Home
Just that.

We use Kerry Gold
Land o' Lakes or Cabot
What ever is on sale.
Land O Lakes without the injun girl on the label.
Blu Bonny
King Soopers store brand unsalted
Canola spread.
Food lion store brand unsalted
Kerry gold when I'm feeling fancy
Kerry Gold
My wife buys Kerry Gold a lot. Échieré is as well.

If you like your butter from the US, Banner is great and from cows on only grass their whole lives.
Walmart Great Value Sweet Cream Salted Butter
Not to save money, I really like it
Store brand. Salted.

I ain't payin' what they charge for Land O Lakes butter now.. No way.
I like Land O Lakes because they got rid of the Indian and kept the landscape. It’s the American way and I’m a patriot.
Tillamook, unsalted
Store brand unsalted, but in the summer I get local Amish butter.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
What ever is on sale.

Same here.

When I retire I’m getting another milk cow. Homemade butter was the shît.
L O' L half sticks. I miss the Indian maiden, though.
Currently Danish Creamery European style with sea salt. Next up: Président Butter from France. I've been expanding my butter repertoire.
Whatever the brand that Costco sells.
Store brand salted
Posted By: EdM Re: What is your everyday butter? - 03/02/24
Originally Posted by jdunham
Kerry Gold

This though I eat very little butter. An occasional English muffin.
Butter is not yellow.
Posted By: WAM Re: What is your everyday butter? - 03/02/24
Kirkland salted from Costco.
K
Posted By: WAM Re: What is your everyday butter? - 03/02/24
Kirkland salted from Costco.
My grandma used Country Crock
Great value salted. The rest of em' got to expensive. Once it hits the butter dish it never goes back in the fridge. It's always soft and easy to spread.
Land-O-Lakes European
Very good without spending so much
Kerry Gold. Yum.
Posted By: acy Re: What is your everyday butter? - 03/03/24
Kerry Gold is, IMO, the best, however, we mostly use Kirkland or Great Value salted.
Land Of Lakes.

I loved the fact after people complained about the Indian, they got rid of the Indian and kept the land.
Dimock dairy, local to South Dakota. It's amazing
Winco store brand. It's a bit cheaper than Costco.
Members Mark from Sams.
Kerrygold
Local farmer has grass fed butter we buy when ever we can.

If not that, the Kirkland grass fed butter. It is from New zealand.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Local farmer has grass fed butter we buy when ever we can.

If not that, the Kirkland grass fed butter. It is from New zealand.

+1. I started using it a couple of months ago. It's considerably better than Kerrygold, and more affordable.
Cow?
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Butter is not yellow.

Yes it is
Whatever is cheapest. None of that oil crap though.
Originally Posted by Poconojack
Walmart Great Value Sweet Cream Salted Butter
Not to save money, I really like it

This
Costco
Store brand salted sweet cream
Real butter whatever the brand. Land O Lakes preferred. I have banned margarine from this house. My wife and kids were buying fake butter and eating my real butter.

So it is real dairy butter now, not that light butter crap.
I like Blu Bonny, great for spread and cooking too.
Originally Posted by Hastings
Real butter whatever the brand. Land O Lakes preferred. I have banned margarine from this house. My wife and kids were buying fake butter and eating my real butter.

My buddy and his wife use margarine.

Schitt has a odd taste

Land O Lakes butter for me.
Land of lakes here,tried Kerry but it did not work for us.
Kerry Gold too.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
What ever is on sale.
The winner ^^^

kwg
Originally Posted by shootem
Butter is not yellow.

Yes it is

Beta carotene
Roll butter
Normal everyday - store brand. Special occasions - I buy cream and make my own butter.
Great Value unsalted. They ordered Kerrygold at work and it was way overly salted.
Sam's or Kroger salted. A freshman butter eater here still trying to figure out why my mom used margarine from the 50's & just had me using it for years. Why did she switch from her upbringing?

Bit we switched to butter just a few years ago & won't look back. Everything it involves is so much better. WE might be consuming more fat, but at least not more chemicals.

Knowing now, margarine is a total joke.
It sits in my everyday shoes until I get the everyday butter knife out.
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
Just that.

We use Kerry Gold
I tried that once, and it tasted like a fresh mowed hay field, smells. A nice aroma, but not on my toast...
I can't believe it's not butter
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916

My buddy and his wife use margarine.

