Home
Posted By: Alan_C Got Kraft Pimento Cheese ??? - 04/12/24
I mostly shop at Wally World. Use to buy it once in a while for celery. I see another cheese Kraft makes but don’t care for it. It has not been on the shelves for a year. So while we are on the subject , what do you all put on your Celery ???
I don't know anyone who eats that celery shìt
In kindergarten it was PB and rasins
Screw that.

Get Palmetto Cheese.
WTF is Palmetto cheese?

Sounds like something from S FL that flave might have sent you one time.

I'll take the little jar of Pineapple cream cheese. Brings back memories of my childhood. We had a lot of those little glasses for the 5 of us kids to use.
Posted By: add Re: Got Kraft Pimento Cheese ??? - 04/12/24
Originally Posted by Alan_C
I mostly shop at Wally World. Use to buy it once in a while for celery. I see another cheese Kraft makes but don’t care for it. It has not been on the shelves for a year. So while we are on the subject , what do you all put on your Celery ???

You had me at "Kraft".
Posted By: add Re: Got Kraft Pimento Cheese ??? - 04/12/24
Don't you have a can of soup to microwave?
Mine usually spoils in the refrigerator after one or two stalks are gone. We try not to buy it.
Posted By: tnman Re: Got Kraft Pimento Cheese ??? - 04/12/24
Try Our Pride pimiento cheese and you will never go back to any other brand.
Kraft? SMFH……
Homemade pimento cheese for the win…

Coarse shredded sharp cheddar.
Don’t buy the pre-shredded cheese, they put something in it to prevent clumping ..

Throw in diced jalepenos for an extra kick.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Don’t buy the pre-shredded cheese, they put something in it to prevent clumping ..

You’re Pro-clumping?

smile

Potato starch is the common one now.
🤢
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

You’re Pro-clumping?

smile

Potato starch is the common one now.

Haha.

Nah.

Buy the big blocks at the Sams club. Shred it.

I do like to make it with the red rind hoop cheese. Woo weeeee
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Screw that.

Get Palmetto Cheese.

Good stuff, we always keep some in the fridge, wife made me a blt with it on instead of mayonaise the other day
Only for soup.
This is Masters week, so pimento cheese sandwiches are pretty much a tradition.

Or were. Now that I've given up golf, I really don't have any interest even in watching it.
Screw that.

Get Palmetto Cheese.
?????

Palmetto; : any of several usually low-growing fan-leaved palm.

Good job professor- congrats/hint
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
This is Masters week, so pimento cheese sandwiches are pretty much a tradition.

Or were. Now that I've given up golf, I really don't have any interest even in watching it.

I'm glued to it, love the Masters

that being said, their pimento cheese sandwiches are just plain jane pimento cheese sandwiches. $1.50. They wrap everything in green wrappers just in case one finds the ground so the tv cameras don't pick it up. That place is immaculate, you dont see a cigarette butt, any trash, pine cones, they clean the stalls after each patron uses the bathroom, wipe down the sinks after you wash your hands. Someone sits at the entrance with a broom and sweeps up anything that may have come off your shoes. The effort that goes into this tournament is insane.
Pimento cheese

That jarred up pink-orange chunky Cocker Spaniel dog vomit

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
We make our own. Celery is to stir Bloody Marys with.
My wife makes the only pimento cheese I'll eat. Celery is an ingredient for a select few dishes; not a stand alone food.
Make our own. Grate a sharp cheese. Chop up roasted red peppers instead of pimento. They cost less and have a better flavor. Season with cayenne, crushed red pepper flakes, garlic powder, coarse ground black pepper, couple dashes of Worcestershire and liquid smoke. Add mayo ( Duke’s is best) to get the consistency. Serve on crackers or a good bread( Sara Lee Artisan Brioche here). My church loves when I bring it cos I’m not afraid to season it. None of it makes it home. When making for the church, I use sandwich bread and cut the crusts.
The recipe for the pimento cheese at Augusta remains a secret. I suspect that they use Duke's and perhaps a bit of some regional hot sauce. At any rate, those $1.50 sandwiches are damn good.

