Home
A little dated perhaps but the humor is still there. laugh

http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=19999
The guys at Kifaru are just envious of the intellectual firepower we exhibit here at the 'fire.
read the last two posts on that thread.

"The Song Remains the Same"
PHILOS...recognizing that prose like a bad flashback.
This Philos Guy sound like some Liberal Chit Head. Another Obama subject.
We could probably teach them all a thing or two. The last two posts show they are on their way to lighting thier own fire. They should visit here to learn the finer points of "fire" building!! We'll show 'em.
So does the Turd-like clan become the "loony band of turd-like people"?

If he thinks the "babe" threads were out there, he should flex his reading comprehension abilities on some of Gus' posts.
Wow, they should have seen it when bigstick, lee24 and oldman 1942 were still around!
Rick has tangibly loosened the reins around here in the last couple years, for better or worse.

It does lead to what I would consider to be some pretty out-there posts and threads, especially on the Campfire forum. Threats of physical violence, and blatantly bigoted racial stuff are what bug me, personally. Those would not be tolerated on most forums but they are fairly common here these days. So, to a degree, I understand how that guy could pop his head in here, and come away going... wow, that place is nuts!

But that's OK. We self-police pretty well. If something is too far out there, I'm not shy about saying so, and likewise if I say something that people consider to be out there, they don't seem to be shy about lambasting it... grin...
Yup just like sandy mangina threads huh JeffO? wink Speaking of nuts......... I beleive Planters is looking for you! whistle
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Rick has tangibly loosened the reins around here in the last couple years, for better or worse.

It does lead to what I would consider to be some pretty out-there posts and threads, especially on the Campfire forum. Threats of physical violence, and blatantly bigoted racial stuff are what bug me, personally. Those would not be tolerated on most forums but they are fairly common here these days. So, to a degree, I understand how that guy could pop his head in here, and come away going... wow, that place is nuts!

But that's OK. We self-police pretty well. If something is too far out there, I'm not shy about saying so, and likewise if I say something that people consider to be out there, they don't seem to be shy about lambasting it... grin...

Save a tree,.....Shoot a hippie.

GTC
Lynching em's acceptable, too.

GTC
I look at the Campfire the same as sitting around a wood stove in a old country store like back in the 50 & 60's talking about any and everything , hunting, guns Politics etc!!!
I'm one of the loonies who is happy he is out-of-control. Keeps everybody on an even keel, well except for Bob. laugh
I think those puzzies are looking for a rumble
laugh
this is about the most "balanced" place i've ever been.
Originally Posted by derby_dude
I'm one of the loonies who is happy he is out-of-control. Keeps everybody on an even keel, well except for Bob. laugh

===========

You're one happy loon alright, Tim my man!!
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
I think those puzzies are looking for a rumble
laugh

Who wants to organize a raid? laugh
I saw we meet them in the dirt lot and settle this like men....

Wait its the internet there are not dirt lots. Schitt I am out of ideas then.

laugh laugh
Kifaru forums seem to be a good place for hunting/camping info, but I think some of them are a little sheltered about the ways of the internet. If they spent a couple days at Freeperland or DU their heads would explode grin
I was thinking a few of us ought to join that site. grin I need to find that link that says the FBI is watching you . It makes your pointer into a set of eyes.
Being overly "Civilized" has gotten us in to the mess we're in today. A little hootin' and hollerin' can do nothing but help. grin
Speaking of loony nut cases...
Well I always figured there were some who fail to see the humor in personal insult.

Hi, let me introduce you to kettle. Pot this is kettle. Kettle this is pot. whistle

Clyde
The FBI is Watching your every move!
I just saw this,....

"People get sage advice on this forum all the time, although the population, like most forums, includes its share of crackpots and people who are more interested in discussing political topics than firearms/hunting topics."

