Home
"I need everybody here to go back to your neighborhoods, and your workplaces, to your churches, and barbershops, and beauty shops. Tell them we have more work to do. Tell them we can't wait to organize. Tell them that the time for action is now," Obama said in his remarks.

This doesn't sound like he's wanting "them" to wait for the vote in NOvember!

Alan

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100919/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_black_caucus

By MARK S. SMITH, Associated Press Writer � 12 mins ago
WASHINGTON � President Barack Obama came out swinging against Republicans in a fiery campaign-season speech to black lawmakers Saturday night, making an urgent appeal for the kind of grassroots organizing that propelled the civil rights movement.
With the GOP hoping to regain power on Capitol Hill in the November election, Obama described his adversaries as "a crowd ... that wants to do what's right politically, instead of what's right � period." He never named the opposing party, referring to it as "the other side."
"I need everybody here to go back to your neighborhoods, and your workplaces, to your churches, and barbershops, and beauty shops. Tell them we have more work to do. Tell them we can't wait to organize. Tell them that the time for action is now," Obama said in his remarks.
The first black president also said the recession had struck "with a particular vengeance on African-American communities" and he defended his approach to reviving the sour economy.
Members of "the other side," Obama said, "want to take us backward. We want to move America forward. In fact, they're betting that you'll come down with a case of amnesia. That you'll forget about what their agenda did to this country when they were in charge. Remember, these are the folks who spent almost a decade driving the economy into a ditch. And now they're asking for the keys back."
With polls showing his party facing a wide "enthusiasm gap" with the GOP, Obama sought to rally an important constituency in his speech.
"What made the civil rights movement possible were foot soldiers like so many of you, sitting down at lunch counters and standing up for freedom. What made it possible for me to be here today are Americans throughout our history making our union more equal, making our union more just, making our union more perfect," Obama said. "That's what we need again."
The caucus is a group reeling from ethics charges against two leading members, Democratic Reps. Charles Rangel of New York and Maxine Waters of California. Republicans are preparing TV ads spotlighting the cases, even though House trials are now not expected until after the November election.
The cases complicate an already difficulty electoral landscape for Obama's party, with polls showing Republicans energized and Democrats unenthusiastic about the vote.
A recent AP-GfK poll found that 84 percent of Republicans believe their party will seize control of Congress in November. Just 51 percent of Democrats thought their party would keep it.
While neither party's rank and file thinks much of politics these days, Democrats' feelings have slumped badly. Just 26 percent said they're "excited," compared with 80 percent when Obama was elected.
For Obama, the caucus dinner at the Washington Convention Center capped a week of concerted outreach to minority supporters, a traditional wellspring of Democratic strength.
The effort began Monday with a White House reception for black college officials. It included speeches by the president on Wednesday to the Congressional Hispanic Caucus and by first lady Michelle Obama to a black caucus legislative conference that same day.
Last week, Obama was interviewed on "The Tom Joyner Show" radio program, which enjoys a large black audience.
Black caucus members have been staunch backers of the first African-American president. But they've also voiced concern that he hasn't done enough to help struggling black families.
They point to persistent high inner-city unemployment and a new census report showing a jump in poverty on Obama's watch. The poverty rate was 14.3 percent, with the ranks of working-age poor at the highest since the 1960s. For blacks, the rate was 25.8 percent and for Hispanics it was 25.3 percent.
Obama told Joyner he knows unemployment has been "brutal," especially among African-Americans, but he compared the economy to a patient recovering from an accident. "It can't run yet, but it's walking," he said.
The president told the Hispanic group he is committed to an immigration overhaul, even though it has stalled in Congress. He blamed GOP opposition and said Hispanic voters should keep that in mind.
"You have every right to keep the heat on me and keep the heat on the Democrats," he said. "But don't forget who is standing with you, and who is standing against you. ... Your voice can make the difference."
As to the charges facing Waters and Rangel, Obama has mostly sought to keep his distance.
Rangel, a 40-year House veteran, won renomination Tuesday in a crowded Democratic field in his Harlem district in New York City. Facing 13 ethics counts, Rangel has vigorously fought the charges, shrugging off pleas from fellow Democrats � including Obama � to consider stepping aside.
When Obama told an interviewer he hoped Rangel could "end his career with dignity," the lawmaker snapped that the president hasn't been around "long enough to determine what my dignity is."
___
Online:
Congressional Black Caucus: http://www.cbcfinc.org/home.html

I've said before...Obama ain't gonna step down voluntarily come his time to go. This is just more evidence.

g
it could get nasty
"They" are all against us, vote my way or be doomed!

Sounds like really desperate thrashing, which makes me smile.
LOL all rhetoric no substance for the thinking man.

