Home
Posted By: Morewood Rate my Rig - 09/19/23
My old quad was beating me up with the straight axle and wrestling the handlebars on those rough back roads. Hunted off it for 20+ years.

So I bought myself a new toy and putting the bling on because this machine is designed by idiots with zero consideration of storage.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Let's see your hunting rig.
Posted By: deflave Re: Rate my Rig - 09/19/23
2 out of 10.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Rate my Rig - 09/19/23
Not enough info to rate….how many cup holders does it have?
Posted By: justin10mm Re: Rate my Rig - 09/19/23
A side by side without a dump bed is just a glorified go-cart.
Posted By: BLG Re: Rate my Rig - 09/19/23
Originally Posted by justin10mm

This.

We have a pioneer with the dump bed at the camp. You need one desperately.

Clyde
Posted By: pyscodog Re: Rate my Rig - 09/19/23
Got to agree with the others 2/10. No room to haul anything.
Posted By: crittrgittr Re: Rate my Rig - 09/19/23
Where the hell does the beer cooler go? That's what I'd be concerned with.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Rate my Rig - 09/19/23
This unit is not for farm work. It's for tooling around the dirt roads of vast Sierra Nevada Mountains and environs while armed with weapons and fishing poles.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Rate my Rig - 09/19/23
Originally Posted by Morewood
My old quad was beating me up with the straight axle and wrestling the handlebars on those rough back roads. Hunted off it for 20+ years.

So I bought myself a new toy and putting the bling on because this machine is designed by idiots with zero consideration of storage.

Thats cool. Nice light and simple.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Rate my Rig - 09/19/23
What model is it?
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Rate my Rig - 09/19/23
More my style

Your rig is nice and if it suits what you need run it. I didn't pay for it, you did.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Rate my Rig - 09/19/23
When I was using my Rancher, I put sliding rails on my back rack & mounted the box to it. I could slide my storage box forward for general use. I could slide it back to expose the rack for hauling a carcass back to camp. It worked very well. If I had your current machine, that is exactly what I would do with it. It pretty much doubled the use of it.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Rate my Rig - 09/19/23
Honda Pioneer 500.
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Rate my Rig - 09/19/23
Strap a deer across the hood and that 2 will go to 11.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Rate my Rig - 09/19/23

Looks great for zipping in and out of loco weed patches shocked
Posted By: shootbrownelk Re: Rate my Rig - 09/19/23
Put a front rack on it and a winch. And mount Kolpin gun boots to keep your guns dry & dirt free. A roof, a windshield and an LED light bar and weld a receiver hitch on the front bumper . Took me 3 years to get my Rhino set up the way I wanted.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
Those Honda's are tough machines.

I don't use a SXS very often, maybe 20 times per year, but they are handier than hell for certain situations!

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
This unit is not for farm work. It's for tooling around the dirt roads of vast Sierra Nevada Mountains and environs while armed with weapons and fishing poles.

I'd give it a solid 8. I like the way you have it set up far more than I like my 2009 RZR. These aren't meant for toodling out to the deer house built on stilts and hauling the cooler, heater, kids, and TV set.

Mine is for getting up to hard to reach spots, where we get out and hunt on foot the rest of the day. My older Ranger with the dump bed is for farm use and some hunting.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: shootem Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
Y’all remember when you parked the truck and went huntin with your gun and whatever fit in your pockets?
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
Originally Posted by shootem
Y’all remember when you parked the truck and went huntin with your gun and whatever fit in your pockets?

We do that now, only the truck is at camp with a camper on it, so we use these to go where we beat the hell out of the trucks to get to, then get out and hunt.
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
I have a couple Hondas. 1 Pioneer 500.
Honda's have transmissions. None of that aggravating high -strung , can't talk to the person next to you -
noisy belt .
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
Originally Posted by cisco1
Honda's have transmissions. None of that aggravating high -strung , can't talk to the person next to you -
noisy belt .

Exactly. That's why I waited nearly 20 agonizing years, after the purchase of my Rancher, to buy a 2018 Pioneer 700. Didn't want a belt drive of any sort.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
This mf'er flat goes. Duck hunting only.

Posted By: hardway Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
Originally Posted by Reloder28
noisy belt .

