Home
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/05/paul-still-up-big.html

When PPP first polled this race right before Christmas Paul had a double digit lead, and it seems he's never looked back. Other candidates might want to study what Paul did to build such an apparently insurmountable lead during the last quarter of 2009 because it's definitely one of the biggest surprises of this election cycle so far.

Good for him, vote the incumbents out.

Kent

I don't care if Rand Paul is libertarian or not--I would be happy to just see more small government Republicans like him in office........

Casey
If Peter Schiff (another Austrian School economics guy) wins in Connecticut the two of them will be quite a force in the Senate.
Rand's volunteers are persistent as can be, too. I've been called every single day for the last two weeks, making sure that I'll be at the polls tomorrow.

There was a rally here in Louisville Saturday morning, but I missed it, had to go to a funeral, but they made sure to call and invite me to be there. They are really working it, beating the bushes to get out the vote.

That's what it takes to win.

I've not heard a solitary thing out of the Grayson bunch, not a peep. That's the difference there, Paul's crowd has been enthusiastic and persistent, Grayson's outfit, the "establishment Rs" have just "thought we'd be there for them" and had a lackadaisical campaign. They are going to find out that you can't win by sitting on your thumbs. They don't deserve anything but a kick in the nuts, which will be delivered tomorrow.
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

It's an open seat, Jim Bunning's chair. Bunning was a good man, but McConnell and he don't get along. Mitch pretty much blacklisted Bunning, so Bunning decided to retire. That's gonna bite old Mitch dead on the azz...........
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
If Peter Schiff (another Austrian School economics guy) wins in Connecticut the two of them will be quite a force in the Senate.

An Army of Two?

I'm sure they'll be just as successful as Rand's daddy has been in the house.

But I ain't griping as long as the seat doesn't go D.
Texas likes Liberty...

[Linked Image]
liberty [Linked Image]

laugh

Oh and yeah, Rand Paul, go go go!
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I've not heard a solitary thing out of the Grayson bunch, not a peep. That's the difference there, Paul's crowd has been enthusiastic and persistent, Grayson's outfit, the "establishment Rs" have just "thought we'd be there for them" and had a lackadaisical campaign.
Exactly, and this is precisely what those who call for a moderate Republican presidential candidate don't seem to understand. Unless you fire up the base, like Ronald Reagan did, winning against the Democrats is very difficult. It's hopeless to choose a moderate like McCain or Dole, because they don't fire up the base. When you fire up the base with a strongly principled conservative like Paul, what you get is a huge army of free and enthusiastic campaigners speaking to whoever will listen about that candidate. That enthusiasm is contagious and tends to spread to those not ordinarily politically involved one way or the other. That's the defect in the argument that says you need to pick a moderate. They excite no one, and thus only committed Republicans vote for that candidate. You can't win by only getting committed Republicans to vote Republican.
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

An Army of Two?
Hey, it's a start. Besides, two men out of a hundred with the only ideas that make sense will be a force to contend with in the current political environment. People's eyes are beginning to open up to how they've been played for years by the establishment of both parties for the benefit of the international banking cartel via the Federal Reserve Bank.
Incumbent or just "establishment Rs", the message needs sending... you're out! Popularity is more voter mood as it is policy right now, as it should be.

The reason one Paul should be in, is the same as one Paul should be out...

Kent
I've not heard a solitary thing out of the Grayson bunch, not a peep. That's the difference there, Paul's crowd has been enthusiastic and persistent, Grayson's outfit, the "establishment Rs" have just "thought we'd be there for them" and had a lackadaisical campaign.
Exactly, and this is precisely what those who call for a moderate Republican presidential candidate don't seem to understand. Unless you fire up the base, like Ronald Reagan did, winning against the Democrats is very difficult. It's hopeless to choose a moderate like McCain or Dole, because they don't fire up the base. When you fire up the base with a strongly principled conservative like Paul, what you get is a huge army of free and enthusiastic campaigners speaking to whoever will listen about that candidate. That enthusiasm is contagious and tends to spread to those not ordinarily politically involved one way or the other. That's the defect in the argument that says you need to pick a moderate. They excite no one, and thus only committed Republicans vote for that candidate. You can't win by only getting committed Republicans to vote Republican.

You are absolutely right, but those establishment Repubs believe the "conventional wisdom" they've been fed by the leftist media instead of what the results and common sense show to be the truth.
There aren't that many stolworth true Constitutionalist in the house or senate - those that are should be kept on but the rest regardless of party affiliation, I say out out out!
Originally Posted by OSOK
There aren't that many stolworth true Constitutionalist in the house or senate - those that are should be kept on but the rest regardless of party affiliation, I say out out out!
Agreed!
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Texas likes Liberty...

[Linked Image]

God Bless Texas!
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
those establishment Repubs believe the "conventional wisdom" they've been fed by the leftist media instead of what the results and common sense show to be the truth.

if by establishment Repubs you mean those who are resistant to the Ron Paul koolaid.....well, I guess I'm one.

and if you want to see what the results were last time, have a gander at the attached. on what bizarro planet does the distant fourth place candidate have the best chance. what exactly is your idea of truth?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_%28United_States%29_presidential_primaries,_2008

granted the field sucked in 2008, and hopefully there will be more conservative choices, with less baggage and more appeal, before 2012. But whoever it is, it ain't Ron Paul.
I want to believe so badly that people are waking up but I can't help thinking this is just an anomaly.

Are the tides really turning??
yes, I think they are......it feels like 1980.
those establishment Repubs believe the "conventional wisdom" they've been fed by the leftist media instead of what the results and common sense show to be the truth.

if by establishment Repubs you mean those who are resistant to the Ron Paul koolaid.....well, I guess I'm one.

and if you want to see what the results were last time, have a gander at the attached. on what bizarro planet does the distant fourth place candidate have the best chance. what exactly is your idea of truth?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_%28United_States%29_presidential_primaries,_2008

granted the field sucked in 2008, and hopefully there will be more conservative choices, with less baggage and more appeal, before 2012. But whoever it is, it ain't Ron Paul.

No, I'm not talking "establishment" being the same as anti-Ron Paul. I'm not much of a Ron Paul fan myself, but the "establishment" types are generally the ones who favor party over principles because that's how they've gotten whatever power they have.
yes, I think they are......it feels like 1980.

More like 1984.
well, yeah.....that too, unfortunately
Originally Posted by rrroae
I want to believe so badly that people are waking up but I can't help thinking this is just an anomaly.

Are the tides really turning??

No, of course not; but chances are the Republicans will win big.

With minor and insignificant cosmetic changes, they'll keep going the same direction the Democrats before them have gone (which is the same direction the Republicans before them went, which is the same direction the Democrats before them went, which...etc.).

When the tides really turn, they will turn away from government, rather than switching from one party to the other. Until that happens, it'll just be more of the same.

Look for the Republicans to come up with another "Contract With America" scam like they did in the 80s. There are nearly two generations of new voters who haven't heard that one yet. Last I heard, Sean Hannity had one all ready for them.
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

It's an open seat, Jim Bunning's chair. Bunning was a good man, but McConnell and he don't get along. Mitch pretty much blacklisted Bunning, so Bunning decided to retire. That's gonna bite old Mitch dead on the azz...........

