIRC, October 16, 1991 was on a Wednesday.

At that time I was doing commercial real estate appraisals. I was appraising the Quail Creek Apartment and one other I do not remember the name of. I remember the Quail Creek Apts. as I had lunch at that same Luby's restaurant the day before the massacre with the manager and a maintenance man. When out in BFE I always was armed, but at that time it was not legal to "carry" a pistol in Texas. I left my pistol in the car. IIRC, the maintenance guy was shot and killed and the manager was shot twice but survived. I've not stepped into a restaurant or a stop-and-rob since that date that I am not armed. I've now carried, daily,since 1991. At my deer lease my pistol is the first thing I put on after my pants and the last thing I take off at night. I have only had to display a weapon four times during the last 30+ years. Fortunately, I've never had to discharge my weapon.

Like others, there is always a firearm in reach and several stashed in and about my house. I live in a suburb, but there seems to be an increasing amount of two and four legged varmints on the prowl. At 70, I no longer have the confidence that I am the "top predator".

As to the alcohol thing, I like what a fellow said years ago, "a man's gotta know his limitations!"

ya!

GWB

Yep. She was a Chiropractor who left her handgun in her car the day of the Luby’s Shooting. Because CHL Permits And Concealed Carry weren’t legal in TX at that time.
Both her elderly parents were killed. But that shooting and her testimony are the main reason TX now has a CHL / LTC Law

My aunt and uncle used to meet everyday at the Luby’s for Lunch. They didn’t go that day because my aunt was sick.

Totally agree.

Awake or asleep, I always have at least one gun at hand.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^ I don't drink at all.
Liberal trolling.

Do you carry.a gun when your drunk?

Originally Posted by Cariboujack

Totally agree.

Awake or asleep, I always have at least one gun at hand.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^ I don't drink at all.

+1
Originally Posted by woodmaster81

Note exactly.

Permit may be “suspended” for under .10, revoked .10 and above

The penalties for carrying under the influence or over 0.04 can be simplified:

Over 0.04 is a misdemeanor crime.
But a subsequent violation, or a 0.10 or more, is a gross misdemeanor.

In addition, if 0.10 or more: revocation of authority to carry a pistol in a public place. And the person may not reapply for a period of one year from the date of conviction.

If over 0.04: suspension of authority to carry a pistol in a public place. And the suspension is for 180 days from the date of conviction.

Property rights: Firearm carried in violation of over 0.04, is not subject to forfeiture.

Minnesota Statutes § 624.7143, subd. 2.

In TX, they can suspend your CHL / LTC for drinking wile carrying a handgun. There is no legal limit of intoxication.

Totally agree.

A smart man has at least one at hand at all times, a really smart man has 2,3,4 or even 5 ready to go. wink
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Totally agree.

A smart man has at least one at hand at all times, a really smart man has 2,3,4 or even 5 ready to go. wink

Yep.
I don’t drink alcoholic beverages so I Cary when I need to. I live on a ranch so that’s most of the time.
My favorite bar is owned by a 3 gun shooter.

Lots of concealed permit holders in there.

Safest place in town.
StEeyore now has a list of everyone that carries, legal or not.

That dude is not your friend.
Originally Posted by Backroads
StEeyore now has a list of everyone that carries, legal or not.

That dude is not your friend.

Dude, I've been on the list since high school. And so have most of us.
Last night I was robbed at gunpoint, in my house, by a naked woman!

Unfortunately, I can't remember her face.
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.
Not usually around the house, depends on where I've been or where I'm going.
Have the P365 in reach right now.
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Totally agree.

Yep.

If you're at home to it's easy to keep more than that ready to go. Away from home it's not much harder. One in the hand, cooler full ready to go.
Sat down to supper with a group from N.J. a red haired guy, got up and pointed at me and said you've got a gun! all the ranch guy's at the table started laughing, I told the guy there about 5 or 6 guy' at this table with a gun, you just happened to see mine, scared the SCHITT out of him. Rio7
Sat down to supper with a group from N.J. a red haired guy, got up and pointed at me and said you've got a gun! all the ranch guy's at the table started laughing, I told the guy there about 5 or 6 guy' at this table with a gun, you just happened to see mine, scared the SCHITT out of him. Rio7
My sister in law did that to me once. I told her that in the many years she's known me, she's never seen me when I wasn't carrying one.
My sister in law did that to me once. I told her that in the many years she's known me, she's never seen me when I wasn't carrying one.

