Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Lotta peeps around here don't understand politics and what it takes to git'er dun.

Quite a bit wasshould have been learned a couple of Novembers ago. Lotta peeps seem to be kind of forgetful.. Or have another agenda...

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
The NRA also just re-elected Joaquin Jackson for the second time since his "Zumbo". Of course less than 10% of the eligible voting members actually voted. again.. Amazing, isn't it? Apathy by the members of an organization this important to so many.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
About a month ago, give or take, McCain was on Greta von Susternen (sp?) saying nice things about the NRA. I said at the time that I thought a deal had been made and here it is. But I wonder how the NRA thinks they will keep him fron flipping on them. I certainly don't trust him to be consistent.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Lotta peeps around here don't understand politics and what it takes to git'er dun.

So, tell us exactly how Gun Banner(R) is preferable to Gun Banner(D).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Coming from the left coast, and the PRK, that right there is some funny, laughable schit...

Just wtf has the PRK done to "git'er dun" for the 2A and America in, oh, the last 20 years.... Oh, wait, that's right... you've been on the OTHER side "git'n'er dun"...

Right....

Well if being from CA disqualifys us from the discussion, maybe you ought to get a petition started or something. I mean, why are we here?

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by GeoW
The NRA is friend of big money...

Yes, I believe you're right.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Always go with the most Conservative candidate who has the best possibility of winning. In the Arizona senate race that candidate is Senator McCain.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Always go with the most Conservative candidate who has the best possibility of winning. In the Arizona senate race that candidate is Senator McCain.

How is a firearms ban orchestrated by an (R) any different than a firearms ban orchestrated by a (D)?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Also,The (D) will do more damage to your other rights and the Constitution than the (R)

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Sold out, by the NRA... again.
NRA apologists can try to spin it any way they want, but this is the only truth to it.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Troll.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah, I fail to see how a ban from A is any different than a ban from B. 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bearmgc

WTF does that mean? that big NRA donors like Kimber and Midway picked John McCain?

My guess is they've got polling that says McC's opponent would likely lose in November, and would rather have a squish republican than an antigun democrat in the seat. those guys are pretty cold blooded analysts....they didn't get to be the most effective lobby in Washington by making dumb or emotional decisions about who they endorse.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by bearmgc

WTF does that mean? that big NRA donors like Kimber and Midway picked John McCain?

My guess is they've got polling that says McC's opponent would likely lose in November, and would rather have a squish republican than an antigun democrat in the seat. those guys are pretty cold blooded analysts....they didn't get to be the most effective lobby in Washington by making dumb or emotional decisions about who they endorse.
Personally, I'm done with McClown and I'm done with the NRA.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Suit yourself, but the NRA will still be around.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
And the combination of support from the NRA and Palin will give the Hayworth team a virtually impossible hurdle to overcome.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
The NRA is just like many American citizens: Winning is always more important than doing the right thing.

Analyze that how you wish......

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
How can the NRA endorse a candidate when their own web page has this to say about him?

http://www.nrapvf.org/News/Article.aspx?ID=60

An excerpt:

Campaign finance reform--especially in the guise of S.27, the McCain-Feingold legislation that passed the Senate in April--is a direct killing attack on every individual American`s First Amendment right to use political speech to protect the entire Bill of Rights.

Campaign finance reform is not about big dollars influencing elections. It`s not about crooked politicians and a tainted process. It`s not about corruption. It is about who will control information to the electorate; with the big media and incumbent politicians having a total lock on speech, ideas and political thought in America.

It is about a television/radio blackout of truth, opinions and beliefs of individual Americans who pool their power by choosing to belong to organizations such as NRA--which gives them the collective clout to reach millions of voters through paid issue advocacy.

In short, campaign finance reform would put the NRA out of business when it comes to impacting Federal elections and public policy.

If NRA cannot do its job in politics, then open season on the Second Amendment will follow.

McCain was led down a primrose path by a Senate Democratic leadership that is doing all it can to keep him beholden. In reality, it is pushing to derail President George W. Bush`s chance for a second term. And more importantly, it wants a Senate majority of radical Democrats. And that would prove an unprecedented threat to the Second Amendment. John McCain is its Judas goat--leading the sheep to slaughter.

McCain`s relationship with the Democratic leadership paid off when he demanded to bring his campaign finance bill directly to the floor. By doing so, McCain short-circuited the entire normal, deliberative hearing process. Not one word of testimony in the first Senate session of the 107th Congress was heard on campaign finance reform. Not one ordinary American appeared in support or opposition to this legislation. That blackout of public comment was McCain`s ace in the hole.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just wtf has the PRK done to "git'er dun" for the 2A and America in, oh, the last 20 years....

Nordyke is WTF Californians have been doing, for one. And when we get strict incorporation, you can for damned sure bet that Calguns foundation and the CRPA are going to blow big &%$@ing holes in the CA AWB, Gun safety testing, etc... Gun owners in CA are not sitting on their asses.

WTF has VA been doing lately, other than keeping folks from hunting on Sunday, and sending their electoral votes to team Blue? Oh, that's right, you've relocated to a different East Coast cesspool. Sucks to be you I guess.

Scott

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is a train of thought in the GOP that sees McCAIN'S ability
to get on national tv at his request a bigger asset than JD'S conservatism. Like it or not,it's there. Bob

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

156 members (32_20fan, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 300_savage, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 23 invisible), 2,712 guests, and 911 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,643
Posts18,533,658
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.