Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I have a couple Hondas. 1 Pioneer 500.
Honda's have transmissions. None of that aggravating high -strung , can't talk to the person next to you -
noisy belt .

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by cisco1
Honda's have transmissions. None of that aggravating high -strung , can't talk to the person next to you -
noisy belt .

Exactly. That's why I waited nearly 20 agonizing years, after the purchase of my Rancher, to buy a 2018 Pioneer 700. Didn't want a belt drive of any sort.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
This mf'er flat goes. Duck hunting only.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Reloder28
noisy belt .

Exactly. That's why I waited nearly 20 agonizing years, after the purchase of my Rancher, to buy a 2018 Pioneer 700. Didn't want a belt drive of any sort.

X’s 2…… Fugg those belt drives…. Buddy has the little 500 like Morewood….. so nice just puttering around at low (QUIET) RPM’s. Father in law had a Yamaha Rhino….. what a noisy, belt whiney piece of crap.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by shootem
Y’all remember when you parked the truck and went huntin with your gun and whatever fit in your pockets?

We do that now, only the truck is at camp with a camper on it, so we use these to go where we beat the hell out of the trucks to get to, then get out and hunt.

I don’t miss those days either. Especially bringing out bodies. These days give me a backpack of essentials and a 4WD buggy.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
I have several Rangers, General, and Honda Talon, it’s getting hard to get these big heavy whitetail bucks up in back of beds by myself anymore, plus they are all lifted, kid at bow shop told me last week, what he does is run winch cable over top of cab and lower bed to ground, wrap cord around deer and run it right up into back, leave it connected to deer and raise bed back up from back then lower deer into bed and disconnect cable and roll it back up and head to the house, bunch of old guys in shop said it works great. The young guy said you can by a roller that attaches to cab top in front and back if you have steel cable so it doesn’t cut plastic, he said nylon doesn’t hurt cab, I have both types cable so will have to figure that out, no more busting a gut .

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I have never understood the appeal.

I buy $2k Isuzu Troopers... beat them to death... then buy another one.

Used to do the same with $1k Cherokees, but impossible to get manuals anymore.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Reloder28
noisy belt .

I have 2019 700-4 Deluxe, its still pretty dang loud once you get and stay in that 3rd gear. You aren't holding a conversation. They are about bullet proof though as long as you don't treat them like jon boats.

Some storage ideas, the honda bag that sits high up in the roll cage behind your head is a must have. I had a black fence post cut also and mounted with some quickfists and added some surgrips to it. Easily adjusted, folded up or removed. Added one behind the back jump seats also

You could have bought one with a bed/dump bed. I wanna add a front storage rack on mine also.

Last edited by killerv; 09/20/23.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice - I'm thinking of picking up an RMax 1000 next summer. 10 year warranty on the belt and apparently it's so good - the dealer won't sell you a spare. Friend wanted one right when he bought it and the dealer talked him out of the spare, which blows my mind. Usually they'd sell you whatever you want to make a buck.

Should be good enough to scratch my itch to go quickly down the trail but also have some utility for haulin critters and gear/fire wood. I high scoot Can Am would just get me in trouble and a slower utility only model would bore the F outta me. Uncle has a Pioneer 1000 - loud, hot and slow.

Me

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Angus55
I have several Rangers, General, and Honda Talon, it’s getting hard to get these big heavy whitetail bucks up in back of beds by myself anymore, plus they are all lifted, kid at bow shop told me last week, what he does is run winch cable over top of cab and lower bed to ground, wrap cord around deer and run it right up into back, leave it connected to deer and raise bed back up from back then lower deer into bed and disconnect cable and roll it back up and head to the house, bunch of old guys in shop said it works great. The young guy said you can by a roller that attaches to cab top in front and back if you have steel cable so it doesn’t cut plastic, he said nylon doesn’t hurt cab, I have both types cable so will have to figure that out, no more busting a gut .

Yep, no reason to mount a winch in back of bed, just throw the rope over the roll cage from the front, done. I put a 3500 superwinch on mine and it has certainly come in handy

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Good lookin rig. A windshield would really help and the plastic roof cover. JMOP

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by Teal
Nice - I'm thinking of picking up an RMax 1000 next summer. 10 year warranty on the belt and apparently it's so good - the dealer won't sell you a spare. Friend wanted one right when he bought it and the dealer talked him out of the spare, which blows my mind. Usually they'd sell you whatever you want to make a buck.

Should be good enough to scratch my itch to go quickly down the trail but also have some utility for haulin critters and gear/fire wood. I high scoot Can Am would just get me in trouble and a slower utility only model would bore the F outta me. Uncle has a Pioneer 1000 - loud, hot and slow.

