Home
This is stunning.

https://twitter.com/simonateba/status/1749890344181711073
More:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ried-bribe-Kari-Lake-not-run-Senate.html

An audio recording obtained by DailyMail.com reveals the extraordinary moment when what appears to be Arizona's top Republican official tried to bribe populist firebrand Kari Lake not to run in the state's Senate race.

Jeff DeWit, 51, chair of the Arizona Republican Party, can be heard asking Lake, a close ally of Donald Trump, to name her price to stay out of politics for two years.

'There are very powerful people who want to keep you out,' he tells her in a conversation recorded at the start of March last year.

DeWit tells Lake, 54, one of the most public faces of the former president's MAGA movement and a woman frequently spoken of as a 2024 vice-presidential pick, that he thinks Trump will lose and it is time to make way for someone else.

After asking her not to mention the conversation to anyone, he makes his first offer.

So the ask I got today from back east was: "Is there any companies out there or something that could just put her on the payroll to keep her out?’

Lake reacts with indignation.

'This is about defeating Trump and I think that's a bad, bad thing for our country,' she said.

Later, DeWit, who was chief operating officer on the Trump's 2020 campaign frames it differently.

'Just say, is there a number at which....' he begins.

Lake cut in: 'I can be bought? That's what it's about.

'You can take a pause for a couple of years. You can go right back to what you're doing.'

Lake repeatedly rebuffs him and says she wouldn't do it for a billion dollars.

'This is not about money, it's about our country,' she says.

Lake described what happened to an audience at the Conservative Political Action Committee last year. 'They called me before and said I got to talk to you in person. It's can't be done over the phone,' she said, as she revealed how an unnamed person had tried to buy her off

Two sources confirmed DeWit's identity as the speaker.

He and his press secretary did not respond to multiple requests for comment. Lake's office also did not respond.

At the time of their conversation, Lake was publicly mulling a run for the U.S. Senate.

And the episode reveals the tensions triggered after she refused to accept defeat in the 2022 Arizona governor race.

She emerged as a national figure, becoming a regular on Fox News as she echoed Trump's election denialism. That put her at odds with the more traditional wing of the Republican Party who feared a new breed of Trump loyalist may alienate big donors.

In October, she announced her run.

Lake has previously discussed the extraordinary effort to keep her out of the race, but never revealed who was behind it.

On Monday, Arizona talk show host Garret Lewis named DeWit, who was elected chairman of the party in January last year.

He was state treasurer of the party before being appointed by Trump to be NASA's chief financial officer.

Arizona party officials quickly called for him to step down as news of his offer to Lake spread.

Lake is frequently talked about as possible vice presidential pick for Trump's 2024 ticket

'If this is, in fact, true, I'm asking AZGOP Chairman Jeff DeWit to resign." said Maricopa County Republican Committee Chairman Craig Berland.

It is latest in a string of scandals to hit state Republican Parties. Earlier this month the Florida party ousted its chairman after the police said he was being investigated for sexual assault.

The new 10-minute audio clip includes DeWit asking for secrecy.

'If you say no, its fine, it's your choice, don't tell people,' he tells Lake.

Later he sets out the rationale behind the offer.

'I think what it really comes down to for a lot of people, it’s not about like control or agenda,' he says. 'It's about the ability to raise money to win.'

Lake sticks to her guns.

'I don't want to make a deal with these kinds of people. This is a hill worth dyingon,' she said.

'I'm not ... if they're gonna steal the election to make me and our movement go away. I'm not letting them do that.

'I owe it to the people of Arizona to carry their torch and voice.'

Lake has been on the campaign trail for Trump during the past month, spending time in Iowa and New Hampshire to encourage supporters to vote. She is seen here at a rally in Rochester, new Hampshire, on Sunday

Lake revealed the approach days after it happened. She used an appearance at the Conservative Political Action Conference to describe how someone had shown up at her door.

'They called me before and said I got to talk to you in person. It's can't be done over the phone,' she said.

She described being asked to name her price for getting out of politics for two years.

'Now I'm going to be honest, at that very moment. I wanted to sic my dog on him,' she told the audience in Orlando Florida.

