Home
I like ‘em

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I soft boil two eggs most every morning. Love them rolled in salt and pepper
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I knew a SF guy that carried seasoned boiled eggs for forage. They must be alright.
Just boiled some and yet to peel them for egg, tuna, dill relish, lime juice, Valentines.

Headed to Lake tomorrow.
Ramen eggs are one of God's gifts to mankind.

Q[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I make them a couple dozen at a time. Pickle a dozen and just eat the others hard boiled. Eat a few every day.
Easy to make in the air fryer!
I often carry a couple hard boileds in my hunting pack...with a small salt shaker, of course.
Originally Posted by basdjs

I'll be dipped - never tried that.

Do they ever blow up in the fryer?
I love them. Keep them in the fridge as snacks for the kids.

Ever heard of sh*t on a shingle? Make white gravy and slice boiled egg whites into it. Serve over toast and grate yokes on top. (Eggs of the Golden Rod). Kids love it - one of my favorite meals when I was a young’un.

Pressure cooker (Insta pot) works great too.
Since I've started using it, only ever tore an egg or two.

Know all about old eggs, setting them out.......
F that. 5 min pressure, 5 min cool, dump them in cold water and you
can peel any eggs. Now. Without 2 days dinking around,just using
eggs you bought today.
Another one - Mac and eggs. Slice boiled eggs into cooked (and drained) macarroni with a bit of butter, milk/cream and salt and pepper. Mix it up good. Kids love that one too.
I'd rather eat fresh cat turds than boiled eggs, based on the smell alone.
I do a dozen at a time in the instapot. 5 min cook, 5 min pressure bleed down....perfect eggs!
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Pressure cooker (Insta pot) works great too.
Since I've started using it, only ever tore an egg or two.

Know all about old eggs, setting them out.......
F that. 5 min pressure, 5 min cool, dump them in cold water and you
can peel any eggs. Now. Without 2 days dinking around,just using
eggs you bought today.
I need to get a Pressure Cooker & an Air-Frier.
I'm 'dinking around' with 6 eggs laid out on the countertop right now.

3 X-large eggs/ 3 tables spoon Mayo/ biggish can of chicken or tuna/ diced onions/ garlic powder > Whole Grain Wheat Thins ->yum.

Oh yeah and 2 - 5th of pure grain alcohol to worsh it down.
Man, I love soft boiled eggs, sometimes I throw a little cholula on them. My mouth is watering looking at the yolk slowly dripping out of those eggs. Hell, I’m going to make a few right now.
Throw a boiled egg in a coffee cup. Hold your hand over the top, swirl it around for a few second and they peel super easy. I love hard boiled eggs. Those around me don't seem to enjoy the "flavor" near as much as I do.
I guess I'm charmed in some way, or have just
been extremely lucky
I've never had the difficulty many have boiling
eggs and peeling them afterwards.
I just boil in a regular saucepan in plain water
and peel them when I get ready to eat one or
use as an ingredient in a dish
I like a good picked egg or four, but never found
a satisfactory recipe to my liking. Never had the
poisonous vapor aftereffects from those either
like so many have
Been eating more shired eggs lately
Eat hard boiled eggs in my salad all the time.
one can cooked spinach (like popeye used to eat). drain well.
add one boiled egg chopped. add 1-2 tbsp of Best Foods Mayo if in the west, Hellmans? in the east.

mix well. goes with steak or ribs or anything good...
my kids called it cow cud salad.
my mom found out we would eat spinach that way..
If one is looking for more than one way to skin a cat. Boiled eggs are close to food perfection.
We do it very often.
I too use the Instapot to boil eggs. Easy to peel. I boiled some yesterday. used some for pickles.
Jameister: ditto on the Popeye’s spinach. I have also used frozen box spinach with Lipton Onion Soup Mix mixed in with a dollop of sour cream mixed in. Bake and serve with sliced hard boiled egg. The sliced hard boiled egg is also good with asparagus. All are good side dishes with seafood or catfish. My wife loves the hard boiled egg on salads and we make deviled eggs too. A must for potato salad and pasta salad with a little dill or sweet pickle relish added to mayo and yellow mustard mixture.
Boiled eggs are called protein pounders at our house. When the kids were playing sports, we went through flats of eggs, like chit through a goose.
I’m considered a pre diabetic so I try cutting carbs wherever I can. I have three boiled eggs and either bacon or sausage for my breakfast at work. Easy to make and filling. Still have mad cravings for anything sweet though.
My wife makes them all the time. Great snacks. I like them with salt, pepper and dipped in Tabasco...slurp!
doing it right now, going to make deviled eggs
I eat 3 or 4 every morning for breakfast. They are a great high protein way to start the day. We have 16 hens, and even during moulting season we get enough eggs. The problem is, they have super tough shells, with a thick membrane between the shell and the white. This makes some of them almost impossible to peel.
I got my wife an Instapot for Christmas. We will have to try it for eggs. Any tips?
We eat a bunch of them around here. We raise a new batch of hens every summer so we always have plenty of eggs. The trick to easy peel eggs is used cold refrigerated eggs and drop them straight in to the boiling water. Do not put them in a pot of cold water so they slowly heat up to a boil or they will tear apart every time.
have eggs for salad or deviled eggs most every day.

We use a Express Egg Cooker just add a little water and eggs and its done in minutes!
I steam them; 15-16 minutes, let sit for another minute, then put the steamer basket in a bowl of cold water and run the tap over them until they cool down. That time is for Jumbo eggs (which are getting LESS Jumbo in Biden’s Build Back Better economy).
Originally Posted by jameister
one can cooked spinach (like popeye used to eat). drain well.
add one boiled egg chopped. add 1-2 tbsp of Best Foods Mayo if in the west, Duke’s? in the east.

mix well. goes with steak or ribs or anything good...
my kids called it cow cud salad.
my mom found out we would eat spinach that way..

