Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
So!!! You were born under a wandering star!!!!!

Originally Posted by slumlord
Just think, I could have used all those Sundays to run up cholesterol eating chili poured over Fritos and watching Paint Your Wagon for the 27th time.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fat fingers!
Hit "post reply" WAY before I wuz reddy! LOL!
Reread now please!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
Down side I see to this post , could be how you answer .
You get in some shiet and shiet is deep enough that computers or phones get confiscated and you are blabbing about blowing the sheit out of somebody or other chest thumping B.S. it could be used to shine a shadow on your character.
Liberal judge or jury would bite into that sort of thing hard .
Kenneth

We are talking about carrying firearms at home.

We have a 2nd Amendment. And a 1st. (Or what's left of them)

This is a hunting and shooting site where guys may actually talk about firearms for self defense... *Gasp*

While I wouldn't go on Facebook or Twitter and have a Rambo photo of myself posted up with a dare to step off the sidewalk, I doubt talk of Shoot-Don't Shoot scenarios will get you indicted after shooting a burglar in your own home.

Yep.

Unless maybe your a dipschitt like NoElkSlayer and you rant for 50 or 60 pages on “burglary of the domicile”.
Of course, we all know the only gun he’s got is his Daisy Red Ryder B.B. gun. 🤪🤪🤪😂😂😂

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Stophel
Never been a problem for me. wink

I'll not swallow a thief to steal my brains.
What movie is that from? Oh yes, True Grit.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
Originally Posted by steve4102
In MN you cannot only carry in a bar, you can consume.

...But this is supposed to be about carrying at home.

Do you drink alcohol at home and still carry OR have ready access to firearms, or do you lock them away when consuming?

In Minnesota you can consume alcohol up to a BAC of .04 and still carry a firearm in public. Beyond that and one can be arrested and, if convicted, be fined and suffer revocation of permit. "Under the influence" is another standard that can lead to charges and penalties but that generally is a higher standard than .04 BAC.

Note exactly.

Permit may be “suspended” for under .10, revoked .10 and above

The penalties for carrying under the influence or over 0.04 can be simplified:

Over 0.04 is a misdemeanor crime.
But a subsequent violation, or a 0.10 or more, is a gross misdemeanor.

In addition, if 0.10 or more: revocation of authority to carry a pistol in a public place. And the person may not reapply for a period of one year from the date of conviction.

If over 0.04: suspension of authority to carry a pistol in a public place. And the suspension is for 180 days from the date of conviction.

Property rights: Firearm carried in violation of over 0.04, is not subject to forfeiture.

Minnesota Statutes § 624.7143, subd. 2.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tikkanut
some of you guys must live in some schhiddy azz neighborhoods

My biggest fear...what are those damm buck deer gonna destroy tonight ?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Couple of years back, a home health worker intent on getting an early start, arrived at a client's home (SE Houston, TX suburb) well before daylight.
The sounder of feral hogs that she stumbled into in the people's yard were not pleased at being disturbed.
They will never know why, but they attacked and killed the woman.
Would a weapon have saved her? I dunno? But it might have helped!

Last edited by martinstrummer; 05/09/22.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
[quote=MagnumBob]There was a woman who left her ccw in her car one day to have lunch with her parents at Luby's restaurant in Texas the day the gunmen shot up the place and killed her dad.
That was Suzanna Hupp.

IIRC, October 16, 1991 was on a Wednesday.

At that time I was doing commercial real estate appraisals. I was appraising the Quail Creek Apartment and one other I do not remember the name of. I remember the Quail Creek Apts. as I had lunch at that same Luby's restaurant the day before the massacre with the manager and a maintenance man. When out in BFE I always was armed, but at that time it was not legal to "carry" a pistol in Texas. I left my pistol in the car. IIRC, the maintenance guy was shot and killed and the manager was shot twice but survived. I've not stepped into a restaurant or a stop-and-rob since that date that I am not armed. I've now carried, daily,since 1991. At my deer lease my pistol is the first thing I put on after my pants and the last thing I take off at night. I have only had to display a weapon four times during the last 30+ years. Fortunately, I've never had to discharge my weapon.