If you can believe the gossip...
Old Mitch would like it...

It's true that many people are still asleep,...but the alarm clock is ticking down.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
Originally Posted by chadwimc

If you can believe the gossip...
Old Mitch would like it...

I thought that was Lindsey Graham?
That ain't all that's popular in Kentucky grin

[Linked Image]
Just got back from voting for a "Paul"

,..a satisfying way to spend 10 minutes, I have to say.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Just got back from voting for a "Paul"

,..a satisfying way to spend 10 minutes, I have to say.
The most conservative estimation based on the polls is that he'll win by 15%. If it turns out he doesn't win, there's serious hanky panky going on.
must have made your day, B.

what's the morning line? Rand by ten points or so?

I am torn on the Specter primary about whether I'd rather see him humiliated in the democrat primary, or have him barely squeak in because he would be the weaker candidate in November, and it would be fun to watch him crushed by a Republican.
The most interesting aspect of voting today was the uncharacteristically low turnout in my heavily democrat precinct,..one of the volunteers said it was at about 30%,..and it usually goes about 60%.

It seems that my democrat neighbors aren't particularly inspired with their field of candidates.

An Army of Two?

Darn tootin'.......Two Senators can have a significant influence in a body of 100 members.

And RP has been laying the groundwork for these kind of changes--as small as they may be. From McCain's struggles in Arizona to even a liberal Red Teamer like Scott Brown, Ron Paul's presidential campaign, his consistent philosphy of small government/big freedoms, and the press coverage that continues to follow him has made a difference in my semi-humble opinion..... wink

But I ain't griping as long as the seat doesn't go D.

We really need a eye-roll icon.............

Casey
It ain't over until the fat lady sings,..and many people in very, very lofty national political positions don't want to see Rand Paul win.
====================

Can you provide just 2 examples of success RP has accomplished in his 40 years of politics? How about 1?
Originally Posted by isaac
====================

Can you provide just 2 examples of success RP has accomplished in his 40 years of politics? How about 1?
There ain't no stinking Liberal Democrat in his seat. How dat?
====================

Can you provide just 2 examples of success RP has accomplished in his 40 years of politics? .

Ron Paul has completely altered the debate and focused the people on the role of the Federal Reserve.

He's also pointed out the advantages of Austrian economics as opposed to the Keynesian model,..which has resulted in a run away national debt and debasement of America's currency.

He has placed *real* issues before the public,..instead of the nonsense that the people are supposed to consider the issues.

He's identified the crooks.
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
And RP has been laying the groundwork for these kind of changes--as small as they may be. From McCain's struggles in Arizona to even a liberal Red Teamer like Scott Brown, Ron Paul's presidential campaign, his consistent philosphy of small government/big freedoms, and the press coverage that continues to follow him has made a difference in my semi-humble opinion..... wink
Yeah, but that's not the kind of difference Steve and company want to see or give credit for.
Still waiting!!

Certainly you don't really feel RP has suggested or proposed anything not already proposed by earlier conservatives,like Goldwater.

You boys thinking your boy has single handedly set the stage and debate is ..well,silly.

I have my settings on "alert" for when I receive a real, authentic example of that success you speak of!
Still waiting!!

Certainly you don't really feel RP has suggested or proposed anything not already proposed by earlier conservatives,like Goldwater.

You boys thinking your boy has single handedly set the stage and debate is ..well,silly.

I have my settings on "alert" for when I receive a real, authentic example of that success you speak of!
"Ron Paul has completely altered the debate and focused the people on the role of the Federal Reserve.

He's also pointed out the advantages of Austrian economics as opposed to the Keynesian model,..which has resulted in a run away national debt and debasement of America's currency.

He has placed *real* issues before the public,..instead of the nonsense that the people are supposed to consider the issues.

He's identified the crooks." - Bristoe
Very good,Hawkeye.

Still waiting!!
Very good,Hawkeye.

Still waiting!!

Just the latest?

The legislation passed that changes how and when the Fed Reserve reports it's actions to Congress incorporates several parts of RP's proposed legislation--and RP proposed his version first, and was the catalyst for the subsequent legislation.

Casey
It ain't over until the fat lady sings,..and many people in very, very lofty national political positions don't want to see Rand Paul win.

because many people disagree with his foreign policy positions.....don't make it sound like some secret conspiracy.

And Casey, if you took a poll of registered voters in America, Ron Paul's name wouldn't even be recognized by 3/4 of them. The Teaparty movement may include a lot of Paulies, but it isn't a creation of RP.

In fact, it looks like the Teapartiers back in his district are less than thrilled with ol' Ron.....but it's nothing his $2 million + war chest can't steamroll.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6882107.html

because many people disagree with his foreign policy positions.....don't make it sound like some secret conspiracy.

And Casey, if you took a poll of registered voters in America, Ron Paul's name wouldn't even be recognized by 3/4 of them. The Teaparty movement may include a lot of Paulies, but it isn't a creation of RP.

In fact, it looks like the Teapartiers back in his district are less than thrilled with ol' Ron.....but it's nothing his $2 million + war chest can't steamroll.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6882107.html
Ron Paul enjoys an unheard of 84% approval rating among his own constituents.
Yeah, sure...like last time,huh??

[quote=Steve_NO]

Oh, I agree, but that's a good thing. That means there are more than just us RP folks out there who support small government--and that hints at a broader base than you're hinting at....

[quote=Steve_NO]

But the two above paragraphs seem to contradict one another--especially because RP isn't getting the backing of the corporate crowd or wasn't born to or married into wealth as, say, a John McCain.

RP's campaign fund comes in primarily in small contributions from, you know, The Great Unwashed Masses, and comes from a broad base, and yes, even outside of his district.

Like I've been saying, it ain't the personality here, it's the ideas.

And it sure seems the philosophy of small government and big freedoms espoused by RP has stubbornly stuck around since the 2008 campaign, and has even gained at least a modicum of legs recently--hasn't it?

I find it quite encouraging.

Casey

Very good,Hawkeye.

Still waiting!!
Well, not really. Like I said, his asss is in a seat that could be being warmed by a dammed commie. That's good enough for me. In fact, with the rate our legislators are [bleep] us over, a little gridlock with nothing getting done looks pretty good right now.

Speaking of last time--how's your bullet fund?

Has it recovered from the fall and winter college seasons--'cause it's liable to take another hit this fall.... grin

Casey
Turn out in my precinct in Jefferson County was only running about 20%, sad to say, at least for the Republicans. Dunno what it was for Democrats, who are a lot more prevalent in this precinct.

It's pretty stinking sad that people won't get out and vote.

...because many people disagree with his foreign policy positions.....

Apparently, even more people disagree with Grayson and the GOP's foreign policy.

Gonna be tough on you Haliburton lawyers.
funny...he's gotten 60% in the 2006 primary, 70% in 2008, and 80% this year against three unheard of teapartiers.....plus of course all the people who voted in the democrat primary obviously didn't support him. I don't see any election where he's gotten 86%, but I guess they took that poll at one of his picnics.

certainly he's way more popular there than he was nationwide with his 5% of the GOP primary vote. could be those earmarks, I guess. wink Ol' Ron's got the seniority to keep them pesos flowing. All the while proclaiming how much he opposes them.....on principle of course.