Exactly. That's why I waited nearly 20 agonizing years, after the purchase of my Rancher, to buy a 2018 Pioneer 700. Didn't want a belt drive of any sort.

X’s 2…… Fugg those belt drives…. Buddy has the little 500 like Morewood….. so nice just puttering around at low (QUIET) RPM’s. Father in law had a Yamaha Rhino….. what a noisy, belt whiney piece of crap.
Posted By: shootem Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
Originally Posted by luv2safari

We do that now, only the truck is at camp with a camper on it, so we use these to go where we beat the hell out of the trucks to get to, then get out and hunt.

I don’t miss those days either. Especially bringing out bodies. These days give me a backpack of essentials and a 4WD buggy.
Posted By: Angus55 Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
I have several Rangers, General, and Honda Talon, it’s getting hard to get these big heavy whitetail bucks up in back of beds by myself anymore, plus they are all lifted, kid at bow shop told me last week, what he does is run winch cable over top of cab and lower bed to ground, wrap cord around deer and run it right up into back, leave it connected to deer and raise bed back up from back then lower deer into bed and disconnect cable and roll it back up and head to the house, bunch of old guys in shop said it works great. The young guy said you can by a roller that attaches to cab top in front and back if you have steel cable so it doesn’t cut plastic, he said nylon doesn’t hurt cab, I have both types cable so will have to figure that out, no more busting a gut .
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
I have never understood the appeal.

I buy $2k Isuzu Troopers... beat them to death... then buy another one.

Used to do the same with $1k Cherokees, but impossible to get manuals anymore.
Posted By: killerv Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
Originally Posted by Reloder28
noisy belt .

I have 2019 700-4 Deluxe, its still pretty dang loud once you get and stay in that 3rd gear. You aren't holding a conversation. They are about bullet proof though as long as you don't treat them like jon boats.

Some storage ideas, the honda bag that sits high up in the roll cage behind your head is a must have. I had a black fence post cut also and mounted with some quickfists and added some surgrips to it. Easily adjusted, folded up or removed. Added one behind the back jump seats also

You could have bought one with a bed/dump bed. I wanna add a front storage rack on mine also.

Posted By: Teal Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
Nice - I'm thinking of picking up an RMax 1000 next summer. 10 year warranty on the belt and apparently it's so good - the dealer won't sell you a spare. Friend wanted one right when he bought it and the dealer talked him out of the spare, which blows my mind. Usually they'd sell you whatever you want to make a buck.

Should be good enough to scratch my itch to go quickly down the trail but also have some utility for haulin critters and gear/fire wood. I high scoot Can Am would just get me in trouble and a slower utility only model would bore the F outta me. Uncle has a Pioneer 1000 - loud, hot and slow.
Posted By: killerv Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
Originally Posted by Angus55
I have several Rangers, General, and Honda Talon, it’s getting hard to get these big heavy whitetail bucks up in back of beds by myself anymore, plus they are all lifted, kid at bow shop told me last week, what he does is run winch cable over top of cab and lower bed to ground, wrap cord around deer and run it right up into back, leave it connected to deer and raise bed back up from back then lower deer into bed and disconnect cable and roll it back up and head to the house, bunch of old guys in shop said it works great. The young guy said you can by a roller that attaches to cab top in front and back if you have steel cable so it doesn’t cut plastic, he said nylon doesn’t hurt cab, I have both types cable so will have to figure that out, no more busting a gut .

Yep, no reason to mount a winch in back of bed, just throw the rope over the roll cage from the front, done. I put a 3500 superwinch on mine and it has certainly come in handy
Posted By: Razorhog Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
Good lookin rig. A windshield would really help and the plastic roof cover. JMOP
Posted By: paddlejon Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
Originally Posted by Teal
Nice - I'm thinking of picking up an RMax 1000 next summer. 10 year warranty on the belt and apparently it's so good - the dealer won't sell you a spare. Friend wanted one right when he bought it and the dealer talked him out of the spare, which blows my mind. Usually they'd sell you whatever you want to make a buck.

Should be good enough to scratch my itch to go quickly down the trail but also have some utility for haulin critters and gear/fire wood. I high scoot Can Am would just get me in trouble and a slower utility only model would bore the F outta me. Uncle has a Pioneer 1000 - loud, hot and slow.

