Home
We are having a Spring Snow storm today and trees are taking a beating.

My god Comcast's Customer Care, in the Phillipeans is the absolute worst. You call in, From caller ID they know EVERYTHING about you. Then they want you play [bleep] stick with their text response 4 times, never considering the caller is on a land line and can't text! But when you finally get a live Philapeno on the phone, none of that information is carried over🤪 and they start with the pre- scripted questions starting with Account number? Sorry Ms. Philapeno CS agent, when First Responders told me to leave the building a 05:00 in the midst of a N'orEaster due to the tree that was on it, getting my Comcast Account number was pretty f'ing low on my priorities.

" I'm sorry, we can't do anything without an Account number"

Your automated system has all that info already, doesn't it carry over?

🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗
Dell Computer

Tracfone

Need severe beatings
Verizon

The End
That would be a tough competition. A pretty wide field of candidates. In terms of $$ involved, the builder who built my house.
Sears

Last time I bought anything there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Spectrum

Verizon
Associated Bank
Streamlight and Angi.

I had a Streamlight flashlight that was corroded when I took it out of the original packaging. Called them and sent it in by Priority Mail. USPS said it was delivered but Streamlight denied ever getting it and refused to help me in any way.

I used that ANGI service to do a minor electrical job. Charged me up front for it. The two guys who showed up spoke no English and had no ID or papers proving they were electricians.
The local Social Security Office. To get any service I told them I didn't have a computer and did not know how to read.
I didn't "use" Angi, but somehow got into it online when I was considering it. Got bugged with phone calls. Never again.
Kimber. Will no longer own anything they made.

Old70
Verizon

Dish
Any gov't agency, state or federal.
Any company that does not answer their phone, and uses automated phone tree.
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson

Broad brush on the govt. agencies. I have experienced the whole range, from horrible to outstanding. Same with private companies.

I agree on the automated phone trees. OK when they work, but a frustrating disaster when they don't, like when they take you around in circles. At some point you should have the option of talking with a real person who speaks decent English.
Any place that makes you check yourself out.
D & R sports.

It's a hunting and fishing store in Kalamazoo MI

Treated me like garbage
Windstream. Easily the most worthless telecomm service provider I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. Their equipment is junk, their lines are junk, nothing ever works, and woe be unto you if you need a service call.

They might show up five or six days later. Maybe. And if they do decide to show up, it will be at eleven o'clock on a Tuesday, and if you don't take off work to be there when they show, they won't even get out of the truck.

That entire company needs to be wiped from the face of the earth.
Amerigas Propane. The techs that came to the house were good people but the management in the office that handled everything were useless when it came to anything but selling propane.
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
The local Social Security office is horrible for customer service but the local USDA office is a pleasure to deal with.

Any government office is a bureaucracy and you have to go along with their system to do business with them. But Walmart is a bureaucracy and it is a problem working with them at times. I remember quite an issue I had with Walmart once with a tire and a road hazard warranty. If I had not brought my own calipers to prove less than 75% wear they were going to disallow my claim for a no additional cost replacement.
Hughsnet, for the win.
ANGI.
HATE that CSing bitch
Last time we went to Red Lobster. Waitress brought our drinks and took our order. She brings the wife's food. Wife gets done eating, and the waitress comes back and asks how our food was. I told her I didn't know. I never did get any. She brought us a check. Even made me pay for my beer. She was probably pissed she didn't get a tip.
CA DMV

Allstate insurance

Bank of America

American Airlines
Originally Posted by Hastings
The local Social Security Office. To get any service I told them I didn't have a computer and did not know how to read.

Actually my experience with them was one of the best. Company told me I had to apply for SSI disability in order for the company 1 year disability/medical to come into effect. Lots of people in the SSI office when I walked in and as it turned out, I and the SSI agent I was assigned to, were the only white people in the building. Told him the company was requiring me to register and he said not a problem, dude. 6 weeks later got the SSI acceptance letter.
How about the IRS?

My mother died in 2022 so I filed her returns as the executor.

After 17 months I received a letter from the IRS asking for more information in order to process her refund. They were asking for the executor order from the state which I had already attached to the original return.

Not sure this qualifies as "Customer Service" since the IRS overlords probably look at the taxpaying public as their slaves from which they extract money quickly and refund amounts due after multiple years of waiting.

