Home
Just did a quick review of candidates for KY State offices before I head out to the polling place. Noticed that ALL of the DemonRat candidates that I reviewed ran unopposed in their primary races, while most of the Republicans had primary challengers. I understand that we are not likely to vote ourselves out of the current mess. However it is frustrating to see the DemonRats having the organizational ability to slot their candidates and then put the full party support behind them. While the Republicans cannot get out of their own way.

Off my soap box. Flame suit on.
The Republican Party in Kentucky has historically been guilty of doing just that. The Republican candidates in national elections win in a landslide, while on the state level they usually struggle. I think part of it is that this state is so diverse and divided up into different social and cultural perspectives, that it is hard for a candidate to have statewide appeal. I'm hoping Cameron can pull it off, but I really think the Republicans could have chosen a better candidate.
Will be a repeat of last time - Dem holds governor office, Repubs take everything else. My prediction, anyway.
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Just did a quick review of candidates for KY State offices before I head out to the polling place. Noticed that ALL of the DemonRat candidates that I reviewed ran unopposed in their primary races, while most of the Republicans had primary challengers. I understand that we are not likely to vote ourselves out of the current mess. However it is frustrating to see the DemonRats having the organizational ability to slot their candidates and then put the full party support behind them. While the Republicans cannot get out of their own way.

yeah, cuz voting republican has worked out so well
Republicans nearly always argue who can give away the most of America's treasury to other nations in the name of "Democracy!".....
Orion2000: I am not flaming you but I did burst out laughing when I read your postings header.
I am still giggling a bit. Republicans "stick together" - fat chance!
I do forgive you for your naivete that borders on the pathetic though.
Maybe someday, but not any day soon, will "Republicans" stick together.
I must add this as bad and as "backstabbing" as the Republicans are (at EVERY level of government!) they are 100 times better to be in office than demonrats.
Thanks for the laughs.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by Orion2000

yeah, cuz voting republican has worked out so well

It matters at the state level--at least it does in Kentucky. We've got a Democrat Governor and a Republican legislature. The Republican legislature is the only thing that keeps the Democrat Governor from running wild.
The problem is republicans have always been split as to their platform. Especially since Bush. Liberalism crept into the party and Trump kicked over the forbidden rock.
Just don't use the Byron Looper method of narrowing down the field. My brother was hired by his mother to appeal his conviction- - - -it didn't help!
Not all republicans are created equal. The party as is needs burned to the ground.
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Not all republicans are created equal. The party as is needs burned to the ground.
Spot on. Republican party right now is a joke and hardly different from the democrats. Uniparty is a thing guys
Originally Posted by auk1124
Will be a repeat of last time - Dem holds governor office, Repubs take everything else. My prediction, anyway.

Pretty much nailed it. District 93 special election, far eastern KY went to a DemonRat. Otherwise everything else went Republican...
Republicans are not showing up to vote. Not sure how much worse the country has to be to motivate them. Not sure we can stand much worse either.
© 24hourcampfire