Home
Sigh...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5inPHK2DezoU6m_0Z1KIvC3Ik0B6QD9G3VNIG1

The National Rifle Association endorsed John McCain Thursday in Arizona's Republican Senate primary.

The endorsement was a significant boost for McCain, providing high-profile support for his conservative credentials as he tries to shake a primary challenge by former U.S. Rep. J.D. Hayworth.

Hayworth has attacked McCain's record on gun rights, saying the four-term Senator has supported restrictive legislation.

Hayworth touts an endorsement from Gun Owners of America, a smaller gun-rights lobbying group.

The NRA endorsed McCain in three of his four previous runs for the U.S. Senate, but it stayed out of his race in 2004 against a little-known Democrat.

The organization endorsed Hayworth in at least six of his seven U.S. House races.
I take it Hayworth has not mentioned support for banning gun shows and semi-autos like McCain has?
I'll be damned if I understand that! eek

John McCain was the chief spokesman and propagandist-in-charge of the George Soros-funded Oregon initiative to "close the gunshow loophole" back in 2000, which of course passed with flying colors.

I'm a Life Member but sometimes it makes me wonder. frown
NRA will always make you wonder at times, they look at a larger political picture, that sometimes just does not make sense to me, but its political in nature.

I just cannot agree with all they come up with. Still they are stronger and larger on our side than any other so you have to deal with them. They just seem like complete dumbazzes at times.

But could this be one of those things... that McCain could be a worse opponent and Hayworth couldn't?
I don't get it either.
In one of the recent American Rifleman magazines was an article about Harry Reid!! and him dedicating, I guess is the word, some rifle range in Nevada.
I did a double-take when I saw that!!

The NRA is being pragmatic. Hayworth has little chance of being elected and McCain is much more friendly to gun rights than his opponent.

BTW the NRA often endorses Democrats. They support the most gun friendly candidate that has a chance of winning.
The NRA is friend of big money...
Sold out, by the NRA... again.
of course doesn't mean you have to vote for McCain if you so choose.
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

BTW the NRA often endorses Democrats. They support the most gun friendly candidate that has a chance of winning.

Agreed.
I was just surprised to see a guy that is arguably one of the greatest threats to this country portrayed favorably by the NRA.
I don't agree with that news.
McCain is such a chameleon, I've never seen him take a position he couldn't/wouldn't change given the right circumstances.

Himself is the only principle he clings to.

MM
When Obama was elected I joined the NRA, SCI and GOA. When it came time to renew the NRA, I just couldn't stomach it.
At what point do these guys get tired of being politicians? How old is McLame now, 80? Time to give it a rest IMO.

I guess the old "Josey Wales" line is apropos-"Doin' right ain't got no end", at least in his mind he thinks he's doing right. Too bad the NRA has backed the wrong horse again. They're fools if they think McCain is going to help them out in the future, and I seriously doubt that it would make any difference had they endorsed Hayworth, and McCain had won. He'll still vote for "reasonable gun safety laws".
Some D-Bag got REALLY hot under the collar when I explained the "Juaquin Jackson Problem" to her today.

Started going on and on about the [bleep]' U.N.

I told her that in an area where there's damn near no law left at all,.....Why would I sweat a bunch of Pakistani targets,.....

asked her about Juaqin Jackson and his fat "Law Abiding" mouth,

and assured her that while that POS sits on the NRA board,....
Not on red cent from me,...into eternity.

I will put my regular match on this Sunday though.

....with a new "Battle rifle" phase.....MY contribution.

They (NRA) need to get outta' the beltway, move to Raton or Cheyenne.

GTC
How could the endorse an antigunner pretending to be something else

Lotta peeps around here don't understand politics and what it takes to git'er dun.
Endorsing somebody who wants to reinstate the AWB, ban all person to person firearm sales at or near gun shows, and require mandatory registration of all gun show attendees isn't something that should be open to "politics".

It should be an F rating for life.

PS: I forgot - also ban manufacture of all small handguns that might qualify as something a politician would call a Saturday Night Special.
In talking with my Dad this weekend it turns out that ole JD used to sub for my Dads early morning C&W radio program here in Greenville, SC. Did not know that or even that he was a Carolina boy.

FWIW my Dad spoke pretty highly of him.

Small world!

Lotta peeps around here don't understand politics and what it takes to git'er dun.

Coming from the left coast, and the PRK, that right there is some funny, laughable schit...

Just wtf has the PRK done to "git'er dun" for the 2A and America in, oh, the last 20 years.... Oh, wait, that's right... you've been on the OTHER side "git'n'er dun"...

Right....

