Home
Posted By: Karnis Census workers - 03/22/10
So...............what kind of greeting are census working going to receive now? Few vegetables flung in their general direction? Slam the door after giving the one finger salute?
Posted By: Clay Re: Census workers - 03/22/10
Few vegetables flung in their general direction?

Was thinking more like taking a chit in a large tupperware container for the next week and saving for their visit. Of course I'll ask them to step back from the front patio onto the sidewalk and display their ID ......... so its easier to wash down the sidewalk and not get any near the front door.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Census workers - 03/22/10
I hope they are a little bit brighter than the average tsa worker.. but i wouldn't count on it.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Census workers - 03/22/10
Remember - it's a person doing a job.. They didn't create it - they aren't in charge of it..

I'll be nice, but firm, the first time and tell 'em I answered the relevent question; the rest is crap and they can now leave and not come back... It's the second time someone comes that will generate a very different response..
Posted By: BrentD Re: Census workers - 03/22/10
It will be interesting to see the number of folks here on the fire that get fined, arrested, tased, etc.
Posted By: 1akhunter Re: Census workers - 03/22/10
who the heck pasted the crosshairs on that longhorn?

just looking to wound it?
Posted By: chris112 Re: Census workers - 03/22/10
Originally Posted by Redneck
Remember - it's a person doing a job.. They didn't create it - they aren't in charge of it..

I'll be nice, but firm, the first time and tell 'em I answered the relevent question; the rest is crap and they can now leave and not come back... It's the second time someone comes that will generate a very different response..

In addition to the first sentence, you might want to keep in mind that it is going to be someone from YOUR neighborhood. They are going to live there for what could be a very long time. They are doing their best to avoid having people from the next county over coming to your house.
If they don't get the information the first time they WILL keep coming back until they do get it. IT IS A CRIME TO NOT GIVE THE INFORMATION. It is also only 10 questions.
Posted By: chris112 Re: Census workers - 03/22/10
Originally Posted by BrentD
It will be interesting to see the number of folks here on the fire that get fined, arrested, tased, etc.

Or that find out the hard way that it is a FELONY to threaten a census worker.
Posted By: OSOK Re: Census workers - 03/22/10
I'm not going to threaten them, I'm just going to tell them to get their commie arse off of my property... now!
Posted By: Karnis Re: Census workers - 03/23/10
Guys it was a joke.
Posted By: okok Re: Census workers - 03/23/10
Answering the door with cock and balls dangling. cry
Posted By: Redneck Re: Census workers - 03/23/10
Originally Posted by chris112
In addition to the first sentence, you might want to keep in mind that it is going to be someone from YOUR neighborhood.
Doubtful on that..
If they don't get the information the first time they WILL keep coming back until they do get it.
They didn't ten years ago - and they won't now..
IT IS A CRIME TO NOT GIVE THE INFORMATION.
OOoooooooo,,, I'm TERRIFIED!!!!
It is also only 10 questions.
And nine of 'em ain't their business..
Posted By: RWE Re: Census workers - 03/23/10
Originally Posted by chris112
In addition to the first sentence, you might want to keep in mind that it is going to be someone from YOUR neighborhood. They are going to live there for what could be a very long time. They are doing their best to avoid having people from the next county over coming to your house.
If they don't get the information the first time they WILL keep coming back until they do get it. IT IS A CRIME TO NOT GIVE THE INFORMATION. It is also only 10 questions.

Looks like someone's got some seasonal employment......

Dude, seriously. In order to accomplish redistricting for representation purposes, number of people, and perhaps age if they want to ensure voting criteria.

But the status of my house, race, and whatnot, they simply don't need to know.

Does the fuggin form even ask if your a citizen?????
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Census workers - 03/23/10
I went into a supermarket a while back and there was a politician type outside on the sidewalk. He reminded me of one of the old "snake oil" salesmen. He was hitting up every minority to "Come to work, the Governmant's giving money away, come get your's. $10 per hour and milage!" It was offensive.
Posted By: chris112 Re: Census workers - 03/23/10
Originally Posted by okok
Answering the door with cock and balls dangling. cry

And she points and starts laughing like it is the funniest thing she ever saw...
Posted By: Wildlife Re: Census workers - 03/23/10
I got something from the Census in the mail a couple weeks ago I threw it away with the rest of the junk mail. Was I supposed to open it?
Originally Posted by Wildlife
I got something from the Census in the mail a couple weeks ago I threw it away with the rest of the junk mail. Was I supposed to open it?
That was probably your letter advising you that you will be getting a letter...