Fixed it.
Originally Posted by Hardwoodmaterials
We eat a bunch of them around here. We raise a new batch of hens every summer so we always have plenty of eggs. The trick to easy peel eggs is used cold refrigerated eggs and drop them straight in to the boiling water. Do not put them in a pot of cold water so they slowly heat up to a boil or they will tear apart every time.

I've had nothing but bad results when dropping cold eggs into boiling water. The eggs usually break open and make a mess in the pan.
Boiled eggs are a staple in my lunchbox. I seldom bring a sandwich anymore because I don't like falling down off the sugar spike from the carbs in the bread.
yum. all good. and nothing better than a couple hard boiled eggsfuming after a couple of beers... makes the outdoors the only place you want to be...
Originally Posted by Slope77

Ever heard of sh*t on a shingle? Make white gravy and slice boiled egg whites into it. Serve over toast and grate yokes on top. (Eggs of the Golden Rod). Kids love it - one of my favorite meals when I was a young’un.

Yoke:

[Linked Image from lewis-clark.org]

Yolk:

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]
Just boiled some. Brother and I used to eat a dozen a day between us...dont eat so many anymore.

Ymmv
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Slope77

Yoke:

[Linked Image from lewis-clark.org]

Yolk:

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

Are you being accurate or precise?
We boil 1 ½ to 2 dozen every 2 weeks or so for snacks or deviled eggs. Our small flock of chickens are young birds so we get a little over 2 dozen a week. That's a lot of eggs for just 2 people.
All the time.
Originally Posted by miguel
I eat 3 or 4 every morning for breakfast. They are a great high protein way to start the day. We have 16 hens, and even during moulting season we get enough eggs. The problem is, they have super tough shells, with a thick membrane between the shell and the white. This makes some of them almost impossible to peel.
I got my wife an Instapot for Christmas. We will have to try it for eggs. Any tips?

I just got 3 dozen farm fresh eggs from a former co-worker, with the idea of boiling and pickling in mind. She said she can't get them to peel worth a darn. Sounds like this could be the ticket.
Leave fresh eggs sit in the fridge for 7 days or so before you boil them. That makes them much easier to peel.
Just watched a video yesterday about boiling eggs. If you slightly crack the bottom of the egg before boiling it lets air in and peeling is a breeze. It worked in the video I watched. Probably a disaster if I tried it.
Originally Posted by miguel

Stack the eggs on the rack.
Maybe a cup of water.
Set it for 5 minute of pressure.
Let it naturally lose pressure for 5 minutes. (The valve might drop sooner.)
dump the eggs straight into a sink of ice cold water. Add some ice if you can.

Easiest, most dependable way I've ever seen to hard boil eggs.
You can do it right now. No need to pecker around letting eggs age, or set on
the counter.

If it's 4 O'clock and you want eggs on tonight's salad, you can cook, peel and cool
them(in ice water) for supper by 5:30.
I get the tap water running hot (it gets pretty hot); put around nine eggs in a medium pan; fill up the pan with hot water—just enough to cover them and cover; set a timer for 6 minutes; put the pan on the gas burner on high; at about 6 – 6-1/2 minutes, it hits a full boil; turn off the burner and let the eggs sit in the unheated pot covered; 12 minutes later, I uncover and put under cold water tap in the sink. They come out perfect for me that way. Not runny, but soft and more-flavorful than really hard-boiled eggs. If you want them softer, decrease the 12-minute part.
Originally Posted by 160user
Throw a boiled egg in a coffee cup. Hold your hand over the top, swirl it around for a few second and they peel super easy. I love hard boiled eggs. Those around me don't seem to enjoy the "flavor" near as much as I do.

I just did a dozen eggs in the instapot for some pickled eggs.

Your peeling idea is awesome. It works slicker'en goose grease!

Thanks for posting that!
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I steam them; 15-16 minutes, let sit for another minute, then put the steamer basket in a bowl of cold water and run the tap over them until they cool down. That time is for Jumbo eggs (which are getting LESS Jumbo in Biden’s Build Back Better economy).

This is what I do. They peel really easily
We get 11 eggs a day, at least, from our 12 hens, I think I've ate eggs every way possible. I like egg salad sandwiches the best I guess with boiled eggs. The Ramen egg pic on the first page of this thread looks kind of interesting though...
Every couple months I pick up a half dozen eggs, put them in the fridge and eventually hard boil them all at once for pickling and an occasional egg salad sandwich. Earlier in this thread it was mentioned to leave them in the refrigerator for a week. Mine might sit there for as long as a week before I get around to boiling them, but not always. Gonna start putting the date on the egg package and boiling them a week later to see how it goes. Sometimes they get boiled right away, or as much as a week and a half later. Time to experiment with that theory.
I would rather bake them than boil them.
thirty minutes @ 350 degrees.
Originally Posted by FatCity67

FatCity67,
How do you cook this ?
It looks good.
Originally Posted by Scotty
I too use the Instapot to boil eggs. Easy to peel. I boiled some yesterday. used some for pickles.
Is there a setting or do you dial in a temp and time. I want to try this.
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by FatCity67

FatCity67,
How do you cook this ?
It looks good.

Brother my hand would turn purple and fall off typing that much. Lots of great Ramen recipes on the web. Get to it, it's gooood.
10-4
© 24hourcampfire