Home
Posted By: CBB15 Amazon carburetors - 04/03/24
I need a replacement for my Honda Pressure Washer. I only need the jets and gaskets but I see whole assemblies on Amazon for a range of prices.
Any experience? Are they chit?
Posted By: Verylargeboots Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/03/24
I bought a knockoff for my John deer riding mower for $11. Works great
Posted By: mart Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/03/24
I’ve had a couple. And have one on the way for my Briggs and Stratton mower engine. Never had any issues
Posted By: Dons99 Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/03/24
I've bought a couple, weed eater and leaf blower. One lasted a season and the other is still going 3 years later. Mine were less than $20 so not much to loose. Plus they came with gas line and the bulb primer.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/03/24
What's wrong with your jets?
Posted By: killerv Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/03/24
For the money worth a shot once

I’ve bought the china replacements for weed eaters and got about a year out of them even with nonethonal or truefuel

Went through two china carbs for my Honda rancher until I finally bought an oem and haven’t had an issue since
Posted By: CBB15 Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/03/24
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
What's wrong with your jets?

I boogered one. Need a float bowl gasket now too... laugh

16100-Z9L-811 for a Honda GCV170 powered pressure washer
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/03/24
Funny thing is you never know what your going to get. I bought a starter for my jeep at 1/2 the cost of an Oreillys or autozone rebuilt, turns out it was brand new made by a company in Arkansas not China.
Posted By: K1500 Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/03/24
Bought one for a sthil weed eater. Worked fine. Bought one for a Yamaha ATV. Never got it to work great but I robbed some parts off of it for a rebuild of the factory carb. For the money it’s worth a shot.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/03/24
Originally Posted by CBB15
I need a replacement for my Honda Pressure Washer. I only need the jets and gaskets but I see whole assemblies on Amazon for a range of prices.
I've bought 3 over the years, all worked fine.
Yep. Buy a carb.
Posted By: oldwoody2 Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/03/24
Go to ADvance Auto, after their ''OVERPRICES", EVERYTHING WILL BE A BARGAIN !!!!!!
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/03/24
BIL bought a couple pure junk
Posted By: reivertom Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/03/24
Originally Posted by CBB15
I've had decent luck with the clone carbs like that for the most part. I think they were better 10 years ago than they are now. I'm running a clone on my Stihl weed eater and I've replaced several for friends with no problems except once. If you really need it fixed, and they are cheap enough, I'd buy two just for good luck.
Posted By: Crappie_Killer Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/03/24
Bought one for my wood splitter. Been going strong the past two years
Posted By: 007FJ Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/03/24
I’d love to tell you that China SheeT is garbage but they work great and are cheaper than the Carb kits
Originally Posted by earlybrd

I can confirm that on dirt bike carbs from Amazon.
Posted By: Szumi Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/03/24
I think I'll buy a spare for my Generac XG4000, it has been hard to start lately. 22 bucks, not much risk to it.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/03/24
I bought a rebuild kit for a Saw. cleaned the factory carb and left the Chinese carb in the box with the chinese piston. Used the ethanol resistant hoses and gaskets....
Posted By: Blu_Cs Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/03/24
I've used a number of them. Like Hanco says, cheaper than a carb kit, and work just fine. In fact I usually get the tune up kit which has a bunch of extra parts, for a couple more bucks, and from which I might only use a part or two. But then save the unused parts along with the old carburetor for JIC.
Posted By: GringoCazador Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/03/24
Anymore it most likely comes from China anyway so why not. I’ve bought quite a few Amazon weedeater, blower Carbs, all worked.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/03/24
I bought one for a Polaris four wheeler I just picked the middle of the road price one about 40 bucks and it's been great.
I also used one for a 16 horse Kohler engine on an older simplicity riding lawn mower and it worked great also.
honestly I can't believe how these cheap kind of carburetors do work
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/03/24
I’ve bought a couple. Both small 2stroke and not Honda. Worked fine though.

Had to replace a float bowl on a Honda small motor. Was about to buy a knockoff carb but local Honda place ordered a bowl for me. Was cheap. $10 or $15 if I recall?

