Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by steve4102
…if alcohol is consumed?
…or when the bottle breaks out and the beer starts to flow, do you disarm and lock the guns away?

Start drinking the gun comes off and sits on a table right next to me. Otherwise I am armed in or out of the house.

Swifty

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Swifty52
…if alcohol is consumed?
…or when the bottle breaks out and the beer starts to flow, do you disarm and lock the guns away?

Start drinking the gun comes off and sits on a table right next to me. Otherwise I am armed in or out of the house.
Why, if your firearm is still just as easy, if not easier to access on the table?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I conceal carry outside the house all the time, about half the time inside, I drink and carry responsibly. Also, there's a loaded firearm in virtually every room in the house, so that all family members have a fighting chance if need be.
Remember, [bleep] goes down when and where you least expect it. One other thought, I feel very uneasy when I'm working or visiting one of the anti-2nd ammendment states that surround PA.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I am sitting at my desk as I write this in my rural home and I am not wearing a firearm............there is however a 1911 laying on the desk and an 870 Tactical loaded with slugs and buckshot leaned against the desk. They will remain in the same place tonight when I pour my first cocktail of the evening.

Last edited by 160user; 05/09/22.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't carry inside.
Hell, if my girls aren't home I'm in my undearware.

But right now I can stretch and touch a G19, a PSA AR is actually
closer and a lever flip from ready. An 870 is between me and the
door.

The AR isn't for defense.
Half the guys on the 'Fire say I'll die if I try to defend myself with
a $450 AR.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 05/09/22.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Always carrying or have a firearm very close by; haven’t had a drink in decades so that isn’t a consideration

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MagnumBob
There was a woman who left her ccw in her car one day to have lunch with her parents at Luby's restaurant in Texas the day the gunmen shot up the place and killed her dad.
That was Suzanna Hupp.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Kahr PM 9 if I'm wearing pants. I don't drink but I did finally drop 2000.00 on a very nice espresso machine a few Months ago.

So far I have not gotten caffeinated to the point I put it in the gun safe cool

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
That was a powerful and very well delivered speech in the video.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
And then you have us lucky canucks that are so safe because our government mandates locking all firearms up, unless your a criminal you are at the mercy of crooks.
They think we are a peaceful nation, bunch of idiots.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Steve4102: IF.... YOU or ANYONE else feels they have to carry a concealed firearm in their home then you/they need to pack up yourshit, sell said home and move!
Sheesh.
A firearm should/could be prudently available but to carry a firearm in ones home is just bizarre in my experience.
Double sheesh.
And more directly - "do I carry a concealed firearm around my home"? Absofuckinlutely not.
Puzzled in Poughkeepsie.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I live 3 to 4 months out of the year within 50 miles of the Tex-Mex border. I've had illegal aliens* cross my front yard.
I carry, except when I'm in my pajamas, inside or outside the house. I carry except when entering a courtroom.

It's just not in south Texas. Knew a young man who grew up in the Texas panhandle.
Came home from school one day with his sister only to find a "criminal" holding both their parents at gun point.
Fortunately, the guy finally stole a pickup and left everyone alive. THAT was in the late 60's!
S#¡t does happen!

* - Senor Mayorkas, DHS Sec'y, no longer allows CBP agents to refer to illegal border crossers as "illegal aliens"!
They must be referred to as "undocumented persons"! (?)

Last edited by martinstrummer; 05/09/22.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
[quote=MagnumBob]There was a woman who left her ccw in her car one day to have lunch with her parents at Luby's restaurant in Texas the day the gunmen shot up the place and killed her dad.
That was Suzanna Hupp.

IIRC, October 16, 1991 was on a Wednesday.

At that time I was doing commercial real estate appraisals. I was appraising the Quail Creek Apartment and one other I do not remember the name of. I remember the Quail Creek Apts. as I had lunch at that same Luby's restaurant the day before the massacre with the manager and a maintenance man. When out in BFE I always was armed, but at that time it was not legal to "carry" a pistol in Texas. I left my pistol in the car. IIRC, the maintenance guy was shot and killed and the manager was shot twice but survived. I've not stepped into a restaurant or a stop-and-rob since that date that I am not armed. I've now carried, daily,since 1991. At my deer lease my pistol is the first thing I put on after my pants and the last thing I take off at night. I have only had to display a weapon four times during the last 30+ years. Fortunately, I've never had to discharge my weapon.

Like others, there is always a firearm in reach and several stashed in and about my house. I live in a suburb, but there seems to be an increasing amount of two and four legged varmints on the prowl. At 70, I no longer have the confidence that I am the "top predator".

As to the alcohol thing, I like what a fellow said years ago, "a man's gotta know his limitations!"

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 05/09/22.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by martinstrummer
I live 3 monthsnoutnof tg he year within 50 miles of the Texz-Mex

Huh?

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Swifty52
…if alcohol is consumed?

Why, if your firearm is still just as easy, if not easier to access on the table?

2 reasons, my CHP says I can’t have a gun on me if I have been drinking. Zero tolerance, so if I step outside and shoot someone I be fugged, if they kick in my door and I shoot ‘em with one off the table, not a damn thing illegal.
Reason 2, I promised the wife I wouldn’t carry and drink. I give the gun to her and she’s very proficient.

Swifty
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Stevie be bored so he be trollin'..........

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Down side I see to this post , could be how you answer .
You get in some shiet and shiet is deep enough that computers or phones get confiscated and you are blabbing about blowing the sheit out of somebody or other chest thumping B.S. it could be used to shine a shadow on your character.
Liberal judge or jury would bite into that sort of thing hard .
Kenneth

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Loaded 1911 in the truck console for the job site (construction is full of unpredictable tweakers) but the main reason I got my CCP was to carry a handgun under my coat or in my backpack while hunting. Haven’t felt the need to carry very many places I frequent.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have two dogs who do a good job of alerting anytime someone is outside the house (suburban neighborhood).

And I’m never very far from a firearm.

I feel the most vulnerable when I leave the house to get into the truck, and when I come back, even though I’m always armed outside the house.

I don’t know why that is.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
C
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
C
Steve4102: IF.... YOU or ANYONE else feels they have to carry a concealed firearm in their home then you/they need to pack up yourshit, sell said home and move!
Sheesh.
A firearm should/could be prudently available but to carry a firearm in ones home is just bizarre in my experience.
Double sheesh.
And more directly - "do I carry a concealed firearm around my home"? Absofuckinlutely not.
Puzzled in Poughkeepsie.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I must respectfully disagree, I live in rural Oregon coast at the very end of a mile and a half gravel, dead end road tucked up next to the timber.
I carry concealed at home all day. If you wear your carry handgun like you do your underwear, it will be with you when you need it. you won't forget it when you go to town and it's likely, (in todays environment) that you may very well need it anywhere you live, Rural or Watts.
I also keep backup in my vehicle.
All my weapons are always loaded and ready for action, I'm not paranoid, just ready.
In my 62 years, I've had to display a weapon four times to deter. Of those four, I had to aim the weapon three times. Only once did just the sight of the weapon change someone's mind. I grew up up in SoCal and the three times was down there, that's when I packed up the wife and kids and left.
The one time (just a visual) was close to home, a wigged out Meth head, that saw the danger of his ways, He decided to beat the crap out of the car in the parking lot instead, don't know who's car.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.
George Washington

Willie, smile
Coquille Valley Machine Works
541-260-6246
[email protected]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sheesh.
Double sheesh.
Puzzled in Poughkeepsie.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Well lah-tee-phuggin-dah, varmintstooge is puzzled again.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,225 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,010
Posts18,500,165
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.