Home
Posted By: 79S Mormon or Latter Day Saints? - 09/12/23
So those young men with white shirts showed up at the house yesterday. Mormons is what we call them, but when I said that they said Latter Day Saints. So for all the 24hour religious folks out there which one is it? Mormons? Or Latter Day Saints?
Posted By: Steve Re: Mormon or Latter Day Saints? - 09/12/23
We just call them the neighbors.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Mormon or Latter Day Saints? - 09/12/23
Mormon Church of the Latter Day Saints. Rio7
Posted By: 79S Re: Mormon or Latter Day Saints? - 09/12/23
Originally Posted by Steve

Not pards?
Too cliquish for that.

(not really)
Why do they schit blonde?
After working for them at my former job to me they are the Latter Day Satanists
Posted By: Etoh Re: Mormon or Latter Day Saints? - 09/12/23
they're called "confused"
They recently changed their official name to LDS. They're still Mormons no matter what they call themselves.
Officially, it is "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" and their doctrine is "The Book of Mormon". Unofficially, they can be called LDS or Mormons.

We're not, but we have friends and neighbors who are. They're mostly good folks, just like anywhere else.
have some fun with it. Invite them in- saying you have some questions about all this.
Ask them why no wheels are found in the new world, but mentioned many times in the Book of Him. (ask them why no swords have been found also) and watch the nervous dial up.

ask them why BYU has one of the biggest and best genetic laboratories in the world?

but still can't find the genetic link between the peoples that were in the new world and the folks that came over on the submarine using the Mormon compass.

Then when they say they must consult with their advisor, laugh really hard .. and apologize by offering them a beer.
Mormons.
Church of LSD
Originally Posted by Etoh
have some fun with it. Invite them in- saying you have some questions about all this.
Ask them why no wheels are found in the new world, but mentioned many times in the Book of Him. (ask them why no swords have been found also) and watch the nervous dial up.

ask them why BYU has one of the biggest and best genetic laboratories in the world?

but still can't find the genetic link between the peoples that were in the new world and the folks that came over on the submarine using the Mormon compass.

Then when they say they must consult with their advisor, laugh really hard .. and apologize by offering them a beer.

Sounds like you been studying this for awhile??
They’re all pards where I come from.

Their book also mentions elephants in central America.
TLDW? It's all made-up.

Humans,

with a right to believe as they choose.
You ain't fooling no body....
I've had some good Mormon/LDS friends in my long life.

Some Jacks, some true believers.

Matters not to me.
There was an apt complex back in April this year, they had sawed down several red oaks along the highway frontage. Sawed up into the rounds, most of it was 24-30” diameter. Very heavy. All of the smaller sized stuff had been scavenged by others.

Myself and mrs slulmord rolled in there with a 16 ft trailer and were getting those rounds. Mostly her doing all of the work.

Two Mormon boys (college age) were canvassing that apt complex and came straight over to us and asked if we would like some help. Sure!! They took over, fell right in there and were loading up some of the heavier 100-150lb rounds. In 10 mins they had about 25 rounds loaded up. 😳🤙😱😎

Gave me a picture of Jesus, keep on the dash of my f250. They showed up like out of nowhere and boy did we really need some help. I’m grateful to em.
Originally Posted by Raferman
Why do they schit blonde?

How would you know this??
They’re “Normans” according to Archie Bunker.
Them folks are like that, but I thought TN had closed their borders to the Mormon types and banished the ones that were there already to somewhere Out West.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Them folks are like that, but I thought TN had closed their borders to the Mormon types and banished the ones that were there already to somewhere Out West.
Just smoke yall dope out there and don’t mind what Tennessee is durn
Originally Posted by slumlord
Shall I have a grower friend send you a care package?
There was an apt complex back in April this year, they had sawed down several red oaks along the highway frontage. Sawed up into the rounds, most of it was 24-30” diameter. Very heavy. All of the smaller sized stuff had been scavenged by others.

Myself and mrs slulmord rolled in there with a 16 ft trailer and were getting those rounds. Mostly her doing all of the work.

