Home
Posted By: Miss_Lynn How do you apologize - 09/16/09
How do you apologize to someone for something you did, when you don't even know what it is you did in the first place. Seriously. On average it probably would not bug me as much, but I hold so much respect for this person, it is just driving me nuts.

Lynn
Posted By: Tom264 Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
Ask what you did and if it deems necessary to apologize do it.
Posted By: JOG Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
Originally Posted by Mosaic_Lynn
How do you apologize to someone for something you did, when you don't even know what it is you did in the first place.

Speaking for the crew, we don't know much about women.
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
Originally Posted by JOG
How do you apologize to someone for something you did, when you don't even know what it is you did in the first place.

Good because it's a man, and he's stubborn.

Lynn
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
Men are not genetically capable of being stubborn.
Posted By: FVA Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
You can't apologize for something you are not aware of. You have to open a dialogue with, "have I offended you?" and take it from there. From there you should find out if you have to apologize and if your respect is warranted.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
Not knowing what you did is perplexing, particularly so if you ask and find out that the very act of having to ask places you in an even deeper hole. Sometimes the problem belongs to the other person rather than to you. Hope it works out. Best, John
Posted By: RickyD Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
I've been in that situation before and usually tell the person, it appears I have offended them and cannot remember when there was a time that either I was aware I did so nor a time I intended to do so, so I am sorry for the offense and would be very willing to discuss it further if they would also like to do so. Then I forget it and never mention it again unless they chose to do so, knowing if they don't, either it or I mean little to them.
Originally Posted by crowrifle

What ? I spewed coffee all over the screen and the keyboard when I got to this shocked shocked

Okay, not stubborn, pig headed cool

Lynn
Posted By: Beoceorl Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09

Men aren't stubborn. We are tenacious.
Posted By: hamr56 Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
Honestly if you dont know first I would ask. Maybe it is just a simple mis-understanding.
It is hard when the person won't allow you the opening to talk about it.

I would do anything to make it right, whatever it is. Their friendship is of value to me, and in turn I thought mine was too.

But maybe not.
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
I'd start with "What the [bleep] is your problem" and continue in the same tactful manner in the ensuing discussion.
Posted By: biglmbass Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
As advised above, you simply ask what you did to offend. We can't read minds and nor do we expect women to do so. Though I've known many a girl that expeced me to read her mind.

Just ask him what's got his panties in a wad. wink
ML, most times it is just a misunderstanding, just ask them/him if you offended them/him in any way and like I said earlier if it is valid apologize.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
What have you done that needs apologized for? If the answer is nothing then the answer is you don't.
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Not knowing what you did is perplexing, particularly so if you ask and find out that the very act of having to ask places you in an even deeper hole. Sometimes the problem belongs to the other person rather than to you. Hope it works out. Best, John

Just wanted to add this thought. If your attempts to make things right are not accepted, I would say that your respect for the individual needs to be reevaluated.
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
I'd start with "What the [bleep] is your problem" and continue in the same tactful manner in the ensuing discussion.

grin grin Couldn't get me in any deeper than I am could it ?

Lynn
Guys tend to be more direct.
Posted By: oldtimer303 Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
? I have apparently unknowlingly, unintentionally offended you. I value your respect and your friendship to mutch to let this come between us. Please allow to right my wrong. What have I done.

Something along the above lines with your own words. Been their, done that and realized best to bring it out in the open. Less you say is better, listen-listen-listen.

Living with a female makes you more aware of the " not knowing what you done or said that offended in the first place." Also helps to realize that nothing is corrected until both parties discuss it. Good luck. GW
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
I expected this thread to be about Joe, Barry, or Kanye... wink
Posted By: Barkoff Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
How do you apologize to someone for something you did, when you don't even know what it is you did in the first place. Seriously. On average it probably would not bug me as much, but I hold so much respect for this person, it is just driving me nuts.

Lynn

How do I apologize to someone for something I did, when I didn't even know what it is I did. I hold so much respect for you, it is just driving me nuts. Lynn.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
Start it off with some nookie. Then fix him some biscuits and gravy.

While he's eating the biscuits and gravy, offer your apology.

He'll look up with gravy running down his chin and say, "Huh?,...oh,...okay",..then continue eating.

There's nothing a woman can do to a man that can't be fixed with nookie and biscuits and gravy.

