-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
McCain is electable in Nov, JD is not. The NRA, as much as I dislike it, got this one right.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Well, now did you all notice in the latest issue of the Rifleman magazine old Harry Reid gummin it up with the NRA Kahunas at some new range in Nevada? Yeah there was old Dingy Harry just suckin up all that praise and cutting ribbons on that celestial range He earmarked to to us peons.

So would you vote for him? I sure as hell wouldn't

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I loathe how it's tossed around that "you're not dealing like the big boys if you don't compromise your principles"

when I was a kid the big boys I admired didn't compromise on much of anything. They stood their ground.

IMO we've become mostly a nation of bedwetters, we've got to give to get.

believe that's how we ended up at this juncture, good folks compromising. YMMV

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by HawkI
The NRA is just like many American citizens: Winning is always more important than doing the right thing.

Analyze that how you wish......

================

I have.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by IntruderBN
McCain is electable in Nov, JD is not. The NRA, as much as I dislike it, got this one right.

The NRA used to endorse Arlan Spector for years also. Pro or anti 2nd amendment, he didn't care. As long as they dangled the contributions in front of his nose to get re elected, that was his position.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is exactly why the Tea Party is going to fizzle. Some of y'all are astounding. You're going to let the NRA money-grubbers talk you into voting for a proven dickweasel again. Then there will be all the high-fives and obligatory reach-arounds after McClown wins. Then six months down the road when he gets his Domestic Terror bill passed where they can detain you as an American citizen, someplace like Gitmo and waterboard your asss because they deem you a "terrorist", you'll wonder who elected this assclown.

This is exactly why we keep circling the drain. Democrats push their agenda. Their idea of compromise is you giving something of yours up and them taking it. The Republican idea of compromise is the same thing. Us giving something up and the commies taking it. You can't compromise inalienable rights.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Cole, I think you got it exactly right.
Stand by your conviction win or loose. This is why I belong to GOA (NO COMPROMISE) as well as the NRA, though my NRA support is waning due to this sort of stuff and Im a NRA certified RSO.

Romey
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Cole...speak to the voting population of Arizona. It's their election!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Amen brother!

Just because some one says that person "A" is more electable than person "B" doesn't make it so unless you "the voter" believe it and are given no other choise. You can always write in your vote.

Unless "winning" is more important to you than voting your beliefs.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
Cole...speak to the voting population of Arizona. It's their election!
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insanity."

IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
So is losing to the dem candidate.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The only reason you lose is because Palin and the NRA endorsed the big money/commie-lite candidate.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
If that were the case, then you should expect Hayworth's polling numbers to shoot upwards between now and the primary,right? Remember, I already posted my feeling that hayworth was a worthy candidate and he had a good shot at winning the primary. I also think he cold beat the dem candidate. As of now; however, the voting population of Arizona seems content in having McCain continue. I simply stated that with the NRA's and Palin's endorsement, Hayworth had some serious headwinds ahead of him.

See what Rasmussen has as the polling numbers for each GOP candidate versus the dem candidate. Therein may lie some of the reasoning.

Thge real issue might become what the pouters and moaners will do with their vote if their GOP Arizona wish doesn't materialize.

William Arthur Ward

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
McLame is a disgrace.

If he were a "true patriot" as he tries to paint himself, he'd step his old, tired, sell-out ass out of the race to do the best thing for AZ and America.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I don't know much about Arizona politics. Can somebody please tell me why JD Hayworth is unelectable?

I've never been a John McCain fan but did vote for him for President, simply because he'd be better than what we've got.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
That's disappointing. GOA is a much more principled outfit.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by isaac
So is losing to the dem candidate.

On that note, the WaPo is reporting that Harry Reid is now favored for reelection because the flake who managed to win the GOP primary has so much loony material in her background and platform that Dingy Harry will be able to pull it out.

I guess that's what you call standing for principle, if your priciple is to reelect Harry.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep.
McCain is a slippery SOB as this immigrant stuff makes clear.
I still support the NRA, but damn, I wish they wouldn't have endorsed him.
mad

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Something is very seriously skewed with the NRA leadership if they're endorsing McCain over *anybody*.

He has proven to be a bigger threat to the 2nd amendment than the vast majority of democrats in congress.

Is the NRA now the "Judas goat" leading the sheep to slaughter?

It sure seems that way.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
If you single out just one member of Congress who symbolizes all that is wrong with the Republican party, it would *have* to be McCain.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

214 members (1minute, 2five7, 2ndwind, 264mag, 17CalFan, 219 Wasp, 30 invisible), 2,180 guests, and 1,060 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,206
Posts18,503,843
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.