-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
One of the historically beautiful things about football is that it has to be played in the conditions that the day presents. The movement to turn it into a track meet by guaranteeing the playing surface will favor the faster team is not something that I like.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
LSU got the gift of a couple calls as well in that game. The officiating was pretty bad for both sides.

That was a clear neutral zone infraction on LSU 3rd down when the refs called the illegal shift on PSU.

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by 5sdad
One of the historically beautiful things about football is that it has to be played in the conditions that the day presents. The movement to turn it into a track meet by guaranteeing the playing surface will favor the faster team is not something that I like.

Amen. Football isn't meant to be played on plastic or in domes. Snow, rain, wind, fog, torn up turf... both teams have to play on the same field.

Miami had to play on the same shyt field two nights ago and it ended the career of our best RB, but I never blamed the field for the result.

[Linked Image]

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Foxbat

Amen. Football isn't meant to be played on plastic or in domes. Snow, rain, wind, fog, torn up turf... both teams have to play on the same field.

Miami had to play on the same shyt field two nights ago and it ended the career of our best RB, but I never blamed the field for the result.

Amen.

As for Cooper, he's done for good? Damn......................

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
FSU played all 4 qtrs for Bowden. Although this one hurts, the loss is a bit more easy to take with that stat behind it.

Nah...that's a lie. SOAFB

Hope you enjoyed it grin

IC B2

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Rather funny,ain't it?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Amen.

Possible. They are saying 12 months minimum and the reports are it was a bad tear.

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I'm glad I don't have to wash the uniforms after that PSU/LSU game. It was all around ugly but we'll take the win.

The Auburn/NW game had a wild ending to it. A review changing the call, roughing the kicker, fake field goal attempt, all in overtime. And a ton of passing, the NW quarterback was 47-78 for 532 yds. I got tired just watching them run up and down the field!

Dale

This space for rent

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Am I mistaken in believing that the Mtn West and the Big East and 10 are the only 3 confrerences over 500 in the bowl games??

I'm trying to put together something after a phone call with Sean?

If anyone knows real quick like, I'd appreciate the reply.

Last edited by isaac; 01/01/10.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
too bad both sides had to play on such a crappy field.

Capital One was going to fix that, but they couldn't line up the money...LOL

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by isaac
Am I mistaken in believing that the Mtn West and the Big East and 10 are the only 3 confrerences over 500 in the bowl games??

I'm trying to put together something after a phone call with Sean?

If anyone knows real quick like, I'd appreciate the reply.

Big XII 3-2

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
[quote]Possible. They are saying 12 months minimum and the reports are it was a bad tear./quote]

I hated to watch that play when he was injured. Seems like it will be like the McGahee injury . I think he will be ok, Dr's are getting real good at mending knees. Blame on that injury is on that horrible field, no one laid a hand on Cooper.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 01/01/10.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shreck
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
after an incredibly bad call by the zebras, LSU runs out of time.

PSU wins by two.....they played the better game, and deserve it. too bad both sides had to play on such a crappy field.

Well grabbing an opposing player and dragging him off the pile deserves a flag, maybe delay of game.

at most...PSU was laying on the pile trying to burn the clock...don't think it mattered much. when the top three tailbacks are back in the lineup next year and we have some kind of running game, maybe Jefferson will do better.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Stewart is a nice guy surrounded by a lot of tallent he can't get in gear. He needs to be replaced. The tallent won't go to Morgantown if surrounded by lack luster performance. WVU needs a head coach. That said, congrats to Bobby Bowden. He's a class act and always has been. He got a little revenge for being run out of Morgantown. blush

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Amen.

Possible. They are saying 12 months minimum and the reports are it was a bad tear.

Damned shame.

I am NOT a Miami fan, but that kid is very, very good and great to watch.

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Dave....I agree.

Roy...Congrats to you. Long time coming for the both of you and you deserved it. Good game...good win.

PM your pleasure.

William Arthur Ward

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Damn Bob "lock picks".

We ought to have an opt out clause just for last minute "Bob" interference.

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
I should be President the way I could revive the economy!

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by isaac
Dave....I agree.

Roy...Congrats to you. Long time coming for the both of you and you deserved it. Good game...good win.

PM your pleasure.

Lil ol me?

I mean, I WIN, I WIN, I WIN!!!!!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Redistribute my work ethic, not my Wealth!!!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BTW, relating to your earlier comments, I would like a box of Huggies Size 6!

We won't even begin to talk about the load that will be worked up for them....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Redistribute my work ethic, not my Wealth!!!!!
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 16gage, 06hunter59, 1lessdog, 1minute, 53 invisible), 2,944 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,955
Posts18,519,375
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.