Well, if it's hardball you want, grab a butcher knife with one hand, his balls with the other and say "Let's talk."
Bristoe has the answer.
You saved the relationship Bris...WTG. grin
Originally Posted by Bristoe

He'll look up with gravy running down his chin and say, "Huh?,...oh,...okay",..then continue eating.

There's nothing a woman can do to a man that can't be fixed with nookie and biscuits and gravy.

Not so sure about the nookie.

I know we have in the past discussed me cooking for him.

I know he enjoys biscuits and gravy.

Are you sure about the "nothing a woman can do to a man that can't be fixed" ?

Lynn
Posted By: Steve Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
You ask him if there's an issue and what it is. If he declines to talk you let him know you're willing to talk about it when he does. Then move on.
Posted By: GeoW Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
Lynn, you don't have a clue, not the foggiest idea why this person is upset?
May be a mental problem on his end.

Or as one old country song goes, was it something you did? Or was it something you didn't do?
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
Originally Posted by JOG

and we know less about apologizing. laugh
Originally Posted by GeoW

Not really, the last time we talked it seemed okay. I had expressed my feelings on a subject, and there was no negative response, mind you it was a short response, but nothing that would cause something like this.

Lynn

Lynn

Well,...actually, I don't have a clue what you should do about someone who won't even give you an opportunity to apologize to them.

I'm a man.

A man doesn't spend much time dwelling on somebody who starts actin' all wacky.

We just write them off as "too wacky to deal with", and move along.

Lynn

Well,...actually, I don't have a clue what you should do about someone who won't even give you an opportunity to apologize to them.

I'm a man.

Maybe that's it. Maybe something I said was "too wacky to deal with" or too close to the heart of something. Maybe, I should just move along.

Lynn
Probably.
To expand...it sounds like he's acting like a chick, so I can't really help. smile

Posted By: Barkoff Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
Originally Posted by GeoW

Not really, the last time we talked it seemed okay. I had expressed my feelings on a subject, and there was no negative response, mind you it was a short response, but nothing that would cause something like this.

Lynn

Oh, well then it's just sexual tension, nothing to worryy about, it'll pass.
To expand further, give Steely a shot at advice...or is that who you are talking about?
Lol...........
Posted By: W7ACT Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
By any chance it wouldn't have anything to do with the engagemant ring thread, would it?

If so your in some deep do do.

If I were the guilty party I would digg myself a deeper hole trying to get out of the hole.
To expand further, give Steely a shot at advice...or is that who you are talking about?

Yep, maybe SH can advise me, he's an expert when it comes to women. Mind you there has been "NO" sex involved in this so he might not have any advice on it grin

Lynn
The guy is being a chick...Steely will shine. grin
Posted By: pumpgun Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
lynn,

remember guys don't understand hints. best to be direct and ask him straight up what you did. and do it in person. tom
Posted By: Underclocked Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
There are a number of things a woman can do to a man that can't be fixed. If you haven't experienced them, count your blessings.

Lynn, people can have problems pressing them hard that may have nothing to do with you. Just keep being yourself and let it work out naturally.
Posted By: heavywalker Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
If a guy is acting like you did something wrong it usually means that he did something that he feels guilty about.
Posted By: g5m Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
Or maybe had an opinion that he really doesn't understand or disagrees with. Like politics, religion, the color of the sky or whatever.

Good luck.
Posted By: DanInAlaska Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
It is hard when the person won't allow you the opening to talk about it.

I would do anything to make it right, whatever it is. Their friendship is of value to me, and in turn I thought mine was too.

But maybe not.

I hate to say it, but this sounds like something you probably can't "fix". If the other person is unwilling to engage you with some meaningful dialog, what can you do?

It's a bitter pill, I know. Decade-long friends of ours are no now absent from our lives. My wife and I were the Best Man and Maid-of-Honor at their wedding. We still don't know what caused the riff, and since the other couple is either unable or unwilling to discuss it, despite our best efforts, I doubt we ever will fully understand why the friendship ended.
Posted By: biglmbass Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09

That's another sure fire way to go. I'd change it to chocolate biscuits though. It's like kryptonite.
Posted By: Kawabuggy Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
I think she already has the answer-she said there is no sex! I don't know of a single guy that an offer of sex would have no effect on...