'But I have a pug and it wasn't gonna happen.'
Dude!

is that Flake talking to her? She mentioned "Jeff"

Ah, both of us typing at same time. DeWitt.
Jeff DeWitt, Chairman of the AZ Republican Party

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_DeWit

Edit: And again. wink
Was it stated the convo would be recorded?
Stunning? Not at all. It's what's been going on with political insiders for decades, if not centuries. Politicians in general, regardless of which letter follows their names, could walk under a rattlesnake's belly while wearing an Abe Lincoln stovepipe hat. They're the lowest of the low, and they're more slimy than the scum on a Louisiana bayou! In the words of Mark Twain- - - -"Dog ticks, Bed ticks, and Politics- - - -they're all a bunch of parasites!"
There’s no one I can think of to put my trust in for my VP were I to choose.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Stunning? Not at all. It's what's been going on with political insiders for decades, if not centuries. Politicians in general, regardless of which letter follows their names, could walk under a rattlesnake's belly while wearing an Abe Lincoln stovepipe hat. They're the lowest of the low, and they're more slimy than the scum on a Louisiana bayou! In the words of Mark Twain- - - -"Dog ticks, Bed ticks, an Politics- - - -they're all a bunch of parasites!"

How did your noble ancestors allow that?
Does it matter? Az is a one party consent state.

Do you think he would have had the conversation if he knew he was going to be recorded? He didn't even want to have the conversation over the phone.

Dude stepped on his dick. Be interesting if he faces any consequences or just gets promoted into a beltway job.
Originally Posted by Steve

Do you think he would have had the conversation if he knew he was going to be recorded? He didn't even want to have the conversation over the phone.

Dude stepped on his dick. Be interesting if he faces any consequences or just gets promoted into a beltway job.

Yes, it matters, Hillary.

Az has laws.
Jeff DeWit, 51, chair of the Arizona Republican Party
My ancestors walked the Trail of Tears after being betrayed by Andrew Jackson. How did your ancestors who swung through the trees in the jungle make out?
Again, Az is a one party consent state regarding recording of conversations. <- Laws.
Originally Posted by Jcubed

Az has laws.

Seems Steve has it right. One party consent

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ftsa&q=AZ+law+on+recording+conversations&ia=web
Again, Az is a one party consent state regarding recording of conversations. <- Laws.

Well, go change them...

What is your problem with telling someone they will be recorded for the record?

Seems odd.

Well, go change them...

Seems odd.

"Gee wizz Jeff, I think you might be preparing to offer me an illegal bribe. Mind if I record this conversation?"

"Sure Kari, no problem. I've always wanted to see the inside of a federal prison. Can you send me a copy so I can prove I made the offer to the very powerful people who want to keep you out?"
Just the swamp doing swamp things.
Can anyone here give a valid argument against the uniparty being a real thing? I already know that answer. The establishment repubs are as bad as the demonrats. They all need to go away! Stop blindly voting straight "R" tickets and get these f uckers out of office

Well, go change them...

Seems odd.

That's about the most naive thing I've ever read on the fire.
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana

Well, go change them...

Seems odd.

How so?
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Az has laws.

What does that mean?

So, when the "Rs" were in charge it was cool?
That’s to be admissible in court?

How about to out a dirt bag?
If you are intent on catching the dirty actors in politics, the absolute worst way to do it is to tell them they're being recorded and/or give them the option of a choice. You think they're stupid?
I should be more surprised than I am.

I bet this conversation happens all the time in national, state and local politics.

Indians have never been known for being very savvy when it comes to those sorts of things.
If you are intent on catching the dirty actors in politics, the absolute worst way to do it is to tell them they're being recorded and/or give them the option of a choice. You think they're stupid?

Why?

You could have rooted them out before you and Svevlanka ever became a thing...
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
I should be more surprised than I am.

I bet this conversation happens all the time in national, state and local politics.
It absolutely does. Politicians are the scum of the earth!
So that's the bigger 'sin'. Recording a conversation that you are a party to where you are offered a bribe. Not the bribe offer?

In-Fucing-credable.
So that's the bigger 'sin'. Recording a conversation that you are a party to where you are offered a bribe. Not the bribe offer?