Two Mormon boys (college age) were canvassing that apt complex and came straight over to us and asked if we would like some help. Sure!! They took over, fell right in there and were loading up some of the heavier 100-150lb rounds. In 10 mins they had about 25 rounds loaded up. 😳🤙😱😎

Gave me a picture of Jesus, keep on the dash of my f250. They showed up like out of nowhere and boy did we really need some help. I’m grateful to em.

Pard.

Those sound like some great pards, pard.
They are good folks as any better than many. Wshtf they will be the last to stand in a handout line if they ever do. They are the original preppers..mb

Matters not to me.

Yep.

All pards.

Even the black ones.
Originally Posted by deflave

Matters not to me.

Yep.

All pards.

Even the black ones.
Especially the black ones.

You want I should get one of them care packages sent to FL or do y'all grow enough of your own down there?

Send me a text 😵‍💫

I’m not wabigoon. Don’t send me none of that fugkin Stadium Mustard.
lol

Send me a text 😵‍💫

I’m not wabigoon. Don’t send me none of that fugkin Stadium Mustard.
lol

When the orange and lemon crops come in, I'll shoot you a text to let ya know it's on the way. Covers up the skunk smell some.

Matters not to me.

Yep.

All pards.

Even the black ones.
Seems black ones are a later rendition, not so much the case in the early days.

They’re a hard working, moral, works centered group. Reportedly Howard Hughes would only trust Mormons to handle his money. Can’t say the same for some Baptists, etc.

In some ways there’re a cult, Book of Mormon reportedly has flaws.

Overall they seem to be good citizens, not for me to judge.

DF
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Matters not to me.

Yep.

All pards.

Even the black ones.

They’re a hard working, moral, works centered group. Reportedly Howard Hughes would only trust Mormons to handle his money. Can’t say the same for some Baptists, etc.

DF

Well, Christians believe in tablets we've never seen also.

Let's just say the further they are away from Utah, the less they are the Morman's people speak highly of. I know my fair share. The Mormans I know always have their hand outs asking for money and won't except responsibility for their actions.
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Matters not to me.

Yep.

All pards.

Even the black ones.

DF

Robert Maheu
Seems I read once where the Jahovies were gaining Black members at a higher rate than any other religion.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Seems I read once where the Jahovies were gaining Black members at a higher rate than any other religion.

Wooo…so they can start having som ribbs at th biznuss meetins
have some fun with it. and apologize by offering them a beer.

If there had only been one of them, he’d have taken your beer.

Just spent 5 days fishing in Idaho with one from Utah. Each morning had to stop on the Idaho side of the border so he could buy the “good” beer.
In Genesis, the Bible says that a mark was put on Cain's forehead marking him as cursed for murdering his brother. Joseph Smith said that the mark was a black skin and all blacks are cursed because of it. They were shut out of Mormanism for well over 100 years. Then things changed. The Mormons were trying to expand their ministry into Africa and not having much luck because all of their would be converts were black and cursed. At the same time, the Mormon college BYU was trying hard to break into the top 20 in football. Their head coach, Lavell Edwards, said over and over that he couldn't recruit black players because they were ostracized by the church. They wouldn't play where they were shut out of society. So, the Mormon leaders went into hiding and came back out saying that God had changed his mind and now blacks were to be fully accepted. Their ministry in Africa started to grow and within a couple years, BYU, with new black players, hit the top 20. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you can tell God what to do.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
In Genesis, the Bible says that a mark was put on Cain's forehead marking him as cursed for murdering his brother. Joseph Smith said that the mark was a black skin and all blacks are cursed because of it. They were shut out of Mormanism for well over 100 years. Then things changed. The Mormons were trying to expand their ministry into Africa and not having much luck because all of their would be converts were black and cursed. At the same time, the Mormon college BYU was trying hard to break into the top 20 in football. Their head coach, Lavell Edwards, said over and over that he couldn't recruit black players because they were ostracized by the church. They wouldn't play where they were shut out of society. So, the Mormon leaders went into hiding and came back out saying that God had changed his mind and now blacks were to be fully accepted. Their ministry in Africa started to grow and within a couple years, BYU, with new black players, hit the top 20. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you can tell God what to do.

God loves a winning season!
They are accepting the alphabet community too now

Gotta keep that money flowing in
Posted By: Dutch Re: Mormon or Latter Day Saints? - 09/12/23
“Jack Latter Day Saint” doesn’t sound right.
I was once one of those young men in a shirt and tie for two years in Michigan. Give them courtesy, let them share the message, ponder it, and ultimately you decide if you want to hear more.