I dated a girl once that was a raging you-know-what.. From that relationship I learned a lot about how to "fight" in a relationship.. Here's what I can offer to resolve your issue from one of those fights... If you are not sure whether or not you did something wrong, just make it all his fault, turn the tides and put him on the defensive.. How to do that? Offer him sex. If he accepts-problem solved. If he declines, then you take on the "emotionally distraught, hurt/rejected" feelings and REFUSE to speak to him.. If he cares at all, and wants to mend the fence, he will come a running trying to make up for the problem HE caused (even though you set him up). I know it sounds like work, but I'll bet $100 bucks that this will work.. I'm a guy, I fell for it.. More than once.. Even after I saw the trap, I still fell for it..
Originally Posted by Kawabuggy

I dated a girl once that was a raging you-know-what.. From that relationship I learned a lot about how to "fight" in a relationship.. Here's what I can offer to resolve your issue from one of those fights... If you are not sure whether or not you did something wrong, just make it all his fault, turn the tides and put him on the defensive.. How to do that? Offer him sex. If he accepts-problem solved. If he declines, then you take on the "emotionally distraught, hurt/rejected" feelings and REFUSE to speak to him.. If he cares at all, and wants to mend the fence, he will come a running trying to make up for the problem HE caused (even though you set him up). I know it sounds like work, but I'll bet $100 bucks that this will work.. I'm a guy, I fell for it.. More than once.. Even after I saw the trap, I still fell for it..

Playing games with relationships is ridiculous.
Posted By: ironbender Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09

Not really, the last time we talked it seemed okay. I had expressed my feelings on a subject,...

Lynn

There it is.
Posted By: 340boy Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09

Exactly.
Tis a trait only displayed by females...
grin
I'm betting that we're dealing with an older fellow here. Old pharts have a tendency to overestimate their importance and totally disregard the fact that they just could be wrong about something.
Posted By: oldtimer303 Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
By chance if the word MARRIAGE/ RING was ever mentioned, I sure it could have been taken as offensive. eek gw
Posted By: Otter Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
*** Lynn, I accept your apology for whatever it was you did or didn't do or say. I can't remember what it was as I've slept since then. So, let's carry on. blush

OK, problem solved, now, where's the biscuits and gravy??? grin ***

Seriously, I wish I could give you some good advise, but that's not one of my strong points. BTDT. That's why there are a lot more dogs I get along with than people.
Posted By: EvilTwin Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
Sometimes something that was said or done could be misconstrued. It is necessary to find out if and what that may have been. THAT can be easily worked out if that is the case. It just may not be easy to find out what the act or words were.
Posted By: HOOKER Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09

Lynn

Rule #1 You must pay much closer attention to your offensiveness.
Or you can say what I tell them " Look deep into my baby blue eyes, Do you see any give a ....s ? " grin

Pat
Posted By: JOG Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
Originally Posted by JOG

Good because it's a man, and he's stubborn.

Lynn

Well, if it's a man we don't care so much. smirk
Posted By: bearbacker Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09

Lynn

Well, if you don't know, I'm not going to tell you! That's what women tell me.

I think most men would appreciate a direct approach. Tell him that it seems you may have offended him but don't understand how. Ask "what did I do?" and "How can I fix it?"
Posted By: P_Weed Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
Lynn,

Just tell him that you are very sorry for what you did that hurt him ...

No explanation, questions, qualifications, or excuses. Just, "I am sorry."

I believe you to be a sincere and honest person ... you are not lying by apologizing to someone even when you have done nothing wrong to apologise for.

Because, you ARE "sorry" that someone you dearly regard has taken offense to you.

If that person is worth it, you need to take a step that they are incapable of taking.

good luck -
Posted By: JacquesLaRami Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
Rule number 1 . . .
Don't ask a bunch of redneck guys to play Ann Landers -- all you're ever gonna get is bad advice. grin

Posted By: batch Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
Originally Posted by HOOKER

Lynn

Rule #1 You must pay much closer attention to your offensiveness.
Or you can say what I tell them " Look deep into my baby blue eyes, Do you see any give a ....s ? " grin

Pat

When did you meet my wife?
Posted By: isaac Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
Originally Posted by bearbacker

Lynn

Well, if you don't know, I'm not going to tell you! That's what women tell me.

I think most men would appreciate a direct approach. Tell him that it seems you may have offended him but don't understand how. Ask "what did I do?" and "How can I fix it?"

+++++++++++++++

If it worked for your other friend, put a note in his microwave.

