Home
Posted By: jbmi Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/02/23
Watched limited amount of the trial, could only stand about 5 min. each time.
I think he did it, but I'll bet he walks.
He will be convicted.
He absolutely did it. He will walk. Our electorate in SC is too stupid to rationalize all the mountain of circumstantial evidence.
I don’t think the prosecution did a good job at all but I’m sure that he’s guilty.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/02/23
Some schmoe pontificated he will be acquitted in short order. I don't see how.

His voice being on tape putting him at the scene is damning. His multiple change of clothes and inexplicable disappearance of some of them. His lying about all that. The fact someone used a Blackout. His actions.....

Motive is still a bit of a hard one for me and at first blush I questioned a single shooter using two weapons but put that down to being clever.

The forensic guy who said shooting a head will cause a lot of blowback at the shooter.....hello JFK.

I actually cracked up at some comments from Nancy Grace show where a caller was calling out Murdaughs attempt at folksy talk . Said something like did Pawpaw get your pillpills etc....
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/02/23
He is guilty but I doubt he will ever be convicted. I suspect he will commit suicide if he is acquitted. It just won't be soon enough.

kwg
Posted By: TimZ Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/02/23
Sounds like the police did a really poor job at the crime scene, which may end up getting him off......How does one do all that shooting at close range and not have powder residue all over him.....
The wife evidently told her friend she was insisting on meeting him in a public place, too bad she changed her mind.
Hang him---Let God sort it out.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/02/23
He'll be in the slammer for life...
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/02/23
Originally Posted by TimZ
Sounds like the police did a really poor job at the crime scene, which may end up getting him off......How does one do all that shooting at close range and not have powder residue all over him.....
The wife evidently told her friend she was insisting on meeting him in a public place, too bad she changed her mind.

Little matter of a raincoat with GSR all over it.
He is facing over 90 felony charges for his financial crimes, which total over 740 years in prison.
Even if he walks on the murder rap he will never get out of prison.
These are State charges not Federal. If they were Federal he would go to a "Country Club" jail, a Federal Prison Camp.
But on State charges he is headed to the State Pen.
Not a good place for a 54 year old lawyer, he might well be administered some "Prison Justice."
Originally Posted by Redneck
He'll be in the slammer for life...

For all his lies and theft ….not to mention the destruction of the trust between a man and those closest to him, he deserves to spend life in prison. The murders are a disgusting display of how far the power of greed can push a person that’s predisposed to evil.

I’d give up everything I have to protect my wife and children including surrendering my life for theirs…without a second thought. There is literally NO amount of money and power in this world that could tempt me to take the lives of my most cherished “possessions”. I can’t wrap my head around the evil that is inside “people” like Murdaugh!
Posted By: KirkJ Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/02/23
I think it will be a hung jury. The state just did not have enough hard evidence.
Posted By: MickeyD Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/02/23
Without having sat in the courtroom and actually heard all the evidence, how can any of us have even a half assed informed opinion?
Posted By: JMR40 Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/02/23
I think he is guilty. I'm less sure he will be convicted, but I hope so.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/02/23
The guy that works next to me was listening to it (ear buds). I guess court TV was streaming it live. He said it will be a hung jury IMO. Defense lawyers were good.
Originally Posted by MickeyD
Without having sat in the courtroom and actually heard all the evidence, how can any of us have even a half assed informed opinion?

Because it’s the fuggin “fire” man.

These boomers are experts on everything and can also solve any crime while never changing out of their pizzed stained sweats.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/02/23

That’s what I was thinking.
Posted By: Tarquin Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/02/23
I watched key witness testimony and listened to the closing arguments. He's as guilty as a sheep-killing dog and will be convicted. Utter POS.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/02/23
Verdict is reach. That didn't take long. Will find out shortly
Posted By: Muffin Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/03/23
I have sat on a jury, Armed Robbery, I believe the kid did it, BUT the prosecutions case was an absolute joke........... so he WALKED....

Returning this quick I think Murdaugh walks...........

JMHO, but I'm often wrong..... we'll see!
This is the Hunters Campfire, you don't have to have evidence to have a opinion here
Guilty
Guilty. He was at the murder scene at the time of the murder but lied about it and then admitted he lied. He has been lying to his partners, wife, kids, clients, and law enforcement for a longg time.. He deserves the electric chair.
Posted By: gluck Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/03/23
He has been convicted on all counts!
Posted By: rong Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/03/23
Guilty on all counts
Watch the Netflix limited series on his family
That will leave a mark!
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/03/23
I wish they would kill him the same way he did his family, but like the judge said, sentencing is 30 to life for each count of murder. No death penalty I guess in SC. Gonna be paying for him for a while
SOB IS FOUND GUILTY ON ALL CHARGES
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/03/23

Easily. The trial was on all day long for last few weeks. Wife watched it non-stop and would sometimes shout at the tv. That is how I knew he was guilty. Others saying cops did a poor job- yeah well maybe but that is every defendants strategy.

Cops found the evidence that he was recorded heard on the scene when he said he wasn't.
Cops found the housekeepers and supplied damming testimony from both.

Those two things sealed his fate more than anything else. Using a 300 blackout wasn't too smart in my book. Not overly common.