You should be happy with the RMAX. I use mine for everything on the farm to hunting to riding with the Razor guys

It’ll do anything and has the dump bed.

I “upgraded” from a Wolverine XP that we also still use on the farm, to hunt with and to ride with the razor guys.

I like the Wolverine better on the tight trails. I like the RMAX throttle (sport, trail, crawl) better

Both awesome machines

The RMAX is bigger so you get the benefit of greater ground clearance. It’ll go follow the CanAm anywhere you “should” go!
Posted By: tzone Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23

My buddy is a finance manager at a dealer. He likes those high scoot Can-AM's. I was driving with his dad and we had it at 74 and Buck said "ok that's fast enough" laugh She starts to float at that speed.
Originally Posted by tzone

My buddy is a finance manager at a dealer. He likes those high scoot Can-AM's. I was driving with his dad and we had it at 74 and Buck said "ok that's fast enough" laugh She starts to float at that speed.

SxS Blog fellas have me - "I wanna go fast!" but I don't wanna pay for big turbo packages and VP fuel lol.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
Needs LED light bars, a stereo, spare tire and gas can and a 6 inch lift kit for the full poseur effect.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
It's all in how you plan to use it. We have an older Polaris RZR 800. It's also a 50" for use on ATV trails. That gives you a lot more room to ride. It's short and very maneuverable, important on some of the trails we ride. You couldn't make some of the curves with a larger one. No, it can't haul much, but I have hauled out several elk in pieces. I can load it in the back of my 8' pickup bed and hang a camp trailer behind it.

It sounds like you plan to use this one much like we use ours and for that, it's excellent. I do recommend a good roof and a windshield that can be left open when driving. Many windshields can be opened but must be closed when on the trail. If you're going to be outside, open the window and be outside. Our was made by SuperATV but I'm not sure they make one for yours.
How good are the skidplates? The stock ones on ours were poor. The previous owner put on a full coverage plastic one that's taken a real beating but is still in excellent shape.
I recommend a pair of outside mirrors. They really help with maneuvering around in tight places and for watching behind you on roads. An inside mirror doesn't show you enough. Good ones will fold in when hit with brush or limbs.
We're in rocks more than mud or snow. The stock tires were susceptible to rock damage so I replaced them with Sedona Ripsaws. They have a lot of big rubber blocks to take a real beating. They aren't so good in sand but we have little of that.
If you're in rocks a lot, you might find that a lift kit is a big help. I added 2" plus went up 1 size in tires to get a total of 3". It's a huge help.
Of course you want a winch. That goes without saying. I've never needed mine to get unstuck but I've used it for a number of things, like lifting the snowplow. I've also used it several times to winch elk into the back of a pickup.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
Originally Posted by killerv
Yep, no reason to mount a winch in back of bed, just throw the rope over the roll cage from the front, done.

That is what I've done when necessary. I use my www.atvbackpackercart.com 99% of the time as I am a one man show. Bought mine when the price was $500.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
There looks like to much air exposed to the driver. It needs a windshield and ditch those phony nets on the side. It needs a lot of work to become a real off road rig. It is a Honda, so it should be a solid SXS. The cab doesn’t need to be totally enclosed, but I would get a top for it and a rear shield to help from getting as much dust in the cab as you would without it. Open gun racks are for people that stay on pavement. Get a padded case and cover for it for bad weather. Carlyle and Dunlop tires are made for parking lots, get some good 6 ply tires for it.

Buying it is about half the cost, but there is a reason you put the other stuff on it, like you said, it is designed y a bunch of Asians that have never seen dirt.

They don’t make these anymore, but for all around use, a Yamaha Rhino is about as good as it gets. A winch can save you when the edge of the road crumbles out from under your tires…

Posted By: losttrail60 Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
Originally Posted by shrapnel
There looks like to much air exposed to the driver. It needs a windshield and ditch those phony nets on the side. It needs a lot of work to become a real off road rig. It is a Honda, so it should be a solid SXS. The cab doesn’t need to be totally enclosed, but I would get a top for it and a rear shield to help from getting as much dust in the cab as you would without it. Open gun racks are for people that stay on pavement. Get a padded case and cover for it for bad weather. Carlyle and Dunlop tires are made for parking lots, get some good 6 ply tires for it.