But let's not spoil Rand's big day, if that's what it turns out to be. Because, see, unlike the fever swampers of the fringe, one thing what you guys call establishment republicans do is actually support republicans when they're running against democrats.
Casey, you will be shocked to learn that Ron Paul did not invent the idea that a smaller government is to be preferred to a large one. Nor is he the most articulate spokesman for that view.

And unfortunately along with that message, he brings foreign policy positions opposed by most on the right, and associates who damage the ability to sell the small government message.

Casey, you will be shocked to learn that Ron Paul did not invent the idea that a smaller government is to be preferred to a large one. Nor is he the most articulate spokesman for that view.

And unfortunately along with that message, he brings foreign policy positions opposed by most on the right, and associates who damage the ability to sell the small government message.

Once again, transferring money/man power from government programs you dislike to government programs you do like does not equal smaller government.
But let's not spoil Rand's big day, if that's what it turns out to be. Because, see, unlike the fever swampers of the fringe, one thing what you guys call establishment republicans do is actually support republicans when they're running against democrats.

And therein lies the rub--turn it into a partisan thing, and lose sight of the small government philosophy.

Of course the Country Clubbers are going to support the Country Clubbers--don't want The Great Unwashed Masses spoiling the party and all......... wink

And go ahead and defend them--it worked really for you in 06 and 08.....

BTW, with your recent confidence and all, how's your bullet fund holding up?....

Casey
Yeah, but he actually means it, and proves as much with his voting record. Not the case with your establishment Republican heroes.

Of course he didn't invent it! That other guy you often diss invented it--you know, the guy who wrote the Declaration Of Independence....the guy who's VP plugged that corporate Treasury Secretary..... grin

Translation: RP doesn't support empire building.........and boy, does that pizz off the One World Economy/One World Order folks........

It's like this; we cannot be the world's policeman and support everything else here at home. The semi-socialist European countries can pull off their big government because they have very small defense budgets--thanks to the USA and our military substituting/subsidizing Europe's defense (along with many other parts of the world).

Casey

Speaking of last time--how's your bullet fund?

Has it recovered from the fall and winter college seasons--'cause it's liable to take another hit this fall.... grin

Casey

===============

Really? What political bets would you like to make this Fall,Casey??

Oh goody, goody, goody......

First, I think I'll get you lathered up a bit further..... grin

Casey

I'll support Paul 100% and wish him godspeed. jorge
58% Paul-37% Grayson, at this point.
63000 to 38000 so far. Less than a 30% turn out to vote.

Solid tea-party themed victory.
58% Paul-37% Grayson, at this point.
Excellent! A landslide. The symbolism is outstanding.

Oh goody, goody, goody......

First, I think I'll get you lathered up a bit further..... grin

Casey

Right now a couple dozen Campfire fellas are frantically checking the cabinets to see what ammo they're short on.
63000 to 38000 so far. Less than a 30% turn out to vote.

Solid tea-party themed victory.
Don't feel so bad, Isaac. I'm sure a couple neocons will win in November, maybe. grin
...the "establishment" types are generally the ones who favor party over principles because that's how they've gotten whatever power they have.

The whole thread could have ended right here.

This is always the same crap over and over.

The Party Boys (and yes, I do mean that kind of Boy) say "oh so-and-so (who will upset the status quo) doesn't have a chance!" and then the despisers of gov't say, "oh but he could... do you really believe he could... I mean I sure hope so..." and I'm obviously in the latter crowd.

Fact is, these hacks have it tied down. I'm continuing to vote my conscience, but the Boys who hoe the Party row won't allow for real change. They're too entrenched in, "...but at least the seat won't go to a D," as if the Dems have plotted a fundamentally different course for our Republic.

Liberty may be popular in Kentucky, but it ain't in the Republican Party. Lincoln proved that a long, long time ago...
Some parts of the state only had a 10% turnout (Eastern Kentucky usually has poor turnouts during primary elections). The urban areas(Louisville and Lexington) usually run somewhere between 20 and 30 percent, leaning towards the smaller numbers.

The real "tell" will be where Paul is winning by what margins. Northern Kentucky is Grayson's home area, and it looks like Paul is winning pretty well up there.

Like I said in an earlier post, Paul's people were working it hard, they called me every night for two weeks, making sure I'd be there and voting. I heard nothing at all from the Grayson crowd, never got a single phone call, not a mailer, nothing at all. I got letters and stuff from the Paul camp every other day, it seemed.

Grayson got outhustled, outworked, and just plain mailed it in. He thought he had it in the bag, and acted like it. It bit him hard, too.
But, if Jack Conway is going to be Paul's opponent (looks like it) Paul will need every bit of the experience his people have gotten in this campaign, because Conway will be a tough one to beat.
More numbers Paul 60%-Grayson 34%.

I'm guessing McConnell and Cheney are hitting the bottle pretty good right about now.

I'm guessing McConnell and Cheney are hitting the bottle pretty good right about now.
Ain't it great? grin
trips...do you just run off that blather for affect or do you really need the attention?

He won a primary,quit thinking it's 08 and RP is crushing in the polls and has a shot at the presidency.

You guys sure like to blow your wads on the little things! It is adorable to watch you guys do the same thing over and over again,though!!

I can't imagine your spin should he lose to the dem nominee.
Originally Posted by efw
...the "establishment" types are generally the ones who favor party over principles because that's how they've gotten whatever power they have.

The Party Boys (and yes, I do mean that kind of Boy) say "oh so-and-so (who will upset the status quo) doesn't have a chance!" and then the despisers of gov't say, "oh but he could... do you really believe he could... I mean I sure hope so..." and I'm obviously in the latter crowd.

Fact is, these hacks have it tied down. I'm continuing to vote my conscience, but the Boys who hoe the Party row won't allow for real change. They're too entrenched in, "...but at least the seat won't go to a D," as if the Dems have plotted a fundamentally different course for our Republic.

Liberty may be popular in Kentucky, but it ain't in the Republican Party. Lincoln proved that a long, long time ago...

Very, very well said, efw.

But at some point, there will be a change--whether by intent or by events. The best you can hope for that some political leaders will be there to remind the country of our original intent, and how we actually became a great country.

Casey
Don't get mad at me. Get mad at all those fine folks from Kentucky who won't let the GOP blow smoke up their azz anymore.
Originally Posted by efw

Casey

Missed that post. I'll agree, well said.
Grayson conceded.

Paul WILL have a tough fight ahead of him, but I think his supporters are pretty well worked up. The Democratic Machine in Kentucky is pretty stout, and it's going to be a nasty fight in November.

But it would be a lot worse if Grayson were running. He phoned in his campaign, he was lazy, and people saw that. The Paul crowd is willing to work and work hard. It'll be an interesting race.

Casey

Missed that post. I'll agree, well said.
Yep. +1

I can't imagine your spin should he lose to the dem nominee.

Couldn't possibly be any more nonsensical than when the Red Team lost to the Blue Team the last two election cycles.......... wink

Casey
The country has sure seen the idiocy of your thought processing since Jan 09,haven't they?
The country has sure seen the idiocy of your thought processing since Jan 09,haven't they?

I'm flattered the whole country is listening to me--then again, my bets have been pretty accurate, haven't they?.... wink

It's the secret advantage of not being married to any particular political party..........