OHooooooo

GTC
OH MY GOD, read that last comment, they know who you are Derby!!
Originally Posted by tzone

You owe me a keyboard now, ...

thanks,

GTC
Well, I read your guys' schitt here and I enjoy it immensely. They only mentioned DerbyDude, but some of you others should be pizzed. You can be just as loony as him grin. Thanks guys and keep up the the good work.
So you people are saying this site isn't full of loonies......
Originally Posted by diamondjim
They only mentioned DerbyDude, but some of you others should be pizzed.

I am totally jelous!!
And here I thought this was just a Boobs and Border site...

Well, there was some gay catching talk, must be what they mean...

kent
I used to think this place was crazy, when I first joined.
Now, most other forums I frequent seem WAY too moderated and kinda boring-I will take this forum over any of the other hunting/shooting sites I have been on.
Originally Posted by bea175
I look at the Campfire the same as sitting around a wood stove in a old country store like back in the 50 & 60's talking about any and everything , hunting, guns Politics etc!!!

+1. And it's puzzling to me how that is still lost on some people.
Originally Posted by tzone

*LMAO*
In all seriousness, Ron mentioned the other night when we were at Ken's going out party, the best thing about 24 hour is the diversity. No other place has so many views and that is interesting.

We can argue over a subject and later share agreements on another... like a true hunting camp.

kent
Originally Posted by Gus

That's funny.......and a little scary.
Ya don't have to be looney to post here....

But it helps.
Kif-a-whoo????
Originally Posted by krp
In all seriousness, Ron mentioned the other night when we were at Ken's going out party, the best thing about 24 hour is the diversity. No other place has so many views and that is interesting.

We can argue over a subject and later share agreements on another... like a true hunting camp.

kent

With out a doubt the best forum I have participated in.
Keeps life interesting for sure. Addicting as well.
This site is the BEST!!

They/ You put up with ME!!! laugh

Ingwe
Here's the best post on that thread:

"I've never even heard of 24 hour campfire until now. So obviously I don't know exactly what you're talking about...but I can smell the stench of a busybody in your thread. I say you should mind your own business, and if you don't like it there, then don't go there. Why are you telling us anyway? If it's soooooo scary to you, why don't you go run along to your little government buddies and tell them?"
Apparently "Kifaru" is Swahili for "Caught the gay".
Originally Posted by Gus

Coming from you Gus, that has no meaning. None.

smile
Originally Posted by 340boy

..... boring.....I will take this forum over any of the other hunting/shooting sites I have been on.

Me too. Although there is only 2 or 3 others that I've ever looked at more than a couple times. This one's got it all and no censorship.
Shouldn't we be referred to as Turdlike out of control loonies? I mean WTF?

Ernie
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
Originally Posted by Gus

Coming from you Gus, that has no meaning. None.

smile

I knowwwww!
OH MY !!! Their watching us watching them watch us.....
Originally Posted by Gus

Gus, I don't think anyone here has any doubt about that. crazy
Originally Posted by 270LightningBLR

Hey, I'm a Faerie Dwarf do they expect me to be sane????? laugh

You know when you speak the truth people will call you nuts because that's easier than thinking.
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
A little dated perhaps but the humor is still there. laugh

http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=19999

I paid them a visit and found them very boring and very bored : it must be all that PC self censorship that clogs their minds and fills their posts.
This is to TAME,.....

Let's FIGHT,.....

Or BASH some Cops !

just kidding,.....

GTC
n all seriousness, Ron mentioned the other night when we were at Ken's going out party, the best thing about 24 hour is the diversity. No other place has so many views and that is interesting.

Well I might agree with that if there weren't a serious effort to chase most diversity away.

Many here would be happier if all dissenting opinion were chased out. I see most diverse opinion met with anger more so than interest. IMHO
Originally Posted by Barkoff
n all seriousness, Ron mentioned the other night when we were at Ken's going out party, the best thing about 24 hour is the diversity. No other place has so many views and that is interesting.

Well I might agree with that if there weren't a serious effort to chase most diversity away.

Many here would be happier if all dissenting opinion were chased out. I see most diverse opinion met with anger more so than interest. IMHO

Barkoff, it's all in your mind.

