Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
lynn,

remember guys don't understand hints. best to be direct and ask him straight up what you did. and do it in person. tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
There are a number of things a woman can do to a man that can't be fixed. If you haven't experienced them, count your blessings.

Lynn, people can have problems pressing them hard that may have nothing to do with you. Just keep being yourself and let it work out naturally.

WHUT?
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
If a guy is acting like you did something wrong it usually means that he did something that he feels guilty about.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Or maybe had an opinion that he really doesn't understand or disagrees with. Like politics, religion, the color of the sky or whatever.

Good luck.

Retired cat herder.

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Mosaic_Lynn
It is hard when the person won't allow you the opening to talk about it.

I would do anything to make it right, whatever it is. Their friendship is of value to me, and in turn I thought mine was too.

But maybe not.

I hate to say it, but this sounds like something you probably can't "fix". If the other person is unwilling to engage you with some meaningful dialog, what can you do?

It's a bitter pill, I know. Decade-long friends of ours are no now absent from our lives. My wife and I were the Best Man and Maid-of-Honor at their wedding. We still don't know what caused the riff, and since the other couple is either unable or unwilling to discuss it, despite our best efforts, I doubt we ever will fully understand why the friendship ended.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Start it off with some nookie. Then fix him some biscuits and gravy.

While he's eating the biscuits and gravy, offer your apology.

He'll look up with gravy running down his chin and say, "Huh?,...oh,...okay",..then continue eating.

There's nothing a woman can do to a man that can't be fixed with nookie and biscuits and gravy.

That's another sure fire way to go. I'd change it to chocolate biscuits though. It's like kryptonite.

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
I think she already has the answer-she said there is no sex! I don't know of a single guy that an offer of sex would have no effect on...

I dated a girl once that was a raging you-know-what.. From that relationship I learned a lot about how to "fight" in a relationship.. Here's what I can offer to resolve your issue from one of those fights... If you are not sure whether or not you did something wrong, just make it all his fault, turn the tides and put him on the defensive.. How to do that? Offer him sex. If he accepts-problem solved. If he declines, then you take on the "emotionally distraught, hurt/rejected" feelings and REFUSE to speak to him.. If he cares at all, and wants to mend the fence, he will come a running trying to make up for the problem HE caused (even though you set him up). I know it sounds like work, but I'll bet $100 bucks that this will work.. I'm a guy, I fell for it.. More than once.. Even after I saw the trap, I still fell for it..

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Kawabuggy

I dated a girl once that was a raging you-know-what.. From that relationship I learned a lot about how to "fight" in a relationship.. Here's what I can offer to resolve your issue from one of those fights... If you are not sure whether or not you did something wrong, just make it all his fault, turn the tides and put him on the defensive.. How to do that? Offer him sex. If he accepts-problem solved. If he declines, then you take on the "emotionally distraught, hurt/rejected" feelings and REFUSE to speak to him.. If he cares at all, and wants to mend the fence, he will come a running trying to make up for the problem HE caused (even though you set him up). I know it sounds like work, but I'll bet $100 bucks that this will work.. I'm a guy, I fell for it.. More than once.. Even after I saw the trap, I still fell for it..

Playing games with relationships is ridiculous.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

Not really, the last time we talked it seemed okay. I had expressed my feelings on a subject,...

Lynn

There it is.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crowrifle
Men are not genetically capable of being stubborn.

Exactly.
Tis a trait only displayed by females...
grin

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm betting that we're dealing with an older fellow here. Old pharts have a tendency to overestimate their importance and totally disregard the fact that they just could be wrong about something.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
By chance if the word MARRIAGE/ RING was ever mentioned, I sure it could have been taken as offensive. eek gw

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
*** Lynn, I accept your apology for whatever it was you did or didn't do or say. I can't remember what it was as I've slept since then. So, let's carry on. blush

OK, problem solved, now, where's the biscuits and gravy??? grin ***

Seriously, I wish I could give you some good advise, but that's not one of my strong points. BTDT. That's why there are a lot more dogs I get along with than people.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sometimes something that was said or done could be misconstrued. It is necessary to find out if and what that may have been. THAT can be easily worked out if that is the case. It just may not be easy to find out what the act or words were.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How do you apologize to someone for something you did, when you don't even know what it is you did in the first place.

Lynn

Rule #1 You must pay much closer attention to your offensiveness.
Or you can say what I tell them " Look deep into my baby blue eyes, Do you see any give a ....s ? " grin

Pat

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man, hated and scorned.
When the cause succeeds, however, the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot."
_ Mark Twain
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JOG
How do you apologize to someone for something you did, when you don't even know what it is you did in the first place.

Speaking for the crew, we don't know much about women.

Good because it's a man, and he's stubborn.

Lynn

Well, if it's a man we don't care so much. smirk

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
How do you apologize to someone for something you did, when you don't even know what it is you did in the first place. Seriously. On average it probably would not bug me as much, but I hold so much respect for this person, it is just driving me nuts.

Lynn

Well, if you don't know, I'm not going to tell you! That's what women tell me.

I think most men would appreciate a direct approach. Tell him that it seems you may have offended him but don't understand how. Ask "what did I do?" and "How can I fix it?"

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Lynn,

Just tell him that you are very sorry for what you did that hurt him ...

No explanation, questions, qualifications, or excuses. Just, "I am sorry."

I believe you to be a sincere and honest person ... you are not lying by apologizing to someone even when you have done nothing wrong to apologise for.

Because, you ARE "sorry" that someone you dearly regard has taken offense to you.

If that person is worth it, you need to take a step that they are incapable of taking.

good luck -

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rule number 1 . . .
Don't ask a bunch of redneck guys to play Ann Landers -- all you're ever gonna get is bad advice. grin

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by HOOKER

Lynn

Rule #1 You must pay much closer attention to your offensiveness.
Or you can say what I tell them " Look deep into my baby blue eyes, Do you see any give a ....s ? " grin

Pat

When did you meet my wife?

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

486 members (01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 58 invisible), 2,250 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,377
Posts18,506,628
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.