In-Fucing-credable.

No, that it got to this point is a sin.
Check your premises.
Okay, let's get back to the point.

The head of the Republican party in AZ was trying to bribe Kari Lake not to run. Lake has incontrovertible proof of it.

What is the opinion of the fire on this matter and how will it all play out.

(and please for the love of all that's good don't get hung up on my use of the word 'incontrovertible'.)
Also it says something to the integrity of Lake that she turned it down.

The head of the Republican party in AZ was trying to bribe Kari Lake not to run. Lake has incontrovertible proof of it.

(and please for the love of all that's good don't get hung up on my use of the word 'incontrovertible'.)

Unless she told him she was recording, she has nothing...

Per the state laws of az.

It is literally a wag the dog moment.

But I'm not a JD

He will lose his position.

The remaining leaders will pretend it was one bad apple rather than an endemic part of the political culture in the country.

The show will go on but with a different actor as lead.
But I'm not a JD

I am not convinced you can even read.
I'd like to know who the people are behind the curtain that sent Jeff DeWitt on this mission.
Originally Posted by Stickfight
But I'm not a JD

How did I respond?
But I'm not a JD

How did I respond?

Poorly, repeatedly.
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
I'd like to know who the people are behind the curtain that sent Jeff DeWitt on this mission.

This!

And I hope there are a lot of squirming dirt bags in DC and all over the country.
Let AZ take care of AZ issues, if they are capable.

Why?

WTF does that even mean?

But I'm not a JD

Single party state means that only one person has to know the conversation is being recorded - that would be Kari Lake. What she did was perfectly legal and useful in a court of law, so long as they can identify the second party.
By JD I didn't mean Jeff De Witt (sp?)

I meant juris doctor (JD)

No one will pressure him to turn states evidence. In fact he'll probably be offered a deal to keep his mouth shut.

Jeff DeWitt did not commit suicide.

Why?

WTF does that even mean?

But I'm not a JD

Single party state means that only one person has to know the conversation is being recorded - that would be Kari Lake. What she did was perfectly legal and useful in a court of law, so long as they can identify the second party.

Good for her.
Lake reacts with indignation.

'This is about defeating Trump and I think that's a bad, bad thing for our country,' she said.

A glaring glimpse of the obvious: DeSantis could have told them the same thing. But he didn't. He and his wife took the money instead and went for it. And lost. I hope the Weasel winds-up in jail.

Thanks for posting this Steve. Seems a lot of people need to be repeatedly hit over the head with a 2x4 to understand what's happening.
Steve,

Have you read the law?

It should be yuge, but likely won’t hear of it elsewhere.
What would be huge is if Jag could prove Trump is the President.
I suspect it happens from school board elections and on up the chain.
Steve,

Have you read the law?

Ariz. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 13-3012
Exemptions

The following are exempt from the provisions of this chapter:

9. The interception of any wire, electronic or oral communication by any person, if the interception is effected with the consent of a party to the communication or a person who is present during the communication, or the installation of a pen register or trap and trace device with the consent of a user or subscriber to the service.

Now let's please stop.

Az has laws.

What does that mean?

no, it's never been cool to offer bribes to stop a candidate.

not sure if it's ever been cool to record a conversation with only the one party knowing about it, but that is the reality in some jurisdictions. In others it may be illegal or at least inadmissible in legal proceedings.

pretty easy it would seem, in those areas where it's allowed, for it to be abused by setting someone up to be entrapped.

But I'm not a JD

What??????????

It has been stated over and over that Az is a one party consent state. Lake is the one party to give consent.

Unless these statements are incorrect. Lake did everything perfectly appropriately.

It is wise to remember that every person walking in America today has an audio/video recorder in their pocket.
Entrapment is when you induce someone to do something they wouldn’t have done on their own. Recording someone who is clearly offering you a bribe is not an entrapment, any more than recording your estranged wife saying she is going to lie to the court and claim you molested your kids.

He will lose his position.

The remaining leaders will pretend it was one bad apple rather than an endemic part of the political culture in the country.

The show will go on but with a different actor as lead.

I think this is how it will play out as well.

Yes indeed.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

But I'm not a JD

What??????????