Of course none of this applies to Joe's illegals who get free government money/support and don't pay taxes at all.
Spectrum ,the wife passed away in. Dec I wanted to close the account and open my own with my own bank account and direct deposit and they just wanted to add my name to her account, could not convince them that her bank account was closed and there was no money in it ,finally just closed everything and went to us cellular
I reported to the designated hospital for surgery this morning to find that the insurance company had not approved all of the items to be performed.

Head Dr in charge said, go home and catch up on a good breakfast. We are hoping for an appeal tomorrow, if we get that, we are hoping to fit you in next week or else it will be moved out another month. (Surgeries are booked out 4-6 weeks in advance)

Not in 70 years have I ever heard of an insurance company dictating what a surgeon can do. I can't tell another Aussie, its simply not believable, or legal there.
Wife and daughters work at hospital.

The stories, yeesh.
Anything automated.. I prefer human conversation as I can tell them to kiss my ass if necessary.
Several years ago I bought a Shappell hub style portable ice shack. One of the pole broke on the first use. Called Shappell and asked for a replacement part. They asked if it were cold when I used it and that the warranty may not apply.

I did get the part,
United Airlines is very consistently somewhere between underwhelming and incompetent.
Originally Posted by immature
Amerigas Propane. The techs that came to the house were good people but the management in the office that handled everything were useless when it came to anything but selling propane.

You should call Hank over at Buck Stricklands place.
Originally Posted by GeoW
Anything automated.. I prefer human conversation as I can tell them to kiss my ass if necessary.
I think that’s why so much customer service is either automated or completely unavailable by phone.
Any and all Government employee, whether in person, online or on the phone.

Despicable people .
LOWE'S yesterday. I asked them to replace my failed hot water heater that has a LIFETIME WARRANTY !!! I've never seen so much backpeddling ! I needed a replacement NOW. I went to Home Depot & bought a new one. A technician is in the basement right now installing a new one !!
Funny thing. When I saw the title to the thread Comcast junmped right into my mind. So I opened it up and the OP was complaining about Comcast. Small world. My gripe was they removed one of the channels that my late wife and I watched probably 90 percent of the time; Turner Classic Movies. I called to complain and was told if we wanted TCM we'd have to go up to a more expensive package. I said fine, cancel my contract and he refused to do it. I tld my wfe what was happening while I was disconnecting their equipment, put in the bed of my truck and went to their office. I set the stuff down on the counter and said in a rather loud voice to close my account immediately. The guy at the counter said he couldn't do that. I told him to get someone in charge before I really get mad and finally get to see the manager. Now take into account there were several people there probably looking to open or upgrade their accounts. The manager said my account is a contract and you have to wait until it comes to its conclusion. I told him he could either close my account of have the returned equipment as a suppository. He closed the account. That was more than ten years ago and we quit watching TV altogether. The only reason we even had a TV set after that was to watch movies and over the years built up a nice DVD collection.
PJ
Originally Posted by JDK
Several years ago I bought a Shappell hub style portable ice shack. One of the pole broke on the first use. Called Shappell and asked for a replacement part. They asked if it were cold when I used it and that the warranty may not apply.

I did get the part,
Lol! You’d have needed a boat and not an ice shack were it not cold.
The first thing I so is tell them I want a live Operator, Representative or what ever. The computer takes too much time to figure out why I am calling. If I need I tell the operator that I am am sorry but I am hard of hearing and tell them I need someone without an accent. I will get one. Then when I explain the problem they understand.
Pro tip for anyone tired of trying to converse with pakis and indians over an issue. I now hit the number given if you wish to speak with a spainish speaking representative. When the answer and ask you first question in spainish, apologize and tell them you must have hit the wrong button, but by chance can they help you.
They are all bilingual in english/spainish and speak very good english, in fact some are anglos working in Mexico City who transfered there for the job. Ive never been refused, and get my business done pronto.
Apple. By far.

Bought 2 iPhones and started home, my wife in a separate car. Tried to call her and couldn't understand a thing. Called Apple store from a land line and got an immediate run around. Several calls and they finally allowed we could get replacement phones, though they'd be refurbs. We said no. Wife's mother had died unexpectantly, and she needed to travel to Ohio to sort things out, and continue with her work remotely - hence the need for the new phone. She got to Ohio and they still wouldn't take care of things. I ended up driving out as well (6 hours) and we both went to the Apple Store with their "genius bar". They were ignorant, but finally took her phone out back and returned later saying it was within spec. We pleaded with them to simply take both our phones and call each other, and they staunchly refused. They finally took my phone out back and returned with the same "diagnosis" - it was "within specifications". So even though we couldn't understand each other when calling, they refused to test that and sent us packing. We walked directly to the AT&T store, threw the iPhones on the counter, rehashed the story, and they took them back. We've been android users ever since. We will never own Apple again.
Originally Posted by immature

