-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
one can cooked spinach (like popeye used to eat). drain well.
add one boiled egg chopped. add 1-2 tbsp of Best Foods Mayo if in the west, Hellmans? in the east.

mix well. goes with steak or ribs or anything good...
my kids called it cow cud salad.
my mom found out we would eat spinach that way..

"Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or misunderstanding."

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
If one is looking for more than one way to skin a cat. Boiled eggs are close to food perfection.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
We do it very often.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I too use the Instapot to boil eggs. Easy to peel. I boiled some yesterday. used some for pickles.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Jameister: ditto on the Popeye’s spinach. I have also used frozen box spinach with Lipton Onion Soup Mix mixed in with a dollop of sour cream mixed in. Bake and serve with sliced hard boiled egg. The sliced hard boiled egg is also good with asparagus. All are good side dishes with seafood or catfish. My wife loves the hard boiled egg on salads and we make deviled eggs too. A must for potato salad and pasta salad with a little dill or sweet pickle relish added to mayo and yellow mustard mixture.

IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Boiled eggs are called protein pounders at our house. When the kids were playing sports, we went through flats of eggs, like chit through a goose.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I’m considered a pre diabetic so I try cutting carbs wherever I can. I have three boiled eggs and either bacon or sausage for my breakfast at work. Easy to make and filling. Still have mad cravings for anything sweet though.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
My wife makes them all the time. Great snacks. I like them with salt, pepper and dipped in Tabasco...slurp!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
doing it right now, going to make deviled eggs

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I eat 3 or 4 every morning for breakfast. They are a great high protein way to start the day. We have 16 hens, and even during moulting season we get enough eggs. The problem is, they have super tough shells, with a thick membrane between the shell and the white. This makes some of them almost impossible to peel.
I got my wife an Instapot for Christmas. We will have to try it for eggs. Any tips?

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
We eat a bunch of them around here. We raise a new batch of hens every summer so we always have plenty of eggs. The trick to easy peel eggs is used cold refrigerated eggs and drop them straight in to the boiling water. Do not put them in a pot of cold water so they slowly heat up to a boil or they will tear apart every time.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
have eggs for salad or deviled eggs most every day.

We use a Express Egg Cooker just add a little water and eggs and its done in minutes!

Ted
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I steam them; 15-16 minutes, let sit for another minute, then put the steamer basket in a bowl of cold water and run the tap over them until they cool down. That time is for Jumbo eggs (which are getting LESS Jumbo in Biden’s Build Back Better economy).

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jameister
one can cooked spinach (like popeye used to eat). drain well.
add one boiled egg chopped. add 1-2 tbsp of Best Foods Mayo if in the west, Duke’s? in the east.

mix well. goes with steak or ribs or anything good...
my kids called it cow cud salad.
my mom found out we would eat spinach that way..

Fixed it.

What fresh Hell is this?
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Hardwoodmaterials
We eat a bunch of them around here. We raise a new batch of hens every summer so we always have plenty of eggs. The trick to easy peel eggs is used cold refrigerated eggs and drop them straight in to the boiling water. Do not put them in a pot of cold water so they slowly heat up to a boil or they will tear apart every time.

I've had nothing but bad results when dropping cold eggs into boiling water. The eggs usually break open and make a mess in the pan.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Boiled eggs are a staple in my lunchbox. I seldom bring a sandwich anymore because I don't like falling down off the sugar spike from the carbs in the bread.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
yum. all good. and nothing better than a couple hard boiled eggsfuming after a couple of beers... makes the outdoors the only place you want to be...

"Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or misunderstanding."
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Slope77
I love them. Keep them in the fridge as snacks for the kids.

Ever heard of sh*t on a shingle? Make white gravy and slice boiled egg whites into it. Serve over toast and grate yokes on top. (Eggs of the Golden Rod). Kids love it - one of my favorite meals when I was a young’un.

Yoke:

[Linked Image from lewis-clark.org]

Yolk:

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Just boiled some. Brother and I used to eat a dozen a day between us...dont eat so many anymore.

Ymmv

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Slope77
I love them. Keep them in the fridge as snacks for the kids.

Ever heard of sh*t on a shingle? Make white gravy and slice boiled egg whites into it. Serve over toast and grate yokes on top. (Eggs of the Golden Rod). Kids love it - one of my favorite meals when I was a young’un.

Yoke:

[Linked Image from lewis-clark.org]

Yolk:

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

Are you being accurate or precise?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

339 members (160user, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 29 invisible), 1,967 guests, and 1,088 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,486,026
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.