Home
Posted By: johnw Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
I doubt if the perfect movie has ever been made.

This one comes close. And, save Graham Greene, not an actor/actress in it that I ever heard of before I saw it.

Think tonight was likely my 5th time watching it. I don't care about anyone connected with it, their politics or whatever. It is a well crafted film
Posted By: lotech Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
What made it come close to being the perfect movie?

I thought it was a decent film and certainly worth watching once, but was not anything memorable.
Posted By: ribka Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
Originally Posted by johnw

This one comes close. And, save Graham Greene, not an actor/actress in it that I ever heard of before I saw it.

Think tonight was likely my 5th time watching it. I don't care about anyone connected with it, their politics or whatever. It is a well crafted film

So white males are raping and killing Native women on reservations now all across the US? How do you know this to be true?

I guess if you never stepped on an Indian Rez out west you would believe anything Hollywood put out

Ok movie but a lot of nonsense propaganda
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
Please run all movie reviews by ribka before posting.
He is an expert on everything and will be happy set you straight.
Posted By: johnw Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
It's a movie Ribka.

It would have been a fun night at the drive in, with you in the car when we saw Jaws...
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
I particularly enjoyed Jeremy Renner's .45-70 blowing people all the way across the trailer.

It is up again on Netflix or Prime right now. I forget which.
Posted By: Ben_Lurkin Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I particularly enjoyed Jeremy Renner's .45-70 blowing people all the way across the trailer.

It is up again on Netflix or Prime right now. I forget which.

Yep. Any movie with a 45-70 is going to be a good one. You Yellerstone fans should enjoy it. Taylor Sheridan was the director.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
You have to see “Once Upon A Time In Hollywood” it is better, but Wind River did make me appreciate Jeremy Renner a whole lot more…
Posted By: troublesome82 Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
I thought is was a really good movie...
Posted By: Gooch_McGrundle Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
Originally Posted by ribka

So white males are raping and killing Native women on reservations now all across the US? How do you know this to be true?

I guess if you never stepped on an Indian Rez out west you would believe anything Hollywood put out

In my experience investigating crimes that spill off the rez, it’s other natives (quite often family members of tribal councils if not the council members themselves) that do some messed up stuff to the females.
It's a movie Ribka.

It would have been a fun night at the drive in, with you in the car when we saw Jaws...

Jaws was based on an actual well documented historic incident that interested Spielberg. unlike this movie

Did you end up getting rid of your old dog because it was inconvenient? You said you were
No Kidding. I’ve worked on rezs and that has always been the case in missing females Of course rampant meth crack and heroin addiction on western reservations has no impact on violent crimes, I grew up playing on a Chippewa Rez

Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle

In my experience investigating crimes that spill off the rez, it’s other natives (quite often family members of tribal councils if not the council members themselves) that do some messed up stuff to the females.
Originally Posted by NVhntr

White male oilfield workers are responsible for missing , raping native women on western Indian reservations. That’s what this movie portrayed

I worked this 8 years https://www.thevanished.org/

Can you post some evidence of this
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
Wind River is also one of the few movies with a reloading scene
Posted By: Ramdiesel Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23

Wind River is good, but if you want to see an even better Taylor Sheridan flick watch "Hell or High Water" or "Sicario"...
It's a movie Ribka.

You posted earlier on here that you had an older friendly dog and wanted to
Kill it because of a divorce and inconvenience

I have a hard time taking you seriously because of this. Dislike cowards who abuse dogs

How’s your dog now?
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
The movie sucks..............

Fake-ass holywood BS

oh but there's uh 45-70
ohh an there's hot chick
yeah anna snowmobile

I remember now your dog was a nice beagle

Did you end up killing it? You said you wanted to
Posted By: supercrewd Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
I enjoyed it. Some PC crap as is everything. Technically it was contracted security that raped the young lady. Some good shootouts, rugged men, nice scenery, and Mary Kate and Ashley’s sister did a great job. Jeremy Renner was great as usual even if he over trimmed his brass. Reasonable coverage of addiction on the Rez. Some familiar faces from Taylor Sheridan.
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
I've watched it twice now and will see it a third time at some point. I do remember thinking he was over trimming his 45-70 brass though grin

I remember now your dog was a nice beagle

Did you end up killing it? You said you wanted to

If you wanna quote me, it's easy enough. No need to twist words and lie.