Buying it is about half the cost, but there is a reason you put the other stuff on it, like you said, it is designed y a bunch of Asians that have never seen dirt.

They don’t make these anymore, but for all around use, a Yamaha Rhino is about as good as it gets. A winch can save you when the edge of the road crumbles out from under your tires…

LOL

Looks like you need to learn to drive. Road crumbled? Ha!

How the fugg could you go off a road that wide? TFF!
Parked on shoulder so others can pass. Come back to rig with a list.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
About a windshield that you can use in the open position - having it closed will suck a lot of dust in behind it. Having it open will let the dust just blow through.
Posted By: paddlejon Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
UTVs are a PITA to back. If seen some pretty bad roll overs where folks just tried to back up on skinny mtn trails. Saw a bad one at Brimstone
Posted By: Rangersedge Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
We have several UTV/Atvs. We have a really, really decked out Polaris Razer 1000 ultimate pro. I think its speed delimiter kicks in at around 85. Its one heck of a riding machine; but not what you'd want for around the farm or hunting.

Our most used UTV is actually an old Yamaha Rhino 700. Handy size. Been extremely reliable and problem free.

The Honda Pioneers have a lot going for them too.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
The last man who spoke of his "rig" was Safariman..
Posted By: Rangersedge Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
Paddlejon is right about backing many of the UTVs. Can't see worth a darn backing up even with backup camera and mirrors.
Posted By: Huntz Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Needs LED light bars, a stereo, spare tire and gas can and a 6 inch lift kit for the full poseur effect.
And a rack for a bicycle.
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23

I try to forget those days.
Posted By: Bry Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23

Mine’s a 2015 bought second hand from a guy who’d bought it for his wife and had it tricked out. She wouldn’t use it so he wanted it out of his garage.

I ditched the nets after my kids got big enough to not worry about them using it. Rear tray is handy and I have a range box made from scraps that rides in back when needed. Don’t have a need for a dump bed since the loader on the tractor is handier for that kind of work. Aside from oil changes the only cost for it was adding a snowplow.
Posted By: saddlering Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
I sold my Artic Cat 650 Prowler and am picking up buddy's Ranger 800 tomorrow. Windshield, top, light bars,winch gun and bow racks dump bed. Iv been wanting this one for awhile, he just bought a bigger one with power steering. But he's 78
Posted By: ShadeTree Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23

Remember??
Posted By: Gibby Re: Rate my Rig - 09/20/23
Toyota LC's works pretty good for an old guy for comfort.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Rate my Rig - 09/21/23
Some of ya have some really nice rigs. Giving me some good ideas.

I'm leaving Friday on a long scouting trip, deer season opens Saturday. Shakedown cruise.
Posted By: 5spd Re: Rate my Rig - 09/21/23
That Honda wasnt designed to carry much at all, but still be narrow for atv trails.
Coulda got a uforce 600 that beats that one, but is a tad bigger overall.
Posted By: old_willys Re: Rate my Rig - 09/21/23
the reason I went with my Tracker 800sx (besides no one had any UTV's in stock at the time) was it could haul half a ton in it's dump box or tow a ton. Plus for a old guy it's super easy to get in and out..

Does a good job plowing

Attached picture tracker.jpg
Posted By: Reba Re: Rate my Rig - 09/21/23
The Pioneer 520 come with a dump box.

500/520 Will fit in the back of a Pickup and allowed on certain Forest Service Roads which is good stuff for a hunting rig.

Get the factory top and windshield and front rack to mount the gun rack etc.

A deck on the rear rack might help with storage options. It would have more surface area than the dump box.Use U-bolts to attach to the existing rack.

More you use it the better ideas you will come up with.

HONDA a very solid machine
Posted By: wldthg Re: Rate my Rig - 09/21/23
We have 2 pioneer 500's and 1 520 at camp----- rough log skidder trails @ 30% to 40% grade as soon as you leave camp. These little Honda's for hunting ,Trail riding,or getting our firewood out are just like using a .308. Very compact and basic but they get the job done
Posted By: JPro Re: Rate my Rig - 09/21/23
If I wanted a smaller SxS, I'd definitely look at those 500-series Hondas. Gas Well Company guys use them here and they roll a lot of miles.