You should be happy with the RMAX. I use mine for everything on the farm to hunting to riding with the Razor guys

It’ll do anything and has the dump bed.

I “upgraded” from a Wolverine XP that we also still use on the farm, to hunt with and to ride with the razor guys.

I like the Wolverine better on the tight trails. I like the RMAX throttle (sport, trail, crawl) better

Both awesome machines

The RMAX is bigger so you get the benefit of greater ground clearance. It’ll go follow the CanAm anywhere you “should” go!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

My buddy is a finance manager at a dealer. He likes those high scoot Can-AM's. I was driving with his dad and we had it at 74 and Buck said "ok that's fast enough" laugh She starts to float at that speed.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tzone

My buddy is a finance manager at a dealer. He likes those high scoot Can-AM's. I was driving with his dad and we had it at 74 and Buck said "ok that's fast enough" laugh She starts to float at that speed.

SxS Blog fellas have me - "I wanna go fast!" but I don't wanna pay for big turbo packages and VP fuel lol.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Needs LED light bars, a stereo, spare tire and gas can and a 6 inch lift kit for the full poseur effect.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It's all in how you plan to use it. We have an older Polaris RZR 800. It's also a 50" for use on ATV trails. That gives you a lot more room to ride. It's short and very maneuverable, important on some of the trails we ride. You couldn't make some of the curves with a larger one. No, it can't haul much, but I have hauled out several elk in pieces. I can load it in the back of my 8' pickup bed and hang a camp trailer behind it.

It sounds like you plan to use this one much like we use ours and for that, it's excellent. I do recommend a good roof and a windshield that can be left open when driving. Many windshields can be opened but must be closed when on the trail. If you're going to be outside, open the window and be outside. Our was made by SuperATV but I'm not sure they make one for yours.
How good are the skidplates? The stock ones on ours were poor. The previous owner put on a full coverage plastic one that's taken a real beating but is still in excellent shape.
I recommend a pair of outside mirrors. They really help with maneuvering around in tight places and for watching behind you on roads. An inside mirror doesn't show you enough. Good ones will fold in when hit with brush or limbs.
We're in rocks more than mud or snow. The stock tires were susceptible to rock damage so I replaced them with Sedona Ripsaws. They have a lot of big rubber blocks to take a real beating. They aren't so good in sand but we have little of that.
If you're in rocks a lot, you might find that a lift kit is a big help. I added 2" plus went up 1 size in tires to get a total of 3". It's a huge help.
Of course you want a winch. That goes without saying. I've never needed mine to get unstuck but I've used it for a number of things, like lifting the snowplow. I've also used it several times to winch elk into the back of a pickup.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by killerv
Yep, no reason to mount a winch in back of bed, just throw the rope over the roll cage from the front, done.

That is what I've done when necessary. I use my www.atvbackpackercart.com 99% of the time as I am a one man show. Bought mine when the price was $500.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
There looks like to much air exposed to the driver. It needs a windshield and ditch those phony nets on the side. It needs a lot of work to become a real off road rig. It is a Honda, so it should be a solid SXS. The cab doesn’t need to be totally enclosed, but I would get a top for it and a rear shield to help from getting as much dust in the cab as you would without it. Open gun racks are for people that stay on pavement. Get a padded case and cover for it for bad weather. Carlyle and Dunlop tires are made for parking lots, get some good 6 ply tires for it.

Buying it is about half the cost, but there is a reason you put the other stuff on it, like you said, it is designed y a bunch of Asians that have never seen dirt.

They don’t make these anymore, but for all around use, a Yamaha Rhino is about as good as it gets. A winch can save you when the edge of the road crumbles out from under your tires…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by shrapnel
There looks like to much air exposed to the driver. It needs a windshield and ditch those phony nets on the side. It needs a lot of work to become a real off road rig. It is a Honda, so it should be a solid SXS. The cab doesn’t need to be totally enclosed, but I would get a top for it and a rear shield to help from getting as much dust in the cab as you would without it. Open gun racks are for people that stay on pavement. Get a padded case and cover for it for bad weather. Carlyle and Dunlop tires are made for parking lots, get some good 6 ply tires for it.

Buying it is about half the cost, but there is a reason you put the other stuff on it, like you said, it is designed y a bunch of Asians that have never seen dirt.

They don’t make these anymore, but for all around use, a Yamaha Rhino is about as good as it gets. A winch can save you when the edge of the road crumbles out from under your tires…

LOL

Looks like you need to learn to drive. Road crumbled? Ha!

How the fugg could you go off a road that wide? TFF!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Parked on shoulder so others can pass. Come back to rig with a list.

Me

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

419 members (30incher, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 280ACKIMP, 257_X_50, 270cowboy, 50 invisible), 2,686 guests, and 1,396 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,753
Posts18,476,304
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.