Quite a bit wasshould have been learned a couple of Novembers ago. Lotta peeps seem to be kind of forgetful.. Or have another agenda...
The NRA also just re-elected Joaquin Jackson for the second time since his "Zumbo". Of course less than 10% of the eligible voting members actually voted. again.. Amazing, isn't it? Apathy by the members of an organization this important to so many.
About a month ago, give or take, McCain was on Greta von Susternen (sp?) saying nice things about the NRA. I said at the time that I thought a deal had been made and here it is. But I wonder how the NRA thinks they will keep him fron flipping on them. I certainly don't trust him to be consistent.

So, tell us exactly how Gun Banner(R) is preferable to Gun Banner(D).
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Coming from the left coast, and the PRK, that right there is some funny, laughable schit...

Just wtf has the PRK done to "git'er dun" for the 2A and America in, oh, the last 20 years.... Oh, wait, that's right... you've been on the OTHER side "git'n'er dun"...

Right....

Well if being from CA disqualifys us from the discussion, maybe you ought to get a petition started or something. I mean, why are we here?
Originally Posted by GeoW

Yes, I believe you're right.

Always go with the most Conservative candidate who has the best possibility of winning. In the Arizona senate race that candidate is Senator McCain.

Always go with the most Conservative candidate who has the best possibility of winning. In the Arizona senate race that candidate is Senator McCain.

How is a firearms ban orchestrated by an (R) any different than a firearms ban orchestrated by a (D)?

Also,The (D) will do more damage to your other rights and the Constitution than the (R)
Sold out, by the NRA... again.
NRA apologists can try to spin it any way they want, but this is the only truth to it.

Troll.
Yeah, I fail to see how a ban from A is any different than a ban from B. 6 of one, half dozen of the other.
Originally Posted by bearmgc

WTF does that mean? that big NRA donors like Kimber and Midway picked John McCain?

My guess is they've got polling that says McC's opponent would likely lose in November, and would rather have a squish republican than an antigun democrat in the seat. those guys are pretty cold blooded analysts....they didn't get to be the most effective lobby in Washington by making dumb or emotional decisions about who they endorse.
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by bearmgc

WTF does that mean? that big NRA donors like Kimber and Midway picked John McCain?

My guess is they've got polling that says McC's opponent would likely lose in November, and would rather have a squish republican than an antigun democrat in the seat. those guys are pretty cold blooded analysts....they didn't get to be the most effective lobby in Washington by making dumb or emotional decisions about who they endorse.
Personally, I'm done with McClown and I'm done with the NRA.
Suit yourself, but the NRA will still be around.
And the combination of support from the NRA and Palin will give the Hayworth team a virtually impossible hurdle to overcome.
The NRA is just like many American citizens: Winning is always more important than doing the right thing.

Analyze that how you wish......
How can the NRA endorse a candidate when their own web page has this to say about him?

http://www.nrapvf.org/News/Article.aspx?ID=60

An excerpt:

Campaign finance reform--especially in the guise of S.27, the McCain-Feingold legislation that passed the Senate in April--is a direct killing attack on every individual American`s First Amendment right to use political speech to protect the entire Bill of Rights.

Campaign finance reform is not about big dollars influencing elections. It`s not about crooked politicians and a tainted process. It`s not about corruption. It is about who will control information to the electorate; with the big media and incumbent politicians having a total lock on speech, ideas and political thought in America.

It is about a television/radio blackout of truth, opinions and beliefs of individual Americans who pool their power by choosing to belong to organizations such as NRA--which gives them the collective clout to reach millions of voters through paid issue advocacy.

In short, campaign finance reform would put the NRA out of business when it comes to impacting Federal elections and public policy.

If NRA cannot do its job in politics, then open season on the Second Amendment will follow.

McCain was led down a primrose path by a Senate Democratic leadership that is doing all it can to keep him beholden. In reality, it is pushing to derail President George W. Bush`s chance for a second term. And more importantly, it wants a Senate majority of radical Democrats. And that would prove an unprecedented threat to the Second Amendment. John McCain is its Judas goat--leading the sheep to slaughter.

McCain`s relationship with the Democratic leadership paid off when he demanded to bring his campaign finance bill directly to the floor. By doing so, McCain short-circuited the entire normal, deliberative hearing process. Not one word of testimony in the first Senate session of the 107th Congress was heard on campaign finance reform. Not one ordinary American appeared in support or opposition to this legislation. That blackout of public comment was McCain`s ace in the hole.

Just wtf has the PRK done to "git'er dun" for the 2A and America in, oh, the last 20 years....