I posted because I was happy to find an alternative to putting her down. I believe what I said was that I could put her down, if I had to, but it would kill my soul to do it.

At he time I was under court order to vacate my home due to a divorce court petition. I was, and am unable to buy another home due to the divorce still being pending and any real estate purchases being subject to sale and division by the court. The petition ordering me to vacate was reversed and the immediate requirement to relocate was negated. She is living with friends who have children and seems to be adjusted well.
I saw her every week until my surgery. Look forward to seeing her again...
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle

wait, so the Lefts image of the "noble injun" is not true, my god man
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
I like big bore guns... always have.
Posted By: viking Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
It was entertainment fellas……
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
A well crafted movie.

Gotta “suspend disbelief” (a term I learned long ago in a college drama class) a few times, but a good movie.
Posted By: poboy Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
I'll put the ROKU on that SOB.
Posted By: org_Rogue_Hunter Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
Pretty bland movie.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
A well crafted movie.

Gotta “suspend disbelief” (a term I learned long ago in a college drama class) a few times, but a good movie.

Beyond the 45-70 throwing bodies around like confetti, the standoff between the security guys and LE stretched belief. And I suppose it could happen, but it would have ended with bodies on the ground right then and there.

Sometimes the plot takes priority over reality. (Ratchet that tension up a hair)
Sometimes the plot takes priority over reality. (Ratchet that tension up a hair)

The most egregious part to me was when this rookie FBI Agent gets in an intense shootout, ostensibly her first, and everything doesn’t come to an immediate stop while FBI Headquarters are consulted and an outside investigation ensues.
Posted By: PJGunner Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
It's a movie Ribka.

Jaws was based on an actual well documented historic incident that interested Spielberg. unlike this movie

Did you end up getting rid of your old dog because it was inconvenient? You said you were

There is a movie made in Canada I believe called, "12 Days of Terror" which tells the story that Jaws is based on. I also have a book that covers that incident titled, "Shark Attack" by H. David Baldridge that has a fairly detailed account of that incident. The movie follows the happenings fairly well a to what happened to the victims based on what is in the book.
PJ
Posted By: drover Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23

This ^^^^ it is a movie that's all.

drover
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
You guys will argue about anything.
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23

Agreed. But the burn barrel in the meth trailer was pretty close to reality.
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
Seen it again for the fourth time on Prime last night. Couple months from now, I'll probably watch it again.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

No we won’t you fuggin’ moron.
Posted By: BeanMan Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
And the skinny non-indian chick who plays indian chicks. She’s in Yellowstone too.
Posted By: 257Bob Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
Originally Posted by shrapnel
You have to see “Once Upon A Time In Hollywood” it is better, but Wind River did make me appreciate Jeremy Renner a whole lot more…
Agreed re "Hollywood"
Posted By: 257Bob Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
It's a movie Ribka.

You posted earlier on here that you had an older friendly dog and wanted to
Kill it because of a divorce and inconvenience

I have a hard time taking you seriously because of this. Dislike cowards who abuse dogs

How’s your dog now?
+1
Posted By: troublesome82 Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
Originally Posted by BeanMan
And the skinny non-indian chick who plays indian chicks. She’s in Yellowstone too.

She's still hot though!
Posted By: las Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23

smile
Posted By: BeanMan Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
Originally Posted by troublesome82
Originally Posted by BeanMan

She's still hot though!