For the Rangel BS Obama could end his career with dignity if he would just get out of the way of progress. But the blame game fits him so well.

This is the guy that told us his great leadership would unify America.

[Linked Image]
Yes he is.

Yep.
The oreobama... bringing it all together for a better future and a better America. What a disgusting display.

Our little dingleBarry. He's still campaigning. (yawn)

Has there ever been a bigger nothing? A bigger great big zero?

I don't think so.

It was often said during his presidential run he was an empty suit.
Wow, what an understatement.
And the whole world is watching.
How pathetic is that?

Rioting is standard practice among Muslims as a means to get their way.
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

For the Rangel BS Obama could end his career with dignity if he would just get out of the way of progress. But the blame game fits him so well.

[Linked Image]

17ackleebee, it's been over a year since you put that mofo avatar up, and your avatar is still so [bleep] annoying I don't read a single thing your chit-head brain might generate. Hope that makes you feel good.

Have a nice day.
classic......Obama has become an irrelevance, to whom noone listens any more.

the fact that he chose as his audience the gang of felons comically known as the Black Congressional Caucus makes the "speech" doubly amusing

haven't seen the video, but you can bet he acquired a Negro accent and used lots of street lingo for the occasion

17ackleebee, it's been over a year since you put that mofo avatar up, and your avatar is still so [bleep] annoying I don't read a single thing your chit-head brain might generate. Hope that makes you feel good.

Have a nice day. [/quote]
What he said in spades
+1
What I read into that is Obama realizes he's lost the majority of even the people that voted for him. He's now playing the race card. It's the only thing he has left.

I see it as desperate act from a man that realizes he's in the proverbial schitter in the public's opinion. It's a far different tact that what he's used past. I don't watch his speeches but I've never seen or heard so much blatant race rhetoric from him in the past.
100% RACIST! Just imagine if a white person talked that way to an all white crowd.....
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
classic......Obama has become an irrelevance, to whom noone listens any more.

the fact that he chose as his audience the gang of felons comically known as the Black Congressional Caucus makes the "speech" doubly amusing

haven't seen the video, but you can bet he acquired a Negro accent and used lots of street lingo for the occasion

Agreed in the first part. Wouldn't take the bet in the second part, but expect you're right.
Originally Posted by DocRocket

[Linked Image]

17ackleebee, it's been over a year since you put that mofo avatar up, and your avatar is still so [bleep] annoying I don't read a single thing your chit-head brain might generate. Have a nice day.

Well I'm glad to hear that but apparently you lie as well.

[Linked Image]

17ackleebee, it's been over a year since you put that mofo avatar up, and your avatar is still so [bleep] annoying I don't read a single thing your chit-head brain might generate. Have a nice day.

Well, now! After several polite PM requests that you remove your MOFO-annoying avatar, you acknowledge the fact that you enjoy annoying your fellow Campfire members!

What a sweet lad you must be!

I reiterate: it's been over a year since you put that mofo avatar up, and your avatar is still so [bleep] annoying I don't read a single thing your chit-head brain might generate. Hope that makes you feel good.

Have a nice day.

[Linked Image]

Well, now! After several polite PM requests that you remove your MOFO-annoying avatar, you acknowledge the fact that you enjoy annoying your fellow Campfire members!

I reiterate: it's been over a year since you put that mofo avatar up, and your avatar is still so [bleep] annoying I don't read a single thing your chit-head brain might generate. Hope that makes you feel good.

Have a nice day.

I didn't say that. But a clue a contolling little piece of crap like you won't win this game bish.
[quote=17ACKLEYBEE]

Have a nice day.

I didn't say that. But a clue a contolling like piece of crap like you won't win this game bish.

This isn't a game, "bish"! This is an internet forum where reasonable (mostly) people exchange ideas and opinions about hunting and shooting, and here on the Hunter's Campfire, about politics. It's not a competition. No one wins or loses. It's the internet, dude.

I'm intrigued by the fact that after over a year of imposing your annoying avatar on this Campfire, and multiple requests by Campfire members asking you to take it down (not me alone, as you well know), you decide to defend your obnoxious behavior now. And in doing so, you accuse me of being a "controlling piece of crap"... so how, exactly, am I being "controlling", ackley? Is a polite request that you not annoy others "controlling" in your mind? Do you equate me with your mother? Is your mother still alive, son?

I wonder what drives your antisocial behavior, ackley. Because it is antisocial behavior, and you know it. Come out, come out, wherever you are, ackley!

I also find it intriguing that you chose "ackley" as the root name for your handle. I recall the bumbling, ineffectual, acne-faced character from Catcher in the Rye.