Nordyke is WTF Californians have been doing, for one. And when we get strict incorporation, you can for damned sure bet that Calguns foundation and the CRPA are going to blow big &%$@ing holes in the CA AWB, Gun safety testing, etc... Gun owners in CA are not sitting on their asses.

WTF has VA been doing lately, other than keeping folks from hunting on Sunday, and sending their electoral votes to team Blue? Oh, that's right, you've relocated to a different East Coast cesspool. Sucks to be you I guess.

Scott
There is a train of thought in the GOP that sees McCAIN'S ability
to get on national tv at his request a bigger asset than JD'S conservatism. Like it or not,it's there. Bob
McCain is electable in Nov, JD is not. The NRA, as much as I dislike it, got this one right.

Well, now did you all notice in the latest issue of the Rifleman magazine old Harry Reid gummin it up with the NRA Kahunas at some new range in Nevada? Yeah there was old Dingy Harry just suckin up all that praise and cutting ribbons on that celestial range He earmarked to to us peons.

So would you vote for him? I sure as hell wouldn't
I loathe how it's tossed around that "you're not dealing like the big boys if you don't compromise your principles"

when I was a kid the big boys I admired didn't compromise on much of anything. They stood their ground.

IMO we've become mostly a nation of bedwetters, we've got to give to get.

believe that's how we ended up at this juncture, good folks compromising. YMMV
Originally Posted by HawkI
The NRA is just like many American citizens: Winning is always more important than doing the right thing.

Analyze that how you wish......

================

I have.
Originally Posted by IntruderBN
McCain is electable in Nov, JD is not. The NRA, as much as I dislike it, got this one right.

The NRA used to endorse Arlan Spector for years also. Pro or anti 2nd amendment, he didn't care. As long as they dangled the contributions in front of his nose to get re elected, that was his position.
This is exactly why the Tea Party is going to fizzle. Some of y'all are astounding. You're going to let the NRA money-grubbers talk you into voting for a proven dickweasel again. Then there will be all the high-fives and obligatory reach-arounds after McClown wins. Then six months down the road when he gets his Domestic Terror bill passed where they can detain you as an American citizen, someplace like Gitmo and waterboard your asss because they deem you a "terrorist", you'll wonder who elected this assclown.

This is exactly why we keep circling the drain. Democrats push their agenda. Their idea of compromise is you giving something of yours up and them taking it. The Republican idea of compromise is the same thing. Us giving something up and the commies taking it. You can't compromise inalienable rights.
Cole, I think you got it exactly right.
Stand by your conviction win or loose. This is why I belong to GOA (NO COMPROMISE) as well as the NRA, though my NRA support is waning due to this sort of stuff and Im a NRA certified RSO.
Cole...speak to the voting population of Arizona. It's their election!
Amen brother!

Just because some one says that person "A" is more electable than person "B" doesn't make it so unless you "the voter" believe it and are given no other choise. You can always write in your vote.

Unless "winning" is more important to you than voting your beliefs.
Originally Posted by isaac
Cole...speak to the voting population of Arizona. It's their election!
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insanity."
So is losing to the dem candidate.
The only reason you lose is because Palin and the NRA endorsed the big money/commie-lite candidate.
If that were the case, then you should expect Hayworth's polling numbers to shoot upwards between now and the primary,right? Remember, I already posted my feeling that hayworth was a worthy candidate and he had a good shot at winning the primary. I also think he cold beat the dem candidate. As of now; however, the voting population of Arizona seems content in having McCain continue. I simply stated that with the NRA's and Palin's endorsement, Hayworth had some serious headwinds ahead of him.

See what Rasmussen has as the polling numbers for each GOP candidate versus the dem candidate. Therein may lie some of the reasoning.

Thge real issue might become what the pouters and moaners will do with their vote if their GOP Arizona wish doesn't materialize.
McLame is a disgrace.

If he were a "true patriot" as he tries to paint himself, he'd step his old, tired, sell-out ass out of the race to do the best thing for AZ and America.
I don't know much about Arizona politics. Can somebody please tell me why JD Hayworth is unelectable?

I've never been a John McCain fan but did vote for him for President, simply because he'd be better than what we've got.
That's disappointing. GOA is a much more principled outfit.

On that note, the WaPo is reporting that Harry Reid is now favored for reelection because the flake who managed to win the GOP primary has so much loony material in her background and platform that Dingy Harry will be able to pull it out.

I guess that's what you call standing for principle, if your priciple is to reelect Harry.
Yep.
McCain is a slippery SOB as this immigrant stuff makes clear.
I still support the NRA, but damn, I wish they wouldn't have endorsed him.
mad
Something is very seriously skewed with the NRA leadership if they're endorsing McCain over *anybody*.

