Home
Posted By: isaac Bowl Games - 01/01/10
Aub/NW might be a close one and one that's been short-shrifted by some, including myself.

WVU is a big deal here in this house and I also look forward to OSU/Oregon and the LSU game.

Auburn 7-0 with NW in the red-zone.
Posted By: isaac Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
WOW...that was impressive.
Posted By: Mako25 Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
Cheerios over Wheaties - hands down.

Bullets wagered again?
Posted By: Boggy Creek Ranger Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
None today I am hotly interested in.

All I can say about Oregon/Ohio State is I hope they beat the snot out of each other. wink

Then I guess I'll have to see what the old man does in his last hurrah.

BCR
Posted By: Foxbat Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
Weather sucks here in Florida today. Cold front coming through and raining. May impact the Gator, Outback and Capital One bowl. Especially the Capital One where the field conditions were dog shyt a few days ago and now with the rain, will likely be horrible. The Citrus Bowl management should be sued for gross negligence.
Just Will's Bowl Picks and a box of bullets with 257Roy on the OSU/Or game. I feel bad doing this to Roy as he could buy a lot of diapers for what the 30.06 shells are gonna cost him.
Posted By: Teal Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
Originally Posted by isaac
I feel bad doing this to Roy as he could buy a lot of diapers for what the 30.06 shells are gonna cost him.

You bet Roy or Maser?
Posted By: 257_Roy Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
I'll have you know, we have graduated from diapers to simply having to wipe the kids butts when they go.

Still gross, but much cheaper...grin
Posted By: 257_Roy Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
Besides, here in the man cave, wiping butts is a womans duty today.

She can afford to miss reruns of "Cry me a River" or some such chick crap that she has going on. I can't afford to miss a single play of any game that is on today.
Posted By: T LEE Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
Bob, do you have a regular account with several shipping services? smile smile smile
Posted By: MagMarc Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
Well as you can guess I'm very happy with last nights game! grin I'm hoping the EERs will be happy in a few hours as well!
Originally Posted by T LEE
Bob, do you have a regular account with several shipping services? smile smile smile

=============

You seem to be feeling better.
Posted By: Mako25 Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
With the caliber of wit 'round here I'm sure -

"I feel bad doing this to Roy as he could buy a lot of diapers for what the 30.06 shells are gonna cost him."

- will bring more than a few responses. I've got a hunch you already knew that though.

Best of luck on your wager, paying-double is noble, but expensive.
Posted By: sgt217 Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
Bob, it's not too late to go w Texas.....
Bob, it's not too late to go w Texas.....
You're turning into a Ca valley girl,sgt. You posting twice to be "fer sure, fer sure?"
Originally Posted by Mako25
With the caliber of wit 'round here I'm sure -

"I feel bad doing this to Roy as he could buy a lot of diapers for what the 30.06 shells are gonna cost him."

- will bring more than a few responses. I've got a hunch you already knew that though.

Best of luck on your wager, paying-double is noble, but expensive.

=============

Oh yeah...as you know, the boys and gals on this forum can tell you exactly where sympathy is found in your Merriam Webster. Last night, Terry was virtually on his death bed and he still mustred up the MOJO to be talking smack to a front-runner!
Originally Posted by 257_Roy
Besides, here in the man cave, wiping butts is a womans duty today.

She can afford to miss reruns of "Cry me a River" or some such chick crap that she has going on. I can't afford to miss a single play of any game that is on today.

================

Been a long time since I watched New Year's day bowl games eating animal crackers and drinking juice from a sippee cup!
Originally Posted by T LEE

=============

You seem to be feeling better.

Nope, jest more ornery than usual! :):)
OSU would be a good pick for ya too there Bobby....

At least I know enough about the games NOT to bet on them! smile smile
21-7 at the half in favor of Auburn. Two key interceptions have kept Auburn in control of this game.

280REM...if you're glancing at this Jim, Happy New Year,buddy.

Also, if you are looking but didn't wish to reply, maybe this will entice you...I read in ESPN Insider magazine that Auburn has a huge gay student population. What's up with that?
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
NW's doing their best to make AU look good.........they outgained 'em by nearly 100 yards in the 1st half.

MM
Auburn caught the gay............ It's going around! cry There needs to be a vaccine for that!
WVU draws first blood...7-0!!

Yeah baby!!
Posted By: Teal Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
Field in the LSU Penn St. Game is mush.