The church has always been called The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Mormon's became a nickname due to The Book of Mormon, which is another testament of Jesus Christ. The church has pushed to not use the term Mormon, because of the confusion it has caused among non-members. Many, not of the faith, never even realized that we are a Christian faith. But it's always been in the name and belief of the church.
Originally Posted by Tyrone
TLDW? It's all made-up.

That was a good one,thanks for posting.
Tell em you know Brigham young....
It's just another religion founded by some guy who wanted to be able to screw a bunch of women, and if you wanted to do the same, you had to pay him 10% of your earnings to get the membership card. It's no better or worse than any other scam built on fiction and called religion. I've lived among Baptists who were more overbearing, Jews who had an even tighter clique, and Seventh Day Adventists with even kookier doctrine.

My Mormon neighbors don't drink coffee or alcohol, but they don't try to tell me I shouldn't.

Your story warms my heart Pard.
I was playing catch with our son one day when 2 young men from the Mormon church came by. They were nice, polite, all American looking young men. We invited them to play catch and they were happy to accept the invitation. We threw the ball around for 45+ minutes and talked about all kinds of stuff including our religious beliefs.

While they didn’t get a convert with me they did earn a lot of my respect. They were excellent ambassadors for their faith and were the type of young men that were the obvious products of good raising….the type of young men that this country could use more of.
You will not find a preponderance of single mothers with seven baby daddies among the Morman Church. Nor a preponderance of welfare recipients, let alone generational welfare as a way of life. Divorce rate is fairly low. They generally live a fairly healthy lifestyle. Life expectancy is fairly high. As a rule they pay extreme attention to the care and proper education of their youth.

Much of America would do well to emulate many of the practices of the Morman Church.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Mormon or Latter Day Saints? - 09/12/23
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
You will not find a preponderance of single mothers with seven baby daddies among the Morman Church. Nor a preponderance of welfare recipients, let alone generational welfare as a way of life. Divorce rate is fairly low. They generally live a fairly healthy lifestyle. Life expectancy is fairly high. As a rule they pay extreme attention to the care and proper education of their youth.

Much of America would do well to emulate many of the practices of the Morman Church.

In all fairness, they don’t send ALL young men (or, these days, women) on missions. You have to be a member in good standing, have the financial ability to pay for the necessary expenses, and be committed to the faith enough o take a year and a half off to go evangelize.

That leaves out a lot of chaff…….

Fúck that!
Originally Posted by Dutch

In all fairness, they don’t send ALL young men (or, these days, women) on missions. You have to be a member in good standing, have the financial ability to pay for the necessary expenses, and be committed to the faith enough o take a year and a half off to go evangelize.

That leaves out a lot of chaff…….

Guy that recently did our landscaping is LDS. He had two of his sons working with him. One started his mission while working on our place. The other didn't seem like the missionary type. All of them worked hard and did a good job.
About a third of my school classmates were Morman. About 1/4 of my workmates for the last forty years were Morman. (About 1/2 were Hispanic and most of those were Catholic. Though a few of the Hispanics were Morman or JW) One Aunt was Morman, as were her kids, my cousins. My Son had a preponderance of Morman friends in School and was himself babtized in High School.

It is from these groups that I draw my observations.

Yes, the old saw about don't take just one Morman fishing was true for about half the Miorman men in my workplace. But even among those, they had strong family ties. And predominantly raised their children correctly. While sometimes the Dad was "Jack Morman", the Mom maintained the proper family dynamic, took the kids to Church, and cared for their education.

There are always exceptions. I know of one Morman raised female with three kids raised in the Church. She was divorced three times, and was the biggest meth dealer in our small community. She went to prison once for forged checks, but somehow always avoided drug arrests.

But she claimed to be Morman until the day she died, and took advantage of every bit of help The Church continued to offer her. Her pantry was always well stocked. She made frequent trips to "Bishop's Warehouse".
ancestors some of the first Mormons in/and settled Snake River Valley.Built the canal system from Jackson Reservoir
was spoon-fed doctrine daily.

ever heard the saying "more Catholic than the Pope". Well they were more Mormon tha SLCS

Pard.