Schitt has a odd taste
Any of the fake stuff is absolutely horrible for your health. Most countries have banned the stuff, but our politicians are easily bought.
I had no idea so many folks used real butter. Many people I've known think it's bad for ones health.
Me- Best Value unsalted from Town & Country Grocer. I just ran out- I'm going to try Kerry Gold and see if I can tell any difference.
Originally Posted by pappabear

This, and when we run out, store brand. Tried the fancy Irish stuff, but while I could taste a difference, I’m not sure it tasted better, just different. Since I almost never eat bread anymore, it’s not important.
Challenger salted
Store brand, salted for daily use. Kerry Gold when we make a nice meal for special occasions/Holidays.
Challenge or store brand salted. No more land o lake since they took away the indian girl
Kirkland brand at Costco
Get it in 4 one pound packages
Decent butter.
“Everything’s better with Blue Bonnet on it!” - margarine quarters and tub butter. Sometimes Country Crock.
When cooking with real butter during holidays we get GV Walmart, Land O Lakes or Kerry Gold.
Have you ever checked into what butter is made of? Cream, of course, but there are variations. Homemade butter is made by simply churning cream and salting to taste. Commercial butter might be made that way but more likely it's made from the whey from cheese making. Whey butter will be higher in butterfat and lower in water so it'll be harder than homemade. Soft butter will have some vegetable oil mixed in so it'll stay soft at a lower temperature. That's handy for camping because we can keep it in a cooler or RV fridge and it won't be like a rock. We never use it at home, though.

Color is determined by the cows' diet. Cows on green grass will have a darker yellow color. Feed lot cows (probably 90% of the commercial butter) eat more grain which makes the butter whiter. Natural white butter is supposed to be lower in lactose.
A few butter makers will add color. If they do, it'll be on the label. It might be called annatto. American butter makers generally don't do that, though. It's a European thing.
Originally Posted by carrollco
“Everything’s better with Blue Bonnet on it!” - margarine quarters and tub butter. Sometimes Country Crock.
When cooking with real butter during holidays we get GV Walmart, Land O Lakes or Kerry Gold.
I won't eat margarine. It's plastic. Not food. Stick a package on a shelf and leave it for a couple years. Then see what it looks like. It won't deteriorate. It'll look like it's fresh from the store. Anything that won't rot isn't food.
I accidentally did this some years back. I had a lb sitting in an old camp trailer for 10 years, literally. It didn't spoil in the least. It's full of trans fat.
Posted By: KFWA Re: What is your everyday butter? - 03/03/24
I love the taste of Kerry Gold but its too hard to spread

for cooking I just buy whatever private label they have - usually about 30% cheaper than the name brand.

Lately we've been substituting olive oil. Wife also bought some plant based butter which I refused to touch for weeks until she slipped it in and I couldn't tell the difference.

I'm sure its expensive but it has zero cholesterol and it melts, spreads and taste like butter
We use real butter. Not specific to one brand though. For sure stay away from the fake seed oil spreads. Horrible flavor and straight poison
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by pappabear

This, and when we run out, store brand. Tried the fancy Irish stuff, but while I could taste a difference, I’m not sure it tasted better, just different.

Grass-fed butter and beef is supposed to have more omega 3's than corn fed, FWIW. I don't eat much bread either, but when I do, it's gotta have a lotta buttah. Same with grits or steel cut oats.
Originally Posted by gunzo
Sam's or Kroger salted. A freshman butter eater here still trying to figure out why my mom used margarine from the 50's & just had me using it for years. Why did she switch from her upbringing?

Bit we switched to butter just a few years ago & won't look back. Everything it involves is so much better. WE might be consuming more fat, but at least not more chemicals.

Knowing now, margarine is a total joke.

margarine was one of the most advertised product introductions in the history of consumer products. Ads, politicians and scientists were bought to scare people away from butter because of "heart risks" and extol the "health benefits" of margarine.

You know, "follow the science".
Originally Posted by Dutch
margarine was one of the most advertised product introductions in the history of consumer products. Ads, politicians and scientists were bought to scare people away from butter because of "heart risks" and extol the "health benefits" of margarine.

You know, "follow the science".