Casey
Casey,if living a Bammy beating McCain bet is your pat on the back, have at it.

Cluelessness is not an advantage,anytime!

Nope, that'd be yours Party Boy.

Put up a guy who is worth voting for and quit relying upon the Dems to put up someone worth voting against and your red team will have a shot.

Until then, accept defeat, but I know that you'll continue in your self-comforting smugness to believe that the Party of Lincoln and his Boys have something to offer over Bammy and his, and that it would all work out if others would just join you and other Republican hacks in the relatively-sorta-sometimes-when-it-makes-me-money-and-consolidates-my-power "conservative" fight.

Lovers of Liberty and this country will vote for the Conservative, thanks.

Those who like life on the Republican Plantation, well...
Looks like you tards are gonna get humiliated again...just like 08!

God that was fun...and funny!!
Looks like you tards are gonna get humiliated again...just like 08!

God that was fun...and funny!!

...and again, you betray your true love, Boy.

Your signature ought to read, "Party over principle; any time, every time."
Bob's taking this awfully personally, frankly. I'm guessing he lost a LOT of bullets on this election d:^)

I wonder how many bullets Bristoe took him for?
The silliness of a minor group is hardly enough for folks to fret about. I do enjoy your whispers,however.

You just don't enjoy the credibilty but you keep plugging away though,OK?

You Paultards and "The Little Train That Could" mentality is simply adorable!!

On what page of the GOP playbook does it discuss squashing the hope of those who love their country?
Originally Posted by efw

Put up a guy who is worth voting for and quit relying upon the Dems to put up someone worth voting against and your red team will have a shot.

Until then, accept defeat, but I know that you'll continue in your self-comforting smugness to believe that the Party of Lincoln and his Boys have something to offer over Bammy and his, and that it would all work out if others would just join you and other Republican hacks in the relatively-sorta-sometimes-when-it-makes-me-money-and-consolidates-my-power "conservative" fight.

Damn! I could hear the smacking sound of that b-itch slap from here!

Nicely done!!
Bob's taking this awfully personally, frankly. I'm guessing he lost a LOT of bullets on this election d:^)

I wonder how many bullets Bristoe took him for?

============

O to answer your question. I'm certainly not taking anything you guys are saying seriously, Only 5 percent of the country does.

What you tunnel-visioned Paulies keep missing is we're completely fine with Rand winning the kentuck primary and even the entire seat. You act as though that isn't the case. It's simply a continuation of the limited thinking processes of a group of you.

What is laughable is the foolish segues and antics who take such a miniscule event and parlay it into the nsufferable nonsense you blathered as to RP and his presidential campaign.

The fact those gals couldn't learn from that humiliation and wish to repeat it is what others find so utterly humurous. Keep at it,though. But, don't forget, this was only a primary so the job isn't done. You have a lot more picnic-ing, blog and phone line jamming to do before it's all over.

I'm sure Rand's banking,corporate and country club donations will keep him inside the mainstream.

Casey,if living a Bammy beating McCain bet is your pat on the back, have at it.

Cluelessness is not an advantage,anytime!

Oh stop it.

For the objective folks, it was (and still is) pretty clear the Red Team did it to themselves.

If your going to give the voters the choice between big Democrat domestic government versus Big Republican foreign government, the Demos win.

And like I have said many times before, until the Republicans purge the NeoCons, they aren't really going anywhere.

And that's where the Rand Paul debate comes in............

Casey
Originally Posted by 270LightningBLR
Originally Posted by efw

====================

\

Damn! I could hear the smacking sound of that b-atch slap from here!

Nicely done!!

============

LOL...thought you had me on ignore,Einstein. Did grandma's fruit juice and animal crackers give you some new found courage.

The only smacking sounds you hear son are your lips up against your leaders asses.

I'll give you a dollar if you ever hit upon some originality.

What you tunnel-visioned Paulies keep missing is we're completely fine with Rand winning the kentuck primary and even the entire seat. You act as though that isn't the case. It's simply a continuation of the limited thinking processes of a group of you.

You're not fooling us--it doesn't stop with Rand, there are a fair number of other races where the more conservative candidate is dong very well against the candidate the Republican establishment is rooting for.

What is laughable is the foolish segues and antics who take such a miniscule event and parlay it into the nsufferable nonsense you blathered as to RP and his presidential campaign.

I'm going to remember that when you start the sky is falling schtick as the NeoCons fail (again) this fall.........

The fact those gals couldn't learn from that humiliation and wish to repeat it is what others find so utterly humurous. Keep at it,though. But, don't forget, this was only a primary so the job isn't done. You have a lot more picnic-ing, blog and phone line jamming to do before it's all over.

Speaking of humiliation, keep your bullet fund well-stocked...... grin

I'm sure Rand's banking,corporate and country club donations will keep him inside the mainstream.

I hope so--he needs a blimp. (wouldn't that just drive Stevers nuts)......

grin
Casey
He won a primary, genius,which is all well and good but he still has a very tough fight ahead of him.. Don't tell me you too are gonna humiliate yourself again, as you did in 08.

There's Pa and Ar too,you know. Like, other real world stuff going on, as well. Isolationg and immersing yourself just into the KY primary has been a example of the limited thinking problems you folks have experienced so often in the past.

"RP won CPAC , he's got a huge shot now at the presidency". Does that in any way remind you of the foolishness that has the lot of you always hitting humiliating, dead ends?

On what page of the GOP playbook does it discuss squashing the hope of those who love their country?
laugh

I'm going to remember that when you start the sky is falling schtick as the NeoCons fail (again) this fall.........

Speaking of humiliation, keep your bullet fund well-stocked...... grin

I hope so--he needs a blimp. (wouldn't that just drive Stevers nuts)......

grin
Casey
O to answer your question. I'm certainly not taking anything you guys are saying seriously, Only 5 percent of the country does.

The times, they are-a-changing, Bob.
And like I have said many times before, until the Republicans purge the NeoCons, they aren't really going anywhere.

And that's where the Rand Paul debate comes in............
To quote my Sicilian grandmother, "Ezatta."
================

Oh boy...the RP humiliation train is running strong again.

Limited to a handful here, a few in the country and 5% of the country overall makes for a fun diversion and some good laughs,though.

So,please don't refrain!

The only smacking sounds you hear son are your lips up against your leaders asses.

I'll give you a dollar if you ever hit upon some originality.

Seriously... if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black...

Or is it you gagging on the Big Red Bob?
Son,I vote for presidential contenders while you vote for caricatures. Like I said, you folks are fun to read for a comedy relief type situation,but not real world stuff.

I do thank you,though. The escapes are refreshing!

Oh I'm not quite that optimistic. Between the lovers of the gov't crack rock and the pushers like Bob, I think "It's a Hard Rains A-Gonna Fall" would be more appropriate.
As long as it's the likes of you and the other few usual suspects, I don't think anyone will get more out of it other than their fair share of a few laughs.

Do keep at it,though...it's fun!
Seriously... how do you swallow that fast?
I guess you were taking a stab at humor. Don't be discouraged.

Limited to a handful here, a few in the country and 5% of the country overall makes for a fun diversion and some good laughs,though.

So,please don't refrain!

The problem is my boy, controlling 40% of Congress and 0% of the Whitehouse doesn't effect any more authority than controlling 5%, does it?