She is
Posted By: Jerry_Lundegaard Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
Didn't he run over himself with his snow cat? Lucky to be alive.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
Originally Posted by Jerry_Lundegaard
Didn't he run over himself with his snow cat? Lucky to be alive.
Yes. Some say he nearly emasculated himself under the snow cat tracks. Who knows, he is lucky for sure, that was a bad accident.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23

grin
Posted By: shootbrownelk Re: Wind River Movie - 06/13/23
Originally Posted by troublesome82
I thought is was a really good movie...
It's supposedly based on a true story. Them out of control oil patch workers again.
Posted By: poboy Re: Wind River Movie - 06/14/23
I just watched it after you guys' reviews.
I liked it.
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Wind River Movie - 06/14/23
Originally Posted by NVhntr

White male oilfield workers are responsible for missing , raping native women on western Indian reservations. That’s what this movie portrayed

I worked this 8 years https://www.thevanished.org/

Can you post some evidence of this

you should have worked some of this:

https://helenair.com/lester-van-wat...554cd6c-59b1-11e2-a4a1-0019bb2963f4.html

https://www.twincities.com/2019/02/18/as-north-dakotas-oil-patch-surged-so-did-violent-crime/

https://www.hartenergy.com/exclusives/amid-slowdown-bakken-drug-arrests-violence-continue-27632

https://www.ojp.gov/pdffiles1/nij/249822.pdf
Posted By: softailrider Re: Wind River Movie - 06/14/23
Originally Posted by shrapnel

I agree, he was great in that movie. It was a really good movie, one of the best I've seen in the last 10 years or so.
Posted By: hatari Re: Wind River Movie - 06/14/23

Watched it with Jorge and Pugs. Gotta say, that is one disturbing movie, mostly because it was based on assorted real incidents, and you can see this happening. Hard to sleep after watching that one.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Wind River Movie - 06/14/23
Did not see the front end, but found the latter 2/3rds quite engaging. Given its low budget and lack of Hollywood flash, I thought it was a good show.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Wind River Movie - 06/14/23
There are some movies that bear watching over again when you’re sitting around with friends and/or family watching cable. The ones you’ll click on to watch while you’re scrolling through the rectangles.

ie.
Jeremiah Johnson
Open Range
Last of the Mohicans
Ride with the Devil
Lonesome Dove
3:10 to Yuma
Gladiator
Sicario I and II
etc……

Wind River is on this list.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Wind River Movie - 06/14/23

Think tonight was likely my 5th time watching it. I don't care about anyone connected with it, their politics…

The thing I appreciate about Graham Greene is AFAIK he never went all Radical after he got famous from DWW.

His bravura performance tho was in “Clearcut”, his own favorite role. He plays Arthur, a guy who may or may not be a vengeful water spirit. A major departure from his usual roles. Mediocre to average movie, but they could have filmed a whole series around Arthur.

[Linked Image from ]
Posted By: minengr Re: Wind River Movie - 06/14/23
I've seen it a few times. Better than most crap coming out of Hollyweird, but that isn't saying much.

If you want to see the extended version watch Season 4 of Longmire. Very similar story.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Wind River Movie - 06/14/23
Another movie I enjoyed was Hostiles.

Christian Bale did a good job, as did others in the movie.

Posted By: troublesome82 Re: Wind River Movie - 06/14/23
Greene played a really good bad guy in Longmire!
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Wind River Movie - 06/14/23
The vistas of scenery was awesome.

The actual hunting was good

The Indian sherif was very cool

But not crimping a tube fed 45/70 into a cannulure?

That dog 🐶 won’t hunt!
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Wind River Movie - 06/14/23
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

This was a good one.

I liked Wind River, liked Hostiles more better.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Wind River Movie - 06/14/23
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

This was a good one.

I liked Wind River, liked Hostiles more better.

Same here.

Better plot, more action, etc. Just plain better movie.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Wind River Movie - 06/14/23
Johnw: I liked it and gave it an 87 on the 100 scale.
But, to me, it was not near perfect - but I do go out of my way to watch it whenever it comes around.
Love the "Winds" - gonna pass through them again this fall.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Wind River Movie - 06/14/23
As long as this thread has aleady been derailed, This is another "Better than" movie...

Posted By: ol_mike Re: Wind River Movie - 06/14/23
I'll have to give Hostiles a look.

No Country For Old Men, -->> Great movie indeed.

Longmire SUCKS !!!!!!!!
© 24hourcampfire