[Linked Image]

You thinkin that they were'nt referring to you ...priceless

I wouldn't say most hate you...cept maybe when you are defending...jeffobammy...or Kali....ok nevermind shocked
The 24-hour campfire forums out of control and full of loonies
I,m not a loonie or me either.
Originally Posted by TBaker5390

I wouldn't say most hate you...cept maybe when you are defending...jeffobammy...or Kali....ok nevermind shocked

Now why would you say that, I never brought up anyone hating me...where is the love dammit, where is the love?

Now why would you say that, I never brought up anyone hating me...where is the love dammit, where is the love?

You already know the campfire is no place to get warm. Although there are fleeting moments of simultaneous inebriation, good will to men and so forth.

[Linked Image]

around the jeff/kali cumbaya campfire...won't find much here...kiddin
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

"I've never even heard of 24 hour campfire until now. So obviously I don't know exactly what you're talking about...but I can smell the stench of a busybody in your thread. I say you should mind your own business, and if you don't like it there, then don't go there. Why are you telling us anyway? If it's soooooo scary to you, why don't you go run along to your little government buddies and tell them?"

P_R always seemed to be a really good guy.

are you saying that cuz you posted it????just askin...
Yup,....speakin' of loonies,......

GTC

TRH didn't post it.
A quick warning to all you yahoos over at Kifaru forums.

Do NOT start regularly reading on this here campfire. Your site doesn't have that much traffic to begin with and it'd be a crying shame to see it go completely down the tubes.

wink
Originally Posted by Gus

eek Gus thats just downright scary! GW laugh

Like all of the different "babes" threads. I don't particularly find them offensive, just unexpected and seemingly out of place.

At least they found some of the better threads.

Barkoff I love you man! In a non gay way of course!
Originally Posted by JasonB

TRH didn't post it.

Wasn't quoting your self absorbed ass...just sayin
JasonB,.....could you stand by ?

If we want any [bleep] outta' you we'll send somebody to squeeze yer' fat head.

thanks, ....

Have a nice forever.

GTC

laugh No. Sincerely. This is the first I've heard of that other site. Not a member there.
poor boy think's every post is directed at him...youngun...i figger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
JasonB,.....could you stand by ?

If we want any [bleep] outta' you we'll send somebody to squeeze yer' fat head.

thanks, ....

Have a nice forever.

GTC

I have corresponded with P_R and TRH, have you?

TRH didn't post it.

Wasn't quoting your self absorbed ass...just sayin

Just trying to keep you from being ignorant, but I see that is more of a burden than I care to take on.
[quote=TBaker5390][quote=JasonB][quote=TBaker5390][

Just trying to keep you from being ignorant, .

laugh Now thats real fire humor! eek

Originally Posted by oldtimer303
[quote=TBaker5390][quote=JasonB][quote=TBaker5390][

Just trying to keep you from being ignorant, .

laugh Now tthat real fire humor! eek

Just like a lot of other issues, post the facts that show many members to be either ignorant (and apparently wanting to stay that way) or that they are being dishonest and instead of admitting to being wrong/lying they choose to resort to name calling.
Me, Jeff O.. and who else????

Only our Oregon Members?
Originally Posted by Tom264
OH MY !!! Their watching us watching them watch us.....

Creepy!!!
Peeping tom264s is what they are.
You know, I just wonder if they find this nearly as fascinating as we do?

That is hilarious. The Campfire is gaining national attention--hopefully it's not from the feds......

Derby Dude got an honorable mention:

"OH MY GOD!!! Their watching us watching them

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthr...ou#Post4021929

Watch out for the one they call Derby Dude, he's crazy!!!
"

The reins were never tight to begin with.....nothing's changed Jeff.....

Casey
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Kif-a-whoo????

That was my first thought........

Casey
sure we'r Ba
lAn
c
e D
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

That is hilarious. The Campfire is gaining national attention--hopefully it's not from the feds......

Derby Dude got an honorable mention:

"OH MY GOD!!! Their watching us watching them

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthr...ou#Post4021929

Watch out for the one they call Derby Dude, he's crazy!!!
"

Too funny! Watching you!
It's prnounced

buh laaaaaaanced...

