Home
Posted By: JohnMoses Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
Those flashing lights probably have half the stadium vomiting.

Like watching those Pokemon cartoons that gave little kids seizures.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
Vagasil
Posted By: SteveG Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
Doesn't resemble music, so far.
Posted By: JohnMoses Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
I didn't think that was for upset stomach.

How does it work?
Posted By: mickey Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
Try the 'Real' Top Gear on the BBCA until the game starts again.
Posted By: husqvarna Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
I went to the kitchen to start the clean up rather than watch the halftime silliness!
Posted By: coltchris Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
You would think in Texas they would have some good old Texas Swing instead of that crap!!!!!!!!
Posted By: arctic338 Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
Muted it and went to the kitchen. What is the problem with possibly showcasing someone with actual talent instead of the abominations they have at half time every year?
Posted By: okok Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
[bleep] they had Rick Springfield singing " Jesse's girl" a couple weeks ago...unreal.
I'll be the outlier and say it was an improvement over recent years. 'Course, was only listening from the kitchen while cold blued some bits, didn't actually see much of it.
Posted By: tzone Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
It wasn't bad. Best it's been in years. The lighted people were kida cool.

Slash swinging the axe and coming up through the stage took the cake though.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
I can't stand rock. I haven't watched a half time show since way before the Janet Jackson fiasco.
Posted By: scopey58 Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
Christina screwed up the national anthem...
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
Originally Posted by coltchris
You would think in Texas they would have some good old Texas Swing instead of that crap!!!!!!!!

Agreed!

Where's George Strait when you need him?
Posted By: RickF Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
Slash was the only good part of the show.

And here's a second vote for George Strait!!
Posted By: 257ROBT Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
I don't like or listen to country music and I will throw in a vote for George Strait!

I didn't care for the half time show, the commercials were pretty bad (except for the Star Wars one), and the pregame show was just awful. I wanted to hear about football, not an Adam Sandler movie or the "music" they had on.

Dale

GO PACK!!!!
Posted By: GeoW Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
Commercials sucked...I can tell I'm not one of the target market..kinda relieved too smile
Posted By: levrluvr Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I can't stand rock. I haven't watched a half time show since way before the Janet Jackson fiasco.

Black Eyed Peas nor Janet Jackson qualify as 'rock'. Strictly pop for the tone-deaf masses.
Posted By: daveyreka Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
I thought the entire half time show sucked big time. It is hard to identify who sucked the most. My vote would be for USHER who should of been singing "Pants On The Ground".

If you have not guessed, I dislike that sumbitch a whole lot and would of been happier if someone would of put a bottle rocket up his back side.

Posted By: RIO7 Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
one black guy with a hub cap on his head a fat blond then out of the dome comes another black guy in white that looks like he has a load in his pants couldnt tell what they were trying to sing. it was a freak show!!!!
Posted By: btb375 Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
Pretty much sucked IMO.
Maybe one of those "warddrobe malfunctions" would have hepled.
Posted By: maddog Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
Well, I know I'm getting old...Fergie is kinda hot, but their music sux....only good part was Slash from G&R. I like rock, but i don't know what you call that schitt.....

maddog
Posted By: viking Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
It SUCKED. Tom Petty was one of the best a few tears ago.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
It was the worst ever. That wasn't music, it was noise. Adding politics to the lyrics was also a low life move.
Posted By: Mako25 Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
As only 'fire members are capable, two gems to describe the "entertainment" have me in stitches:

"one black guy with a hub cap on his head.....",

"urban yodeling".

Absolute treasures!

Posted By: Mako25 Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
one black guy with a hub cap on his head a fat blond then out of the dome comes another black guy in white that looks like he has a load in his pants couldnt tell what they were trying to sing. it was a freak show!!!!

I'm shakin',

That is just hilarious.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
Originally Posted by SteveG
Doesn't resemble music, so far.
Only for gangstas and methheads...

When are they going to book some CLASS for the show instead of that garbage by those idiots..
Posted By: John_G Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
Like I said in another thread, football goes with regular rock and roll or hard-driving country music, not that techno-crap.

Really bad choice.

They trying to increase the gay viewing audience?
Originally Posted by John_G
Like I said in another thread, football goes with regular rock and roll or hard-driving country music, not that techno-crap.

Really bad choice.

They trying to increase the gay viewing audience?
Good question.. I wonder if it worked? laugh
that was the worst performance I ever saw. I couldn't believe they were getting paid to be there
Posted By: levrluvr Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
..and those idiots have six grammy awards. I guess they'd give one to Yoko Ono these days, since there isn't anything that resembles music.
Posted By: RAS2 Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
Originally Posted by levrluvr
..and those idiots have six grammy awards. I guess they'd give one to Yoko Ono these days, since there isn't anything that resembles music.