It has been stated over and over that Az is a one party consent state. Lake is the one party to give consent.

Unless these statements are incorrect. Lake did everything perfectly appropriately.

It is wise to remember that every person walking in America today has an audio/video recorder in their pocket.

Read the law.
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler
I suspect it happens from school board elections and on up the chain.

And has happened since Adam drew his first breath. Man is more jealous of few things than he is power over other men.

Well, go change them...

Seems odd.

Wait I thought you were concerned that the recording was lawful?

No?

Leftist style tossing stuff against the wall to see what sticks then moving the goalposts.

What a POS you are.
Originally Posted by efw

Well, go change them...

Seems odd.

No?

Leftist style tossing stuff against the wall to see what sticks then moving the goalposts.

What a POS you are.

Again, have you read the law?
Stunning? Not at all. It's what's been going on with political insiders for decades, if not centuries. Politicians in general, regardless of which letter follows their names, could walk under a rattlesnake's belly while wearing an Abe Lincoln stovepipe hat. They're the lowest of the low, and they're more slimy than the scum on a Louisiana bayou! In the words of Mark Twain- - - -"Dog ticks, Bed ticks, and Politics- - - -they're all a bunch of parasites!"
Notice, he didn't deny the last election wasn't stolen. What he didn't say, says volumes. I wonder if Mitch McConnel was one of those "people back east" ? I'm betting it was. Along with most of the republicans in the Senate.

For those that don't know, Kari was born and raised in Iowa before she moved to Arizona.

I think this just cemented Kari's future position as the VP in the Trump administration.

kwg
Wow

I bet it begins with a Ronna and ends with McDowell…along with a big helping of Bush-Romney-Rove…
Probably be passed off as an ai deepfake. Whether it is or not, who knows. That’s the latest thing politicians use to get out of stuff.
Originally Posted by efw

Well, go change them...

Seems odd.

No?

What a POS you are.

Again, have you read the law?

I posted the law. Have you read it?
Originally Posted by Calvin
Probably be passed off as an ai deepfake. Whether it is or not, who knows. That’s the latest thing politicians use to get out of stuff.

You're probably right. Except there might be more than one witness.

Curious how it plays out. Can’t believe what you see or hear anymore. Sad state of affairs.
She better be careful. First attempt is usually the carrot. The second is a stick.
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Wow

I'd agree.

What do you guys think about a third presidential term?
C’mon man…
My ancestors walked the Trail of Tears after being betrayed by Andrew Jackson. How did your ancestors who swung through the trees in the jungle make out?
Swingin, walkin, or ridin a mule, here we are...
Originally Posted by ironbender
C’mon man…

Do you think that?
It's like arguing the age of the universe with Ringman...
Originally Posted by GeoW
Let AZ take care of AZ issues, if they are capable.

We haven’t done very well with that. Lake ran for governor and the democrat Secretary of State who was overseeing the election took office. Republican candidate for attorney general “lost” to a democrat. Republican candidate for US Senate “lost” to a democrat. According to Fox News “with 10% of the vote counted we are calling Arizona for Biden.

Board of Supervisors in our county delayed certifying the election. Democrat attorney general has filed felony charges against them. Mohave County board of supervisors were scheduled to vote on hand counting ballots in the next election. Democrat attorney general told them state law requires ballots be machine counted. Recently read the democrat governor is preparing to let illegals in Arizona vote in the next federal election.

Politicians and bureaucrats in Arizona are so crooked they have to be screwed into ground when they die. Thinking John McCain and Dennis deconcini here.
This is one helluva audition tape for Trump's V-P pick....

laugh
Gonna be interesting to watch the next year.

Thing of it is, Sycamore and others of his ilk approve of these and other methods these schitbags use.
Steve he's too dumb to understand one party consent. dont waste your time on this obtuse idiot

Steve,

Have you read the law?

Ariz. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 13-3012
Exemptions

The following are exempt from the provisions of this chapter:

9. The interception of any wire, electronic or oral communication by any person, if the interception is effected with the consent of a party to the communication or a person who is present during the communication, or the installation of a pen register or trap and trace device with the consent of a user or subscriber to the service.

