Home
Posted By: flintlocke Has Trump decided VP? - 11/22/23
I was watching 'Explain America' on Youtube tonight, and Carmine Sabia claims a woman journalist by the name of Maggie Haberman who has made a career of covering Trump well before he ran in 2016, thinks the noise about Tucker as VP is real. Haberman is supposed to have reliable sources inside the Trump circle. If true...wow.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/22/23
Trump won't announce his VP running mate until late Spring or early Summer. I would prefer somebody who has won an elected public office at least once.
Posted By: Houston_2 Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/22/23
“Billionaires are lining up to contribute to Trump’s anti democratic agenda and it is scary that the people don’t recognize the inherent dangers of this big money support.”

Op-Ed in The Guardian
Posted By: BooBear Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/22/23
All part of the swamp
Posted By: MAC Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/22/23
Originally Posted by Houston_2
“Billionaires are lining up to contribute to Trump’s anti democratic agenda and it is scary that the people don’t recognize the inherent dangers of this big money support.”

Op-Ed in The Guardian

More billionaires donate to and bankroll DEMs than GOP candidates.

Facts from the Chief.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/22/23
After tucker talked huge scheit on Trump, why would he? Tucker is all about tucker, and would undermine anything he did. I like him but not for VP. Someone with acnationalist view point with an economic mind is who we need in that position. Closing our borders and putting American workers/citizens/companies first is our only hope
Posted By: MissouriEd Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/22/23
Even should Trump have Kamala as his running mate he will never win the vote.
It wouldn’t cause me any heartburn if Pompeo were his choice.
Posted By: Raspy Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/22/23
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Even should Trump have Kamala as his running mate he will never win the vote.

Clarification...are you saying Trump is a dipshit, or there will be uncontrolled cheating by the Dems?
Posted By: MonkeyWrench Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/22/23
MM,

Respectfully, I could not disagree more strongly:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/?s=pompeo
Posted By: Calvin Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/22/23
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
I would prefer somebody who has won an elected public office at least once.

Agreed
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/22/23
Originally Posted by MonkeyWrench
MM,

Respectfully, I could not disagree more strongly:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/?s=pompeo

Exactly. Couldn't agree more.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/22/23
Why would anyone want someone who’s already won an election? Politicians are last thing I’m looking for….
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/22/23
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Former director of the CIA, can’t get any more SWAMP than that.
Posted By: Steve Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/22/23
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by Houston_2

Op-Ed in The Guardian

More billionaires donate to and bankroll DEMs than GOP candidates.

Facts from the Chief.

Shhhhhh... Don't let the Plebs know.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/22/23
Trump won't announce his VP running mate until late Spring or early Summer. I would prefer somebody who has won an elected public office at least once.
Did you vote for trump in 2016?

I only ask because that was his first elected office.
Originally Posted by steve4102
Former director of the CIA, can’t get any more SWAMP than that.

Appointed by Trump.
Posted By: efw Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/22/23
Vivek
Originally Posted by efw
Vivek

He could do a lot worse.

Smart young man.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/22/23
Lake
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/22/23
Just notice who Trump is NOT attacking…
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/22/23
Originally Posted by ironbender
Did you vote for trump in 2016?

I only ask because that was his first elected office.

Donald Trump is the exception, his lifelong fight against state governments in pursuit of his business goals is unique.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/23/23
He'll pick whoever he thinks kissed his a$$ the hardest and deepest.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/23/23
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I was watching 'Explain America' on Youtube tonight, and Carmine Sabia claims a woman journalist by the name of Maggie Haberman who has made a career of covering Trump well before he ran in 2016, thinks the noise about Tucker as VP is real. Haberman is supposed to have reliable sources inside the Trump circle. If true...wow.
I'm saying he is going to take Kari Lake.

kwg
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/24/23
It won’t be Pence
Posted By: Batchief909 Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/24/23
Originally Posted by earlybrd
It won’t be Pence

grin grin grin
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/24/23
Originally Posted by kwg020
I'm saying he is going to take Kari Lake.

kwg

You might be right, no criticism of Trump....he is who he is and he's not going to change thankfully, but he needs to be Numero Uno, undeniably. And if you look at Tucker's rise to stardom, his very, very good ability to communicate, his huge fan base....that may be too small of a stage to hold both men. Kari might not threaten the top dog syndrome as much as Tucker.
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/24/23

Why should that be a requisite?
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/24/23
Originally Posted by Pat85

IMO that is the worst possible qualification. I would label it as a disqualification. QUESTION: Can you name one thing the federal government does well, accomplishes, or achieves? One thing. Economy, healthcare, land management, mail, defense, justice, foreign intel, utilities oversight, tech oversight, energy, commerce, transportation etc etc. One thing? Please don't say defense, DOD failed audits the last 6 years, billions missing. Navy ships too computerized to meet mission. Airplanes no one wanted or needed etc etc.
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/24/23
Assuming someone who know something about campaigns and getting elected (few and far between in Republican politics) is advising him, he will be picking a popular governor or senator from a major swing state. One state like PA, MI, AZ, GA or WI could be and probably will be the difference.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/24/23

^This or someone's choice..
Posted By: GeoW Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/24/23

Pompeo was elected to the United States House of Representatives in 2010
Ramasalami?
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/24/23

IMO that is the worst possible qualification. I would label it as a disqualification. QUESTION: Can you name one thing the federal government does well, accomplishes, or achieves? One thing.