I can't speak much to their customer service since I refuse to buy my propane from a company that won't disclose their price before you place an order, which is the way they try to operate in this area.
Todays was Pella windows have a window in a shed that cracked and let water between the panes now the frames rusting thru.Called Pella to see if I could get a lower window.Had all the info they needed.Couldn’t tell me if I could get a window they have to have someone come out to evaluate it couldn’t tell me what that would cost either.Shed not finished on the inside I’ll just take the vinyl siding off and replace the window it won’t be a Pella.
Southern California Edison. We have solar on our roof and end up with a credit from them that would get sent to us in a check. This year, no check and no heads up that that policy changed. My wife gets on the phone with them and I think the call center is in the Philippines. First the guy can't issue a check until they verify the amount, it's right there on the bill. Well, he has to add it up by the month. He comes up with a seven dollar and change discrepancy, Bullshit on all accounts. My wife asks for interest. Edison is making interest on this because we know we aren't the only ones going through this. If we didn't pay our electric bill for 4 months we would be shut off. All falling on deaf ears, we're getting a check but it will be a couple months.
Throttling HughesNet.
Beretta customer disservice on a Sako Lightweight M. Most have read the stories.
Originally Posted by Upperplainsman
Throttling HughesNet.

😃
Anytime I have to wait at a drive through window for a simple hamburger and fries.

The ENTIRE premise of the drive through is for a quick pull in and get out.
And just how in the hell can you run OUT of fries at a McDonalds in just beyond stupid.

Others are anytime I talk to any bank or anytime I have to see a doctor.
DirectTV. Absolute trash.
Chase visa card.

Out of state business trip. Card had zero balance and a 20K limit.
We called Chase and let them know when and where the card was going to be used.

Card worked fine to get an “Uber”to a meeting, but then was declined for the return to the hotel.
A call to customer service produced a maddening conversation with a non functional computer that finally transferred me to a person who did NOT speak English, who transferred me to a “supervisor", who transferred me to someone who did speak English.
Each time I was transferred, I had to “prove” I was the card holder by providing several forms of identification.
I was assured the card would work from that point forward.
The very next day it worked for an Uber to dinner and then was declined at the restaurant.
Clearwave Communication

I saved the emails slightly edited below. Current Google maps shows the box.

From July 24, 2023:
There has been a mistake. I have not chosen, nor do I want Clearwave Fiber. When you were unable to provide me service back in March, I asked that my account be canceled. I made it very clear to the multiple people I spoke with that I was no longer interested in your service. I again repeated my request to cancel my account in early April responding to a customer service email. I would recommend canceling " your installation is scheduled for 08/31/2023 at 08:08 AM" There will not be anyone home and I would prefer you stay off my property and away from my house. Also, thanks for killing my grass and rutting up my yard with your Bobcat when you installed a box in my front yard.

Again, to be clear, and so there is no mistake, I do not want Clearwave fiber installed, I am not interested in your service, I do want my account canceled.

I will refer you to the email I sent customer service in April.

AttachmentsApr 3, 2023, 7:42 AM

Not sure what to say. Last Monday I wasted a whole vacation day waiting to have fiber installed. You were scheduled to install it between 8-10 am. At 1:00 pm, I called your dispatch number. I was later informed that I would not be getting fiber because there was not a hookup within 400 yards of my house.

I hope you understand that this information upset me. First, because no one bothered to call me or knock on my door when they knew at 9am, second I have to endure another month with Frontier, and third, you have a box in my backyard 25 feet from my garage. When I asked about the box in my yard I was informed it was for business use only. Which we both know is BS, because there are only two businesses it could serve, it's been there since 2018, and I know one of the two possible businesses uses Futiva. For the record that box is ............... Would love to know what businesses you plan on serving.

Look to the east. The box is almost in line with the bottom of the stop sign to the right of the oak tree. See the black truck and the house with the deck? That's my house.

This email, a week later, shows me how truly incompetent your company is and I wish to have no part of it. My order should have been canceled last Monday. If it isn't already, I ask you to cancel it now, I will be going with Futiva. I had high hopes with Clearwave given they sort of started in Harrisburg. Boy was I disappointed. FWIW, I included a few of your emails, I haven't posted this on Facebook yet but I will, and I'm telling everyone I know.