Now let's please stop.
PLEASE stop responding to jcubed - he loves ruining threads

Az has laws.

What does that mean?

not sure if it's ever been cool to record a conversation with only the one party knowing about it, but that is the reality in some jurisdictions. In others it may be illegal or at least inadmissible in legal proceedings.

pretty easy it would seem, in those areas where it's allowed, for it to be abused by setting someone up to be entrapped.
How would recording a f ucking criminal doing criminal things be an issue exactly?
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Gonna be interesting to watch the next year.

Thing of it is, Sycamore and others of his ilk approve of these and other methods these schitbags use.

We must destroy our republic to save our sacred democracy!!
C’mon man…

Do you think that?
Im convinced your a bot. That or you are terrible at having a conversation
Originally Posted by gunchamp
C’mon man…

Do you think that?

So, tell me something.

Phone records, tracking might beat the AI lie..
Quit pretending this is a surprise….

This is just Mitch McConnell crap.

Most casual political observers have absolutely no idea how McConnell works. However, for over a decade CTH has been trying –mostly failing– to awaken the base of common sense voters. In 2010, 2011 and 2012 the #1 priority for McConnell was to destroy the threat represented by the Tea Party. In 2022 we were seeing an exact replay of the same McConnell intents and purposes, only this time the target was President Trump’s MAGA movement.

It is a motive and agenda all wrapped up in the senate power structure. McConnell does not fear being in the minority; the color of the flag atop the spire of the UniParty senate does not matter to those underneath it. McConnell maneuvers with just as much power in the minority as he does in the majority; factually, he makes more money selling his DeceptiCon caucus votes to Chuck Schumer (on behalf of Wall Street) than he does in the majority where he is forced to purchase them. The entire thing is a rigged-game.

For those who follow the deep weeds of politics, McConnnell’s schemes are brutally transparent.

Good for Kari Lake to stand firm and tell them to get stuffed.

Sundance

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Phone records, tracking might beat the AI lie..

So, you don't get it either .
who did the recording? Lake?
Has Lake commented on it yet? Given her recent endorsements she probably would rather this not go public. Not to mention she’s going to be know as a conversation recorder.

Who released it?
Originally Posted by kwg020
Notice, he didn't deny the last election wasn't stolen. What he didn't say, says volumes.
. . .
kwg

I agree.

Originally Posted by kwg020
. . .

I think this just cemented Kari's future position as the VP in the Trump administration.

kwg

I don't know about that, but it sure won't hurt and will likely help. I'll bet Trump has something to say about it all and I'm looking forward to hear from him on this.
PoS DeSantis could have done this. But he chose to be a Snake instead.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
This is one helluva audition tape for Trump's V-P pick....

laugh

Trump is considering VP picks and this gets released. She's no fool
Has Lake commented on it yet? Given her recent endorsements she probably would rather this not go public. Not to mention she’s going to be know as a conversation recorder.

How is that a bad thing?

In this technical society, it would be wise to believe one is recorded 24/7, on the street, in your car, in the park, in the stores, and through any uncovered windows in your home.
Catch the part where he is "kidding" about turning the key on his car and it go's "Boom"
In my job it’s routine to record without telling anyone, just to cover my azz. Years of being accused of stupid chitt taught me that lesson.
Politicians should have a transmitter or recorder implanted in their vocal cords. All information publicly disclosed.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Politicians should have a transmitter or recorder implanted in their vocal cords. All information publicly disclosed.

Body Cams. Mandatory. Uploaded to the cloud instantly. Don't have to wait for Mike Johnson.
You know this stuff goes on; but actually hearing the voices brings it home. Like when I first listened to the Nixon tapes and you actually hear the POTUS approve payments to the burglars of the DNC HQ.
C’mon man…

Do you think that?

Lol, he's not a bot but he is smarter than you.......Just ask him.
Cramersez on Instagram has the recording. Pretty interesting.
Originally Posted by rainshot
There’s no one I can think of to put my trust in for my VP were I to choose.

Y O U W I L L. smile

Az has laws.

What does that mean?