Casey

So,please don't refrain!

Why don't you put up your best partisan GOP candidate and I'll put up Rand or Ron Paul and we'll see who the Campfire likes in our own little runoff.

Bet a brick of .22 Federals for me(currently $16.97 at ChinaMart) to your choice of TSX in any caliber for you. You can even stump for your GOP boy and use all those dirty lawyer tricks you've got up your sleeve.

You game?
Well actually, yes it does but it being lost on you is of no surprise to anyone.

As an aside, who even thinks of the 5% much less controlling them? Once again, you personify the foolishness of those 5%ers who actually think they're being heard.

So,please don't refrain!

Why don't you put up your best partisan GOP candidate and I'll put up Rand or Ron Paul and we'll see who the Campfire likes in our own little runoff.

Bet a brick of .22 Federals for me(currently $16.97 at ChinaMart) to your choice of TSX in any caliber for you. You can even stump for your GOP boy and use all those dirty lawyer tricks you've got up your sleeve.

You game?

=================

You RPers love those shots at internet jamming,don't you? Are you being serious,really? A campfire poll? Who gives a schit about a campfire poll?

You RPers love those shots at internet jamming,don't you? Are you being serious,really? A campfire poll? Who gives a schit about a campfire poll?

Are you thinking all your piss poor GOP boys don't stand a chance?

Thought you had more faith in them true blue Republicans of yours.
There's 27406 members on this site. I'd guess somewhere around 70% are conservatives so it should be a good sampling.
Sorry dumbazz, still got you on ignore, but dont feel bad, I wouldnt read it anyhow.
No trips. I'm thinking your HS slam book polling games are silly and indicative of the extent of observation and the limitations of a small group here.
Sorry dumbazz, still got you on ignore, but dont feel bad, I wouldnt read it anyhow.

==============

You really are that stupid,aren't you?
No trips. I'm thinking your HS slam book polling games are silly and indicative of the extent of observation and the limitations of a small group here.

How does it go?

Bawk,...bawk, bawk,......bawk,....
For you,yes I'm quite certain that's how it would go. I added the limitations part to cover just that. I guess the HS part did, as well.
[Linked Image]
You got me again with some powerful stuff there,trips.

You're a tough man to keep up with!!
Sorry man. Poor taste.

[Linked Image]
It looks like the second campaign contribution I've ever made in my life was a good investment.
Well!,..Rand Paul won the Republican senatorial primary.

If he loses,..it'll be because his candidacy gets scuttled by his fellow republicans.
Of course. Bristoe nails it with precision,once again.

LOL
Got a good, Republican *genuine* conservative senatorial candidate in Kentucky,..and the neocons on this forum can't do anything but dog him.

That leftist mentality is a difficult thing for you-uns-is ta kick,..ain't it,..

,..comrade?
Kind of not getting the flow of the thread or the comments of those you blather about.

Shocker. Isn't it time for a mis-quote next,Lew puppet?
Kind of not getting the flow of the thread .

I noticed your flow a long time ago.
And a large group noticed yours,of course. Don't worry though, you'll have those 4-5 atta-boys from the un-originalists before too long.

It's a powerful club!!
Baby steps for the country...
Seems like this thread is falling into the verbose fooforah catagory.

So tell me Isaac,...are you glad that Kentucky has a strong Republican senatorial candidate in Rand Paul or not?
He is the Republican candidate for Senator from KY, he isn't a multi term incumbent that has been a part of system and problem... a representative of the face of change... something we need in every seat up for election.

He now needs to beat the Dem and that's one of many wins I hope we have.

Kent
Good stuff.
Without question,I'm pleased for his convincing win. He has a strong shot to win but only if the voices and foot pounding that got him there, continues.

It was a very low turn-out for the vote and that could be a killer for the big show.

You'll notice he will soon be going out of his way to make certain he doesn't fall into the same trap his father has his entire career.

He has to grab the Independent vote and make sure the people get out to vote. Today's lethargy won't work when he goes for the gold! You would have thought this Kentucky tea party movement had greater volume.
Originally Posted by krp
He is the Republican candidate for Senator from KY, he isn't a multi term incumbent that has been a part of system and problem... a representative of the face of change... something we need in every seat up for election.

He now needs to beat the Dem and that's one of many wins I hope we have.

Kent

He's also not a lawyer who chose politics as a career.

He gave up a medical practice and disrupted his life because,...well,...to be totally candid about it,..he gave it up and entered politics because he was pissed about how shabbily his father was treated by the fat cat Republican machine.

So he spit in their eye,...and he'll continue to spit in their eye by being a genuine representative of the people if he can get elected.

With any luck,..he'll play a part in restoring respectibility to the GOP.
That's all we can ask, accountability to their constituents desires. That's why we need a complete turnover in DC, these new guns will be silenced if we leave the old dogs running the show, they will only be a vote for party and no voice for their districts.

Kent

Nicely done!!

all I hear is the wet sloshy sound of a five man circle jerk.....happy days are here again for the Paulies. Now, thankfully for you, the non-Paulie republicans will hopefully help your guy not lose the seat to the democrats. A concept the loons never have been able to grasp....you're going to need every one of those votes for the other republican if you want to win in the fall. and likely get them, because they won't go off and sulk like Paulies do when they don't win....which is usually.

I'd have been much happier if we had won Murtha's seat instead of having it go to his corrupt chief of staff.

Nicely done!!

all I hear is the wet sloshy sound of a five man circle jerk.....happy days are here again for the Paulies. Now, thankfully for you, the non-Paulie republicans will hopefully help your guy not lose the seat to the democrats. A concept the loons never have been able to grasp....you're going to need every one of those votes for the other republican if you want to win in the fall. and likely get them, because they won't go off and sulk like Paulies do when they don't win....which is usually.

It's not polite to pull your pud when you post stuff like this,...comrade,...
I'm impressed you've got a free hand to type, B. I figured one hand on the jug and one on hawkeye's Johnson for the big celebration tonight. wink

poor casey all by himself on the front range....I guess he's boring the sheep with late night pillow talk about the awesomeness of the Pauls.

Good to see Blanche Lincoln forced into a runoff....she's worthless. I've been in airplanes and am just catching up on results now. Seriously, congratulations to RP, he ran a near flawless campaign. Hope he keeps it up.
Stop talkin that neocon blah blah blah,
Think you'll be comin' back?,.. nah nah nah,
The GOP's leavin' you,...... ah ah,
If ya keep up with talkin' that neocon blah.

(with apologies to Kesha)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dogXk1KmRI
Neocons.....keeping drunken hillbillies alive since 1980. wink

say thank you, for providing you the freedom to be utterly wrong about foreign policy without having it kill you.

Nighty night boys....enjoy the victory scrum. And tomorrow morning start working on November.
Neocons.....keeping drunken hillbillies alive since 1980. wink

say thank you, for providing you the freedom to be utterly wrong about foreign policy without having it kill you.

Nighty night boys....enjoy the victory scrum. And tomorrow morning start working on November.

Americans need America,...for the others,..there's always aliyah,...

Sleep on it,...comrade,...
He couldn't have done it without Palins endorsement.
Looks like liberty is popular in Kentucky
=====================

With historically low voter turn-outs at the poll, it seems Kentuckians like their liberty a bit better when the weather is nice and there isn't something good on television.