Man From Laramie is on too. Switchin back n forth.
Noel Devine rules...already over 100 yards, I think.
Dang Isaac, Devine caught from behind. Has he caught the "slow"?
Posted By: Steve_NO Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
the sloppy field and sloppy play making for a not much fun to watch game....Penn St. leads LSU 7-3 with ten minutes left in the half.
The heifer lot on the dairy where my wife grew up was never as bad as the field.
LSU left their offense back in Baton Rouge....P State has fumbled four times and recovered them all....LSU's D backs have had at least three INTs in their hands and dropped them....and Toliver drops an easy TD pass. It ain't our day....still close enough, and P State's offense is sputtering enough....LSU could win it, but this drive is the nut-cutter.
Jeez....Toliver drops a 40 yard pass, and on the next play LSU coughs it up on their own 25.
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
LSU got the stupid.

Can't believe that I've been talking all week about PSU winning it, and somehow picked LSU in the pick'm. WTF?
well, they held them to another FG....two TDs and LSU is in it, but they can't seem to find their own asses today. Jefferson either throws it in the dirt, or the receiver drops it, and the fourth string tailback...the only one left....ain't cutting it so they have no credible run threat.
Posted By: RufusG Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
The PSU-LSU game has at least a couple more screwy bounces left in it. That field isn't getting any better.
quick LSU TD after a good runback....16-10 P State
Posted By: Soulfly Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
LSU/PSU game, not even the kickers have clean uniforms, now thats football!!
Defense holds, Holliday with a nice punt return to midfield. Jefferson has a short field to work with, if he's up to it, for a TD to take the lead.
WVU scores and down by 2. LSU a score(TD) away from the lead...Let's go boys!!

I need some MOJO!!
freaking Tolliver just dropped his fourth pass.....but redeems himself with a forty yard catch. first and goal on the one for LSU.
"Der it is!!
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
LSU is ready for the charge to victory now.
I so hope WVU has a good recruiting class for their defense.
PSU offense stumbling now...consecutive penalties...fourth down...now they have to punt to Holliday again.
What a mucky mess that field is.
they said it had been resodded after high school playoffs or something like that...obviously didn't take. the turf is coming up in chunks.

pretty bush league for a semi-major bowl
That was my thought exactly. I'm sure it will come up in conversation with whoever is responsible.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
Same field as the Miami/Badgers game on Tuesday.
this is looking eerily familiar....PSU going to score with very little time left, leaving LSU wondering how it happened.
PSU has been able to run very effectively despite the miserable field conditions.
Posted By: arctic338 Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
Might win one for "JoePa". Could a Big Ten actually win one against the SEC???
Holliday runs it back to the 40....LSU just needs a FG to win.
FSU played all 4 qtrs for Bowden. Although this one hurts, the loss is a bit more easy to take with that stat behind it.

Nah...that's a lie. SOAFB!
Posted By: shreck Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
Close ending coming up, odd penalty tho. Personal fowl.
Posted By: Jocko_Slugshot Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
JoePa adds Les Miles' scalp to his belt. PSU 2 - 0 versus LSU in bowl games.
Damn!
after an incredibly bad call by the zebras, LSU runs out of time.

PSU wins by two.....they played the better game, and deserve it. too bad both sides had to play on such a crappy field.
2 wins for the old guy coaches today....
Posted By: shreck Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

PSU wins by two.....they played the better game, and deserve it. too bad both sides had to play on such a crappy field.

Well grabbing an opposing player and dragging him off the pile deserves a flag, maybe delay of game.
I think the schools below the top three in the SEC would go through the ranks of most other conferences like wolves through sheep. Barring the one good team in each conference,I mean.

wink
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
One of the historically beautiful things about football is that it has to be played in the conditions that the day presents. The movement to turn it into a track meet by guaranteeing the playing surface will favor the faster team is not something that I like.
LSU got the gift of a couple calls as well in that game. The officiating was pretty bad for both sides.

That was a clear neutral zone infraction on LSU 3rd down when the refs called the illegal shift on PSU.

Originally Posted by 5sdad
One of the historically beautiful things about football is that it has to be played in the conditions that the day presents. The movement to turn it into a track meet by guaranteeing the playing surface will favor the faster team is not something that I like.

Amen. Football isn't meant to be played on plastic or in domes. Snow, rain, wind, fog, torn up turf... both teams have to play on the same field.

Miami had to play on the same shyt field two nights ago and it ended the career of our best RB, but I never blamed the field for the result.
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
Originally Posted by Foxbat

Amen. Football isn't meant to be played on plastic or in domes. Snow, rain, wind, fog, torn up turf... both teams have to play on the same field.

Miami had to play on the same shyt field two nights ago and it ended the career of our best RB, but I never blamed the field for the result.

Amen.

As for Cooper, he's done for good? Damn......................
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
FSU played all 4 qtrs for Bowden. Although this one hurts, the loss is a bit more easy to take with that stat behind it.

Nah...that's a lie. SOAFB

Hope you enjoyed it grin
Rather funny,ain't it?
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Amen.