How would recording a f ucking criminal doing criminal things be an issue exactly?

in some jurisdictions one has an expectation of not being recorded without their consent. Whether they are involved in something criminal or not. Unless a warrant for it has been issued by a judge.

therefor, in some places it's an issue in legal proceedings regardless of whether you or I or the Popo are doing the recording
Originally Posted by DJT
“surround myself only with the best and most serious people” – adding: “We want top-of-the-line professionals.”

Originally Posted by wiki
Jeffrey James DeWit[1] (born December 21, 1972) is an American businessman and politician who is serving as the Chairman of the Arizona Republican Party since 2023. A member of the Republican Party, DeWit became the State Treasurer of Arizona in 2015, succeeding Doug Ducey. DeWit said in 2016 that he did not plan to seek re-election in 2018. In 2017, President Trump nominated him to be chief financial officer of NASA.[2] His nomination as chief financial officer of NASA was confirmed by the U.S. Senate in March 2018. He resigned from NASA in February 2020 and joined Trump's 2020 campaign later that year.

Az has laws.

What does that mean?

in some jurisdictions one has an expectation of not being recorded without their consent. Whether they are involved in something criminal or not. Unless a warrant for it has been issued by a judge.

therefor, in some places it's an issue in legal proceedings regardless of whether you or I or the Popo are doing the recording

Your expectations don’t trump the law. This isn’t about the police conducting illegal surveillance. It’s about ordinary people who choose to record their interaction with others. They’re not required to get your consent, whether it’s a person audio recording you or a store using a CCTV recorder. Some may give the courtesy of notifying you you’re being recorded (as an additional theft deterrrent), but they’re not required to obtain your consent.

Same reason you can’t stop someone from filming you in a public place, and a cop can’t stop you from filming him during a traffic stop.
We've all known it has been going on for many years, but hearing it on audio is disgusting and slimy.

But I'm not a JD
The recording may not mean a thing in court but it is entirely different in the minds of everyone that hears it.

Your expectations don’t trump the law. This isn’t about the police conducting illegal surveillance. It’s about ordinary people who choose to record their interaction with others. They’re not required to get your consent, whether it’s a person audio recording you or a store using a CCTV recorder. Some may give the courtesy of notifying you you’re being recorded (as an additional theft deterrrent), but they’re not required to obtain your consent.

Same reason you can’t stop someone from filming you in a public place, and a cop can’t stop you from filming him during a traffic stop.

My expectations, where I live, are that the other party involved follows the law. Anyone I'm talking to on the phone must let me know I'm being recorded, therefor the message at the beginning of most business calls to a customer service dept.

you may want to check out more info on where you live. Most places, when in public you are correct for the most part. Private conversations are different in some jurisdictions. And private conversations, as in the one between Lake and Dewitt, are what I've been discussing here. What happens in public is.........well.........public

Just how it is here in Cali:.

https://recordinglaw.com/party-two-party-consent-states/california-recording-laws/

California Recording Law Summary:

California’s principle recording law (Cal. Penal Code § 632.) stipulates that it is a two-party consent state. In California, it is a criminal offense to use any device to record communications, whether they’re wire, oral or electronic, without the consent of everyone taking part in the communication. This means that in California you are not legally allowed to record a conversation you are taking part in unless all parties are in agreement. However, there are a few exceptions such as:

Public conversations with no expectation of privacy
Within government proceedings that are open to the public
Recording certain crimes

California also has a wiretapping law (Cal. Penal Code § 632.) which can result in criminal prosecution for the unauthorized recording of a phone line (or other media).

Here's a map of the US if you're interested. I'm not going to look up Canada as that's not under discussion here

https://recordinglaw.com/party-two-party-consent-states/
Originally Posted by Jim1611
The recording may not mean a thing in court but it is entirely different in the minds of everyone that hears it.

Indeed. It's not whether it is admissible or whether it is inadmissible, it's about what it is. And anyone who hears it knows right away what it is. Corruption at work.
Dude!

is that Flake talking to her? She mentioned "Jeff"

Ah, both of us typing at same time. DeWitt.

Sounded like Kari was trying to have her lunch when that twit called her. Lol.
Lake has verified the recording is real.

Az has laws.
One party consent or knowledge of the conversation being recorded is ALL that's required to make a recording legal and admissible as evidence in court.
Numerous states have such laws, which is the way it should be everywhere.