LOL.

I love the one's who come up to me and say... "Excuse me, but that pistol you are carrying is cocked!"

Ummm.... Yeah. That's how you carry a 1911. grin
I have guns in a couple of places around the house but I’ve made a point of living where it isn’t necessary to carry one in house.
Quail Hunt
The same red headed guy , after shooting at about 20 Quail, finally hit one, he walked up on it and it was still alive, he put his foot on it and hollered for help, i walked up and what's the problem? and he pointed at his foot and said it's still alive! I said pick it up pull it's head off and put it in your vest, he said i can't do that! I said look you damn pussy, you shot it you wounded it now you kill it. think I scared the Schitt out of him, he pulled it's head off then puked all over his snake boots. some people shouldn't eat breakfast if they are going hunting. Rio7

LOLOLOL

Probably one of those Yankees that think the 2nd Amendment is just for hunting guns and rifles.

Had a hunting guide in Colorado once ask me why I was carrying a pistol, on a bow hunt. I asked him why he wasn’t.

LOL.

I love the one's who come up to me and say... "Excuse me, but that pistol you are carrying is cocked!"

Yep. I’ve had some dipschitts do that.

LOL.

Had a City Officer of my small rural town have a baby duck when he asked for my weapon on a traffic stop when I moved back from Texas in '95... He tried to tell me I could not carry my 1911 loaded, locked and cocked. Once he was sure I did not have drugs in the car, he gave me the weapon back but kept my ammo. I asked for it back politely and he said no, he did not have to give it back. I called his Chief, (a guy I went to high school with) and Winifred told me to give the kid my phone, a few minutes later he begrudgingly gave my phone and my ammo back. It is good to know the correct people sometimes.
At home I have 2 100 pound German Shepherds that don't like strangers. They are scary enough that nobody is going to challenge them.
…if alcohol is consumed?

Do you lock up your car keys?
I wish they had a breathalyzer app before you were allowed to order anything online.
20+ years where I’m at in a “higher crime” area no problems, even once or twice accidentally leaving front doors open all day and vehicle doors routinely unlocked.

Then predawn one morning a potential miscreant almost walked in my open front door, stalled there by my 25lb adopted stray mutt doing a really good imitation of a vicious dog. Gave me time to access the j-frame.

So now I have it in my pocket all the time at home, don’t drink much but then too.

Still haven’t had any property thefts (knock on wood) other than I presume the UPS guy lifting an old beat up pair of binocs off of the front porch. But if it was him he weren’t a local.
Seriously, if you're not locking up your car keys, why would you lock up your gun? Reading this whole thing shows how screwed up Minnesota is.
I carry. Everywhere except illegal to carry locations. There is a piece in every room of our home. Always. YMMV.
Originally Posted by 250Sav_age
Seriously, if you're not locking up your car keys, why would you lock up your gun? Reading this whole thing shows how screwed up Minnesota is.
What does MN have to do with this thread, besides allowing both the RIGHT to carry in a bar AND consume to an acceptable level while in that bar.
What does MN have to do with this thread, besides allowing both the RIGHT to carry in a bar AND consume to an acceptable level while in that bar.

Voted red never in my lifetime. Some would call that a trend.

So you have voted Blue your entire life.

Wow, you are a POS Democrat

Now back to the Original topic.
Originally Posted by BeanMan
I have guns in a couple of places around the house but I’ve made a point of living where it isn’t necessary to carry one in house.
Yep and Hell, we don't even lock the doors most of the time and I still don't feel the need to carry around the house.

Context - MN has never voted red in his lifetime is what he said.

Correct, but MN and especially the girl starting this post, have never proven to be overly intelligent. My God where do these stupid people come from.

Not true

Correct, but MN and especially the girl starting this post, have never proven to be overly intelligent. My God where do these stupid people come from.
Bob Brown is back.
© 24hourcampfire