You're a wonderful,decent person, Lynn. He probably wants your friendship as much as you want his. Could be a hurt feeler,pouty thing. Give it a few days and, if he doesn't broach it, drop a e-mail asking if there's a problem that he wishes to address. Writing sometimes offers folks that courage that sometimes isn't there with face to faces.

It'll be fine,I'm sure.
Posted By: Powerguy Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09

Lynn

Ask them straight up what the problem is. If they can't tell you then you possibly can not apologize.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09

Bingo
Posted By: RickyD Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
Most of the time when something's wrong with a man, the woman thinks it's about her, when it could be something completely unrelated to her, as difficult as that is for women to realize.
Or it could be something you'd never guess in a million years.
Posted By: rrroae Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
Originally Posted by JOG

That's about the funniest dam thing I've read in a long time.

...and so true.
Posted By: byc Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
Send him back his rib.... wink
The gentleman in question lives over 4,000 miles away and we will not be in the same country again till November.

I am however going to take the advice of letting it be, I guess things will be what they will be, and time will tell.

Thank you for all your help gentlemen, it did bring me to the realization and decision above.

Lynn
Posted By: tommygs Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
The gentleman in question lives over 4,000 miles away and we will not be in the same country again till November.

I am however going to take the advice of letting it be, I guess things will be what they will be, and time will tell.

Thank you for all your help gentlemen, it did bring me to the realization and decision above.

Lynn

**lynn... what's the prob? time heals all wounds, and time wounds all heels. just works out that way. if he's 4k miles away, he can't buy you dinner, now can he? put it on hold and follow SH's advice. let it go gal.

-tom
Posted By: frogman43 Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
Smart play Lynn......

Lynn
Lynn, no need for an apology. I forgive you. grin
Originally Posted by tommygs
follow SH's advice. let it go gal.

I will I promise. I know SH is someone who would give me good advice on relationships and the way to handle these kind of matters. He's not into making mistakes when it comes to people, or to relationships, he calls them like he sees them, he doesn't lie, and his track record from what I see here is a good one. He gets out when the other side is not good. It is a good thing he is as good a judge of character as he is, wish I could be just like him.

Again, thanks everyone I so appreciate your help in ways you will never know. Take care all of ya.

Lynn
Posted By: HoundGirl Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
I'm confused.....so as soon as I get the dogs tended and wrangle myself a shower, I'll give this thread a read.
I know SH is someone who would give me good advice on relationships
++++++++++++++++++++

LMAOTIPAOTFF....Yeah,were I in a bad way with my mate, he'd definitely be my first call....if Al Bundy was unavailable.

I'm frikken dying here! I'd rather get relationship advice from Mark Sanford!
Agreed, but I can sniff out a whack job in a NY minute....
That talent might have been perfect for me had I only known you 8 1/2 years ago!
I doubt it, Karen didn't listen to me back then either....
Posted By: JohnMoses Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
Seeking relationship advice here is like boarding a jet being flown by a drunk blind man.

with no hands......

Jm.
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Seeking relationship advice on this board is like boarding a jet being flown by a drunk blind man.

Jm.
laugh
Save for a select few, I think I'd board the jet instead.
Posted By: GeoW Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
Originally Posted by tommygs
follow SH's advice. let it go gal.

It is a good thing he is as good a judge of character as he is, wish I could be just like him.

Again, thanks everyone I so appreciate your help in ways you will never know. Take care all of ya.

Lynn

Careful Lynn grin
Posted By: Steve Re: How do you apologize - 09/16/09
This thread remind me of the Two and a Half Men episode where everyone was concerned that the kid was depressed because of his parents divorce. Turned out he'd been eating a bunch of cheese and was all backed up.

Maybe a Fedex package of [Linked Image]
Posted By: bearmgc Re: How do you apologize - 09/17/09
Emotionally constipated you say? Take his name off your speed dial and save yourself the Christmas card. There's no hope...
Posted By: oldtimer303 Re: How do you apologize - 09/17/09
wink Huh! I'm trying to keep this straight. Mosaic Lynn want's to be like "Steelhead". confused Steelhead at his own admission is Shootin Lady. Did someone say soap opera? grin GW
Posted By: HoundGirl Re: How do you apologize - 09/17/09
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
wink Huh! I'm trying to keep this straight. Mosaic Lynn want's to be like "Steelhead". confused Steelhead at his own admission is Shootin Lady. Did someone say soap opera? grin GW

And, in keeping with the insanity, I admit it...I admit it...I am actually....Mosaic Lynn, Mannlicher, and Issac<grin>....

