Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Sigh...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5inPHK2DezoU6m_0Z1KIvC3Ik0B6QD9G3VNIG1

The National Rifle Association endorsed John McCain Thursday in Arizona's Republican Senate primary.

The endorsement was a significant boost for McCain, providing high-profile support for his conservative credentials as he tries to shake a primary challenge by former U.S. Rep. J.D. Hayworth.

Hayworth has attacked McCain's record on gun rights, saying the four-term Senator has supported restrictive legislation.

Hayworth touts an endorsement from Gun Owners of America, a smaller gun-rights lobbying group.

The NRA endorsed McCain in three of his four previous runs for the U.S. Senate, but it stayed out of his race in 2004 against a little-known Democrat.

The organization endorsed Hayworth in at least six of his seven U.S. House races.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I take it Hayworth has not mentioned support for banning gun shows and semi-autos like McCain has?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll be damned if I understand that! eek

John McCain was the chief spokesman and propagandist-in-charge of the George Soros-funded Oregon initiative to "close the gunshow loophole" back in 2000, which of course passed with flying colors.

I'm a Life Member but sometimes it makes me wonder. frown

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
NRA will always make you wonder at times, they look at a larger political picture, that sometimes just does not make sense to me, but its political in nature.

I just cannot agree with all they come up with. Still they are stronger and larger on our side than any other so you have to deal with them. They just seem like complete dumbazzes at times.

But could this be one of those things... that McCain could be a worse opponent and Hayworth couldn't?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't get it either.
In one of the recent American Rifleman magazines was an article about Harry Reid!! and him dedicating, I guess is the word, some rifle range in Nevada.
I did a double-take when I saw that!!

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

The NRA is being pragmatic. Hayworth has little chance of being elected and McCain is much more friendly to gun rights than his opponent.

BTW the NRA often endorses Democrats. They support the most gun friendly candidate that has a chance of winning.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The NRA is friend of big money...

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Sold out, by the NRA... again.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
of course doesn't mean you have to vote for McCain if you so choose.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

BTW the NRA often endorses Democrats. They support the most gun friendly candidate that has a chance of winning.

Agreed.
I was just surprised to see a guy that is arguably one of the greatest threats to this country portrayed favorably by the NRA.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I don't agree with that news.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
McCain is such a chameleon, I've never seen him take a position he couldn't/wouldn't change given the right circumstances.

Himself is the only principle he clings to.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When Obama was elected I joined the NRA, SCI and GOA. When it came time to renew the NRA, I just couldn't stomach it.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
At what point do these guys get tired of being politicians? How old is McLame now, 80? Time to give it a rest IMO.

I guess the old "Josey Wales" line is apropos-"Doin' right ain't got no end", at least in his mind he thinks he's doing right. Too bad the NRA has backed the wrong horse again. They're fools if they think McCain is going to help them out in the future, and I seriously doubt that it would make any difference had they endorsed Hayworth, and McCain had won. He'll still vote for "reasonable gun safety laws".

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Some D-Bag got REALLY hot under the collar when I explained the "Juaquin Jackson Problem" to her today.

Started going on and on about the [bleep]' U.N.

I told her that in an area where there's damn near no law left at all,.....Why would I sweat a bunch of Pakistani targets,.....

asked her about Juaqin Jackson and his fat "Law Abiding" mouth,

and assured her that while that POS sits on the NRA board,....
Not on red cent from me,...into eternity.

I will put my regular match on this Sunday though.

....with a new "Battle rifle" phase.....MY contribution.

They (NRA) need to get outta' the beltway, move to Raton or Cheyenne.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 06/03/10.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
How could the endorse an antigunner pretending to be something else

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Lotta peeps around here don't understand politics and what it takes to git'er dun.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Endorsing somebody who wants to reinstate the AWB, ban all person to person firearm sales at or near gun shows, and require mandatory registration of all gun show attendees isn't something that should be open to "politics".

It should be an F rating for life.

PS: I forgot - also ban manufacture of all small handguns that might qualify as something a politician would call a Saturday Night Special.

Last edited by Calhoun; 06/03/10.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In talking with my Dad this weekend it turns out that ole JD used to sub for my Dads early morning C&W radio program here in Greenville, SC. Did not know that or even that he was a Carolina boy.

FWIW my Dad spoke pretty highly of him.

Small world!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Lotta peeps around here don't understand politics and what it takes to git'er dun.

Coming from the left coast, and the PRK, that right there is some funny, laughable schit...

Just wtf has the PRK done to "git'er dun" for the 2A and America in, oh, the last 20 years.... Oh, wait, that's right... you've been on the OTHER side "git'n'er dun"...

Right....

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

336 members (260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 204guy, 300_savage, 222ND, 50 invisible), 2,317 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,534
Posts18,531,006
Members74,038
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.