I remember the "Chiffon" commercial jingle, "If you think it's butter, but it's not....."

When we were kids, it was all over TV but we changed it to "If you think it's butter but it's snot....."
We leave our butter which is real butter out on the counter in a container with a spreading knife at the ready. It doesn't spoil and spreads nicely. My father insisted on it being margarine and being refrigerated very cold to cut down on expense and usage.
Posted By: KFWA Re: What is your everyday butter? - 03/03/24
We leave our butter which is real butter out on the counter in a container with a spreading knife at the ready. It doesn't spoil and spreads nicely.

us to, I was paranoid about it spoiling but we go thru probably a stick every two days.

Wife recently bought some container specifically for leaving butter on the counter
Our butter sits out all the time. The only exception is if we leave town for a week or so. Then we'll put it in the fridge even though it probably isn't necessary. Salted will keep longer than unsalted but for us, the difference is irrelevant. I like salted better anyway.
Amish Country Roll Butter
I get the Kirkland brand grass fed stuff. Salted.

If I’m at WallyWorld, I get Plugra salted.

Occasionally will pay for Kerrygold, but I’m a cheap bastard.

Never knew how good butter was until I started buying real stuff. Grew up on Country Crock type spreads. 🤮
Originally Posted by smokepole
Grass-fed butter and beef is supposed to have more omega 3's than corn fed, FWIW. I don't eat much bread either, but when I do, it's gotta have a lotta buttah. Same with grits or steel cut oats.

True, but it's more than just "omega 3's". The entire lipid profile is shifted away from omega-6's, so also more ALA (Alpha Linoleic Acid), MCT's (Medium Chain Triglycerides) and CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid). ALA gets converted to EPA and DHA in the body (inefficiently; the same fat that makes walnuts "good for you"). MCT's stimulate metabolism and reduce fat deposition. CLA has strong anti-carcinogenic properties.

Yet, even today, with stacks and stacks of research showing the idiocy of the nutritional advice of the last 70 years, the howls of "saturated fat, saturated fat, saturated fat" echo through the halls of teaching hospitals. They haven't had their fill of being wrong, yet.
Originally Posted by oldcuss
Land o' Lakes or Cabot
L of L is about $7/# here.. Eff that... Store brand is $3.30/#. Still too high, IMHO...
Canola spread.

That stuff has no food value. Nothing eats it but dumb humans.
HEB salted organic!
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by carrollco
I won't eat margarine. It's plastic. Not food. Stick a package on a shelf and leave it for a couple years. Then see what it looks like. It won't deteriorate. It'll look like it's fresh from the store. Anything that won't rot isn't food.
I accidentally did this some years back. I had a lb sitting in an old camp trailer for 10 years, literally. It didn't spoil in the least. It's full of trans fat.

Totally agree. Most don't have a clue though.

Yep, I'd say you're right Dutch. Mom fell to the TV adds about marg. being better for you & probably quit using lard for the same reason.

Oh, and one more thing she probably heard on TV was Trichinosis warnings. She was scared of it so they she would cook pork to death. I never knew how good a piece of cured & aged ham could be when it was cooked medium, till I left home.

Freakin TV, talking folks into or out of things since it's inception.
We only use it for cooking, so it it doesn't really matter.
Finlandia or Kerry Gold
Real butter, from whoever or whoever might have it on sale.
Aldi, is great. But we rarely get to one.
unslated - usually the indian lady
We’re with Jim Conrad on this one! memtb
Salted Kerry Gold in the tub, we only refrigerate before it's been opened, so it spreads well.
The small tubs won't go bad in a week - the big tubs stayed good for a month.
We don't have a major heat problem, though. Pretty well a climate - controlled house.
I use almost no butter.
Best commercial butter ever was that French Cultured product that Trader Joe’s carried for years. It’s been discontinued. Now I buy the French Presidente band. Every so often I just make my own. Awfully easy to do.
We eat a lot, but should eat more.
Posted By: add Re: What is your everyday butter? - 03/04/24
Canola spread.

Ingredients: Vegetable oils 65% (containing 53% canola oil), water, milk solids, salt, emulsifiers (322 (from soy), 471), preservative (202), food acid (270), natural color (106a), vitamins A & D, flavor.
https://falfurriasbutter.com/
© 24hourcampfire