Home
Posted By: 700LTR Non Woke Beer - 04/08/23
Is there any non woke beer companies out there? Don’t say microbreweries because most of those people are woke.
Posted By: Papag Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/08/23
Shiner.
Posted By: 7mm_Loco Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/08/23
Olde Frothingslosh
Posted By: Sauer200 Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/08/23
Yuengling, Still family owned. Don't pander to anyone.
Just sells beer.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/08/23
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Just sells beer.

I believe this very thing.

And have it on first hand authority it won’t go woke even though….shhhh
Posted By: Odessa Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/08/23
And the nice thing about Yuengling (in addition to being American family owned, USA made, and not eat up with wokeness) is that it is good beer too.
Posted By: Dude270 Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/08/23
Just sells beer.

Yep. They are still regional so might not be avaliable everywhere
“Good Beer”, Only Lord Chesterfield, the rest sucks and I told Dick and his daughters that personally
Originally Posted by Dude270
Just sells beer.

I think the Texas stuff is made by Miller?
Posted By: SAM50 Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/08/23
+4 for Yuengling. I’ve been in the company of the owner several times and know some people that work there. Dick is a stand up guy that isn’t afraid to get his hands dirty. And every generation gas actually bought the brewery from the previous one.
Posted By: Sauer200 Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/08/23
Originally Posted by Odessa
And the nice thing about Yuengling (in addition to being American family owned, USA made, and not eat up with wokeness) is that it is good beer too.

I've been drinking it since I was 14.
I used to buy it for 7 bucks a case.
Some years later it disappeared from the distributors.
One owner told me they were rebranding to become a premium beer. Doubled in price when it was reintroduced.
Posted By: 700LTR Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/08/23
Originally Posted by Odessa

Just bought some at Publix.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/08/23
Yuengling, PBR, Shiner & the xx line is about it for bigger names as far as I can learn.

Don't like most of them, or can't find them here. Had 7 Yuenglings yesterday & had to fight them down.

Gonna be a tough boycott. And this why monopolies or near monopolies suck. When ABinbev first started to buy Grupo Modello the SEC intervened, but AB got around it somehow & it's BS. In the shooting world, Vista is getting about as powerful.
Posted By: worriedman Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/08/23
I wish they made Shiner Octoberfest all year...
Posted By: Dude270 Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/08/23
I like the shiner premium lager the best of their beers. Wish we could get it here
Posted By: TimZ Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/08/23
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Just out of curiosity I looked at the store and it sure seems like the Bud Light ain’t moving like it used to.
Posted By: lotech Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/08/23
Originally Posted by TimZ
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Just out of curiosity I looked at the store and it sure seems like the Bud Light ain’t moving like it used to.

Maybe people finally figured out they could spend a little more and get something with flavor.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/08/23
White claw for the win. laugh
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/08/23
Shiner Beer ain't woke. They aren't gonna be either... smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Reba Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/08/23
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
Olde Frothingslosh

I remember that stuff. It had the foam on the bottom!
Posted By: jk16 Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/08/23
We like Shiner and Original Coors ( although I do not know what the current Coors ownership's political stances are)..

My girl bought a case of Michelob Ultra last week and I told her to NEVER bring that schit in my house again.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/08/23
I'll happily drink PBR, Shiner, and several Mexican beers. I winder how Boston Lager stands in this, because I like theirs, too.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/08/23
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I'll happily drink PBR, Shiner, and several Mexican beers. I winder how Boston Lager stands in this, because I like theirs, too.

Sam Adam’s was woke before it was cool. Gayer than a house cat.
Posted By: Esteban325 Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/08/23
Stone should seize this opportunity to point out they only focus on being the best beer. Never seen them list a gay gargoyle... just sayin'.
Posted By: shootbrownelk Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/08/23
Originally Posted by gunzo
Yuengling, PBR, Shiner & the xx line is about it for bigger names as far as I can learn.

Don't like most of them, or can't find them here. Had 7 Yuenglings yesterday & had to fight them down.

Gonna be a tough boycott. And this why monopolies or near monopolies suck. When ABinbev first started to buy Grupo Modello the SEC intervened, but AB got around it somehow & it's BS. In the shooting world, Vista is getting about as powerful.
And how long before Soros or Bloomfield buys up Vista?
Posted By: mogwai Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/09/23
If your crotch hurts that much, make your own dang beer. It ain't rocket surgery
Posted By: gunzo Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/09/23
Originally Posted by mogwai
If your crotch hurts that much, make your own dang beer. It ain't rocket surgery

Mixed messages?

Seems you're indicating that you don't stand for anything, you're totally self-sufficient, don't drink beer, or you might agree with AB's new direction.

?
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/09/23
Originally Posted by 700LTR
Is there any non woke beer companies out there? Don’t say microbreweries because most of those people are woke.

Good people and Birmingham district brewing should be GTG. There might ne a few others.
Posted By: UncleAlps Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/09/23
Never bought Bud before so my lack of interest in their product won't have much impact on their bottom line.