Exceptin for Gus, of course. Gotsta have an "im" before it then. lol
I went over just now and read that chit,....TOOOOoooo funny.

Great reputation for us,....what....?

Jack Nicholson rolls his eyes, Renfrew catches and eats another fly, JO and JasonB behave normally.

yup, and I'll buy the next round.

In, and out of Balance,.....SNAFU.

GTC

I'm gonna let the cat out of the bag;

Every member of the campfire is a US Senator or Representative.

Sleep well America.

#8 12-04-2009, 02:28 PM
evanhill
Senior Member Join Date: Jun 2002

Re: 24-hour campfire forums out of control!?!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assume that all electronic communications are being monitored. They probably are.

I started hanging out over at 24hour in the last month -- mainly the backpack hunting section. Good diversity of opinion there. There are certainly some things on the Hunter's Campfire section that have been... ahem... surprising. Like all of the different "babes" threads. I don't particularly find them offensive, just unexpected and seemingly out of place.

Where else would he expect to find babe threads? In a thread on sniper rifles? laugh
Originally Posted by Plinker
I'm gonna let the cat out of the bag;

Every member of the campfire is a US Senator or Representative.

Sleep well America.

Hey, THAT was supposed to remain classified.

Remember Vince Foster ?

GTC
Originally Posted by 270LightningBLR

Hey, I'm a Faerie Dwarf do they expect me to be sane????? laugh

You know when you speak the truth people will call you nuts because that's easier than thinking.

They still didn't spot Les ??

Casey

Agreed.
Jeff's perception has never really been his strong suit. wink
Originally Posted by Whelen Nut

Casey

Agreed.
Jeff's perception has never really been his strong suit. wink

grin grin
I'll disagree. Surprised? grin

2 years ago Rick shut down attack threads against named individuals fast.

2 years ago, threats of blatant personal violence were verboten.

No?
hahaha big stick has showed over thereon kifaru. can't wait to see what mischief he stirs up. he's only made the one post so far this should be good
Threatening someone personally and racially should probably be shut down. Threatening to harm a tree spikin' , communistic ,socialist hippie is patriotic....big difference
Originally Posted by stxhunter
hahaha big stick has showed over thereon kifaru. can't wait to see what mischief he stirs up. he's only made the one post so far this should be good
Seen that. grin
^
I'm leaving!!!!!!
Bye!
There has been a lot of talk about this "extremism" idea here as of late. I can honestly say that I don't see it.

Maybe its just cuz I'm such a whack-job myself, or maybe its because I'm a Libertarian who doesn't care what people say but will respect their rights to say it.

A good arguement is great, and whatever these supposed "extremist views" happen to be, they're just part of life on the net.

If you're too sensative to ignore a post here and there then I'm sure there are very well policed sites you can go and feel safe... I mean, unchallenged...

If you're concerned that big brother is watching and you're afraid, buy more guns. Make 'em ARs and pistols. And buy lots of components so you can stay loaded into eternity. That is what makes me feel better smile !
Bye!

You're coming with me----bring your guns--
Where we going?
I AM TOO A DAMNED LOONIE!
Support mental health !

Be nice,.....or I'll KILL you !

GTC
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
I AM TOO A DAMNED LOONIE!

... and a pervert!
Where we going?

Picking up Les, those Habs gals and heading off to Dave's. Bring Ingwe. BTW WTH is JM? Did he leave with Kevin?
I think the majority (certainly not all) of the people here are down to earth moderate to conservative people who like the opportunity to express their feelings about social issues who in politically correct company would be tared and feathered..lol
I dont know...he hasnt posted in something like almost 2 weeks..

Maybe we need to start some sort of Gay thread in his honor.

I like THAT idea...

Should make up for all the many of our faults found on that Kifaru site!
Screw it! Kill em all, God will know his.
Originally Posted by efw

I like THAT idea...

Yes "many of our faults" grin
Originally Posted by efw

I like THAT idea...

