Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Karnis Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
So...............what kind of greeting are census working going to receive now? Few vegetables flung in their general direction? Slam the door after giving the one finger salute?

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Few vegetables flung in their general direction?

Was thinking more like taking a chit in a large tupperware container for the next week and saving for their visit. Of course I'll ask them to step back from the front patio onto the sidewalk and display their ID ......... so its easier to wash down the sidewalk and not get any near the front door.

NRA Life Member
USPSA Life Member
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I hope they are a little bit brighter than the average tsa worker.. but i wouldn't count on it.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Remember - it's a person doing a job.. They didn't create it - they aren't in charge of it..

I'll be nice, but firm, the first time and tell 'em I answered the relevent question; the rest is crap and they can now leave and not come back... It's the second time someone comes that will generate a very different response..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
It will be interesting to see the number of folks here on the fire that get fined, arrested, tased, etc.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
who the heck pasted the crosshairs on that longhorn?

just looking to wound it?

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Redneck
Remember - it's a person doing a job.. They didn't create it - they aren't in charge of it..

I'll be nice, but firm, the first time and tell 'em I answered the relevent question; the rest is crap and they can now leave and not come back... It's the second time someone comes that will generate a very different response..

In addition to the first sentence, you might want to keep in mind that it is going to be someone from YOUR neighborhood. They are going to live there for what could be a very long time. They are doing their best to avoid having people from the next county over coming to your house.
If they don't get the information the first time they WILL keep coming back until they do get it. IT IS A CRIME TO NOT GIVE THE INFORMATION. It is also only 10 questions.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by BrentD
It will be interesting to see the number of folks here on the fire that get fined, arrested, tased, etc.

Or that find out the hard way that it is a FELONY to threaten a census worker.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm not going to threaten them, I'm just going to tell them to get their commie arse off of my property... now!

NRA Endowment Life
NAHC Life
MOLON LABE!
OCS 120th MP BN MSSG
Karnis Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Guys it was a joke.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Answering the door with cock and balls dangling. cry

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by chris112
In addition to the first sentence, you might want to keep in mind that it is going to be someone from YOUR neighborhood.
Doubtful on that..
If they don't get the information the first time they WILL keep coming back until they do get it.
They didn't ten years ago - and they won't now..
IT IS A CRIME TO NOT GIVE THE INFORMATION.
OOoooooooo,,, I'm TERRIFIED!!!!
It is also only 10 questions.
And nine of 'em ain't their business..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chris112
In addition to the first sentence, you might want to keep in mind that it is going to be someone from YOUR neighborhood. They are going to live there for what could be a very long time. They are doing their best to avoid having people from the next county over coming to your house.
If they don't get the information the first time they WILL keep coming back until they do get it. IT IS A CRIME TO NOT GIVE THE INFORMATION. It is also only 10 questions.

Looks like someone's got some seasonal employment......

Dude, seriously. In order to accomplish redistricting for representation purposes, number of people, and perhaps age if they want to ensure voting criteria.

But the status of my house, race, and whatnot, they simply don't need to know.

Does the fuggin form even ask if your a citizen?????

Last edited by RWE; 03/23/10.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I went into a supermarket a while back and there was a politician type outside on the sidewalk. He reminded me of one of the old "snake oil" salesmen. He was hitting up every minority to "Come to work, the Governmant's giving money away, come get your's. $10 per hour and milage!" It was offensive.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by okok
Answering the door with cock and balls dangling. cry

And she points and starts laughing like it is the funniest thing she ever saw...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I got something from the Census in the mail a couple weeks ago I threw it away with the rest of the junk mail. Was I supposed to open it?

I didn't understand a word you said, but whatever it was I'm right there with you.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Wildlife
I got something from the Census in the mail a couple weeks ago I threw it away with the rest of the junk mail. Was I supposed to open it?
That was probably your letter advising you that you will be getting a letter...

Gov't = stupid is, as stupid does..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck
That was probably your letter advising you that you will be getting a letter...

Gov't = stupid is, as stupid does..

I just got a postcard reminding me that I got a letter that the letter advised me about. confused

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Junk mail it was addressed to Resident. I've never called myself resident and they government has my name and address on lots of their computers.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 03/23/10.

NRA Lifetime Member
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I also got a postcard reminding me to fill out the census, and if I had already done so, they thanked me..

I wonder if that 'thanks' will stick around after they observe I answered Q#1 and not a thing after??

And gov't is going to be da bomb in health care administration..
Yeah.. Right.. Uh huh.. You betcha.. Oh, sure.. No doubt.. Best thing since sliced bread.. Salud!!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (160user, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257 mag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 53 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,782
Posts18,477,172
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.