Those sound like some great pards, pard.

excuse us pre-Boomers, but is pard the same as dude, the same as soul brother?
Originally Posted by Cheesy

Just spent 5 days fishing in Idaho with one from Utah. Each morning had to stop on the Idaho side of the border so he could buy the “good” beer.

Old Idaho saying, "never take a Mormon fishing, They will drink all your beer"
Originally Posted by Gledeasy
I was once one of those young men in a shirt and tie for two years in Michigan. Give them courtesy, let them share the message, ponder it, and ultimately you decide if you want to hear more.

The church has always been called The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Mormon's became a nickname due to The Book of Mormon, which is another testament of Jesus Christ. The church has pushed to not use the term Mormon, because of the confusion it has caused among non-members. Many, not of the faith, never even realized that we are a Christian faith. But it's always been in the name and belief of the church.

My wife and I have discovered the blessings of hosting the LDS missionaries in Carlsbad for a while now. It started with a quick visit with my wife while she was out working in the yard early this past spring. She invited them to come back when I was home and they did so.

They shared the Book of Mormon with us and that began a continuing conversation about Christ that continues today.

We have not converted to the LDS church, never will, and have made that plain to them. Personally, we don't believe that the Book of Mormon is true, but we can agree that Christ is our Savior, that His Life, Death, and Resurrection changed the world, and that the Bible is the inspired Word of God.
They come over at least once a week, most times we feed them, and we discuss the Bible and matters of the Christian faith. For the most part, they are very knowledgeable in the Bible, moreso the New Testament, and are eager to learn more about Christ and share what they have learned about Him.
They are remarkable young men, with a very tough assignment, and every one we have met has a servant's heart.

Think about being 18 years old, shipped off to a strange area, walking or biking a town, talking with complete strangers about a very sensitive and (mostly) private subject while having to bear the sometimes extremely harsh responses of both non-believers and other supposed "Christians". Limited to a very small stipend to live on, forced to wear a uniform and a badge that proclaims them to be "elders", being moved around to different towns several times during their two year mission, working alongside different "companions" on each change of locations, and learning to not take things personally, meeting each person where they are in life.

The body of LDS missionaries in this area has turned over several times since early Spring and we try to keep the continuity going with each new transferee. They are treated like our sons just as we hope that someone would treat our own kids if they were to travel to a strange town on a difficult job.

Ed

Good story but not the way it happened, The Mormons were caught between a Gold plate and a hard spot. Missionaries were converting tons of Latinos, especially Brazilian. All this was before the science of Genetics had reached todays state. Most of the Brazilian had Negroe blood -- which was in direct contradiction to Mormon policy. Ohoh time for a vision. And by the way normal people can't have visions, only official visions count.
Take into context the times in which Joe Smith was preaching. Along the Eyre? canal when people from all over were telling a story about strange places. Think of how much mythology and folklore a young man being raised by his mother could absorb. Throw in a Mummy to show folks around the Missouri area. Throw in a vision or two, and shades of Ancient Aliens, the New World has its own home grown prophet. None of that European, you said, they said, he said stuff.
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by Gledeasy

My wife and I have discovered the blessings of hosting the LDS missionaries in Carlsbad for a while now. It started with a quick visit with my wife while she was out working in the yard early this past spring. She invited them to come back when I was home and they did so.

They shared the Book of Mormon with us and that began a continuing conversation about Christ that continues today.

We have not converted to the LDS church, never will, and have made that plain to them. Personally, we don't believe that the Book of Mormon is true, but we can agree that Christ is our Savior, that His Life, Death, and Resurrection changed the world, and that the Bible is the inspired Word of God.
They come over at least once a week, most times we feed them, and we discuss the Bible and matters of the Christian faith. For the most part, they are very knowledgeable in the Bible, moreso the New Testament, and are eager to learn more about Christ and share what they have learned about Him.
They are remarkable young men, with a very tough assignment, and every one we have met has a servant's heart.

Think about being 18 years old, shipped off to a strange area, walking or biking a town, talking with complete strangers about a very sensitive and (mostly) private subject while having to bear the sometimes extremely harsh responses of both non-believers and other supposed "Christians". Limited to a very small stipend to live on, forced to wear a uniform and a badge that proclaims them to be "elders", being moved around to different towns several times during their two year mission, working alongside different "companions" on each change of locations, and learning to not take things personally, meeting each person where they are in life.