Like others, there is always a firearm in reach and several stashed in and about my house. I live in a suburb, but there seems to be an increasing amount of two and four legged varmints on the prowl. At 70, I no longer have the confidence that I am the "top predator".

As to the alcohol thing, I like what a fellow said years ago, "a man's gotta know his limitations!"

ya!

GWB

Yep. She was a Chiropractor who left her handgun in her car the day of the Luby’s Shooting. Because CHL Permits And Concealed Carry weren’t legal in TX at that time.
Both her elderly parents were killed. But that shooting and her testimony are the main reason TX now has a CHL / LTC Law

My aunt and uncle used to meet everyday at the Luby’s for Lunch. They didn’t go that day because my aunt was sick.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 05/09/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Right? But it could happen to anybody. My point is that bad stuff perpetratrated by other people can't be planned. You're just as likely to take the dogs (or yourself) out to take a piss and run into some thugs jacking your catalytic converter as you are to get mugged at the mall.

Totally agree.

Awake or asleep, I always have at least one gun at hand.

Drunk ain't a problem, since I never am. smile

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^ I don't drink at all.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Liberal trolling.

Do you carry.a gun when your drunk?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Right? But it could happen to anybody. My point is that bad stuff perpetratrated by other people can't be planned. You're just as likely to take the dogs (or yourself) out to take a piss and run into some thugs jacking your catalytic converter as you are to get mugged at the mall.

Totally agree.

Awake or asleep, I always have at least one gun at hand.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^ I don't drink at all.

+1

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
In MN you cannot only carry in a bar, you can consume.

...But this is supposed to be about carrying at home.

Do you drink alcohol at home and still carry OR have ready access to firearms, or do you lock them away when consuming?

In Minnesota you can consume alcohol up to a BAC of .04 and still carry a firearm in public. Beyond that and one can be arrested and, if convicted, be fined and suffer revocation of permit. "Under the influence" is another standard that can lead to charges and penalties but that generally is a higher standard than .04 BAC.

Note exactly.

Permit may be “suspended” for under .10, revoked .10 and above

The penalties for carrying under the influence or over 0.04 can be simplified:

Over 0.04 is a misdemeanor crime.
But a subsequent violation, or a 0.10 or more, is a gross misdemeanor.

In addition, if 0.10 or more: revocation of authority to carry a pistol in a public place. And the person may not reapply for a period of one year from the date of conviction.

If over 0.04: suspension of authority to carry a pistol in a public place. And the suspension is for 180 days from the date of conviction.

Property rights: Firearm carried in violation of over 0.04, is not subject to forfeiture.

Minnesota Statutes § 624.7143, subd. 2.

In TX, they can suspend your CHL / LTC for drinking wile carrying a handgun. There is no legal limit of intoxication.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Totally agree.

Awake or asleep, I always have a gun at hand.

A smart man has at least one at hand at all times, a really smart man has 2,3,4 or even 5 ready to go. wink

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Totally agree.

Awake or asleep, I always have a gun at hand.

A smart man has at least one at hand at all times, a really smart man has 2,3,4 or even 5 ready to go. wink

Yep.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
I don’t drink alcoholic beverages so I Cary when I need to. I live on a ranch so that’s most of the time.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
My favorite bar is owned by a 3 gun shooter.

Lots of concealed permit holders in there.

Safest place in town.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
StEeyore now has a list of everyone that carries, legal or not.

That dude is not your friend.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Backroads
StEeyore now has a list of everyone that carries, legal or not.

That dude is not your friend.

Dude, I've been on the list since high school. And so have most of us.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Last night I was robbed at gunpoint, in my house, by a naked woman!

Unfortunately, I can't remember her face.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.
Not usually around the house, depends on where I've been or where I'm going.
Have the P365 in reach right now.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

122 members (2UP, 6mmCreedmoor, 10Glocks, 35, 406_SBC, 1OntarioJim, 10 invisible), 1,590 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,495
Posts18,472,121
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.