The Paul family should be sending Sarah Palin a huge thank you card.
Well actually, yes it does but it being lost on you is of no surprise to anyone.

As an aside, who even thinks of the 5% much less controlling them? Once again, you personify the foolishness of those 5%ers who actually think they're being heard.

Yeah, that 40% has just been tearing 'em up in DC the past year and a half, hasn't it?.......

Casey

"internet jamming?..........I like that..... grin

Casey
Of course. Bristoe nails it with precision,once again.

LOL

Dang--the first time you've been on the right side in this entire thread.........

Casey
You wanted to quickly put everyone on notice that your silliness should not be forgotten,didn't you??

Are you sending a thank you card to Palin today?
Is all this bleating cause a Paul won a primary in Kentucky?

Kentucky?

I've seen rabid supporters when Jerry 'Moonbeam' Brown ran in California, it didn't hurt dating Linda Ronstadt....but these RPeeer's are some foaming at the mouth licking themselves and have taken tunnel vision to a whole new level! Probably licking, too.

LMAO! (and y'all are correct, without Sarah he couldn't have done it)

Good job however, if Paul can win the seat in Nov a great job.

Oh no you don't Stevers--the wailing by the NeoCon losers has been long, loud, and unprecedented since November 08. And so have some of the ludicrous conspiracy theories floating around here.

Besides, Rand is going to need what the Republicans lost--independent, non-partisan voters. I mean, we can take for granted the Red Team faithful will vote the party line...

Casey

LOL...are you a valley girl?
I'm impressed you've got a free hand to type, B. I figured one hand on the jug and one on hawkeye's Johnson for the big celebration tonight. wink

poor casey all by himself on the front range....I guess he's boring the sheep with late night pillow talk about the awesomeness of the Pauls.

At least I'm glad to see you give isaac a hand this morning.....so to speak... wink

Casey
Originally Posted by watch4bear

That's the spirit W4B!..........(but we still need a eye roll icon.....)

Casey
======================

Not just the sheep. He's chosen to bore everyone! His roll on progressively stupid posts is fun to watch though. I guess his sheep told him he was interesting and he's all a flutter.
LOL...are you a valley girl?

You've been wailing like a valley girl for the past year.....

What's worse, you'll be wailing louder when the NeoCons go nowhere this fall.........

Casey

Not just the sheep. He's chosen to bore everyone! His roll on progressively stupid posts is fun to watch though. I guess his sheep told him he was interesting and he's all a flutter.

Bob, I'm sure you do a lot of things well, but sparring on the Campfire and attempting to be funny ain't one of them.

And Bristoe is right, the NeoCons almost consider a true small government conservative a bigger threat than a liberal democrat......amazing.

I also notice you don't seem to have much confidence about this fall's elections--are you already conceding defeat (again) for the Country Clubbers in Washington?

That would explain the why you're soooo threatened by the conservative candidates.

Casey

Bob, I'm sure you do a lot of things well, but sparring on the Campfire and attempting to be funny ain't one of them.

And Bristoe is right, the NeoCons almost consider a true small government conservative a bigger threat than a liberal democrat......amazing.

I also notice you don't seem to have much confidence about this fall's elections--are you already conceding defeat (again) for the Country Clubbers in Washington?

That would explain the why you're soooo threatened by the conservative candidates.

Casey

LMAO!
Originally Posted by Stan V
Is all this bleating cause a Paul won a primary in Kentucky?

Kentucky?

I've seen rabid supporters when Jerry 'Moonbeam' Brown ran in California, it didn't hurt dating Linda Ronstadt....but these RPeeer's are some foaming at the mouth licking themselves and have taken tunnel vision to a whole new level! Probably licking, too.

LMAO! (and y'all are correct, without Sarah he couldn't have done it)

Good job however, if Paul can win the seat in Nov a great job.

It will be a rough race for sure considering his opponent yesterday was a democrat so I really wouldn't look for a lot of the opponent votes to go his way over that issue or due to the fact most republicans are more in line with liberal democrat ideas and are far away from any little "l" libertarian positions.

or

it could be an easy race due to his already defeating a democrat yesterday. You just never know? Still say his biggest challenge will be republicans who are opposed to individual liberties and cringe at the mention of genuine, full on laissez-faire.
Well, there are challenges in life...but, I don't have to tell you that.
She saw an opportunity to attach her name to a rising star and took it.

Casey
It's amazing how much energy Isaac expends badmouthing a Republican candidate he then pretends to be rooting for, isn't it? I hope this pattern is broad, though. In the current climate, the more establishment folks are seen to dislike and resent Rand Paul, the more his popularity with the average voter will tend to soar.
She saw an opportunity to attach her name to a rising star and took it.

Like she did with McCain?

And Rand Paul is the rising star, not Sarah?

LMAO! You are touched, dude.
this is the number that KY liberty boys should be worried about:

with 83 percent of the precincts reporting in both the Democratic and Republican primaries, the total Republican vote is about 300,000 while the total Democratic vote is more than 400,000.
Congrats to Kentucky on the win for freedom. I would heed the words of Steve and Isaac though and get to work immediately on November. The Democrats may be corrupt and wrong, but they are not completely unintelligent. Certainly the Big Boys are not either. Paul will have plenty of competition if they don't do something to smear him between now and then. The low voter turnouts are a definite concern.

1980 or 1984...indeed that is the question.
this is the number that KY liberty boys should be worried about:

with 83 percent of the precincts reporting in both the Democratic and Republican primaries, the total Republican vote is about 300,000 while the total Democratic vote is more than 400,000.

That and over a third of the people voting in the (R) race preferred a lifelong democrat over a lifelong non-democrat.
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Congrats to Kentucky on the win for freedom. I would heed the words of Steve and Isaac though and get to work immediately on November. The Democrats may be corrupt and wrong, but they are not completely unintelligent. Certainly the Big Boys are not either. Paul will have plenty of competition if they don't do something to smear him between now and then. The low voter turnouts are a definite concern.

If history is any indication, Paul's greatest threat will come from the establishment faction of his own party, as we're getting a small taste of in the present thread.
If history is any indication, Paul's greatest threat will come from the establishment faction of his own party, as we're getting a small taste of in the present thread.

Agree.

I get the feeling McConnell and company will do everything in their power to undermine Rand Paul this fall. If Paul gets in, he'll highlight the ineptitude and downright incompetence of the GOP by showing us how real conservatives act.

WHEEEEEE Doggies! You RPeeer's are creating smoke with your hand wringing...use some of that special lube you keep by the bedside!

GMAFB! The R's are gonna dynamite little Paul for what purpose? To lose the seat to a dim?

LMAO!
Originally Posted by ColeYounger

I see only some sarcasm and sour grapes from the more "establishment" types. Certainly nothing ominously threatening. Mainly some warnings from those more attuned to political battles. I also saw some grudging congratulations. Most of all though, I saw several posters who have been labeled "neo-cons" showing support for Rand Paul. If I were in Kentucky, I would be a Paul supporter and personally would be glad for the added support their numbers bring.