The body of LDS missionaries in this area has turned over several times since early Spring and we try to keep the continuity going with each new transferee. They are treated like our sons just as we hope that someone would treat our own kids if they were to travel to a strange town on a difficult job.

Ed

Thank you for doing that.

I have always treated missionaries with respect no matter what their faith was. The world would be a better place if we all did that.
They received a message from Macaroni after licking a Colorado River toad.

I actually have Original Manuscripts and other papers from Joseph Smith that have been handed down through the family. They were accumulated because I had one ancestor female that married into the group and her mother hated the group with a passion as her father was an Episcopal minister. The papers show absolutely without question the whole thing was made up.
Joe Smith, Macoroni, and the whole Book of Morman and the secret stuff held by the inner circle is complete Bovine Scat.

Why my family hasn’t released them yet, I just ain’t sure.
Man, hasn't been a Mormon bashing thread in what, at least six months?
As a side note, the family actually has George Washington’s wooden and steel ice skates that should be turned over to a museum.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Man, hasn't been a Mormon bashing thread in what, at least six months?

Its not bashing, its just another figment of imagination like Jag and K22’s threads
Originally Posted by Steve

Good one.
I think this area is district 9????
Dunno.

Anyways about 10 or 11 yrs they had 18 19 yr old teen girls knocking on doors around here.
One of them was Barbie Benton attractive.

I spent some time telling them it ain't very smart of their church to be doing this.
Actually had to explain what could happen in various scenarios.

Ain't seen young ladies out canvassing neighborhoods since.

Pretty dumb sending attractive young females out like that.

We have plenty of unsolved murders in this area dating back a long time involving young females...

I hope the Mormons ain't doing this schit anymore.
It struck me a very unusual and being done for eyecandy appeal for Benjamin's thru membership in their church.

Worlds worst Mormon.
My room dog in Germany Sgt David R.
Drinking , smoking, womanizer extraordinaire.
🤣

Worlds most aloof inept Mormon.
Major H whom I carried the load for at APSU ROTC as S3 for 3 yrs.
Doing his Job and my job so we wouldn't fail.
Also a champ Buffalo hunter at some res up in Montana.
They pointed out Tatanka in the pen he paid for and he whacked it 20 yds away.
His hunting story....
🤦‍♂️🥴🤦‍♂️
They just finished up building themselves a new Tempel in our town.

I talked to one young person who was from, The Later Day Saints. He told me, he felt the name "Mormon" was a slang name for the Later Day Saints.

I had to edit: Spelling error.
Pards,

We are all pards.

Stop behaving un-pard like.
They call themselves, LDS.
Jehova,s witness types???
Oh fugg no.
They get no traction when they knock on homies door.

Been years .....

You don't do christmas...
Take your 144,000 or however many of you are going to your heaven and get off my property.
Spread the word, you azzclowns ain't welcome here.

Judgmental insulated society cult like fuuuks.
Dysfunctional fuuks in the normal world.
Go eat your Christian chicken at chikFILa also...
ChikFILa suuks azz too....
Fuuiking woke company posers....

One of their jehovah,s places up the road on the bypass about 1.5 miles away.

Buncha retard drivers pulling into that place at times fuuuking up traffic...

It is easy to hate jehovahs almost as much as muslims..IMO.....
Originally Posted by 79S
So those young men with white shirts showed up at the house yesterday. Mormons is what we call them, but when I said that they said Latter Day Saints. So for all the 24hour religious folks out there which one is it? Mormons? Or Latter Day Saints?

Pard,

Ask them about spaceships and personal planets and your be labeled a hateful bigot.

You will find a lot of self righteous pieces of shidt who can’t and don’t perform in some job categories.

Some are absolutely great dudes. Most are not.

Divorce rate is low, but banging side chicks? They are almost as bad as Mexicans.

In my experience.

If I ever found myself in need I would hope there were some Mormons close by. They pride themselves in helping others; many times the first to show up to assist at a disaster.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
They call themselves, LDS.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Posted By: Teal Re: Mormon or Latter Day Saints? - 09/13/23
Don't really see them in my area. Used to work for some 7th Day Adventists - but I think that's something different.