Just post something with the words "gay" and "Browning" in the thread title... that'll smoke him out.
JasonB was banned at Kifaru. How funny. Now his bubble is being burst here too. Splat, like a big ZIT!
folks that hang out in a product forum are gear whores and status symbol freaks.

[bleep] 'em, and the digital camo gear they wear. laugh
Originally Posted by william clunie
JasonB was banned at Kifaru. How funny. Now his bubble is being burst here too. Splat, like a big ZIT!

Seems the 24 Hour Campfire is more friendly to people that aren't in favor of Marxist republicans.

Remember how you used to make fun of me, but when I used your same tactics your little whiney assed marxist republican feelings got hurt? smile
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
folks that hang out in a product forum are gear whores and status symbol freaks.

[bleep] 'em, and the digital camo gear they wear. laugh

Some of them yes, but there was actually a fair amount of very good information on a wide range of topics. The poitical forum was and probably still is a sham since the only speach that is tolerated there is pro-big government republican. Express a view contrary to that and the big government (R) members are free to launch in to all manner of name calling/personal attacks, but if the poster whose opinion differs responds in kind and/or responds as often as the big government (R)'s that poster will be threatened with banning/eventually banned.
You continue to be full of schit. Obnoxious, repetitive, mouthy assed punks are the ones on the radar and you know it. Plenty of members have varying views and have been here a good long while.

You simply have nothing to offer but repetitive, obnoxious HS and you bring it all on yourself, douchebag!
Originally Posted by isaac
You continue to be full of schit. Obnoxious, repetitive, mouthy assed punks are the ones on the radar and you know it. Plenty of members have varying views and have been here a good long while.

Yes, there are quite a few members here who aren't big government republican whores and the Campfire is ok with them as I stated earlier. Not so on the Kifaru political forum.

Originally Posted by isaac
You simply have nothing to offer but repetitive, obnoxious HS and you bring it all on yourself, douchebag!

You're just upset that the failings of all you support gets pointed out, then you have to resort to name calling.

Why you guys go back and forth with a waste of skin like JasonB is beyond me Issac.

My blood pressure is lower with asswipes like him on ignore.

Ahh yes, the big government supporter with the Bonnie Blue Flag sig line. Irony in action.

Sounds like you've got a serious case of obsession with JasonB. Maybe you need to get in touch with your feelings. It appears that you've caught the gay.
When those guys mentioned with VA plates in their dark cars show up to arrest me for doing absolutely nothing wrong will one of you come get me? isaac?
Originally Posted by byc
When those guys mentioned with VA plates in their dark cars show up to arrest me for doing absolutely nothing wrong will one of you come get me? isaac?

Based on the prevailing attitude concerning the internment of US citizens in the 1940s who had also done nothing, the average response to such a scenario from the members would be any or all of the following:

1) say it was necessary
2) say it was for your own good
3) say it was done for your safety
4) blanket support without further comment
5) claim you really had done something wrong, and since what you allegedly had done wrong never gets mentioned it is obviously so wrong that it must be classified to save us all
6) claim it was somehow better than those other countries where that kind of crap happens
Originally Posted by okie
Threatening someone personally and racially should probably be shut down. Threatening to harm a tree spikin' , communistic ,socialist hippie is patriotic....big difference
Now there's a voice of reason in the wilderness of loonydom. cool
Originally Posted by JOG
Apparently "Kifaru" is Swahili for "Caught the gay".

Actually, thank you, that's quite good.

Seems the 24 Hour Campfire is more friendly to people that aren't in favor of Marxist republicans.

Remember how you used to make fun of me, but when I used your same tactics your little whiney assed marxist republican feelings got hurt? smile

Marxist republican? Whiner is as a whiner does. You were a loser at Kifaru.net, and you're a loser here. Probably a loser at many forums where you whine about everything. It is quite entertaining to watch you get pinched here .. like the big ZIT that you are. The huge number of fine fellows here keep your crap in line. Leaves me more time to hunt/fish/shoot/wash the car/etc.
Whine on to your heart's content, I've got to go and do something constructive.
Originally Posted by HR1207

Sounds like you've got a serious case of obsession with JasonB. Maybe you need to get in touch with your feelings. It appears that you've caught the gay.