Posted By: byc Re: How do you apologize - 09/17/09
Originally Posted by HoundGirl

And, in keeping with the insanity, I admit it...I admit it...I am actually....Mosaic Lynn, Mannlicher, and Issac<grin>....

Okay since we are all coming clean I baked and shipped all the bananananaramamama bread and cookies!!!!! cool
Posted By: oldtimer303 Re: How do you apologize - 09/17/09
blush Hound Girl your claiming to be an attorney? Even an attorneys mother will not claim one. grin
Posted By: YankeeDevil Re: How do you apologize - 09/17/09
Ask them how you offended them and apologize. If they arnet willing to forgive you for an honest mistake then they arent worth knowing.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: How do you apologize - 09/17/09
Originally Posted by byc

Okay since we are all coming clean I baked and shipped all the bananananaramamama bread and cookies!!!!! cool

And I ate all my cookies already blush
Originally Posted by isaac
I'd rather get relationship advice from Mark Sanford!

Careful now. Might have to sick Joe Wilson and Maurice Bessinger on ya'.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: How do you apologize - 09/17/09
Guys - lots of guys - okay, me included, do not like to get ambushed about their feelings, and will probably just say, "I'm doing allright" when directly asked out of the blue, no matter how steamed we are at the time. If Lynn wants to pursue it, I'd suggest building up to the conversation - send an e-mail, text...maybe to the effect of, "...hi, I was thinking about our last conversation. Something occurred to me since then that's bugging me, and I want your opinion. What's a good time to call?" Feel free to edit as you wish.

Posted By: Steelhead Re: How do you apologize - 09/17/09
I've had a lot of relationships end because women used 4 words, 'What are you thinking'
Mine usually end with one word---"Think!"

Sometimes two. "Think please!"
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: How do you apologize - 09/17/09
I know SH is someone who would give me good advice on relationships
++++++++++++++++++++

LMAOTIPAOTFF....Yeah,were I in a bad way with my mate, he'd definitely be my first call....if Al Bundy was unavailable.

I'm frikken dying here!

Bob

That goes in the scrapbook. Maybe your best ever. grin
Half the appeal of most men...is their relative simplicity. It's beautiful, really.
I ain't sceered. What's the other half?
Look down<grin>....
Holy Moley. Look at the size of that! I get it now.
Posted By: utah708 Re: How do you apologize - 09/17/09
She didn't say the other quarter.
Holy Moley. Look at the size of that! I get it now.

That's you're foot T! Aim higher!
My foot doesn't wink at me. smile
Posted By: g5m Re: How do you apologize - 09/17/09
Dear Abby at the 'Fire.
What a thread!
Posted By: 5sdad Re: How do you apologize - 09/17/09
My foot doesn't wink at me. smile

No, but does it spit at you? grin
Posted By: Underclocked Re: How do you apologize - 09/17/09
Is there something below my belly?
Posted By: 86thecat Re: How do you apologize - 09/17/09
Look down<grin>....

Just for HG-

http://www.chug.org/bcz/collectiondb/Outland-important1.jpg

from here-
www.chug.org/bcz/
Posted By: model70man Re: How do you apologize - 09/17/09
Lynn,

I faced that dilemma every day of my first marriage. One day I finally quit trying. A little later she resolved the problem by visiting an attorney.
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: How do you apologize - 09/21/09
Gentlemen,

Just dropping in for a update and a THANK YOU to all who helped me. Had the chance to talk with the gentleman referred to in this thread. After speaking with him we are officially okay with each other, and will remain friends for a long time to come I am sure (As long as he behaves himself out there on that oil rig in the North Sea). I understand that the sea is not as forgiving as a woman.

It also looks like I will be going to Aberdeen, Scotland (bride and grooms' residence) to be his best man/woman/person for his wedding in Oct 2010 ! So in the end thank you, you were right, if the friendship matters and has true value you can work it out smile

Lynn D
Posted By: Bristoe Re: How do you apologize - 09/21/09
Relationship advice from *here* worked?

That's got to be a first.
Posted By: isaac Re: How do you apologize - 09/21/09
LOL...With hunting season right on top of us, I'm surprised folks had the time to even address it. All my screw ups from Oct 5th on, don't get hammered out till around Christmas.

