S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by GeoW
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
I would prefer somebody who has won an elected public office at least once.

Why should that be a requisite?

Pompeo was elected to the United States House of Representatives in 2010
Pompeo is Deep State

If Trump picks another Deep State operative he has learned nothing.

Last edited by steve4102; 11/23/23.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
No can do.
She's a gold digger and goes whichever way the wind blows.
A longtime Arizona TV news anchor, Lake donated to the Democratic candidate for president in 2004 (John Kerry) and 2008 (Obama)

[Linked Image from arizonadailyindependent.com]

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
K
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Kristi Noem

B
byd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Haley
But I don’t watch much TV
So if they are not busting each other’s chops
That’s who I think he will pick

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Trump won without having won elected office before, but I doubt we will see another Trump for a while.

Someone with a track record of winning would help Trump. I think it should be a strategic pick to bring in voters and win. We do not want another 4 years of democrats in office.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Calvin

Agreed

Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Assuming someone who know something about campaigns and getting elected (few and far between in Republican politics) is advising him, he will be picking a popular governor or senator from a major swing state. One state like PA, MI, AZ, GA or WI could be and probably will be the difference.

Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Trump will not pick Tucker Carlson or Kari Lake. They would appeal to the people who would vote for Trump already. He needs to pick someone who would get him votes he would not get anyway. Niki Haley is very popular with suburban women, a voting demographic which Trump badly needs.

2000 called and wants its political theory back.

And this is why republicans have such a difficult time winning.

The writing is on the wall. Adapt or go extinct.

The people are fed up with career politicians.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Noem or Haley may be good choices. Knowing neither one or the other personally but only from their public appearances, I tend to favor Haley for while attending USC in Cola, SC, my daughter came into contact with Governor Haley and her family at the theater where she worked and where they attended movie pictures from time to time. My daughter spoke very well of them, how they were down to earth people and not appearing to be "better than us" considering her elected position. Noem appears to be the same. I just don't know anyone who has come into contact with her or her family.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hope not Haley, She lost any of my support when She chose to try and eradicate Confederate History. She will pander to those that are against us. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
They have been trying to separate Trump from his base since day one, nothing has worked.

It is said that only Trump himself can destroy the bond with his supporters.

Picking Haley, a neocon, Warhawk, backstabbing Establishment Swamp Dweller is one sure way for Trump to do just that.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive
No can do.
She's a gold digger and goes whichever way the wind blows.
A longtime Arizona TV news anchor, Lake donated to the Democratic candidate for president in 2004 (John Kerry) and 2008 (Obama)

[Linked Image from arizonadailyindependent.com]

Yeppers, but she saw the light!
Remember, Trump was a big (D) supporter for a long time! He was a big development guy and needed support from both sides at times.

Don't misunderstand, I don't know that she's the best pick, i just think she would be good.
Gov. Noem is another good one. How about Boebert from CO?

Before you go off and say "women can't di the job", think about Golda Mier, Margaret Thatcher and Indira Ghandi.
All held their ground just fine.
I agree that the middle east holds women in low esteem.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Trump won without having won elected office before, but I doubt we will see another Trump for a while.

Someone with a track record of winning would help Trump. I think it should be a strategic pick to bring in voters and win. We do not want another 4 years of democrats in office.

If the only way Trump can win is with some one inside the political establishment than this country deserves 4 more years of Democrats.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

If the only way Trump can win is with some one inside the political establishment than this country deserves 4 more years of Democrats.
He has a far better chance of pleasing his base if he stays clear of anyone and anything that is either a politician or an attorney.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (160user, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 55 invisible), 2,416 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,520
Posts18,472,585
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.