Hop To
#18996929 12/08/23
J
jimdgc Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Son is here for a visit and his dog howls at Subway commercials. Doesn’t do it any other time. He can be in another room when one comes on and it sets him off. Any idea what triggers this?

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Charles BARKley

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Pretty simple really, they are transmitting a sound out of your range that's annoying to the dog. Likely in an effort to subliminally program you to eat their crap.

McDonald's filed for a 5g subconscious advertising copyright.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[quote=BigNate]Pretty simple really, they are transmitting a sound out of your range that's annoying to the dog. Likely in an effort to subliminally program you to eat their crap.

Or beat yer dawg.......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That is a smart dog .

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The music maybe?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Our remote has a mute button. We NEVER listen to commercials.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
My Sister had a dog that went into a trance like seizure when the Wheel of Fortune music and the ding ding ding went off. Nutty dog.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
Charles BARKley

You are not getting the credit you deserve for that one!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Subway does a great job of finding pedophiles and anti American lesbians to pitch their slimy lumchmeat sandwiches.

The dog is alerting to evil

If anyone is too old, aloof and too stupid to use the search bar to know what I’m referring to, well piss on ya

IC B3

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
My German Shepherd (Gunnar R.I.P.) barked at every insurance commercial no matter which company was advertising. Even if he wasn't in the room when the commercial started he'd coming running into the room and bark at the television. He definitely heard things I couldn't consciously hear.

Also on television he hated and would growl and bark at shadows or people in all dark clothing. If they were being sneaky he didn't like that. Anyone attacking someone he came unglued.

When he was about 10 weeks old I was watching "Where The Red Fern Grows". When the seen came where the young boy had just picked up his puppies and was walking and the other kids started riding up with their bikes and started to surround him he went right up to the television and started growling. I was amazed he knew what was about to happen at 10 weeks old.

Miss that dog.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Adams
My German Shepherd (Gunnar R.I.P.) barked at every insurance commercial no matter which company was advertising. Even if he wasn't in the room when the commercial started he'd coming running into the room and bark at the television.

German shepherds revery perceptive and instinctively know that insurance sellers are all snakes in the grass.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
My son's family adopted a young German Shepherd...great family dog, but it goes nuts over people of darker skin color...just nuts. Unfortunately the USPS man is very dark...and he said no more rural mail delivery until the dog is confined. So the poor dog is kenneled all day during the week. Also, unfortunately, their two blue heelers thought that was fun raising hell with the African, now they are locked up during the day too...ain't easy being a dog.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by flintlocke
My son's family adopted a young German Shepherd...great family dog, but it goes nuts over people of darker skin color...just nuts. Unfortunately the USPS man is very dark...and he said no more rural mail delivery until the dog is confined. So the poor dog is kenneled all day during the week. Also, unfortunately, their two blue heelers thought that was fun raising hell with the African, now they are locked up during the day too...ain't easy being a dog.

GSD are smart

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lost our lab a couple months ago. He hated the morning news. He'd beg to go outside or in the garage when my wife would turn it on.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Corporate Dog Whistle... buy our slop...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We moved here in winter, first spring the Belding's ground squirrels came up when the ground thawed. Locals call them "squeaks" for good reason.

Breeze the whippet caught and killed two of them invading the yard. He must have had a blast killing them. About the same time Dawn dish soap was running a commercial with them degreasing oiled up ducklings. Right at the end of the commercial the duckling started squeaking. Breeze would wake from whatever room he was in and bolt out the dog door as he just knew them damn squirrels were invading again and he was itching to kill some more.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (007FJ, 21, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 71 invisible), 2,587 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,088
Posts18,482,916
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.