Gov't = stupid is, as stupid does..
That was probably your letter advising you that you will be getting a letter...

Gov't = stupid is, as stupid does..

I just got a postcard reminding me that I got a letter that the letter advised me about. confused
Posted By: 17ACKLEYBEE Re: Census workers - 03/23/10

Junk mail it was addressed to Resident. I've never called myself resident and they government has my name and address on lots of their computers.
I also got a postcard reminding me to fill out the census, and if I had already done so, they thanked me..

I wonder if that 'thanks' will stick around after they observe I answered Q#1 and not a thing after??

And gov't is going to be da bomb in health care administration..
Yeah.. Right.. Uh huh.. You betcha.. Oh, sure.. No doubt.. Best thing since sliced bread.. Salud!!
Posted By: rost495 Re: Census workers - 03/23/10
And we still haven't gotten any census forms that I"m so anxiously awaiting.
Originally Posted by rost495
And we still haven't gotten any census forms that I"m so anxiously awaiting.

Janet's stormtroopers are working on your file anyway.
Posted By: Otter Re: Census workers - 03/23/10
We got a letter about 3 weeks ago telling us that we would be receiving census forms within a week to 10 days. It was addressed to "resident". It also placed emphasis on the fact that it was a felony to disregard the census forms.

We received our census forms about 10 days ago. It was addressed to "resident". It also placed emphasis on the fact that it was a felony to disregard the census forms. We apparently received the "short form" because there were only a handful of questions to be answered. None of the information requested was intrusive (IMHO) as they could get the same info from the IRS or Google, so I answered them and put it back in the mail the next day.

Yesterday we received a postcard from the census folks. It was addressed to "resident". It also placed emphasis on the fact that it was a felony to disregard the census forms.

That's 3 separate mailings to our address. Yup, our government at "work" - wasted postage to obtain information they could get by checking with other sources within the beltway.
Posted By: Spanokopitas Re: Census workers - 03/23/10

Is it a felony? I don't think so, misdemeanor maybe, but giving false info might be a felony. Better think two of three times about that if you want to keep your things that go bang
Posted By: tzone Re: Census workers - 03/23/10
And nine of 'em ain't their business..

got a post card in the mail yesterday saying I need to answer all the questions. For some reason, I was 9 short of what they were looking for.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Census workers - 03/23/10

1. How many people were living or staying in this house, apartment, or mobile home on April 1, 2010?"

None yet...

Originally Posted by ltppowell

1. How many people were living or staying in this house, apartment, or mobile home on April 1, 2010?"

None yet...

If you fill it out now, and your wrong by April Fool's Day, they'll fine you $500 for filing false info.
Posted By: W7ACT Re: Census workers - 03/23/10
Haven't seen a Census Form yet, so I guess I'm guaranteed a visit from the Census Worker.......
happy birthday.
Posted By: Spanokopitas Re: Census workers - 03/23/10

Got a form at home, then when we went to our off grid ranch there was another form on our mailbox which is a mile distant from our front gate, then, when we reached the locked front gate there was another form.
I took both forms and put them on our neighbors' cabin doors. These cabins are another mile past us (and the locked gate) on a private road. Can't wait to hear the neighbors' screams when they arrive at their cabins to discover census forms.
Posted By: JPro Re: Census workers - 03/24/10
I answered the questions about how many people lived here, and answered them honestly. I did not tell them if I owned my home, as that is my personal business. I told them the names and ages questions, and answered them honestly. As to race, I told them that each member is "American", and answered them honestly.

They don't want to know my religion, my shoe size, my IQ, so why race? We know why, and it will only serve to further divide our country. All the people who live in my home are proud Americans, and that will have to be good enough for them.....
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Census workers - 03/24/10

WHERE AS the US Census 2010 form D-1 912-5-2008 clearly asks for information based on existing conditions as of April 1, 2010.
AND AS that is impossible to ascertain before April 1, 2010.
THEREFORE anyone who fills out this form before April 1, 2010 is clearly in violation of Federal Law.
AND THEREFORE violators will be fast-tract convicted and transported and confined to the newly expanded Federal Prison at Guantanamo, Cuba.
DISCHARGE DATES will be based on past voting records.
OBAMA voters will be discharged on Nov. 1, 2010.
ALL OTHERS will be discharged on Nov. 3, 2010.
© 24hourcampfire