Wow. I'm underwhelmed by your knowledge of all that is gay.

You seem to have an interest in that kind of stuff, eh? Maybe you and JasonB have something more going on that I had ever figured? Now I get it ... are you two part of the PINK PISTOLS (gay for guns) or whatever they call themselves.

You two carry on, I'm otta here.
The real problem has to do with illegal immigrants.
nice to see another Texan on the fire, welcome PH_Texan

You seem to have an interest in that kind of stuff, eh? Maybe you and JasonB have something more going on that I had ever figured? Now I get it ... are you two part of the PINK PISTOLS (gay for guns) or whatever they call themselves.

Wow, "you're underwhelmed by my gay knowledge", are you willing to serve as the forums resident expert? Pink pistols? Who has ever heard of this? Answer--the resident all things queer expert Willie.

"All the fine fellows here" Is this your way of sucking up to the other members? Get out there and do something butch errr.....constructive.
Originally Posted by byc

Based on the prevailing attitude concerning the internment of US citizens in the 1940s who had also done nothing, the average response to such a scenario from the members would be any or all of the following:

1) say it was necessary
5) claim you really had done something wrong, and since what you allegedly had done wrong never gets mentioned it is obviously so wrong that it must be classified to save us all
6) claim it was somehow better than those other countries where that kind of crap happens

DITTOS!

I took a Montana history course which included WWI history. The target at that time was Americans of German heritage. Under Montana law, at the time, many German/Americans were locked up in Deer Lodge (state prison) for nothing more than their German heritage. We now know that a lot of personal vendettas were settled at that time.

It is amazing what we can do to our fellow Americans in time of war. Makes it easier to understand the Salem witch hunts.

Wow, "you're underwhelmed by my gay knowledge", are you willing to serve as the forums resident expert? Pink pistols? Who has ever heard of this? Answer--the resident all things queer expert Willie.

"All the fine fellows here" Is this your way of sucking up to the other members? Get out there and do something butch errr.....constructive.

Is that all you've got. My 8 year old grandson has better comebacks than that. That would make you about 7 years old. Are you JasonB's older brother/sister? Grow up punk.

Marxist republican? Whiner is as a whiner does. You were a loser at Kifaru.net, and you're a loser here. Probably a loser at many forums where you whine about everything. It is quite entertaining to watch you get pinched here .. like the big ZIT that you are. The huge number of fine fellows here keep your crap in line. Leaves me more time to hunt/fish/shoot/wash the car/etc.
Whine on to your heart's content, I've got to go and do something constructive.

I post thing republicans have done badly/exactly like democrats and their supporters respond with name calling. Wow, that really nails my ass to the wall William.

If I am so wrong about so many things, why is it exactly that the country is in the state that it is in now and has been in for several years?

1) say it was necessary

how about it seemed like a necessary step at the time, given the fact we'd just been attacked in Hawaii and feared an imminent Japanese invasion. you can't possibly put yourself in the place the people were who had to make the decision, and of course you have no responsibility for the consequences of a wrong decision.

cost benefit....worst case with internment, you're extremely unfair to some US citizens, and damage their lives and livelihoods.

worst case without internment...widespread sabotage, espionage and a fifth column ready to assist Japanese invaders, mark approaches for bombers, report on troop and ship movements, etc.

if you're the guy making the call......based on what they believed at the time, it was a pretty close call at best. And I imagine the fact that the Japanese were at the same time butchering American and Filipino civilians didn't help tilt the scales in favor of the Japanese.
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

1) say it was necessary

how about it seemed like a necessary step at the time, given the fact we'd just been attacked in Hawaii and feared an imminent Japanese invasion. you can't possibly put yourself in the place the people were who had to make the decision, and of course you have no responsibility for the consequences of a wrong decision.

cost benefit....worst case with internment, you're extremely unfair to some US citizens, and damage their lives and livelihoods.

worst case without internment...widespread sabotage, espionage and a fifth column ready to assist Japanese invaders, mark approaches for bombers, report on troop and ship movements, etc.

if you're the guy making the call......based on what they believed at the time, it was a pretty close call at best. And I imagine the fact that the Japanese were at the same time butchering American and Filipino civilians didn't help tilt the scales in favor of the Japanese.