Having been and done politically, albeit at lower levels, I can tell you that unless your name is Clinton and you're on a perpetual campaign, the work begins after the election. Nothing is more discouraging than being forced to tell your constituents the same lame things that the former occupiers of your seat told them. Things that made them mad and disgruntled in the first place. Things they did not believe and that you did not believe but that it turns out, were the truth. There are truths and their are hard truths and winning is sometimes only the beginning of the revelatory process thereof.

Good luck in November Kentucky.
WHEEEEEE Doggies! You RPeeer's are creating smoke with your hand wringing...use some of that special lube you keep by the bedside!

GMAFB! The R's are gonna dynamite little Paul for what purpose? To lose the seat to a dim?

LMAO!

They were running a lifelong democrat against him so why not?

Agree.

I get the feeling McConnell and company will do everything in their power to undermine Rand Paul this fall. If Paul gets in, he'll highlight the ineptitude and downright incompetence of the GOP by showing us how real conservatives act.

Exactly.

Agree.

Exactly.

Well, when it comes to recognizing ineptitide and downright incompetence y'all need to hire someone to show you.....you're waddling in it and still don't recognize it. grin
what the RP children's crusade never got....but the people they call neocons or establishment republicans do get (aka the grownups)....is that the enemy is the left, and the first priority is to turn back the Obama revolution.

If I agree with Rand Paul on 80% of his positions, and recognize that he is far superior to any democrat, I'll support him. Like RR said, somebody who agrees with me 80% of the time is my ally, not my enemy.

People who rail on the team that won the cold war as Trotskyites and sit home and sulk it their man isn't the nominee can't really be taken seriously.

to paraphrase ol' "Ice Axe" Trotsky.....no enemies on the right.
what the RP children's crusade never got....but the people they call neocons or establishment republicans do get (aka the grownups)....is that the enemy is the left, and the first priority is to turn back the Obama revolution.

If I agree with Rand Paul on 80% of his positions, and recognize that he is far superior to any democrat, I'll support him. Like RR said, somebody who agrees with me 80% of the time is my ally, not my enemy.

People who rail on the team that won the cold war as Trotskyites and sit home and sulk it their man isn't the nominee can't really be taken seriously.

+1

Agree.

Exactly.

you're projecting the chickish behavior of Paulies when they lose on the grownups....doesn't work that way. McConnell wants to be majority leader, so he and the folks you call establishment repubs will be working hard to get RP Jr. and every other republican nominee elected in November.

Many indeed may be naive but the ones actually running such as Paul, will get a quick education on what happens if and when he actually wins the election. To be fair, lots of folks here favored his dad but held their noses and voted for McCain.

At some point however, after the election is won, those who want to really do something, must dispense with all the conspiracy theories, roll up their sleeves, and get to work. Otherwise they will be as ineffectual as the "establishment" types they replaced. Once one wins, one becomes part of that establishment. Sitting around and spinning conspiracy theories may be fun, but won't get America back to where it needs to be.

Whether we are revisiting 1980 or just entering 1984 remains to be seen.

The problem is you were supporting a lifelong democrat and the people you invariably support were also supporting a lifelong democrat. That's why no one outside your circle of big government supporters believes you.
Casey...it appears you don't care for third place on the all time silly and goofy post list!! You're still third due to context but have no worries; you're definitely in the top three!

Casey
It's amazing how much energy Isaac expends badmouthing a Republican candidate he then pretends to be rooting for, isn't it? I hope this pattern is broad, though. In the current climate, the more establishment folks are seen to dislike and resent Rand Paul, the more his popularity with the average voter will tend to soar.

============

Even after multiple direct comments (even using simple words for you to grasp), you still don't get it! No wonder the Tea Party is going out of their way to distance themselves from the goofballs!
Originally Posted by JasonB

The problem is you were supporting a lifelong democrat and the people you invariably support were also supporting a lifelong democrat.

No, Jason, the problem is you apparently can't read. I wasn't supporting anybody, don't live in KY, can't vote and didn't send money. As I said..Bunning is no bargain, and Paul has troublingly naiive views on foreign policy. I will support Paul against the democrat, where he's apparently going to need all the help he can get.

Originally Posted by OSOK
Agreed!

Ah, in regard to the Constitution, it took a body shot in circa 1917 with the Espionage and Sedition Act and has been bleeding to death since along with intermittent and continual bludgeonings by every agency and branch of the Fed gov'ernment All of whom may give it lip service while making decisions based on how the GDP will be affected; based on political ideology; and on what seems "good" in the short term.

Not on what the Constitution says or intended. I'm not sure what "being a Constitutionalist" means any more.
Originally Posted by JasonB

The problem is you were supporting a lifelong democrat and the people you invariably support were also supporting a lifelong democrat.

No, Jason, the problem is you apparently can't read. I wasn't supporting anybody, don't live in KY, can't vote and didn't send money. As I said..Bunning is no bargain, and Paul has troublingly naiive views on foreign policy. I will support Paul against the democrat, where he's apparently going to need all the help he can get.

Sorry, but you were perpetually attacking Paul and you support the folks that supported Grayson.
About as much brains as a loaf of bread!
jason is challenged in many ways. one hopes for Rand's sake that the vast majority of his fans are not so.
McConnell wants to be majority leader, so he and the folks you call establishment repubs will be working hard to get RP Jr. and every other republican nominee elected in November.

I doubt it. McConnel and the GOP are peeing their pants trying to figure out what to do with Rand Paul and the rest of the Tea Party.

The emergence of the Tea Party and the hostility of its members toward the GOP establishment gives party leaders cause for concern because it reflects growing estrangement with the party base.

Many fiscal conservatives became disillusioned over the growth of government during former President George W. Bush�s administration. As a result, they sat out the 2008 presidential campaign, giving Democrats a crucial advantage.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/80011-palin-and-mcconnell-wage-proxy-battle-in-kentucky

A win by Paul, a Bowling Green ophthalmologist, would represent the first true electoral success of the tea party movement. Equally important, it would embarrass Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, whose political organization is running Grayson�s campaign, thrust onto the national stage a Republican with foreign policy views out of the conservative mainstream and, strategists in both parties believe, imperil the GOP�s hold on the seat now held by retiring Sen. Jim Bunning.

Recognizing the threat, a well-connected former aide to Vice President Dick Cheney convened a conference call last week between Grayson and a group of leading national security conservatives to sound the alarm about Paul.[i]

more -

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34582.html

[Paul, the Bowling Green ophthalmologist whose chief claim to fame is that his father Ron is the world's most famous libertarian, now leads a race he was never supposed to enter. And he leads it by as much as 20 points. In doing so, he is upsetting not only expectations in Kentucky but also overturning the local power structure: he has outraised Kentucky secretary of state Trey Grayson, the handpicked favorite son of Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell. (See 10 potential Republican midterm surprises.)

And he has done so running nearly as much against the GOP as he has against the Democrats and Obama. Not surprisingly, his campaign is being watched closely by Republicans who worry about the size and strength of the Tea Party movement � and the drain insurgencies like Paul's could have on their coffers.

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1972721,00.html

what the RP children's crusade never got....

lol

Even though you're pretty much a partisan hack, I've got to admit you have great style. I get quite a chuckle from some of your more colorful put downs.