Only once do I remember them showing up and handing me The Watchtower. Truck idling in the driveway, trailer hooked up, I'm cinching down the very last strap for the sled. Obvious I'm all of 20 seconds from leaving - they wanted to talk. I was polite and all but man - read the room. Even if I was interested, time and place buddy. Wasn't neither.
Originally Posted by Teal
Only once do I remember them showing up and handing me The Watchtower. Truck idling in the driveway, trailer hooked up, I'm cinching down the very last strap for the sled. Obvious I'm all of 20 seconds from leaving - they wanted to talk. I was polite and all but man - read the room. Even if I was interested, time and place buddy. Wasn't neither.

Watchtower? Those were JWs.
Posted By: Teal Re: Mormon or Latter Day Saints? - 09/13/23
Originally Posted by Teal

Watchtower? Those were JWs.

Same exact activity, when it comes to mission work.
When I was a kid, we had a Mormon guy near us who was a master bricklayer. He was a brickLAYER, not a brick hauler, a brick picker upper, or any other kind of brick handler. He was very good at laying them, though, and he was in demand for the quality of his work. When you saw him on a job, he always had his wife or one of his kids standing there with him handing him the bricks. He was too important to be seen picking them up himself. Dad kind of knew him. When we'd see him working, Dad would always laugh at the guy's self importance. The fact that he was a Mormon was irrelevant to his self importance but he was known as 'that Mormon bricklayer'.
Originally Posted by NVhntr

If I ever found myself in need I would hope there were some Mormons close by. They pride themselves in helping others; many times the first to show up to assist at a disaster.

Whenever I hear about what good people Mormons are, I recall having read that Utah has a very high number of fraud schemes, Mormons defrauding both other Mormons and Gentiles. I can understand Mormons screwing Gentiles, since Gentiles are less worthy than other Mormons, but screwing other Mormons?
No love for them here. Wife pretty much lost her daughter to them.
Mormon's screwing gentiles?
What I heard from an ex-Mormon is YES, it gets them higher up the Glory Ladder.
Mormons are known for their church policy of storing food. Any good Mormon will have from 6 months to 2 years of food in storage for hard times. The problem is that when the SHTF, everyone knows who they are and where to go for the food. Mormons are good at defending themselves, but they have to know that they'll get hit 1st when things go south. They can't hold off hungry people forever. They say that they help each other but when their Mormon neighbors come to help, those neighbors leave their own home undefended.
Posted By: Etoh Re: Mormon or Latter Day Saints? - 09/13/23
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Whenever I hear about what good people Mormons are, I recall having read that Utah has a very high number of fraud schemes, Mormons defrauding both other Mormons and Gentiles. I can understand Mormons screwing Gentiles, since Gentiles are less worthy than other Mormons, but screwing other Mormons?

Provo Utah is the world center for the Ponzi scheme. What you see on the internet and cell phones is nothing when compared to dollar amts.
Posted By: Etoh Re: Mormon or Latter Day Saints? - 09/13/23
Yes and I sure there will be many Porter Rockwells step out of their ranks, carrying Christian Arms sniper rifles, Robinson ARs and Desert Tech 50s. --- and be just as mean an pissed as any texan.

Why do you supposed all those military bases are in Utah? Because Utah needs the Federal money?..Gov knows all about B. Youngs colonization plan, Porter Rockwell and Mormons generally feeling about liberals, (don't listen to the gay pride [bleep] they put out on the TV)
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Provo Utah is the world center for the Ponzi scheme. What you see on the internet and cell phones is nothing when compared to dollar amts.
I worked for a company out of Provo UT until a couple weeks ago. I'll never work for Mormons again. I was never lied to that much at work before
Utah does have a high scam rate, but it's the number of victims. Utahns seem to be inordinately trusting - if not naive - and thus fall victim to scammers a lot.

Now, it IS true that the Provo area is home to every food supplement craze on the planet. Herbals, diets, fruit and veg capsules, anything and everything like that. It's thanks to good old Senator Jake Garn, who got a law passed that said food supplements and such did not have to be approved by the Food and Drug Admin. And then got such producers tax benefits in Utah. You can hardly spit without hitting some kind of multi-level-marketing scheme around here.

