Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The recipe for the pimento cheese at Augusta remains a secret. I suspect that they use Duke's and perhaps a bit of some regional hot sauce. At any rate, those $1.50 sandwiches are damn good.

My dearly departed local golf pro once found and dug up the only dandelion he'd ever seen at Augusta in many trips there. That speaks to the incredible determination of both dandelions and thegrounds crew there. I cannot imagine how they mow the grass that perfectly, even right down steep slope to the edge of water. It is truly amazing.

I read a story where they were mowing 2nd fairway first thing in the am with the first group about to tee off on 1. Each guy keeps a tennis ball with him so they can throw it out in front of all the mowers in case they all need to stop. Well, a hydraulic hose busted on one of the mowers and left a line of fluid all down the fairway. They had the grass removed and replaced from their own sod farm before that first group got to hole 2.

When those trees fell on 14 tee box last year during the round they had them cleaned up and everything back to looking normal in 30 minutes.

If he'd had been seen taking that dandelion he would have been banned for life. They do that regularly with folks trying to take grass/sand.

Last edited by killerv; 04/12/24.