While I think RP has some wacky notions, smaller, more fiscally conservative .gov is not one of them. The degree of shrinkage we need is surely debatable, but do any of y'all disagree that the GOP is seriously ill & needs a purging of RINOs (I don't even know WTF a "Neocon" really is)? A rollback won't be easy, or painless, but it's long overdue & necessary to salvage the wreck that's been sinking.

Maybe Rand Paul is a less kooky version & is worthy of some respect and support, instead of continuous ridicule and pummeling.

lol

Even though you're pretty much a partisan hack, I've got to admit you have great style. I get quite a chuckle from some of your more colorful put downs.

I'm sure there are thousands more put downs to come for you ladies.... grin

Your presumption is the problem. Republican Party Boys (RPBs) won't turn back the revolution not only because they can't, but because they won't.

They can't because articulation and execution of genuinely Conservative ideology is no longer familiar nor attractive to them.

They won't because they like consolidated power in DC. If they're in office they like it cuz its theirs. If they're not in office they like it because it gives them something to rail on the Dems for because they're "relatively left" of RPBs.

The problem with your 80% comment is that you fail to remember that an ideology is an organic whole. You can't take out a part of a living thing, like anti-interventionist foreign policy, and have it remain in tact. Neo-Conservatism isn't Conservative any more than Neo-Orthodoxy is Orthodox. Its a fundamental change in ideology that creates a whole new organism.

Would I vote for a good solid Conservative regardless of party? Absolutely. Will I vote for a Republican just because he says he is relatively conservative when compared to our current President? C'mon. Seriously.

And since you mentioned foreign policy I must ask; what is the fundamental difference between you and Pres Obama on this? I mean, are we out of Iraq or any other country we occupied under Pres Bush? Seems to me that you guys and him have a lot in common.
Originally Posted by efw
Your presumption is the problem. Republican Party Boys (RPBs) won't turn back the revolution not only because they can't, but because they won't.

They can't because articulation and execution of genuinely Conservative ideology is no longer familiar nor attractive to them.

They won't because they like consolidated power in DC. If they're in office they like it cuz its theirs. If they're not in office they like it because it gives them something to rail on the Dems for because they're "relatively left" of RPBs.

The problem with your 80% comment is that you fail to remember that an ideology is an organic whole. You can't take out a part of a living thing, like anti-interventionist foreign policy, and have it remain in tact. Neo-Conservatism isn't Conservative any more than Neo-Orthodoxy is Orthodox. Its a fundamental change in ideology that creates a whole new organism.

Would I vote for a good solid Conservative regardless of party? Absolutely. Will I vote for a Republican just because he says he is relatively conservative when compared to our current President? C'mon. Seriously.

And since you mentioned foreign policy I must ask; what is the fundamental difference between you and Pres Obama on this? I mean, are we out of Iraq or any other country we occupied under Pres Bush? Seems to me that you guys and him have a lot in common.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by efw

You're on a roll bud.

Excellent post!

lol

I'm sure there are thousands more put downs to come for you ladies.... grin

...and the least articulate will come from you.

Wait... I can quote you before you even say it...

"Uh... huh... yeah... like Steve & Isaac said... ha ha ha... yeah..."
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
That ain't all that's popular in Kentucky grin

[Linked Image]

Looks like date night at Ole Miss.
It's time for McConnell to bring his turkey wattle back home and let it swing from the rocking on the front porch.

He's damaged the GOP enough for one Senator.

We can be assured isaac is secretly grinding his teeth in unison with the other Establishment Republicans............

Casey

We can be assured isaac is secretly grinding his teeth in unison with the other Establishment Republicans............

Casey

Establishment Republicans are old school leftists.

Some realize it,...some don't,...
Originally Posted by oulufinn
While I think RP has some wacky notions, smaller, more fiscally conservative .gov is not one of them. The degree of shrinkage we need is surely debatable, but do any of y'all disagree that the GOP is seriously ill & needs a purging of RINOs (I don't even know WTF a "Neocon" really is)? A rollback won't be easy, or painless, but it's long overdue & necessary to salvage the wreck that's been sinking.

Maybe Rand Paul is a less kooky version & is worthy of some respect and support, instead of continuous ridicule and pummeling.

Won't be forthcoming from the NeoCons--the Pauls represent a potential threat to a status quo that both establishment parties will do ANYTHING to maintain.

Don't be surprised if there ain't a bit of cooperation among the sitting Demos and Repubs to "gang up" on any libertarian candidate that is becoming too "successful"........

The only thing stronger than partisanship is maintaining power--politics can make for strange bedfellows.

Casey
He's one of 535 threats to status quo and the establishment in DC we need to have... 1/535th of the equation, and I support him in that.

Kent

Casey

Establishment Republicans are old school leftists.

Some realize it,...some don't,...

LMAO!

Maybe you should limit yourself to +1's and atta boys.....

Casey

===================

The only thng which truly is a certainty is you and a few others inabilty to grasp and conquer simple reading comprehension. Rand is a lifelong Republican and ran on the republican ticket. Try to understand that simple fact, first and foremost. Palin, who you butt-clenchers girlishly moan is a neocon(whatever that is) was largely responsible for Paul's success in what was a apethetically shameful voter turn-out for you self proclaimed goat ropin' liberty fighters. Without the continued support of the likes of Palin and the rest of the mainstrean GOP, Paul doesn't stand a chance this Fall. Paul certainly knows the strength and success of his election comes from the bankers,country clubbers,doctors/lawyers and corporate folks that provide the bulk of his campaign funding. There will be free hot dogs, cotton candy and pony rides to assure the vote of the fringers,of course, as it's still a vote and appeasing the fringers doesn't require much energy or cerebral thought. Some animal crackers and a "I'm gonna shut down the IRS" is all Paul needs to hypnotize your crowd.

I'll be gentle this year with you as the realities of a serious election start to set in upon you. It was just too easy and I was unecessarily mean in responding to your humilation. I'll just do smiley faces and those smart-ass icon thingies to you this year.

Off on a Texas hunt with the gang fellas. I'll hoist a drink to my friends here and salute you as we all jointly attempt to take back the House and Senate. It does take unity,though, and that requires grown-up thinking, not whining with a all or nothing mantra. Think about that!

I'll try to get a hunting thread going for the lot of you from Texas. Bristoe...keep your Revolution Wranglers in line!!
whats was the riff between them guys ?
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Good luck on the hunt. I hope you guys have a safe and fun time with much success to report!
Originally Posted by twrh111
whats was the riff between them guys ?
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

McConnell told Bunning he should resign, he was getting too old, and Mitch wanted his boy Grayson in there. Bunning wasn't happy about that, and Mitch had talked Bunning's contributors into NOT contributing to Bunning's re-election campaign. Bunning really couldn't get any money together for re-election, so he had to bow out.
Grayson thought he had it in the bag, until Paul stepped in. Grayson didn't bother to campaign until a couple of months ago, figuring he had it sewn up. Paul has been working and working hard, building up a base, for several years (through his Taxpayers United outfit), and had been campaigning since at least last fall (still, he entered the race WAY after Grayson had started lining up his DC and Wall Street buddies).

Paul just flat outworked him, and his people got out the vote, big time.

I'll say it again, Grayson was lazy and didn't bother to work for it, he thought he had it sewn up. It's a damned good thing he DIDN'T win the primary, he'd have lalligagged away the seat for good.
© 24hourcampfire