My dearly departed local golf pro once found and dug up the only dandelion he'd ever seen at Augusta in many trips there. That speaks to the incredible determination of both dandelions and thegrounds crew there. I cannot imagine how they mow the grass that perfectly, even right down steep slope to the edge of water. It is truly amazing.
The recipe for the pimento cheese at Augusta remains a secret. I suspect that they use Duke's and perhaps a bit of some regional hot sauce. At any rate, those $1.50 sandwiches are damn good.

My dearly departed local golf pro once found and dug up the only dandelion he'd ever seen at Augusta in many trips there. That speaks to the incredible determination of both dandelions and thegrounds crew there. I cannot imagine how they mow the grass that perfectly, even right down steep slope to the edge of water. It is truly amazing.

Why did you give up golf?
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Screw that.

Get Palmetto Cheese.
?????

South Carolina is called the Palmetto State (think Palmetto State Armory). Palmetto Cheese is a pimento cheese recipe originating here and is available everywhere here.

Jim was entirely correct, professor. congrats/hint
Every jar comes with a free whiskey/wine glass
Posted By: EdM Re: Got Kraft Pimento Cheese ??? - 04/12/24

Why did you give up golf?

Bum back from what I saw last summer.
Thats no good.
Originally Posted by cra1948
Screw that.

Get Palmetto Cheese.
?????

South Carolina is called the Palmetto State (think Palmetto State Armory). Palmetto Cheese is a pimento cheese recipe originating here and is available everywhere here.

oh .
Alan C: That is NOT a dairy product - it is derived from petroleum!
Yuck.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I read a story where they were mowing 2nd fairway first thing in the am with the first group about to tee off on 1. Each guy keeps a tennis ball with him so they can throw it out in front of all the mowers in case they all need to stop. Well, a hydraulic hose busted on one of the mowers and left a line of fluid all down the fairway. They had the grass removed and replaced from their own sod farm before that first group got to hole 2.

When those trees fell on 14 tee box last year during the round they had them cleaned up and everything back to looking normal in 30 minutes.

If he'd had been seen taking that dandelion he would have been banned for life. They do that regularly with folks trying to take grass/sand.
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Alan C: That is NOT a dairy product - it is derived from petroleum!
Yuck.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Thanks Varmint guy. I usually buy 2 jars of the stuff. One for the celery and another to pack wheel bearings.
Jim, my surgeon strongly suggested to me that if I wanted to keep playing golf, it would mean the probable return of a ruptured disc. He didn't forbid me, but his advice was pretty direct.

I reluctantly took his advice. I loved golf. But now that I've made a complete break, I'm resigned to it.
Originally Posted by cra1948
Screw that.

Get Palmetto Cheese.
?????

oh .
Well, i'll be darned.

why not call it SC pimento cheese then.

Ain't no palmetto in that cheese now, is there?
A FAC playing pasture pool- - - - -did you need custom made clubs to clear those basketball sized gonads?
Posted By: DMc Re: Got Kraft Pimento Cheese ??? - 04/12/24
I'm old enough to remember Kraft pimento cheese slices. Broil for a couple of minutes and presto, hot baloney & cheese sandwich. Delicious.
Never seen it.
Sounds good! I don’t remember seeing the slices.
Jim, my surgeon strongly suggested to me that if I wanted to keep playing golf, it would mean the probable return of a ruptured disc. He didn't forbid me, but his advice was pretty direct.

I reluctantly took his advice. I loved golf. But now that I've made a complete break, I'm resigned to it.

That sucks Rocky.

Better to not cripple yourself eh?!
This is the real deal: https://pimentocheese.com/#/

I wouldn't buy anything that said "Kraft" on it...they are the epitome of cheap, industrial food. Yeah, I'm a food snob.

That sucks Rocky.

Better to not cripple yourself eh?!

Yeah, this ^^^^^^^^
© 24hourcampfire