Folks saying he would be acquitted- I think those are the ones who didn't watch any of it and just heard cops did a poor job.
The Murdaugh family had a housekeeper who had been working for them for 20 years. She practically lived at the Murdaugh home.
Four years ago, she "fell down the steps" and died.

Her family was due to get $2 million in the insurance settlement. Murdaugh stole every penny, the estate got zero.

I wonder if Murdaugh murdered her.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/03/23
Apologies if somebody beat me to this.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/03/23
That wasn't Reba- that was Vickie!
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
The Murdaugh family had a housekeeper who had been working for them for 20 years. She practically lived at the Murdaugh home.
Four years ago, she "fell down the steps" and died.

Her family was due to get $2 million in the insurance settlement. Murdaugh stole every penny, the estate got zero.

I wonder if Murdaugh murdered her.

Watch the Netflix series about him and his family, it leaves no doubt in my mind. I’m of the opinion that his wife was just as complicit as he was in the thefts and murders. I’m sure they killed Miss Gloria the housekeeper. Murdaugh took out a huge insurance policy on that property 2 months before the housekeeper was killed.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/03/23
He is a Sociopath. He did it. He thought it would benefit him some way.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/07/23
Hog- that is what I can't wrap my head around- a motive?

Maybe a s simple as stress. Wife was leaving him and son was pretty well despised and source of pain. No idea.
I watch Andrew Branca, one of his commentaries was that it was entirely circumstantial evidence, nothing that tied him directly to the murders. No idea if he's guilty or not, just Branca's expertise is on the process of law. He was quite critical of the defense team's performance.
Jbmi: NEVER..... EVER..... trust a lawyer!
Guilty as charged and as found!
Good riddance and, as they say, "a good start".
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: TRnCO Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/07/23
I believe he is guilty as charged, BUT I am curious as to where he hid the murder weapons?
Good question. This is near the ocean, there are bays, and swamps, and rivers all around there. All he had to do was drive for 3 minutes and dump the guns into the water.

I must admit Murdaugh did a good job of hiding the guns.
Posted By: Ngrumba Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/07/23
"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers". William Shakespeare
Posted By: Raeford Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/07/23
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Good question. This is near the ocean, there are bays, and swamps, and rivers all around there. All he had to do was drive for 3 minutes and dump the guns into the water.

I must admit Murdaugh did a good job of hiding the guns.

Someday some unsuspecting person fishing will most likely catch a gun.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/07/23
Originally Posted by grouseman
I watch Andrew Branca, one of his commentaries was that it was entirely circumstantial evidence, nothing that tied him directly to the murders. No idea if he's guilty or not, just Branca's expertise is on the process of law. He was quite critical of the defense team's performance.

I won't pretend to know the technical departure that defines evidence as 'circumstantial' but I have to think having your voice recorded on scene at the time of murder after lying about your whereabouts qualifies as something more.

Coercion of others to change their story - is that considered circumstantial?

I can understand that, even as uncommon a murder round as a 300 blackout is, his missing AR is still circumstantial.

I am for a strong benefit of doubt but not at cost of such preponderance of evidence.

I swear, this guy did all but leave Bruno Magli shoe prints.
Posted By: Jcubed Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/07/23
Jury convicted him...

GUILTY.
"Did everything but leave Bruno Magli shoeprints."

Good one.
Originally Posted by kenjs1
I am for a strong benefit of doubt but not at cost of such preponderance of evidence.

Preponderance of evidence, or “most of the evidence”, is a very low standard. 51% essentially. Much lower standard than “beyond reasonable doubt”.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/07/23
DA was wise to go down the [long] list of folk AM had lied to, making him answer yes/no to each.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/07/23
Victims dead. Murdaugh placed himself it the scene when they died. If he did not kill them he saw who did. Gun that killed wife was a Murdaugh gun, fired at the big house couple months earlier as evidenced by shell casings discovered there that matched those at crime scene.
Actually, too much evidence..
Originally Posted by GeoW
Victims dead. Murdaugh placed himself it the scene when they died. If he did not kill them he saw who did. Gun that killed wife was a Murdaugh gun, fired at the big house couple months earlier as evidenced by shell casings discovered there that matched those at crime scene.
Actually, too much evidence..

It’s the perfect crime scene….

Call Jack Reacher.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/15/23
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Originally Posted by kenjs1

Preponderance of evidence, or “most of the evidence”, is a very low standard. 51% essentially. Much lower standard than “beyond reasonable doubt”.

Semantics. Legal jargon but ...okay.

In my mind am thinking preponderance meant overwhelming.....hard to think otherwise......no reasonable doubt ... but I hear ya.

Too much evidence in any case.
I wonder how his first week in prison went?

A complete c-change from living an opulent lifestyle on someone else's dime, to living in a 6x8 prison cell.

Hope he meets people that he as a lawyer got put away. He may get the Jeffery Dahmer treatment.

KB
Posted By: Tarquin Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/15/23
The evidence of guilt was overwhelming.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Murdaugh, Guilty or Not ? - 03/15/23
unlike Mobsters or having a wealthy family, this guy killed off his support system

and the son that is left doesn't have a dime to his name , and he doesn't strike me as the type that is going to visit daddy much in prison.

I'd say he is going to have a pretty rough go of it.
© 24hourcampfire