Yep, he stepped on his dick big time.
Bastard needs a long prison sentence, or a long drop on a short rope.
Jcubed,

You’re a fugking idiot. Go cheer for Cuckraine some more.
Originally Posted by MickeyD
Yep, he stepped on his dick big time. Bastard needs a long prison sentence, or a long drop on a short rope.

He does. But he's just the errand boy.

What we really want to know, who is he working for "back east"?

Waterboard him first and save some of that rope ..........
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Yep, he stepped on his dick big time. Bastard needs a long prison sentence, or a long drop on a short rope.

He does. But he's just the errand boy.

What we really want to know, is who is he working for "back east".

Save some of that rope ..........
Start a list:

Ronna
Mitch
Lindsay
Schmucky
Wow. Not that I didn't know that bribes and deals were a daily occurrence in politics, but this was just amazingly slimy. Like made-for-tv movie slimy.
Yep, water boarding sounds very appropriate.
We absolutely need to get names. If we actually got the names the biggest problem I can foresee would be finding enough rope to get the job done.
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
She better be careful. First attempt is usually the carrot. The second is a stick.
Recording this conversation and 'leaking it' may well prove to pretty good life insurance for Kari.

Just saying....
In Googleing this 'one party' issue as it pertains to Arizona law it appears that Arizona has a potential exception to 'one party consent' in a situation where there is a reasonable expectation of privacy in which case it may be necessary for all to be aware of the recording taking place.

Not at all sure what the full text of the applicable laws say or how it may apply in this specific situation. This is just what I Googled. Could be right, or wrong, or somewhere in between.
Obviously as an AZ resident you’re unaware of the laws right?
If this was directed at me please note that I specifically stated that the above was simply what Goole brought up and noted that I did not know what the full text of the applicable laws stated.
One party consent laws are very likely to vary from one state to another which is why I went to Google. I didn't want to have to read through perhaps several pages of laws that may pertain to a situation such as this so was looking for a brief summary.

Please enlighten us.
I’d be willing to bet the other side was recording as well. If she had accepted the bribe it would be great blackmail material in the future.

Well, go change them...

Seems odd.

How so?

do you really think folks are going to say incriminating things if they know they are being recorded?
It would be prudent for Kari to record all phone calls. It could be proven easily in court that you have no expectation of privacy using public communications. The FBI is making a lot of their arrests by accessing phone data and they can get all they want on anyone they want.

My expectations, where I live, are that the other party involved follows the law. Anyone I'm talking to on the phone must let me know I'm being recorded, therefor the message at the beginning of most business calls to a customer service dept.

you may want to check out more info on where you live. Most places, when in public you are correct for the most part. Private conversations are different in some jurisdictions. And private conversations, as in the one between Lake and Dewitt, are what I've been discussing here. What happens in public is.........well.........public

Just how it is here in Cali:.

https://recordinglaw.com/party-two-party-consent-states/california-recording-laws/

California Recording Law Summary:

California’s principle recording law (Cal. Penal Code § 632.) stipulates that it is a two-party consent state. In California, it is a criminal offense to use any device to record communications, whether they’re wire, oral or electronic, without the consent of everyone taking part in the communication. This means that in California you are not legally allowed to record a conversation you are taking part in unless all parties are in agreement. However, there are a few exceptions such as:

Public conversations with no expectation of privacy
Within government proceedings that are open to the public
Recording certain crimes

California also has a wiretapping law (Cal. Penal Code § 632.) which can result in criminal prosecution for the unauthorized recording of a phone line (or other media).

Here's a map of the US if you're interested. I'm not going to look up Canada as that's not under discussion here

https://recordinglaw.com/party-two-party-consent-states/

You’re in a two-party consent state, which is not what we’re talking about. Arizona is single-party consent, so your argument doesn’t hold water.
Gee, I guess the Republicans want to win.
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Gee, I guess the Republicans want to win.

Another leftist- “ends justify means”
Or, is this a ploy to rally the faithful around Kari?
As damning as a in your face bribe is on tape; why is there no other reporting on this event??
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Recording this conversation and 'leaking it' may well prove to pretty good life insurance for Kari.