Good Day.
Burger King yesterday at about 5:30PM. Sole customer at the register for about 10 minutes. No one came to take my order so I left for a mom-and-pop place down the street.
Originally Posted by auk1124
Windstream. Easily the most worthless telecomm service provider I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. Their equipment is junk, their lines are junk, nothing ever works, and woe be unto you if you need a service call.

They might show up five or six days later. Maybe. And if they do decide to show up, it will be at eleven o'clock on a Tuesday, and if you don't take off work to be there when they show, they won't even get out of the truck.

That entire company needs to be wiped from the face of the earth.

That's a pretty accurate description of their operation.....and then there's their finances.....
Hands down, Kentucky Office Unemployment Insurance. Wife had to close her counseling practice in March 2020 due to Covid. Still waiting for KOUI to call back to help her file her Covid Unemployment Claim.

KOUI has an Automated phone system. First time wife called in April 2020, she was 87th in line with an estimated wait time of 17(?) hours. Left a call back number. Every time she called back after that, caller ID picked up her number. "We have your call noted. We will call you back when it is your turn." <click>.

Four years later. Still waiting for a call back. The only folks I know who ever successfully filed a Covid Unemployment claim in Kentucky were the folks who physically went to Frankfort and camped out at the unemployment office.
Gateway computers, and a local Ford Dealership. The Ford place went bankrupt.
Likely, the IRS
Rossi.........

They can _____________

Yep you said it
Seems like just about everything these days.
Any Ride North dealership.
Hewlett Packard. No horror stories, just a poor machine & getting the runaround trying to get warranty.

if they're the only brand still in existence one day I might be forced to buy another of their products. Otherwise, never again.
Delta Airlines in 2003. I had been on safari in Cameroon and one of the legs of my return flight was Paris to Atlanta. I cleared U.S. Customs in Atlanta and that included getting my rifles checked against my paperwork and then getting the rifle case rechecked. Final destination was Norfolk, VA. When I was waiting for my baggage both of my rifles came down the ramp loose and out of the case and then the case came down all torn to hell. This was one of those heavy duty aluminum cases with welded seams and corners and 2 heavy duty locks and that was the 5th time that case had been to Africa. The entire case was bulged and spilt open and my rifles (375 H&H Mag and a 7mm Mag) were all scratched to hell and back. So here I was in an airport with uncased firearms and it was after midnight.

Went to the Delta Baggage counter to complain and they tried to tell me it must have happened in either Cameroon or France until I produced my customs paperwork showing the case being rechecked in Atlanta. Delta refused to accept any responsibility and told me I would have to call corporate headquarters the next morning. I ended up having to arrange a police escort out of the airport since I was shoulder carrying firearms, which was a lot of fun. The next day I called the corporate headquarters and spent most of the day on the phone getting a run around from one person after another. Delta finally "offered" me a $50 voucher to be used on my next flight with them. I told Delta to GFY and have never flown with them again. I ended having to replace the scope on the 375 H&H due to internal damage and that cost me a lot more than $50.

SCREW DELTA AIRLINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fed Ex - trying to get restitution for tractor parts stolen while in their custody.
If this doesn’t have Boomer written all over it

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
'
pre-Boomer
Went to an Aaron Lewis concert, came out drunk, got real drunk. The worst concert I’ve ever attended!!!
Delta airlines 4/4/24
Hart tools. Customer service is literally non existent
amerigas.......
Thought of another one. Hertz.

Made reservation with Hertz in Savannah. Get there - 4 hour wait for my car.

Excuse? "We didn't know we'd need this many cars"

It was literally the scene from Seinfeld.

IronWill Broadheads. Lifetime no questions asked warrantee. YA right.
Beretta USA.
Bought a SAKO 85 Finnlight that shot terrible groups. Turns out that of the three locking lugs one was bearing on the receiver, one was barely touching and the third not touching at all.
Sent it to the Beretta Customer Service. After seventeen, yes 17, months they sent it back with a note saying that it did not meet their accuracy standard but since they did not have a suitable replacement in stock it was returned as is.
Without a doubt gander mtn. After a half hour on the phone with their customer service manager after they went out of business i told him to not include his time at gander mtn customer service on his next resume because everyone knows its the worst. He hung up on me and i deserved it
USPS.
The Supreme Court

https://rumble.com/v2xyhte-flight-of-the-brunson-brothers-a-nick-alvear-film.html
© 24hourcampfire