He has proven to be a bigger threat to the 2nd amendment than the vast majority of democrats in congress.

Is the NRA now the "Judas goat" leading the sheep to slaughter?

It sure seems that way.
If you single out just one member of Congress who symbolizes all that is wrong with the Republican party, it would *have* to be McCain.
A politician, any politician, can do nothing until and unless he is elected. To vote for someone who has little or no chance of being elected is stupid. You might just as well be wasting your time blathering on this and other forums.

If you don't like the candidates sent up by either party then it is up to you and yours to make sure strong candidates that carry your beliefs are incubated and nurtured from local level to national level.

Voting your favorite whiz-bang who has no chance of winning high office is like hunting moose with a BB gun. It's annoys the moose and wastes your time.

On that note, the WaPo is reporting that Harry Reid is now favored for reelection because the flake who managed to win the GOP primary has so much loony material in her background and platform that Dingy Harry will be able to pull it out.

I guess that's what you call standing for principle, if your priciple is to reelect Harry.

Steve..

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...tions/nevada/election_2010_nevada_senate

Sharron Angle, following her come-from-behind Republican Primary win Tuesday, has bounced to an 11-point lead over Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in Nevada�s closely-watched U.S. Senate race.
A politician, any politician, can do nothing until and unless he is elected. To vote for someone who has little or no chance of being elected is stupid. You might just as well be wasting your time blathering on this and other forums.

If you don't like the candidates sent up by either party then it is up to you and yours to make sure strong candidates that carry your beliefs are incubated and nurtured from local level to national level.

Voting your favorite whiz-bang who has no chance of winning high office is like hunting moose with a BB gun. It's annoys the moose and wastes your time.
Your state is dammed near bankrupt, you can't own nearly the variety of guns that I, a Kansas hick, can, your largest cities are cesspools of vice and corruption-not to mention "sanctuaries" for illegal aliens...I guess your sellout/compromise political philosophy is working really well. Please get in line behind JeffO to kiss my asss.
This may be the year where the RINO supporters have to put their money where their mouths are. They wailed and howled for support of the worthless POS McCain in '08. Now, they can choose to sit out, vote for Tea Party types or go full dem, instead of dem light.

We'll see if McCain wins the primary in AZ, but the RINOs have a choice to make in Nevada. They can do what they accuse non-RINO supporters of doing, or suck it up and knock Harry's dick in the dirt... Interesting times.

On the NRA note, the fact that only around 10% of the members eligible to vote, did. This apathy is embarrassing and also what just re-elected a guy like Joaquin Jackson to the Board and also support Harry in Nevada. The whiners who are not NRA members are bad enough, but to not even vote in the BOD elections when you are eligible to vote is just stunning..
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Steve..

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...tions/nevada/election_2010_nevada_senate

Sharron Angle, following her come-from-behind Republican Primary win Tuesday, has bounced to an 11-point lead over Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in Nevada�s closely-watched U.S. Senate race.

hope to hell she can hold that lead....the demise of Harry Reid is one of the big celebrations I'm looking forward to on election night. one hopes Dana Milbank was just doing some leftie projecting in the WaPo.
Originally Posted by oulufinn
This may be the year where the RINO supporters have to put their money where their mouths are. They wailed and howled for support of the worthless POS McCain in '08. Now, they can choose to sit out, vote for Tea Party types or go full dem, instead of dem light.

We'll see if McCain wins the primary in AZ, but the RINOs have a choice to make in Nevada. They can do what they accuse non-RINO supporters of doing, or suck it up and knock Harry's dick in the dirt... Interesting times.

On the NRA note, the fact that only around 10% of the members eligible to vote, did. This apathy is embarrassing and also what just re-elected a guy like Joaquin Jackson to the Board and also support Harry in Nevada. The whiners who are not NRA members are bad enough, but to not even vote in the BOD elections when you are eligible to vote is just stunning..
Spot-on. Let's see the RINO's pony up now. For years they've been telling us to take it for the good of conservativism. Now we've got some real conservative candidates so as you say, let's see who is who.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
If you single out just one member of Congress who symbolizes all that is wrong with the Republican party, it would *have* to be McCain.
Big +1
For McCain to receive support from any pro-gun organization is sad and cause for concern.
At best, what the NRA should have done is endorse Hayworth for the primary, and if he still lost to McCain then NRA could have endorsed McCain over his Dem opponent.