My cat does better, heck so do I. I could get a grammy. laugh
Originally Posted by RAS2

My cat does better, heck so do I. I could get a grammy. laugh
And I'd be proud to be the presenter...

I like the squalling cat analogy... laugh laugh
Posted By: BlackFrog Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
..and those idiots have six grammy awards.

"Studio magic" is a powerful thing. I've spent enough time in studios to know what amazing things can be done.

The BEP's have such heavily produced studio music that it doesn't translate well to a live setting in my opinion.
Evidenced by what we saw last night....
Posted By: mathman Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
They still got a maxed out AutoTune hooked to Will's mic though.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
Worst one of the many terrible ones... smirk smirk smirk
Posted By: Qtip Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
Halftime show reminded me of why I never tried LSD in the sixties. Wish they would just play the game like a regular season game and do away with all the dumb schitt that they encircle it with. Christine should be keel-hauled for singing the National Anthem like that. What a putz!

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!
Posted By: Junior1942 Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
Two words: It sucked.
Posted By: tbear99 Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
worst i can remember
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
Pretty poor half time show. That's being kind...
Posted By: jryoung Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/07/11
I thought "halftime show" meant get up, hit the head, grab some more food and another couple beers before kickoff. I didn't know people actually watched it. Or is viewership still up because of Janet's wardrobe malfunction a few years back?
I saw maybe 30 seconds of that garbage before switching over to TNT for some forrest gump. Lmao at the posters take about hubcap and load in the pants grin
Posted By: Beargrease Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/08/11
A-rod and Cameron Diaz was better. I bet Kate Hudson, Goldie and Kurt dug that. grin

At halftime I had some business to attend to so gave the remote to The Wife. When I came back the TV was off. When I asked why she said, "Just a bunch of incoherent nigzers jumpin around so I turned it off". Smart woman.
it sucked. i cant believe they call that crap performing now days...
That was the biggest bunch of junk I've ever seen. The blakeyed peas suck.
Posted By: MojoHand Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/08/11
I had a little delay built up on my DVR so I was fast forwarding through it till I saw Slash come on...hit play and got to hear the dulcet tones of 'Sweet Child 'O Mine' only to be ruined by chubs trying to sound like Axel and failing miserably.

The fact that the group has no real talent is evidenced by the visuals needed to distract from the 'sound' (these crapasses never would've made it pre-video era). From the reject KISS uniforms to the dancing glow sticks it was a prime example of the mainstream music industry today--all show for no go (how ironic that the first video played on MTV was "Video Killed The Radio Star). Wish they would've brought the Boss back this year. His was the last show I could tolerate.

Better yet, Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band are going on tour again this year--would have been a great way to kick it off. And Seger and the boys actually have ability.

I weep that poor SRV was taken from us way too early--now HE would have been the man to play at Texas in the S.B.
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Better yet, Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band are going on tour again this year--would have been a great way to kick it off. And Seger and the boys actually have ability.

I weep that poor SRV was taken from us way too early--now HE would have been the man to play at Texas in the S.B.

i would have rocked my ass off to these two... i love em both.
Posted By: okok Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/08/11
They should have gone local with ZZTOP!
Originally Posted by okok

i saw ZZ Top perform a while back on TV, and sadly, they have lost their ability to perform well.
Posted By: okok Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/08/11
Too bad, I saw them @ the Tacoma dome during the "Legs" tour way back when, short concert but good.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/08/11
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84
Originally Posted by okok

i saw ZZ Top perform a while back on TV, and sadly, they have lost their ability to perform well.
I love ZZ Top.. I've been to probably 6-7 of their concerts.. But I have to agree with ya.

I wonder if they're just getting tired??? I think the ability's there, but the heart just isn't in it..
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Dude, that was NOT rock.

Made me sick.

Are they really a band? i think I've heard of them but seriously? they make money doing that?

What was with the chick? She just seemed to be screaming random words... Horrible singing voice, but maybe that wasn't the goal? I seriously didn't care for it.

Epic fail.

Posted By: BlackFrog Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/08/11
Originally Posted by Redneck
I love ZZ Top.. I've been to probably 6-7 of their concerts.. But I have to agree with ya.

I wonder if they're just getting tired??? I think the ability's there, but the heart just isn't in it..

I just saw them this past July when they opened for Tom Petty. I'm a big fan of their music, but the performance seemed very tired.

Petty, on the other hand, NEVER fails to amaze me at his shows. Some of the best concerts I've been to.
Posted By: grouseman Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/08/11
It would have been more entertaining to watch those dogs that run after the flag on the rope . . .
Posted By: doubletap Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/08/11
Hieroglyphics set to a beat.
Posted By: John_G Re: Superbowl Halftime show - 02/09/11
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Worst one of the many terrible ones... smirk smirk smirk

... except for Tom Petty.
© 24hourcampfire