Home
Posted By: jimdgc Howling - 12/09/23
Son is here for a visit and his dog howls at Subway commercials. Doesn’t do it any other time. He can be in another room when one comes on and it sets him off. Any idea what triggers this?
Posted By: Beretta_Shooter916 Re: Howling - 12/09/23
Charles BARKley
Posted By: BigNate Re: Howling - 12/09/23
Pretty simple really, they are transmitting a sound out of your range that's annoying to the dog. Likely in an effort to subliminally program you to eat their crap.

McDonald's filed for a 5g subconscious advertising copyright.
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: Howling - 12/09/23
[quote=BigNate]Pretty simple really, they are transmitting a sound out of your range that's annoying to the dog. Likely in an effort to subliminally program you to eat their crap.

Or beat yer dawg.......
Posted By: Rick n Tenn Re: Howling - 12/09/23
That is a smart dog .
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Howling - 12/09/23
The music maybe?
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Howling - 12/09/23
Our remote has a mute button. We NEVER listen to commercials.
Posted By: reivertom Re: Howling - 12/09/23
My Sister had a dog that went into a trance like seizure when the Wheel of Fortune music and the ding ding ding went off. Nutty dog.
Posted By: plumbum Re: Howling - 12/09/23
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
Charles BARKley

You are not getting the credit you deserve for that one!
Posted By: slumlord Re: Howling - 12/09/23
Subway does a great job of finding pedophiles and anti American lesbians to pitch their slimy lumchmeat sandwiches.

The dog is alerting to evil

If anyone is too old, aloof and too stupid to use the search bar to know what I’m referring to, well piss on ya
Posted By: Adams Re: Howling - 12/09/23
My German Shepherd (Gunnar R.I.P.) barked at every insurance commercial no matter which company was advertising. Even if he wasn't in the room when the commercial started he'd coming running into the room and bark at the television. He definitely heard things I couldn't consciously hear.

Also on television he hated and would growl and bark at shadows or people in all dark clothing. If they were being sneaky he didn't like that. Anyone attacking someone he came unglued.

When he was about 10 weeks old I was watching "Where The Red Fern Grows". When the seen came where the young boy had just picked up his puppies and was walking and the other kids started riding up with their bikes and started to surround him he went right up to the television and started growling. I was amazed he knew what was about to happen at 10 weeks old.

Miss that dog.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Howling - 12/09/23
Originally Posted by Adams
My German Shepherd (Gunnar R.I.P.) barked at every insurance commercial no matter which company was advertising. Even if he wasn't in the room when the commercial started he'd coming running into the room and bark at the television.

German shepherds revery perceptive and instinctively know that insurance sellers are all snakes in the grass.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Howling - 12/09/23
My son's family adopted a young German Shepherd...great family dog, but it goes nuts over people of darker skin color...just nuts. Unfortunately the USPS man is very dark...and he said no more rural mail delivery until the dog is confined. So the poor dog is kenneled all day during the week. Also, unfortunately, their two blue heelers thought that was fun raising hell with the African, now they are locked up during the day too...ain't easy being a dog.
Posted By: Gibby Re: Howling - 12/09/23
Originally Posted by flintlocke
My son's family adopted a young German Shepherd...great family dog, but it goes nuts over people of darker skin color...just nuts. Unfortunately the USPS man is very dark...and he said no more rural mail delivery until the dog is confined. So the poor dog is kenneled all day during the week. Also, unfortunately, their two blue heelers thought that was fun raising hell with the African, now they are locked up during the day too...ain't easy being a dog.

GSD are smart
Posted By: Steve Re: Howling - 12/09/23
Lost our lab a couple months ago. He hated the morning news. He'd beg to go outside or in the garage when my wife would turn it on.
Posted By: 7mm_Loco Re: Howling - 12/09/23
Corporate Dog Whistle... buy our slop...
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Howling - 12/10/23
We moved here in winter, first spring the Belding's ground squirrels came up when the ground thawed. Locals call them "squeaks" for good reason.

Breeze the whippet caught and killed two of them invading the yard. He must have had a blast killing them. About the same time Dawn dish soap was running a commercial with them degreasing oiled up ducklings. Right at the end of the commercial the duckling started squeaking. Breeze would wake from whatever room he was in and bolt out the dog door as he just knew them damn squirrels were invading again and he was itching to kill some more.
© 24hourcampfire