Posted By: DocRocket Re: How do you apologize - 09/21/09
LOL...With hunting season right on top of us, I'm surprised folks had the time to even address it. All my screw ups from Oct 5th on, don't get hammered out till around Christmas.

Ditto... I used to have a favorite t-shirt with a pic of a Springer Spaniel on the front and writ large on the back: "This marriage is officially on hold until end of hunting season"... MrsRocket wasn't too fond of that shirt.
Send me a link to where you got that shirt,Doc...please.

Aren't you off for speed goats with Keith, real soon?
Posted By: DocRocket Re: How do you apologize - 09/21/09
The shirt was a one-off printing by my local spaniel training club. We were crazier 'n buncha outhouse rats... we trained dogs twice a week all summer and the weekend after Labor day the bird season opened, and that was that until end of November. laugh

Wish I still had that shirt, but it got mysteriously bleached out and shrunk in the laundry...

Yep, Keith & I are gearing up as we speak. He's got the trailer out at the ranch, I got the Sube's oil changed and tires rotated, checked my fresh reloads to be sure they still group inside a half-dollar at 200, and tonight I'm cooking up a pot of chili to bring along. Workin' today and tomorrow, then Wednesday I hit the road for WY. Sure wish you & Les were still coming. But don't worry, we'll take lotsa pix and post 'em here to make you guys feel better 'bout stayin' home an' workin' for the greater good...
I wish I could make it as well, Doctor. Take those pics and safe travels to all of you.

Knock down a B&C,buddy!
Relationship advice from *here* worked?

That's got to be a first.

It may be a first, but it did work, honestly. Miracles do happen, promise. Look at Les.

Lynn
Posted By: JPro Re: How do you apologize - 09/21/09
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I've had a lot of relationships end because women used 4 words, 'What are you thinking'

One day I decided to start answering that question truthfully. I am rarely asked anymore, as she decided that she is probably better off not knowing....
Posted By: byc Re: How do you apologize - 09/21/09
Oh my--new Avitar. No more Happy Feet.
Posted By: MColeman Re: How do you apologize - 09/21/09
Could be a tactic for putting distance between the two of you because he knows of no other way.? Just a guess.
Originally Posted by MColeman
Could be a tactic for putting distance between the two of you because he knows of no other way.? Just a guess.

Mickey,

As far as putting distance between him and I there was never anything like that between us. Cliff has always been a friend, and only a friend. Maira, his bride to be, is an absolutely wonderful woman, and I will personally kick his 6' 2" red headed butt if he doesn't turn up for the wedding. I gave him an opinion (one he asked for) about him quitting his job as a Subsea Engineer, and taking on a job working for a acquaintance of ours. He does not exactly view the person in the same light as I do. So, he quit talking for a bit. But talking again, and I will be going over to stay with them in November for a week.

Lynn

Posted By: MColeman Re: How do you apologize - 09/22/09
I will admit that I had the wrong impression of the relationship between the two of you. Don't worry about it, Lynn. Men, while not as crazy as women, wink can be a mite perplexing at times. I am living proof that it's possible to be a Christian and butt at the same time.

By the way, I was under the impression that you were going to stop by for a visit some time back and now I see you're back at Fort Rucker. No visit! frown
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: How do you apologize - 09/22/09
Mickey,

I swear by all that is holy I am coming to see you on my way back up north in just a bit, then I am going to go on up till I get to Michigan, maybe with her permission I can stop and see Miss Sassy, and one other Fire member who lives up that way.

I just told someone from the Fire here on the phone the other day that I and my Grand Daughter Belle are going to attempt to make your "furry family members" some biscuit/cookie treats. We have a really good, dog friendly recipe and we are gonna give it a try and see how they go over if that's okay with you.

For you, I'm thinking some fresh biscuits, and a jar of carmelized spice peach preserves to go with them. The exact same recipe that my Grandmother used to take home quite a few 1st place ribbons.

*When I was coming past your place it was nigh on midnight and I figured it wasn't quite the time for visiting.

In my 48 years, I find I have met many "males", but not as many "Men". But then again I guess as much can be said about meeting "women" and not meeting as many "Ladies".

Perplexing seems to be a good word to use, I'll keep it in mind next time I am trying to figure my date out wink Actually I could have probably done with that explanation tonight at dinner, oh well, it wasn't love, but it was great companionship.

Lynn

Posted By: Ken Howell Re: How do you apologize - 09/22/09
How do you apologize to someone for something you did, when you don't even know what it is you did in the first place?