You’re asking the wrong guy, I make my living in the Private sector. Always have, always will.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/24/23
Trump will not pick Tucker Carlson or Kari Lake. They would appeal to the people who would vote for Trump already. He needs to pick someone who would get him votes he would not get anyway. Niki Haley is very popular with suburban women, a voting demographic which Trump badly needs.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/24/23
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Ramasalami?
No
Posted By: Jahrs Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/24/23
Originally Posted by Jahrs
General Flynn, book it…

I posted this 11/12 with no comments. I think it’s a great choice. Very few people trump trusts and I believe Flynn is one of them.

Opinions?
Pompeo would be a good choice.

I'd like to see him pick Kari Lake. She's a cutie, a spitfire and don't take no "stuff" from reporters!
Posted By: Jahrs Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/24/23
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Pompeo would be a good choice.

I'd like to see him pick Kari Lake. She's a cutie, a spitfire and don't take no "stuff" from reporters!

She is all that and I really like what I see in her but it wouldn’t be the best choice. I don’t trust a women in that job. That job is a man’s job.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/24/23

IMO that is the worst possible qualification. I would label it as a disqualification. QUESTION: Can you name one thing the federal government does well, accomplishes, or achieves? One thing. Economy, healthcare, land management, mail, defense, justice, foreign intel, utilities oversight, tech oversight, energy, commerce, transportation etc etc. One thing? Please don't say defense, DOD failed audits the last 6 years, billions missing. Navy ships too computerized to meet mission. Airplanes no one wanted or needed etc etc.
Agree 100%

Fuqk any and all that have been elected to public office.
Originally Posted by GeoW

Pompeo was elected to the United States House of Representatives in 2010
Pompeo is Deep State

If Trump picks another Deep State operative he has learned nothing.
Posted By: Direct_Drive Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/24/23
No can do.
She's a gold digger and goes whichever way the wind blows.
A longtime Arizona TV news anchor, Lake donated to the Democratic candidate for president in 2004 (John Kerry) and 2008 (Obama)

[Linked Image from arizonadailyindependent.com]
Posted By: kw565 Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/24/23
Kristi Noem
Posted By: byd Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/24/23
Haley
But I don’t watch much TV
So if they are not busting each other’s chops
That’s who I think he will pick
Posted By: Calvin Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/24/23

Trump won without having won elected office before, but I doubt we will see another Trump for a while.

Someone with a track record of winning would help Trump. I think it should be a strategic pick to bring in voters and win. We do not want another 4 years of democrats in office.
Posted By: bellydeep Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/24/23
Originally Posted by Calvin

Agreed

Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Assuming someone who know something about campaigns and getting elected (few and far between in Republican politics) is advising him, he will be picking a popular governor or senator from a major swing state. One state like PA, MI, AZ, GA or WI could be and probably will be the difference.

Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Trump will not pick Tucker Carlson or Kari Lake. They would appeal to the people who would vote for Trump already. He needs to pick someone who would get him votes he would not get anyway. Niki Haley is very popular with suburban women, a voting demographic which Trump badly needs.

2000 called and wants its political theory back.

And this is why republicans have such a difficult time winning.

The writing is on the wall. Adapt or go extinct.

The people are fed up with career politicians.
Posted By: Lockhart Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/24/23
Noem or Haley may be good choices. Knowing neither one or the other personally but only from their public appearances, I tend to favor Haley for while attending USC in Cola, SC, my daughter came into contact with Governor Haley and her family at the theater where she worked and where they attended movie pictures from time to time. My daughter spoke very well of them, how they were down to earth people and not appearing to be "better than us" considering her elected position. Noem appears to be the same. I just don't know anyone who has come into contact with her or her family.
Posted By: milespatton Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/24/23
I hope not Haley, She lost any of my support when She chose to try and eradicate Confederate History. She will pander to those that are against us. miles
They have been trying to separate Trump from his base since day one, nothing has worked.

It is said that only Trump himself can destroy the bond with his supporters.

Picking Haley, a neocon, Warhawk, backstabbing Establishment Swamp Dweller is one sure way for Trump to do just that.
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive
No can do.
She's a gold digger and goes whichever way the wind blows.
A longtime Arizona TV news anchor, Lake donated to the Democratic candidate for president in 2004 (John Kerry) and 2008 (Obama)

[Linked Image from arizonadailyindependent.com]

Yeppers, but she saw the light!
Remember, Trump was a big (D) supporter for a long time! He was a big development guy and needed support from both sides at times.

Don't misunderstand, I don't know that she's the best pick, i just think she would be good.
Gov. Noem is another good one. How about Boebert from CO?

Before you go off and say "women can't di the job", think about Golda Mier, Margaret Thatcher and Indira Ghandi.
All held their ground just fine.
I agree that the middle east holds women in low esteem.
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/25/23

Trump won without having won elected office before, but I doubt we will see another Trump for a while.

Someone with a track record of winning would help Trump. I think it should be a strategic pick to bring in voters and win. We do not want another 4 years of democrats in office.

If the only way Trump can win is with some one inside the political establishment than this country deserves 4 more years of Democrats.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Has Trump decided VP? - 11/25/23

If the only way Trump can win is with some one inside the political establishment than this country deserves 4 more years of Democrats.
He has a far better chance of pleasing his base if he stays clear of anyone and anything that is either a politician or an attorney.
© 24hourcampfire