But to endorse McCain from the start... they're selling out every NRA member.
Rasmussen's site states it will come out later today with the polling head to head numbers for both McCain and Hayworth versus the likely dem challenger(Glassman). I'm thinking both GOP candidates will poll higher but it will be interesting to verify.

By chance,if anyone is loitering over on Rasmussen and they happen to stumble upon it, kindly post it,please.
Originally Posted by ColeYounger

Your state is dammed near bankrupt, you can't own nearly the variety of guns that I, a Kansas hick, can, your largest cities are cesspools of vice and corruption-not to mention "sanctuaries" for illegal aliens...I guess your sellout/compromise political philosophy is working really well. Please get in line behind JeffO to kiss my asss.

I have no argument with anything you wrote about California. In fact I heartily agree with everything you say. However nothing you said negates the truth of my statement. It would better serve the purpose of civil discussion if you would concentrate on intelligent rejoinder instead of begging to have your unworthy ass kissed.

I have no argument with anything you wrote about California. In fact I heartily agree with everything you say. However nothing you said negates the truth of my statement. It would better serve the purpose of civil discussion if you would concentrate on intelligent rejoinder instead of begging to have your unworthy ass kissed.

You mean he can't use the same retorts that your leftist politicians from the PRK that are undermining the Constitution and America?

Gee, that's telling...

You mean he can't use the same retorts that your leftist politicians from the PRK that are undermining the Constitution and America?

Gee, that's telling...

Again, unresponsive to my statement.
You start out with a false premise, that Hayworth is unelectable. Everything after that is just so much white noise.

It is also true that at some point, voting for a politician such as McCain does not equate to the lesser of two evils, even if you believe in voting that way. The single biggest issue right now is that of immigration and McCain simply can't change his stripes on that with a couple of catchy slogans.

In my opinion Hayworth is not electable, therefor I would go with McCain. He certainly was not my first choice in '08 and he ran a very weak and confused campaign evidenced by his VP choice and his reluctance to attack BHO. Nevertheless I supported him and voted for him and would do so again if I lived in Arizona.

If you think Hayworth is electable then you must support him. Have you donated to his campaign?
Why is Hayworth unelectable?
It's my feeling that both McCain and Hayworth could defeat Glassman in November. Rasmussen is supposed to have out there most recent head to head polling numbers but they aren't,as yet.

Maybe there will be something in the polling analysis to shed some light as to who's the stronger candidate versus Glassman.

In my opinion Hayworth is not electable, therefor I would go with McCain. He certainly was not my first choice in '08 and he ran a very weak and confused campaign evidenced by his VP choice and his reluctance to attack BHO. Nevertheless I supported him and voted for him and would do so again if I lived in Arizona.

If you think Hayworth is electable then you must support him. Have you donated to his campaign?
You got the opinion part right and IMO your opinion is frickin' stupid.
Originally Posted by Jocko_Slugshot
Because Palin and the NRA are supporting McClown.

Anyone have the recent polling numbers?
McCain, whatever his beliefs now, is one of our true American heroes, and should be treated with more respect than he is given here.

Because Palin and the NRA are supporting McClown.

You got that right.
In early April,Rasmuusen had it 47-42 McCain. As of May 17 or therabouts, McCains numbers jumped to 52 over Hayworth's 40. Have no idea what precipitated the rise and Rasmuusen should be out with new numbers for both the GOP Senate race and the head to head numbers versus Glassman any hour now.
McCain has proven to be a devout enemy of the second amendment,.. as well as a trojan horse, judas goat who has implanted himself in the GOP for the purpose of doing as much damage as possible to conservatism and to the country in general,...but he's electable, by damn!,..so evahbuddy needs to get on his bank wagon!
Just don't understand this s$itt.
He tried to tie their hands before and now they say he is the best.
Makes you want to join some other group.
As far as mccain being a hero and treating him with respect,I have and do.
He should retire and live the good life.

How cunning and clever you are.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by croldfort
McCain, whatever his beliefs now, is one of our true American heroes, and should be treated with more respect than he is given here.

So what action or actions could he commit that would cause you to stop supporting him?

Anyone to the right of McLame, Schwarzenegger, and the usual RINO's are "unelectable" in Spanky's opinion. In his philosophy it's better to compromise unalienable rights and concede defeat rather than actually make a fight for liberty. That seems to be a common theme in his posts at any rate.
Originally Posted by mike762

Anyone to the right of McLame, Schwarzenegger, and the usual RINO's are "unelectable" in Spanky's opinion. In his philosophy it's better to compromise unalienable rights and concede defeat rather than actually make a fight for liberty. That seems to be a common theme in his posts at any rate.
Spot-on.
© 24hourcampfire