I like a bit bigger machine for chores and carrying more people, but also keep an ATV for tight spots and areas with minimal trails/roads.
Posted By: aboltfan Re: Rate my Rig - 09/21/23
My brother and I both have Honda 500s. His an '18 and mine a '20. We us them around the house and on the lease. We chose the Pioneers for size and Honda reliability.

As everyone has said, you'll think of things to add that work for how you use it. At the top of the list will end up being, roof, windshield and winch. Mine gets used in the winter for plowing snow. Thing thinks it's a plow truck.
Posted By: 673 Re: Rate my Rig - 09/21/23
I like it, would like it more if it had a roof, windshield and doors.
Last year I was walking up a bush road hunting, cold, snowing, perfect hunting weather, then a couple old guys wheeled up and rolled the window down and were talking to me through a small opening....T-shirts, coffee's, "looks cold out there" they said.

Getting old enough to know what I want.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Rate my Rig - 09/21/23
Just cleaned her up after moose hunt... [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Rate my Rig - 09/21/23
Originally Posted by Gibby

wanna pic ?????????

ha ha to the azz hole haters
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Rate my Rig - 09/21/23
Iffin I were to buy a new UTV

Be a Honda Talon

Even my Kawi Terex is a belt loud SOB

Although.....5500 miles and no issues

Posted By: Valsdad Re: Rate my Rig - 09/21/23
Hey Morewood.

Good luck scouting/hunting.

The vehicle? It's OK, but should be blue or green.

I hate red vehicles. grin
Posted By: Morewood Re: Rate my Rig - 09/21/23
Red was all they had. Besides, it's not like I'm going to sneak in unnoticed because it's green or camo.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Rate my Rig - 09/22/23
Originally Posted by BLG

This.

Clyde

Why would I need a dump bed desperately? It's for getting up tough trails to the top, where we get out and hunt, and to haul a deer back down. I don't need to dump the deer onto the ground.

My bigger Ranger would never get up the trail to this place, no bigger UTV would get up the road below, and a dump bed is of no use. I use the Ranger dump bed some on the farm, but my tractor with a loader gets used 20X more.

Our trails are unimproved and not flat. They go up this stuff. Small compact ATVs/UTVs or trail bikes are all that can get up them.

(The old phone's camera wasn't focusing, and it got replaced.)

Posted By: JGray Re: Rate my Rig - 09/22/23
Nothing to do with OP request to rate the machine, but our 1st SxS:

I wanted a 2 seater and she wanted a 4 seater for grandkids, dogs etc. I bought the above without discussing with her.

2 years later, we have this one:

I love the 4 seater, but refuse to admit she might have been right...
Posted By: Seafire Re: Rate my Rig - 09/22/23

heck, I could accomplish that in an old VW Bug... and have room to carry things and a place to put the beer cooler...

and probably get better gas mileage..
Posted By: hanco Re: Rate my Rig - 09/22/23
I prefer this and a small trailer than my Polaris. Keeps rain off, has a heater, but Polaris will roll fast over Rocky ground.

Posted By: Gibby Re: Rate my Rig - 09/22/23
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by Gibby

wanna pic ?????????

ha ha to the azz hole haters

Pic of the dash with the heater set on warm
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Rate my Rig - 09/22/23
That's a great rig MW, Congrats you'll have a ball in it exploring.

A bud and I just got back from 4 days riding in the UP, we had a ball!
Posted By: RAS Re: Rate my Rig - 09/22/23
2022 Honda Pioneer 1000-5. Wife bought me it for Christmas.

Added winch, light bar and back up lights.

Posted By: jc189 Re: Rate my Rig - 09/22/23

Honda makes a great machine, but the 500 is the baby of the bunch.
I used one for one season. They have extremely low ground clearance. I kept getting hung up in places that I never would with my old Yamaha Rhino. It gets high centered very easily. Do yourself a favor and put a winch on the front.

I stepped up to a Honda Pioneer 700/4 with a dump bed. Totally different machine, problem solved, that one will go anywhere I need to go with ease.
Posted By: 78CJ Re: Rate my Rig - 09/22/23
Originally Posted by BLG

This.

Clyde

What do you guys do with the dump bed? These things aren't Kenworths......