You make a good point Steve. Typical knee-jerk reaction from the national government.

1) say it was necessary

The last time I checked the responsible party for Pearl Harbor was one Hirohito. Since someone had to get kicked in the nuts over it to show everyone we meant business, which US citizens (or, specifically, citizen) was the closest equivalent to Hirohito?

You make a good point Steve. Typical knee-jerk reaction from the national government.

It wasn't knee-jerk....it was carefully considered and debated. One of the many issues in war over which reasonable men can differ.

Easy to second guess sitting here safe almost seventy years later and say it wasn't necessary. When we were losing the war, not so much.

It wasn't knee-jerk....it was carefully considered and debated. One of the many issues in war over which reasonable men can differ.

Easy to second guess sitting here safe almost seventy years later and say it wasn't necessary. When we were losing the war, not so much.

Like when we carefully considered and debated the Patriot Act before passing it after 9/11.
yes, like that. worked pretty well, hasn't it? wink

actually, the internment decision was just an executive order, executed by the military commander for the west coast, so it got no debate in Congress, IIRC
Originally Posted by PH_Texan
The real problem has to do with illegal immigrants.

grin grin grin

Casey
Careful consideration and debate:

"I don't want any of them [persons of Japanese ancestry] here. They are a dangerous element. There is no way to determine their loyalty... It makes no difference whether he is an American citizen, he is still a Japanese. American citizenship does not necessarily determine loyalty... But we must worry about the Japanese all the time until he is wiped off the map." - Testimony of Gen. John L. DeWitt, April 13, 1943, House Naval Affairs Subcommittee to Investigate Congested Areas, Part 3, pp. 739-40 (78th Cong ., 1st Sess.)

"We're charged with wanting to get rid of the Japs for selfish reasons. We do. It's a question of whether the white man lives on the Pacific Coast or the brown men. They came into this valley to work, and they stayed to take over... If all the Japs were removed tomorrow, we had never miss them in two weeks, because the white farmers can take over and produce everything the Jap grows. And we do not want them back when the war ends, either." Austin E. Anson, managing secretary of the Salinas Vegetable Grower-Shipper Association, Saturday Evening Post, 1942

actually, the internment decision was just an executive order, executed by the military commander for the west coast, so it got no debate in Congress, IIRC

it was carefully considered and debated.

So who the hell debated it, carefully or otherwise?
Dude I have come to the conclusion you just like to post BS and hear yourself talk. Pure unadulterated nonsense is what you are all about............

1) say it was necessary

The last time I checked the responsible party for Pearl Harbor was one Hirohito. Since someone had to get kicked in the nuts over it to show everyone we meant business, which US citizens (or, specifically, citizen) was the closest equivalent to Hirohito?

Really? Thanks for the history lesson. It's WWII, the beeg one. No holds barred, fight to the death and all the things that go with it. I'm thankful you weren't involved in the decision or I might be speaking a language other than Engrish.
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
Dude I have come to the conclusion you just like to post BS and hear yourself talk. Pure unadulterated nonsense is what you are all about............

So what is it you are pissed off about this time? That Hirohito was the responsible party and if a US equivalent of the one ultimately responsible needed to be interned it was our illustrious leader? Or was it the train of thought of those who thought locking up a bunch of US citizens was a swell idea?
Originally Posted by Karnis

1) say it was necessary

Really? Thanks for the history lesson. It's WWII, the beeg one. No holds barred, fight to the death and all the things that go with it. I'm thankful you weren't involved in the decision or I might be speaking a language other than Engrish.

