Home
Posted By: wabigoon Time Change? - 03/10/24
Ready for it?
Posted By: Beretta_Shooter916 Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
Still think its kinda silly and out dated

That being said, doesn't bother me that much.

Gonna go to bed when I get tired and sleep for 7 hours then get up. Will adjust the few clocks that need adjusting then. Same as when we change in the fall. Monday will get up and go to work and it will be a little bit darker out for a few weeks.

Never understood what the huge deal it was
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
I’ve never heard of it.
Posted By: rlott Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
I thought the government banned it.
Posted By: mart Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
Originally Posted by rlott

The government only bans good things.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
Nope, I just googled it...it's true, near as I can understand it, the sun comes up later or something. How do they do that? Technology is amazing
Posted By: add Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Ready for it?

[Linked Image from media3.giphy.com]
Posted By: Torqued Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
Nope, I hate it. Wish they would leave it alone
Posted By: rc82bttb Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
I never understood why people care that much about it either way. I get a kick out of people bitching about losing an hour of sleep or whatever. I could not care less about an hour either way. I'm a farmer though so sleep is not all that important to me.
Posted By: 21 Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
Here in Georgia, we'll lose an hour of rain.
Posted By: Jerry_Lundegaard Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: dale06 Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
Still think its kinda silly and out dated

That being said, doesn't bother me that much.

Gonna go to bed when I get tired and sleep for 7 hours then get up. Will adjust the few clocks that need adjusting then. Same as when we change in the fall. Monday will get up and go to work and it will be a little bit darker out for a few weeks.

Never understood what the huge deal it was

Ditto, except getting up to go to work.
Posted By: Stophel Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
For those of us who have difficulty getting up in the morning anyway, it is brutal. More torture, for absolutely NO damn good reason at all.
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
Don't let the time change get you all wound up.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
Originally Posted by mart
Originally Posted by rlott

The government only bans good things.

Bout right!
Posted By: 264mag Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
On the list of about a thousand things I wish Congress would do, this one shouldn't take more than 3 minutes to clear both houses and land on Capt.Fecalbrain's desk and yet these halfwits can't even pull that off. But they're " fighting hard for us"
GMAFB.
Posted By: Otter Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
Myself, I'm retired, so I don't really care what time the clock says it is . . . but my garden does appreciate the extra hour of growing light during DST season.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
Originally Posted by Otter
Myself, I'm retired, so I don't really care what time the clock says it is . . . but my garden does appreciate the extra hour of growing light during DST season.
Like in the summer?
Posted By: mauserand9mm Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
The milking cows will be confused and the curtains will fade.
Posted By: Verylargeboots Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
The milking cows will be confused and the curtains will fade.

The chair is against the wall
Posted By: MARCEL Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
I loved Jean Claude in that movie
Posted By: shaman Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
Time change weekend used to be one of the funniest times of the year for me, back when I was writing.

It all started back in the early 2000s. I was trolling through the NWTF forum and stumbled on a thread discussing how the onset of DST was going to affect turkey hunting. I saw this as a golden bit of material and began writing reports on the effect of DST on the turkeys. In the fall, I did the same thing with the deer. Over the years, you'd be amazed at how many people bit.

Over time, I evolved the Blackhole Institute of [Deer in fall/Turkey in spring] Studies and staffed it with various characters borrowed from other bits of my apocryphal writing. Chief of these was poor Scooter. Scooter had originally been the orphan mascot of the pro-staffers at Deer and Deer Hunting Magazine. Some folks had the idea that the pro-staffers had some central facility where we met. Mind you, there were supposed to be one pro-staffer per state, although I doubled up and did Ohio as well as Kentucky. I and a couple of other pro-staffers fed the fantasy. Yes, we had a secret facility. Yes, we all hung out together. Yes, we even kept an orphan boy named Scooter, and were teaching him how to be a consummate deer hunter. Scooter had an elaborate back story, so I borrowed him for the Black Hole Institute.

You'd be surprised how many folks treated this seriously. Some of my fellow pro-staffers were sharing email with me. We were getting questions about how we had to prove our mettle as pro-staffers (feats of strength, woodsmanship, etc.) I got a heartfelt serious email from a high-schooler in Kentucky who wanted to dedicate his life to being a pro-staffer and wanted to know how to apply.

Scooter had a rough time of it. Every season, he'd get injured trying to place the temperature probe into the buck or gobbler. Or something else would happen while studying the effect of DST on game. At one point, I announced that we'd had a breakthrough and that the Blackhole Institute was now selling an anti-DST clock.

Announcing the Anti-DST Clock
That's #3 son, Angus, playing the part of Scooter. The idea of the clock was you set it to the old time and convince the deer or turkeys that nothing's changed.

At some point the schtick with Scooter kind of wore thin. By this time it had been a decade or so. I killed off Scooter and his girlfriend in some terrible lab accident and was left with their infant son, that (of course) was adopted by the Black Hole Institute. Wash Rinse Repeat. Shortly after that D&DH and T&TH closed their forums and did away with their pro-staff. I walked away with many fun memories of thoroughly catfished readers screaming that DST had nothing to do with game behavior and a few sad memories of the souls that bought in.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
Posted By: Phoneman Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
For a 9-5 guy, it is nice to be able to come home from work and do some stuff outside without it being dark. Allows me to hunt after work in the fall.
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
Originally Posted by rc82bttb
I never understood why people care that much about it either way. I get a kick out of people bitching about losing an hour of sleep or whatever. I could not care less about an hour either way. I'm a farmer though so sleep is not all that important to me.

THIS !!!
Posted By: Scotty Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
Personally I would prefer to go to Daylight savings time and stay there.
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
This one kinda sucked...I had to get up at 0300, I woke up at 0150 and thought "Ah....one more hour of sleep." Nope! 10 more minutes of sleep! Oh well, it will buff out soon enough.
Posted By: pappabear Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
Ready for what??? It's not a big deal!
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
Well, here we are. Amazingly, the sun came up this morning and the birds are at the feeders.
I have carpal tunnel in my left hand. Actually, it's both hands but the left is a lot worse. It was acting up last night and I didn't get much sleep so I'm adjusting to the clock change by being dragged out. I'll need a long nap this afternoon. There's not much point in going to church because I'll just sleep through it.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
Just one of those things the Amish find so amusing about us.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Ready for it?
I hate std. time... Give me DST and I'll smile forever.. smile
Posted By: victoro Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
Have always hated it!
Posted By: CoureurDeBois Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
[Linked Image]

Attached picture e87e7912993ceb9036e4693d1954124f39cd5c7b4dae879a43d7e6e0caf17b6e_1-1999479775.jpg
Attached picture image.jpeg
Posted By: EIB0879 Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
I'm retired. I get up when I feel like it.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
wut?
Posted By: BFaucett Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
'
My clocks all use the Network Time Protocol (NTP) over the Internet. Maybe one day some of the folks here will join the rest of us in the 21st century.
Posted By: Teal Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24

I hope this is satire
Posted By: slumlord Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
Originally Posted by Teal

I hope this is satire

Pfft

We got people calling mineral surfaced roll, “tar paper”

JFC
Posted By: BuckHaggard Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
I wish they would leave it DST year round, but the time change doesn't affect me one way or the other. It's one hour folks, you can do this.
Posted By: milespatton Re: Time Change? - 03/10/24
I have no preference, just pick one and leave it that way. miles
Posted By: Otter Re: Time Change? - 03/11/24
Originally Posted by Teal

I hope this is satire
Yes, yes it is/was. Couldn't find the satire emoji. ;-)
© 24hourcampfire