Anyway, if you’ve a decent service center around, see if what they can do as far as ordering parts.
Posted By: ronc Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/03/24
Just buy a new pressure washer.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/03/24
That question came up recently on my '04 Suzuki Vinson 500 ATV. The guys at the shop said "Don't do it. It will never run right again. It will run, but not quite right. Just kit the Mikuni."

I took their advice. The biggest problem was getting the hard white scale out of the jets. We had to put the jets into an ultrasonic cleaner to soften that stuff.

Once all of the orifices were opened up, and the carb reinstalled, the bike runs better than it ever did even when brand new. This bike was always cold blooded, and needed choked hard in the summer. It took lots of cranking time to make it fire in the winter. It was this way from the time it was uncrated.

No more. It runs perfectly. The kit was a lot cheaper than even the chinese carbs from Amazon. My buddy and I spent about three hours fixing it and putting it back together.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/03/24
Lots a schit can be fixed w basic knowledge
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/03/24
Amazon is NOT the cheapest on these knockoffs.

Do they work?

So do... some SUCK.
Posted By: las Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/03/24
Originally Posted by ronc
Just buy a new pressure washer.

That's plan C for me.

My Craftsman pressure washer (Honda motor) quit kicking on and off, after just a year of use (less than a dozen times) so I bought the pressure relief valve (or whatever) for it, from the Craftsman replacement parts place, advertised as "pre-adjusted - just install" , and installed it. It was easy, too.

It promply blew all the gaskets or seals. I am going to try to fix it all myself in a couple weeks,after getting the required gaskets and seals, (I have a second pressure valve -ordered 2 before - playing with fire,I know) but I suspect I'll end up buying a DeWalt or another real pressure washer. I'm too old and impatient, not to mention pissed off - to fug around with this chit much.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/03/24
hit or miss, I'd try to buy one that has hundreds of reviews that are positive.

I've bought several over the years, seems like my biggest problem is floats sticking for atvs or mowers, but for leaf blowers or weedeaters, I've never got a bad one
Posted By: Ben_Lurkin Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/04/24
I’ve bought around 8 or so for various small engines. They’re usually $13/unit and by all appearances and measurements are a good copy of the originals. The complete carb is usually less than the rebuild kit for your original which was probably also made in China. The most recent one I bought was last week for my dad’s snowblower. It’s sat for years and was so gummed up from ethanol gas that I just tossed it. Installed the replacement. Adjusted the idle and high speed screws and it starts on the first pull. The only one I ever had trouble with was for my saw. The throttle shaft or throttle plate was just a bit too snug in the bore so it would bind. They promptly sent me a replacement which worked fine.

I think they are all made in the same Chinese factory so you may as well grab the cheapest one.
Posted By: fester Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/04/24
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by earlybrd

I can confirm that on dirt bike carbs from Amazon.
Posted By: smarquez Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/04/24
I've used 2 on Kawasaki powered golfcarts. They were worth a shot since a factory carb is around $400. They work just fine, been 3 years I think. I've had one on my Onan RV generator, OE is almost $500. It is a little bit sketch but not $470 sketchy.
Beware, sometimes the jets don't always cross over so you may not get your OE carb with Amazon jets to run right.
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/04/24
I've bought knock-off carbs from Ebay, always had great luck for a lot less money.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/04/24
Bought an eBay carb for my echo pole saw.

Less than $20 shipped for the “kit”

Which was the carb, gaskets, fuel filter, fuel line, something else…

Put that dude on.. fired right up!
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/04/24
I put one on a Honda mini-tiller. It's been working great for 2 years.
Posted By: shootem Re: Amazon carburetors - 04/04/24
Got a carb from eBay 8 or 9 years ago for a 1999 Foreman 450. Knew when I bought the Honda the carb was badly gummed and didn’t want to rebuild another. 80 bucks or so later the aftermarket was on and running. Never have adjusted it. It’s bump the starter and go still.
© 24hourcampfire