Lemme guess, load it up with firewood back it up to the shed and dump it on the ground so you can bend over to pick it back up?
Posted By: JPro Re: Rate my Rig - 09/22/23
I've mostly used my dump bed for hauling limbs and cut brush. It wouldn't really be a deal breaker if it didn't dump, but it can be handy when cleaning up after storms or policing up after cutting fallen trees. You don't have to touch the stuff twice.

One of the things I like about the Mule FXT Pro is that the bed can dump even when in the shortened configuration, as seen here. I had it tilted up to check the engine oil.

Bed is fairly capacious in full-length mode.

Posted By: Teal Re: Rate my Rig - 09/22/23
Originally Posted by 78CJ
Originally Posted by BLG

This.

Clyde

What do you guys do with the dump bed? These things aren't Kenworths......

Lemme guess, load it up with firewood back it up to the shed and dump it on the ground so you can bend over to pick it back up?

Dump the blood and wash out from dead critters.
Originally Posted by CashisKing

I just did this last week. I found a 1999 Troopper for 2K.
4WD, runs great. Now that I'm 65+ I'm looking for a little more comfort. getting soft in my old age. It's warm, dry, has AC, heated seats, and lots of others extras.

I bought some A/T tires, A winch, front bumper and some led's. I'm GTG. now I have just have to get it bloody.

Posted By: shrapnel Re: Rate my Rig - 09/22/23
Originally Posted by jc189

4WD, runs great. Now that I'm 65+ I'm looking for a little more comfort. getting soft in my old age. It's warm, dry, has AC, heated seats, and lots of others extras.

I bought some A/T tires, A winch, front bumper and some led's. I'm GTG. now I have just have to get it bloody.

Too much money. $300.00 can get you this kind of disposable luxury….

Originally Posted by jc189

That thing weighs 4500 lbs.

An Rmax weighs 1850 lbs.

Guess which one I'd rather have to get unstuck from the mud?
Posted By: JPro Re: Rate my Rig - 09/22/23
Of course the best answer is to have a daily-driver 4x4, a beater 4x4 hunting truck, a SxS, and an ATV.
Originally Posted by JPro
Of course the best answer is to have a daily-driver 4x4, a beater 4x4 hunting truck, a SxS, and an ATV.

YEP!
Originally Posted by JPro

Now I have all three.

#1 4X4 2500 HD Duramax diesel/Allison tranny daily driver
#2 4X4 Isuzu trooper beater 4x4 hunting vehicle
#3 Honda Pioneer 700 4 seat/dump bed
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Rate my Rig - 09/22/23
Everyone has unique applications. You couldn't take a truck, jeep or Isuzu where my Ranger goes.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Everyone has unique applications. You couldn't take a truck, jeep or Isuzu where my Ranger goes.

Agreed, That's why I kept the Honda Pioneer SXS. Daughter, SIL, Grandkids all have quads. Plenty of off road vehicles in the family to get anywhere we need to go.
Posted By: Gibby Re: Rate my Rig - 09/22/23
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

But, you can haul your YZ250 in your pickup.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Rate my Rig - 09/22/23
My 610 “Sarah" gets used hard just about every day cutting cedar. Don’t need anything fancy. I just cut these staves and headed back out shortly.

Posted By: Gibby Re: Rate my Rig - 09/30/23
This can work

Posted By: Teal Re: Rate my Rig - 10/01/23
Cousin stopped by yesterday with his yxz.

Looks like the one below. He's done some ecm work on it and out a set of 30 inch BFGs on it.

70mph down the trail in the woods, 90 on the road and shifting at 11k rpms via paddle shift. Incredibly impressive in the ride quality, especially off camber at high speed. Way too much fun but you're not packing a load of firewood out.
Posted By: smarquez Re: Rate my Rig - 10/01/23
Nailed it.
Posted By: Angus55 Re: Rate my Rig - 10/01/23
Teal, I have had 15”. 235 BFG on my General for five years, got tired of riding in mountains and having to by new tires every year, truck tires are much tougher, but you can only run about eight pounds of air, they will beat ya to death.
Posted By: Switch Re: Rate my Rig - 10/01/23
You're going to need a heater, trust me!
© 24hourcampfire