Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Anymore it most likely comes from China anyway so why not. I’ve bought quite a few Amazon weedeater, blower Carbs, all worked.

Thanks, Billy
GB4

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I bought one for a Polaris four wheeler I just picked the middle of the road price one about 40 bucks and it's been great.
I also used one for a 16 horse Kohler engine on an older simplicity riding lawn mower and it worked great also.
honestly I can't believe how these cheap kind of carburetors do work

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I’ve bought a couple. Both small 2stroke and not Honda. Worked fine though.

Had to replace a float bowl on a Honda small motor. Was about to buy a knockoff carb but local Honda place ordered a bowl for me. Was cheap. $10 or $15 if I recall?

Anyway, if you’ve a decent service center around, see if what they can do as far as ordering parts.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Just buy a new pressure washer.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
That question came up recently on my '04 Suzuki Vinson 500 ATV. The guys at the shop said "Don't do it. It will never run right again. It will run, but not quite right. Just kit the Mikuni."

I took their advice. The biggest problem was getting the hard white scale out of the jets. We had to put the jets into an ultrasonic cleaner to soften that stuff.

Once all of the orifices were opened up, and the carb reinstalled, the bike runs better than it ever did even when brand new. This bike was always cold blooded, and needed choked hard in the summer. It took lots of cranking time to make it fire in the winter. It was this way from the time it was uncrated.

No more. It runs perfectly. The kit was a lot cheaper than even the chinese carbs from Amazon. My buddy and I spent about three hours fixing it and putting it back together.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Lots a schit can be fixed w basic knowledge

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Amazon is NOT the cheapest on these knockoffs.

Do they work?

So do... some SUCK.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by ronc
Just buy a new pressure washer.

That's plan C for me.

My Craftsman pressure washer (Honda motor) quit kicking on and off, after just a year of use (less than a dozen times) so I bought the pressure relief valve (or whatever) for it, from the Craftsman replacement parts place, advertised as "pre-adjusted - just install" , and installed it. It was easy, too.

It promply blew all the gaskets or seals. I am going to try to fix it all myself in a couple weeks,after getting the required gaskets and seals, (I have a second pressure valve -ordered 2 before - playing with fire,I know) but I suspect I'll end up buying a DeWalt or another real pressure washer. I'm too old and impatient, not to mention pissed off - to fug around with this chit much.

Last edited by las; 04/03/24.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hit or miss, I'd try to buy one that has hundreds of reviews that are positive.

I've bought several over the years, seems like my biggest problem is floats sticking for atvs or mowers, but for leaf blowers or weedeaters, I've never got a bad one

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I’ve bought around 8 or so for various small engines. They’re usually $13/unit and by all appearances and measurements are a good copy of the originals. The complete carb is usually less than the rebuild kit for your original which was probably also made in China. The most recent one I bought was last week for my dad’s snowblower. It’s sat for years and was so gummed up from ethanol gas that I just tossed it. Installed the replacement. Adjusted the idle and high speed screws and it starts on the first pull. The only one I ever had trouble with was for my saw. The throttle shaft or throttle plate was just a bit too snug in the bore so it would bind. They promptly sent me a replacement which worked fine.

I think they are all made in the same Chinese factory so you may as well grab the cheapest one.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by earlybrd
BIL bought a couple pure junk

I can confirm that on dirt bike carbs from Amazon.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I've used 2 on Kawasaki powered golfcarts. They were worth a shot since a factory carb is around $400. They work just fine, been 3 years I think. I've had one on my Onan RV generator, OE is almost $500. It is a little bit sketch but not $470 sketchy.
Beware, sometimes the jets don't always cross over so you may not get your OE carb with Amazon jets to run right.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've bought knock-off carbs from Ebay, always had great luck for a lot less money.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Bought an eBay carb for my echo pole saw.

Less than $20 shipped for the “kit”

Which was the carb, gaskets, fuel filter, fuel line, something else…

Put that dude on.. fired right up!

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I put one on a Honda mini-tiller. It's been working great for 2 years.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Got a carb from eBay 8 or 9 years ago for a 1999 Foreman 450. Knew when I bought the Honda the carb was badly gummed and didn’t want to rebuild another. 80 bucks or so later the aftermarket was on and running. Never have adjusted it. It’s bump the starter and go still.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 61 invisible), 2,657 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,304
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.