I would like to see the small regional breweries make a comeback. Seems the bigger the corporation, the more chance they go woke. Not just beer, either.
Posted By: KSMITH Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/09/23
F U C K beer, advance through puberty and drink whiskey or bourbon. Less trips to the fridge, gets to the point and a lot less pissing.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/09/23
Just sells beer.

Never heard of it out west here. We're being swarmed with CA refugees, WA refugees, OR refugees. They won't allow anything but woke. smirk
Posted By: shootinurse Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/09/23
New Trail here in Williamsport is starting spread its reach through the state. Good beers by real people. Yuengling for a big brewery.
Posted By: RAM Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/09/23
Most Mexican's are under InBev umbrella
Posted By: RAM Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/11/23
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Just sells beer.

Never heard of it out west here. We're being swarmed with CA refugees, WA refugees, OR refugees. They won't allow anything but woke. smirk

Oldest Brewery in America, PA region, into NE, Noth Texas, Nebraska, Oklahoma
Posted By: gunzo Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/12/23
Originally Posted by RAM

At least 2 seperate big brewers in Mex. Groupo Modello & the XX gang.

Modello: that, Negra Modello, all the Coronas & Pacifico, plus more, owned by ABinbev.

Dos Equis, Tecate, Carta Blanca & a few more by another firm not AB related.

Never cared for XX regular or Tecate, but this Bud BS led me to XX Ambar. I like the hell out of it.
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/12/23
Originally Posted by gunzo
Originally Posted by RAM

At least 2 seperate big brewers in Mex. Groupo Modello & the XX gang.

Modello: that, Negra Modello, all the Coronas & Pacifico, plus more, owned by ABinbev.

Dos Equis, Tecate, Carta Blanca & a few more by another firm not AB related.

Never cared for XX regular or Tecate, but this Bud BS led me to XX Ambar. I like the hell out of it.
Thanks for that info. I knew some of the Mex cervezas were tied in ABinbev
Posted By: LRoyJetson Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/12/23
+1 Yuengling, they also support Veterans, First responders ect.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/12/23
Yuenglings black and tan used to be decent. Haven’t had it in years though. Will be relooking at it now though. Killed the last of the AB products in the shop fridge tonight. Won’t be anymore going in.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/12/23
Best of my knowledge,
IC, IC Light, Old German are good to go. A few others under their umbrella.

It's easy to avoid AB.
A lot harder to track down who more quietly supports ESG.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/12/23
"It's easy to avoid AB" true but others have had their time in the barrel with the LBQ___ crap as well. BUT! they seem to have simply included them without grandstanding.

Unlike AB that damn well knew their customer base & seemed to just bitch slap them. For lack of eloquent wording, it feels like AB said; "we likely know how y'all will feel about this, but we need to move to another demographic, because straight white conservative males aren't the future, you're the past, the flyovers, the deplorables. We've enjoyed your money, but fuqk ya"

Hard for me to explain, but for me, their approach, not the action, just seems wrong.
Posted By: Kodiakisland Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/12/23
Of the big brand beers, Shiner is at the top of my list. I like New Belgium Brewery, but it is now foreign owned.
Local breweries, that pay local workers, and pay local taxes are at the top of my list though. Of the ones around here, all they want to do is make beer and stay in business. The only people they pander to are the ones who buy and drink their beer. Maybe some of you have only seen yuppie micro breweries, but most small breweries are just hard working small businesses who enjoy beer and are trying to make a living. Start spending your money local. You might be surprised what that does to your local economy.

I've drank at a lot of micro breweries across the US. You can usually tell the ones who cater to the odd crowd, but from what I've seen they are in the minority. Most are owned and operated by some pretty cool dudes, many veterans, who just like to make and drink beer. They hire local workers and pay local taxes. I'd much rather give them my beer money than a giant corporation owned and ran by international board members.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/12/23
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

Sam Adam’s was woke before it was cool. Gayer than a house cat.

This. And BTW, Yuengling supported Trump. And it's GOOD beer.
Posted By: Teal Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/12/23
Yuengling will partner with the woke groups to make beer - see if they stay with Hershey for their Chocolate porter.

Originally Posted by Esteban325
Stone should seize this opportunity to point out they only focus on being the best beer. Never seen them list a gay gargoyle... just sayin'.

If you think Greg Koch isn't woke, you're delusional. He brags about his yearly garbage fitting in the trunk of a prius. They're now owned by Sapporo out of Japan.
Posted By: killerv Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/12/23
I know there has been an uptick in PBR and Blue Moon purchases at the watering hole by the house. Folks are getting Jim Beam instead of JD after JD went woke with the RePaul stuff the other week.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Non Woke Beer - 04/12/23
Easy for me because Yuengling lager and Shiner bock have been my favorite big brewery beers for a long time. When we went to the Mexican restaurant the other night I just got XX amber instead of the Modelo negra that’s been my recent usual.

There are a ton of local breweries and brew pubs around here, many of which aren’t woke. They just want to make and sell beer.
© 24hourcampfire