It's also true that if a company is heavily LDS at the top, a "Gentile" is going to have a bumpy road either as an employee or a customer. However, that same thing could likely be said about Baptists, Catholics, or the KKK.
Divine revelation that you not gonna be a football powerhouse without black players, may not be that divine.

Sounds more like common sense to me.

But, if the leaders come out of a conclave with a "word", then they good to go. Problem solved.

DF
Posted By: Potsy Re: Mormon or Latter Day Saints? - 09/14/23
Never spoke to one till about a month ago. Kid was 20 years old.

He had just finished up his mission work in Utah and was flying back home to Denver where I had a layover. Was about to start at BYU.

Nice guy. Way more mature and polite than I was at 20.

We discussed religion for a bit. LDS vs. Baptist vs. Church of Christ.

I told him pretty quick that I was raised Baptist and married a Church of Christ Preacher’s daughter. If I was going to convert to anything, it’d likely be Bhuddism. He got a kick out of that.

He told me he wanted me to have his Book of Mormon and I thanked him. Gave it to Mom as Mom has always been curious about their religion (though she’s as Baptist as it gets).

Only one I ever talked to. Don’t know about his private life, but if all 20 year olds acted the way he did to me, the world would be a better place.
Mormons are known for their church policy of storing food. Any good Mormon will have from 6 months to 2 years of food in storage for hard times. The problem is that when the SHTF, everyone knows who they are and where to go for the food. Mormons are good at defending themselves, but they have to know that they'll get hit 1st when things go south. They can't hold off hungry people forever. They say that they help each other but when their Mormon neighbors come to help, those neighbors leave their own home undefended.

And some have a two years supply of ammo. It might not be wise to take a help yourself approach if times get tough. Besides, Idaho has more Mormons per capita than Utah does these days.
They got some pretty cool vids on XNXX of Mormon elders in "positions of power" breaking in some of dat young Mormon maiden poontang...

🤣🤣🤣
Originally Posted by Potsy
Never spoke to one till about a month ago. Kid was 20 years old.

He had just finished up his mission work in Utah and was flying back home to Denver where I had a layover. Was about to start at BYU.

Nice guy. Way more mature and polite than I was at 20.

We discussed religion for a bit. LDS vs. Baptist vs. Church of Christ.

I told him pretty quick that I was raised Baptist and married a Church of Christ Preacher’s daughter. If I was going to convert to anything, it’d likely be Bhuddism. He got a kick out of that.

He told me he wanted me to have his Book of Mormon and I thanked him. Gave it to Mom as Mom has always been curious about their religion (though she’s as Baptist as it gets).

Only one I ever talked to. Don’t know about his private life, but if all 20 year olds acted the way he did to me, the world would be a better place.
They’re serious and disciplined, not bad traits.

Generally a moral bunch. Agree if all 20 yr olds were like that young man, the country would be better off.

For sure they not woke. Family is important, again not a bad thing.

Ya don’t have to buy into their doctrine to admire their values.

DF
Posted By: Etoh Re: Mormon or Latter Day Saints? - 09/14/23
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin

And some have a two years supply of ammo. It might not be wise to take a help yourself approach if times get tough. Besides, Idaho has more Mormons per capita than Utah does these days.

Cant hold off the hungry people forever--- if your curious go back in Mormon history and see how they held off the hungry Indians that was using extortion. Don't put yourself in their shoes, unless you are one

Anywhere north of Logan is "More Mormon than the Prophet" to borrow a phrase from the Catholics. Check the history if your curious. Skaggs was from the American Falls area, Simplot Pocatello both of their conservative views gave that area a lot of pull in Salt Lake. Skaggs later turned Catholic to piss off the SLC leaders, because they "had turned away"
Originally Posted by Cheesy

Old Idaho saying, "never take a Mormon fishing, They will drink all your beer"

Down here it's Baptists. Always take two Baptists fishing, they won't touch your beer. One Baptist will drink it.
Originally Posted by renegade50
They got some pretty cool vids on XNXX of Mormon elders in "positions of power" breaking in some of dat young Mormon maiden poontang...

🤣🤣🤣

And probably about as legit as the doctor’s office, school teacher, stepmom and appliance mishap videos.
grin
© 24hourcampfire