Possible. They are saying 12 months minimum and the reports are it was a bad tear.
Posted By: Dale K Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
I'm glad I don't have to wash the uniforms after that PSU/LSU game. It was all around ugly but we'll take the win.

The Auburn/NW game had a wild ending to it. A review changing the call, roughing the kicker, fake field goal attempt, all in overtime. And a ton of passing, the NW quarterback was 47-78 for 532 yds. I got tired just watching them run up and down the field!

Dale
Am I mistaken in believing that the Mtn West and the Big East and 10 are the only 3 confrerences over 500 in the bowl games??

I'm trying to put together something after a phone call with Sean?

If anyone knows real quick like, I'd appreciate the reply.
Posted By: sse Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
too bad both sides had to play on such a crappy field.

Capital One was going to fix that, but they couldn't line up the money...LOL
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
Am I mistaken in believing that the Mtn West and the Big East and 10 are the only 3 confrerences over 500 in the bowl games??

Big XII 3-2
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Bowl Games - 01/01/10
[quote]Possible. They are saying 12 months minimum and the reports are it was a bad tear./quote]

I hated to watch that play when he was injured. Seems like it will be like the McGahee injury . I think he will be ok, Dr's are getting real good at mending knees. Blame on that injury is on that horrible field, no one laid a hand on Cooper.
Originally Posted by shreck
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

Well grabbing an opposing player and dragging him off the pile deserves a flag, maybe delay of game.

at most...PSU was laying on the pile trying to burn the clock...don't think it mattered much. when the top three tailbacks are back in the lineup next year and we have some kind of running game, maybe Jefferson will do better.
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: Bowl Games - 01/02/10
Stewart is a nice guy surrounded by a lot of tallent he can't get in gear. He needs to be replaced. The tallent won't go to Morgantown if surrounded by lack luster performance. WVU needs a head coach. That said, congrats to Bobby Bowden. He's a class act and always has been. He got a little revenge for being run out of Morgantown. blush
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: Bowl Games - 01/02/10

Amen.

Possible. They are saying 12 months minimum and the reports are it was a bad tear.

Damned shame.

I am NOT a Miami fan, but that kid is very, very good and great to watch.
Posted By: isaac Re: Bowl Games - 01/02/10
Dave....I agree.

Roy...Congrats to you. Long time coming for the both of you and you deserved it. Good game...good win.

PM your pleasure.
Damn Bob "lock picks".

We ought to have an opt out clause just for last minute "Bob" interference.
I should be President the way I could revive the economy!
Posted By: 257_Roy Re: Bowl Games - 01/02/10
Dave....I agree.

Roy...Congrats to you. Long time coming for the both of you and you deserved it. Good game...good win.

PM your pleasure.

Lil ol me?

I mean, I WIN, I WIN, I WIN!!!!!!
BTW, relating to your earlier comments, I would like a box of Huggies Size 6!

We won't even begin to talk about the load that will be worked up for them....
BTW, relating to your earlier comments, I would like a box of Huggies Size 6!

We won't even begin to talk about the load that will be worked up for them....

WTF? Did you adopt Maser or somethin'?
I have kids. Earlier Isaac made the comment about me having to change diapers all day.

Kinda kills it when I have to explain it...
Just Will's Bowl Picks and a box of bullets with 257Roy on the OSU/Or game. I feel bad doing this to Roy as he could buy a lot of diapers for what the 30.06 shells are gonna cost him.

See?
Moving on...

At least I don't think that Cincy is going to be talking about getting screwed out of a title shot.

They may have been fairly deserving, but damn. This looks a lot like the 06 title game with FL/OSU, but not quite so painful for me to watch.
This looks a lot like the 06 title game with FL/OSU, but not quite so painful for me to watch.

Nope, this one is a much better game than that one............
Posted By: Steve_NO Re: Bowl Games - 01/02/10
Moving on...

At least I don't think that Cincy is going to be talking about getting screwed out of a title shot.

They may have been fairly deserving, but damn. This looks a lot like the 06 title game with FL/OSU, but not quite so painful for me to watch.

actually it looks a lot like the '08 game where an OK SEC team, Georgia, put a shellacking on the undefeated Hawaii Hula Dancers or whatever they're called....who played similarly weak opposition to that on which Cincinatti earned its ranking.
This looks a lot like the 06 title game with FL/OSU, but not quite so painful for me to watch.

Nope, this one is a much better game FOR ME TO WATCH than that one............

Concur.

Nope, this one is a much better game than that one............

