Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
Just did a quick review of candidates for KY State offices before I head out to the polling place. Noticed that ALL of the DemonRat candidates that I reviewed ran unopposed in their primary races, while most of the Republicans had primary challengers. I understand that we are not likely to vote ourselves out of the current mess. However it is frustrating to see the DemonRats having the organizational ability to slot their candidates and then put the full party support behind them. While the Republicans cannot get out of their own way.

Off my soap box. Flame suit on.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The Republican Party in Kentucky has historically been guilty of doing just that. The Republican candidates in national elections win in a landslide, while on the state level they usually struggle. I think part of it is that this state is so diverse and divided up into different social and cultural perspectives, that it is hard for a candidate to have statewide appeal. I'm hoping Cameron can pull it off, but I really think the Republicans could have chosen a better candidate.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Will be a repeat of last time - Dem holds governor office, Repubs take everything else. My prediction, anyway.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Just did a quick review of candidates for KY State offices before I head out to the polling place. Noticed that ALL of the DemonRat candidates that I reviewed ran unopposed in their primary races, while most of the Republicans had primary challengers. I understand that we are not likely to vote ourselves out of the current mess. However it is frustrating to see the DemonRats having the organizational ability to slot their candidates and then put the full party support behind them. While the Republicans cannot get out of their own way.

yeah, cuz voting republican has worked out so well

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Republicans nearly always argue who can give away the most of America's treasury to other nations in the name of "Democracy!".....

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Orion2000: I am not flaming you but I did burst out laughing when I read your postings header.
I am still giggling a bit. Republicans "stick together" - fat chance!
I do forgive you for your naivete that borders on the pathetic though.
Maybe someday, but not any day soon, will "Republicans" stick together.
I must add this as bad and as "backstabbing" as the Republicans are (at EVERY level of government!) they are 100 times better to be in office than demonrats.
Thanks for the laughs.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by Orion2000

yeah, cuz voting republican has worked out so well

It matters at the state level--at least it does in Kentucky. We've got a Democrat Governor and a Republican legislature. The Republican legislature is the only thing that keeps the Democrat Governor from running wild.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
The problem is republicans have always been split as to their platform. Especially since Bush. Liberalism crept into the party and Trump kicked over the forbidden rock.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Just don't use the Byron Looper method of narrowing down the field. My brother was hired by his mother to appeal his conviction- - - -it didn't help!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not all republicans are created equal. The party as is needs burned to the ground.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Not all republicans are created equal. The party as is needs burned to the ground.
Spot on. Republican party right now is a joke and hardly different from the democrats. Uniparty is a thing guys

O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by auk1124
Will be a repeat of last time - Dem holds governor office, Repubs take everything else. My prediction, anyway.

Pretty much nailed it. District 93 special election, far eastern KY went to a DemonRat. Otherwise everything else went Republican...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Republicans are not showing up to vote. Not sure how much worse the country has to be to motivate them. Not sure we can stand much worse either.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 53 invisible), 2,276 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,647
Posts18,493,344
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.