Hmmm. Such an interesting case study you represent, ackley.
Doc.....I use Firefox and block that annoying POS avatar in case if pops up in a thread I am reading. The fact that he continues to use it shows what he thinks of other people and to be annoying or it may just be an attention getter like JeffObama's annoying posts.

17Ackleybee...I know DocRocket and consider him a very good friend. One who I have shared a few hunts with and a campfire several times. You should only be so lucky as to meet him. Grow up.
EH76... I use firefox as well at home, but at work am stuck with IE, which doesn't have the option.

Point being, this guy has finally admitted after over a year of polite entreaties from Campfire members, that he enjoys pizzin' us off, just because. Like I said, I perceive antisocial personality disorder behaviors here on ackley's part, and we shall see what transpires.
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
Doc.....I use Firefox and block that annoying POS avatar in case if pops up in a thread I am reading. The fact that he continues to use it shows what he thinks of other people and to be annoying or it may just be an attention getter like JeffObama's annoying posts.

The Adblock Plus function on Firefox is priceless for getting rid of annoying avatars...
Pete, I appreciate your suggestions, but that's rather not the point... I am beginning to wonder, on the basis of his antisocial behaviors, if our ackleybee doesn't have bodies buried in his basement.

And I'm not joking.
Doc, I put up with ackley's avatar for just a short while, then blocked all the avatars just so i wouldn't have to have his [bleep] annoying one blinking on my screen. I also put him on ignore, the one and only person on here. With his clear lack of respect I figured he has nothing to contribute. Hearing that others have asked him to change it and then the above response confirms it.
The jug eared kenyan has alienated so many of those that voted for him that he is now trying any ridiculous, desperate tactic to slow the bleeding. He may get a few idiots on his side to try something stupid, but it will amount to a fart in a hurricane. Look for Hitlery to make a move in the first half of next year. She is smelling the kenyan's blood in the water.

More real damage is actually being done by the RINOs who are wailing and thrashing about over their scumbag, worthless candidates who are getting bitch slapped in primaries. It's good to see which side so many are on, as it will be valuable info in '12.
+2
Originally Posted by oulufinn
The jug eared kenyan has alienated so many of those that voted for him that he is now trying any ridiculous, desperate tactic to slow the bleeding. He may get a few idiots on his side to try something stupid, but it will amount to a fart in a hurricane. Look for Hitlery to make a move in the first half of next year. She is smelling the kenyan's blood in the water.

More real damage is actually being done by the RINOs who are wailing and thrashing about over their scumbag, worthless candidates who are getting bitch slapped in primaries. It's good to see which side so many are on, as it will be valuable info in '12.

Agreed, and a very solid "+1",....this is an IMPORTANT subject, in the "OP"

I've got certain stuff "blocked", and yet can still chuckle at the Hitler Watermelon feed,....or the "Nazi Banjo", ....

Didn't know that I had some "Special" software.

Actually, I don't think I do.

I'm gonna suggest that the OP has SWEET [bleep] ALL to do with avatars,....and was a kinda' intriguing place to discuss issues of common interest.

It's like the "Border Threads",.....One IDIOT ( you ALL know who I'm talking about ) DE-RAILS the thing, and anybody with common sense goes looking for a more enjoyable venue.

I give a FRA about someone's AVATAR,....Knowing how to block it may be part of that.

Just my U.S. $ 0.02

GTC

Originally Posted by Jim the Plumber

Have a nice day.

What he said in spades[/quote]

+1
Well, the original question was, "Is the POTUS inciting to riot?"
Of course, this may mean a few "what if's" but lets assume that it is his plan. shocked What would be the purpose, if there is one? The 2010 elections are coming up soon and it looks like the Democrats are in for some serious azz kicking. Should there be "spontaneous" race riots in many major cities and some not so major, the only option he would have would be to suspend the elections and declare martial law for an indefinite period of time. This raises the question, "Is he that egotistical that he would do such a thing?" I think so. He would love to be President for life just like Hugo Chavez or Fidel Castro. Imposing martial law could easily be a first step toward that goal.
I'll be the first to agree that this is mere speculation, a possibility but not an impossibility. I certainly hope I'm wrong but????????
Paul B.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Rioting is standard practice among Muslims as a means to get their way.

Agreed- though I don't believe it is going to have the desired effect come November.
"Be careful what you wish for, as you may just get it."
Obama is a racist, evident in his actions, and again in his recent speech. I don't think he'll go quietly. Yes, he is trying to incite riot. Whether though, the folks he is attempting to incite, actually have the gumption to do anything, remains to be seen....they were just in it for the money and the goodies. They didn't expect to have to actually DO something for it. Sounds too much like work.
© 24hourcampfire