Restated, as accurate and appropriate.
Posted By: Two503000 Re: Bowl Games - 01/02/10
-----------------------------------------------------------
Might win one for "JoePa". Could a Big Ten actually win one against the SEC???
----------------------------------------------------------
Actually, he's 9-5 against the SEC in bowl games. Alabama is on the schedule next year for your "payback"?
PSU will take this mud musher win and savor it. On a dry field I have to think they win by two TD's.
I saved my best Partagas victory cigar for celebration.
Good game and close enough. Good thing PSU's kicker was on today or Steve NO would have been lighting up. lol.
--OH yeah... the Bucks looked good yesterday,too!
Posted By: sse Re: Bowl Games - 01/02/10
At least three times they settled for field goals, that's 12 points right there.
Posted By: Steve_NO Re: Bowl Games - 01/02/10
local media are savaging LSU today.....sleepwalking through the first half, a defense that just let PSU run at will, and then when they had a chance to steal the win...ball on the forty and a minute to get a field goal, they fell apart. Calling that idiot bubble screen into the middle of the field but short of a first down, with no time outs, was incredibly stupid. And the PSU guys doing the logical thing and getting up in slow motion led to the penalty that pretty much sealed it.

Miles will stay, but some heads will roll among the staff for a 9-4 year.
Posted By: biglmbass Re: Bowl Games - 01/02/10
You'd have to see a GA game to see as much talent play as poorly as LSU yesterday.
Nah...Cincy wins that honor so far....hands down.

Poor kids....Kelly left them staggered and confused. That's some schiit to put on teenagers who spilled their blood and guts for you a whole year.
Nah...Cincy wins that honor so far....hands down.

Poor kids....Kelly left them staggered and confused. That's some schiit to put on teenagers who spilled their blood and guts for you a whole year.

And, just like Meeschitagain did when they got RR (Kelly, prequel), Notre Dame will reap what it's sown and should really consider what it is that they just bought.

I'd much like to see the NCAA institute a rule that no coaching changes are permitted until your season (including bowl games) is FULLY over, and no contact permitted with any coach who's season is not FULLY over (including bowl games).
Posted By: DARBY Re: Bowl Games - 01/02/10
isaac, does that explain how UWV prevailed when RR bailed -- ?? frown
WVU hated RR for "waht and how" RR went about his deceipt and it was a "prove it without you" kind of deal for the players. These kids loved Kelly and were actually happy for him that he went to top tier. I'm suggesting Kelly could have made ND wait a week and if ND said no, Kelly should have thought twice about going there.
Posted By: George_De_Vries_3rd Re: Bowl Games - 01/02/10

My son-in-law hurriedly told me the Mtn West was 4-0, the B10, 2-2 so far; I cannot tell you about the BE conference nor can I gurantee what I just told you..though he is a football junkie of the first order.
Posted By: biglmbass Re: Bowl Games - 01/02/10
These kids loved Kelly and were actually happy for him that he went to top tier. I'm suggesting Kelly could have made ND wait a week and if ND said no, Kelly should have thought twice about going there.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Pretty low class to skip out on coaching a bowl game your team worked like hell to get to.
Posted By: byc Re: Bowl Games - 01/02/10
I still can't figure out what Urban Meyers is going to do. Afters last night's game he said his plans were to continue coaching FL. Guess this is the new trend for athletes and coaches alike now----to announce retirement and then not. Or even worse just leaving mid-to-end of season and switching programs. Gives me an even deeper appreciation for coaches like Joe Paterno and Bobby Bowden.

Go Gamecocks!
Posted By: Soulfly Re: Bowl Games - 01/02/10
Originally Posted by DARBY

I think that UWV prevailed because of Pat White, he was the true leader of that team and that win over Oklahoma prooved it in my mind.
Posted By: Soulfly Re: Bowl Games - 01/02/10
Originally Posted by biglmbass
These kids loved Kelly and were actually happy for him that he went to top tier. I'm suggesting Kelly could have made ND wait a week and if ND said no, Kelly should have thought twice about going there.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Pretty low class to skip out on coaching a bowl game your team worked like hell to get to.

Even Lou Holtz said he could have waited a week, said he should have asked them if they wanted him to stay. Guess it just anoys me when people leave things half done. Hope thoes kids at ND were watching his actions.
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: Bowl Games - 01/02/10
Originally Posted by DARBY

RR had the team honed to a fine edge. He was the reason Pitt won and knocked WVU out of a shot at the national championship. With Pat White and Owen Schmitt as team leaders, McGee callng the plays, and the team filled with resolve, Stewart only had to turn them loose, which he did. wink
Posted By: Soulfly Re: Bowl Games - 01/03/10
Dave in WV, heres one you'll like

Posted By: High_Brass Re: Bowl Games - 01/03/10
270Lightningbar,

I saw that the night they won the bowl game. Owen Schmitt is definitely missed at West Virginia.
© 24hourcampfire