Just saying....

Epstien
My question about the tape is; in regards to "dirty deeds done dirt cheap" who in their right mind is going to offer an illegal bribe on an unsecured or unencrypted line? In my very limited experience with sketchy shiet is it's done face to face, no witnesses, no paper trail. The rule of plausible deniability is in full effect.
Timing. Timing is everything.

Why now?
If you read the post you would realize he said this is too sensitive to say over the phone so apparently this was a face to face meeting not a phone call. It matters not what the law says about recording conversations, what matters is he said it and this reinforces what most of us think about how politics work in this country. “Back east” no doubt refers to Republican Party leadership. Could be one of several people or a group of people who thought this was a good idea.

Seven pages of comments and most of them discuss the legality of what Kari Lake did, not the sinister way politics are conducted.
It sounded really really scripted on both sides.
Originally Posted by 45_100
If you read the post you would realize he said this is too sensitive to say over the phone so apparently this was a face to face meeting not a phone call.

You got it backwards 45. He said "too sensitive to say over the phone" BECAUSE they were on the phone.
If it was a phone call Lake recorded it.

She was a dem you know
Originally Posted by SupFoo
If you read the post you would realize he said this is too sensitive to say over the phone so apparently this was a face to face meeting not a phone call.

You got it backwards 45. He said "too sensitive to say over the phone" BECAUSE they were on the phone.

Yes he did. But it was still a face to face meeting, was it not?
Originally Posted by JoeBob
It sounded really really scripted on both sides.

It did, because in something like this, both parties suspect the other is recording. When in fact both parties are recording. smile

Plus the FBI, Military Intelligence and ChiComs were probably all tapped in, so there's probably at least five recordings out there. smile smile smile

She was a dem you know

but its all good now....in fact she should be vp....bob
Originally Posted by Bob_mt

She was a dem you know

She can do a lot more good in the Senate.
Originally Posted by miguel
Originally Posted by Bob_mt

She was a dem you know

She can do a lot more good in the Senate.

Miguel...it was sarcasm...lake supported obam and john kerry.....she goes whichever way the winds blow...bob
If you read the post you would realize he said this is too sensitive to say over the phone so apparently this was a face to face meeting not a phone call. It matters not what the law says about recording conversations, what matters is he said it and this reinforces what most of us think about how politics work in this country. “Back east” no doubt refers to Republican Party leadership. Could be one of several people or a group of people who thought this was a good idea.

Seven pages of comments and most of them discuss the legality of what Kari Lake did, not the sinister way politics are conducted.
This is where Im at with this. How in the holy hell are so many of you debating the legality of this? Who cares. What should matter to us all is how corrupt the establishment is and the lengths these evil bastards are going to, to keep Trump out of office. WTF fellas? Too many people with their heads up their asses for this problem to ever get fixed
Pretty revealing about how our institutions are under the control of the organized banking and billionaire class.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Pretty revealing about how our institutions are under the control of the organized banking and billionaire class.
People naming the 'back east' people McConnell/LindseyG/etc.- they answer to a higher power, ^ ^ ^ , just like biden/bush/++++ did.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Does it surprise you? Most likely it doesn't. This is just the one we heard about and even though it's shameful it's business as usual. Backroom deals, don't you just love it!
But I'm not a JD

How did I respond?

Poorly, repeatedly.

I dont care who you are that's friggen funny... J may be cubed but his IQ was halved...
Originally Posted by Jim1611

But I'm not a JD

That says a lot...
Originally Posted by llamalover2
But I'm not a JD

How did I respond?

Poorly, repeatedly.

I dont care who you are that's friggen funny... J may be cubed but his IQ was halved...

No worries.
Just in;

This is where Im at with this. How in the holy hell are so many of you debating the legality of this? Who cares. What should matter to us all is how corrupt the establishment is and the lengths these evil bastards are going to, to keep Trump out of office. WTF fellas? Too many people with their heads up their asses for this problem to ever get fixed
So, it wasn't a telephone call, it was person to person as she states on that video.
Originally Posted by logger
So, it wasn't a telephone call, it was person to person as she states on that video.
Apparently so. And very telling
© 24hourcampfire