Apologies are wonderful, woefully underused � but no one should ever have to apologize (or have to accept "forgiveness") for something that he's not guilty of. (I say this from a life-time of bitter experiences.)

If you're guilty, an apology is mandatory, even if the offendee refuses to accept it. (If he wants to keep enjoying feeling hurt, let 'im). Romans 12:18

I'm especially delighted to find that your worries were apparently groundless and that a rich peace has settled over the entire matter.

Doncha just love peace? Doncha wish that everybody did?
Mickey,

I swear by all that is holy I am coming to see you on my way back up north in just a bit, then I am going to go on up till I get to Michigan, maybe with her permission I can stop and see Miss Sassy, and one other Fire member who lives up that way.

I just told someone from the Fire here on the phone the other day that I and my Grand Daughter Belle are going to attempt to make your "furry family members" some biscuit/cookie treats. We have a really good, dog friendly recipe and we are gonna give it a try and see how they go over if that's okay with you.

For you, I'm thinking some fresh biscuits, and a jar of carmelized spice peach preserves to go with them. The exact same recipe that my Grandmother used to take home quite a few 1st place ribbons.

*When I was coming past your place it was nigh on midnight and I figured it wasn't quite the time for visiting.

In my 48 years, I find I have met many "males", but not as many "Men". But then again I guess as much can be said about meeting "women" and not meeting as many "Ladies".

Perplexing seems to be a good word to use, I'll keep it in mind next time I am trying to figure my date out wink Actually I could have probably done with that explanation tonight at dinner, oh well, it wasn't love, but it was great companionship.

Lynn

Just what I need...something to add more weight. wink

My dogs will eat almost anything. I can throw parched peanuts on the patio and they will shell them and eat the peanuts. I have ten dogs now but who's counting?

Midnight would have caught me asleep but I get up 2-3 times a night, usually. It's 3 am as I type this. If you can make it around 5 pm I'll cook you some supper with good cornbread. I'll have to warn you, though, that I don't have a TV so we'll have to sit on the patio and watch hummingbirds and scratch dogs. You be careful and stop by when you can. You'll always be welcome.
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: How do you apologize - 09/22/09
Mickey,

Not that much weight, and I'll keep the treats down a tad, maybe, if I can, possibly, well, we'll see wink

No really I promise just a few treats. Do you like fresh apple cider ? I am sipping on some now, my brother brought it to me this morning, sweet, with a tiny after bite of tart, full of body, excellent sipping. He brought me a big bag of my favorite apples, Cortlands too, I is a happy girl !

I do porch sitting and dog scratching real well, as a matter a fact I excel in it grin

Once upon a time I could sit and watch TV and spend a good amount of time doing it, not now. Now I would rather be working outside on a project, cooking and filling the freezer with good meals, or reading, I read a lot of different types of books, right now I am reading "Low Level Hell" by Hugh L. Mills Jr.. Excellent book and full of background information which feeds my interest in the history of the OH-58 (D), "Kiowa".

Now, as for hummingbird watching, I have never in my life seen a hummingbird in person. I have seen lots on TV, lots in books, but never for real. So that would be an awesome thing to experience smile

Ten dogs now ? You are a kind and loving man Mickey, they are so very lucky to have crossed your path and became a part of your family.

I am honoured by your invitation. But now that works both ways, if you get down here Fort Rucker/Dothan way let me know, I would be happy to have a chance to cook a meal for you. And if you ever get in the mood for a trip to Eastern Canada (Quebec) let me know, you would be more than welcome in my home there also. I have a little acreage that can be hunted (good deer hunting) and a piece further north that is good for moose hunting, or so my brother says it is.

I still have your number, and I will be calling soon to let you know when I'll be through that way. I will PM you my numbers in case you get a chance to come visiting me, north or south smile

Lynn

The hummingbirds will be leaving in about 3 weeks but they are here in droves now. They are bulking up for the migration. It's nothing to see 30-40 around the feeders and they will feed within a few feet of you. You can actually hear the humming from their wings and they chirp a lot, too.

Ride up on a Saturday or Sunday just for a visit. I'll fix hamburgers or something. You're only about 90 minutes away.
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: How do you apologize - 09/23/09
Mickey,

I will give you a ring before the end of the week and set something up with you smile

Lynn

*PS* Check your messages.
© 24hourcampfire