Wow, All of that and they still had time to "harass the people and eat out their substance" as it used to be known.
Me thinks that Philos is just a tad paranoid. I see them kind of cars all the time from my house and they ain't watchin' me!
hindsight is 20/20. You doing anything to change what you think is wrong?
Originally Posted by elkhunter76

and y'all that keep responding to his stupid comments exacerbate the problem Keith. shocked
Agreed, Mannlicher.
He kinda comes across as a loose cannon, doesn't he.

But so does Derby Dude once in a while, but that's ok. He's just pretending, so as to take the heat off the rest of us smile
(jk, DD)
Originally Posted by Mac84
hindsight is 20/20.

I think in most cases people full well realize what they are doing.

Originally Posted by Mac84
You doing anything to change what you think is wrong?

Trying not to do the same things that have been done in the past that ended up creating misery for a lot of people. That and pointing out when others want to try something that has already been done and they claim it is because it will produce a different outcome than last time. When queried on how it is going to be different they respond with rage so that gets back to the hindsight thing again and how most people really know what it is they are advocating.
Agreed, Mannlicher.

But so does Derby Dude once in a while, but that's ok. He's just pretending, so as to take the heat off the rest of us smile
(jk, DD)

Loose cannon = applying the same level of scrutiny to the (R) as to the (D.)
Derby Dude is fine. A wee bit misguided at times, but certainly not evil. JasonB is an evil troll, and is only here to sow hate and discontent.

Treating with folks like that is an exercise in futility, and only makes things worse.

Right now, the 'fire is Jason's bitch.
Agreed, Mannlicher.

(jk, DD)

Ignore the republicans and in short order you can go from loose cannon to cult hero.
I'm pretty sure the Bill of Rights has a first amendment that refers to "freedom of speech".\
At least I am under that impression!
whelennut
Agreed, Mannlicher.

(jk, DD)

Ignore the republicans and in short order you can go from loose cannon to cult hero.

Obviously that is the goal. Name call and ridicule until I start saying things like, "the 1994 semi-auto ban was bad, but the 1989/2005 semi-auto bans were ok" or "the current round of socialized medicine is bad, but the 2003 drug law was ok." The latter had the cute one once that it was bad because if you didn't buy the insurance you got fined, but there was no fine attached to the 2003 drug law so it wasn't the same. Funny how I never got a response back from the person who made that statement when I asked them what they thought the outcome would be if they decided to deduct their chunk of the bill from the 2003 law from their taxes. Funny how little things like facts "sow hate and discontent."
this thread needs more loon's smile
Originally Posted by okie

How come?
Who you calling a loon..... whistle
smile
I think the Loonies here seve abgreat purpose

Folks we call loonies like TRH, barak, and Derby Dude. May very well have some off the wall opinions what others deem crazy beliefs. They are however entitled to those opinions and beliefs and while I may not agree with them on much I think they bring an element of personality that melts well with this big tub we call the 'fire. Furthermore. i also believe they take the brunt of the NSA surveillance off of the rest of us

now. NWA, he's as useless to this world as Tits on a boar hog
Originally Posted by Gus

Coming from a guy who knows something about or lack of "balance". laugh

kwg
[Linked Image]

grin
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
[Linked Image]

grin

I sorta miss Klink , he always managed to stir the pot
I got a few laughs out of him when he would regularly blow his stack. It was everybody else 'harrumphing' that made it even funnier laugh
They are full of schitt ! We're not full, plenty of room left for a few dozens more loonies ! Step to the back boys, and let the hopefuls in grin
Just like the way PPine would blow up--- wonder what happened to him
Anybody with the ability to connect a half dozen of the dots will have to accept being considered a loon if he chooses to discuss it.

They'll also come to understand that some who are calling them loons have connected the dots, also.
Then there are those who connect their first two dots and are scared chitless of going any further with it.

They'll go off on you if you try to call attention to the remaining dots.

Lots of liberals inhabit this category.
Ain't it so.
Once you connect enough of the dots, the rest of them just kind of fall into place.

At that point, you start to give credibility to the concept of evil.
© 24hourcampfire