Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
We make our own. Celery is to stir Bloody Marys with.

GB4

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
My wife makes the only pimento cheese I'll eat. Celery is an ingredient for a select few dishes; not a stand alone food.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Make our own. Grate a sharp cheese. Chop up roasted red peppers instead of pimento. They cost less and have a better flavor. Season with cayenne, crushed red pepper flakes, garlic powder, coarse ground black pepper, couple dashes of Worcestershire and liquid smoke. Add mayo ( Duke’s is best) to get the consistency. Serve on crackers or a good bread( Sara Lee Artisan Brioche here). My church loves when I bring it cos I’m not afraid to season it. None of it makes it home. When making for the church, I use sandwich bread and cut the crusts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The recipe for the pimento cheese at Augusta remains a secret. I suspect that they use Duke's and perhaps a bit of some regional hot sauce. At any rate, those $1.50 sandwiches are damn good.

My dearly departed local golf pro once found and dug up the only dandelion he'd ever seen at Augusta in many trips there. That speaks to the incredible determination of both dandelions and thegrounds crew there. I cannot imagine how they mow the grass that perfectly, even right down steep slope to the edge of water. It is truly amazing.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The recipe for the pimento cheese at Augusta remains a secret. I suspect that they use Duke's and perhaps a bit of some regional hot sauce. At any rate, those $1.50 sandwiches are damn good.

My dearly departed local golf pro once found and dug up the only dandelion he'd ever seen at Augusta in many trips there. That speaks to the incredible determination of both dandelions and thegrounds crew there. I cannot imagine how they mow the grass that perfectly, even right down steep slope to the edge of water. It is truly amazing.

Why did you give up golf?

I am MAGA.
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Screw that.

Get Palmetto Cheese.
?????

Palmetto; : any of several usually low-growing fan-leaved palm.

Good job professor- congrats/hint

South Carolina is called the Palmetto State (think Palmetto State Armory). Palmetto Cheese is a pimento cheese recipe originating here and is available everywhere here.

Jim was entirely correct, professor. congrats/hint

Mathew 22: 37-39

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Every jar comes with a free whiskey/wine glass

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Why did you give up golf?

Bum back from what I saw last summer.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Thats no good.

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by cra1948
Screw that.

Get Palmetto Cheese.
?????

South Carolina is called the Palmetto State (think Palmetto State Armory). Palmetto Cheese is a pimento cheese recipe originating here and is available everywhere here.

oh .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Alan C: That is NOT a dairy product - it is derived from petroleum!
Yuck.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

I read a story where they were mowing 2nd fairway first thing in the am with the first group about to tee off on 1. Each guy keeps a tennis ball with him so they can throw it out in front of all the mowers in case they all need to stop. Well, a hydraulic hose busted on one of the mowers and left a line of fluid all down the fairway. They had the grass removed and replaced from their own sod farm before that first group got to hole 2.

When those trees fell on 14 tee box last year during the round they had them cleaned up and everything back to looking normal in 30 minutes.

If he'd had been seen taking that dandelion he would have been banned for life. They do that regularly with folks trying to take grass/sand.

Last edited by killerv; 04/12/24.
A
Alan_C Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Alan C: That is NOT a dairy product - it is derived from petroleum!
Yuck.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Thanks Varmint guy. I usually buy 2 jars of the stuff. One for the celery and another to pack wheel bearings.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jim, my surgeon strongly suggested to me that if I wanted to keep playing golf, it would mean the probable return of a ruptured disc. He didn't forbid me, but his advice was pretty direct.

I reluctantly took his advice. I loved golf. But now that I've made a complete break, I'm resigned to it.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by cra1948
Screw that.

Get Palmetto Cheese.
?????

oh .
Well, i'll be darned.

why not call it SC pimento cheese then.

Ain't no palmetto in that cheese now, is there?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
A FAC playing pasture pool- - - - -did you need custom made clubs to clear those basketball sized gonads?

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm old enough to remember Kraft pimento cheese slices. Broil for a couple of minutes and presto, hot baloney & cheese sandwich. Delicious.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Never seen it.

A
Alan_C Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Sounds good! I don’t remember seeing the slices.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Jim, my surgeon strongly suggested to me that if I wanted to keep playing golf, it would mean the probable return of a ruptured disc. He didn't forbid me, but his advice was pretty direct.

I reluctantly took his advice. I loved golf. But now that I've made a complete break, I'm resigned to it.

That sucks Rocky.

Better to not cripple yourself eh?!

I am MAGA.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (17CalFan, 160user, 12344mag, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 1eyedmule, 55 invisible), 2,632 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,984
Posts18,480,969
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.