Home
Posted By: ltppowell Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
Mine ain't much to look at, but it's FISH KILLING MACHINE!

15' Borel River Rat w/50hp Tohatsu.

Gone fishin'!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Savage_99 Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
[Linked Image]

C&C 35
Cruise and live aboard. Have sailed from the Chesapeake to Nantucket and NYC etc. Moorings in CT, Fishers Island, NY and Block Island, RI.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
Hasn't seen much use in the last couple years, that's something needing some attention this spring.

2002 Tracker Deep V-17, 50HP... unfortunately, only pic I can find at the moment is this closeup. Got a couple of good ones at home that I'll post.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rost495 Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
[Linked Image]

16x8 Ronnies hull, 454 about to be swapped for a full roller 496 at 615 hp.
Posted By: Old_Writer Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
I don't got to show you no stinkin'.... boats? I thought you said badges... damn! Gotta get these glasses fixed...
[Linked Image] First airboat.. 15x7 with 500 Caddy direct drive...
Posted By: lhonda Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
Originally Posted by rost495
[Linked Image]

That is one awesome machine. I know zero about them, but with that kind of power, would think you could run over just about anything, in some of the thickest swamps and thickest watery vegetation that gives misery to us prop guys. Just run over it! One of those could have saved me probably hundreds of cumulative hours of righting entangled/fouled props, but as my runs are almost always less than a mile, can't see it being practical. But then WTF's that got ta do with it? wink

Neat thread.
[Linked Image]16 foot Alumacraft, 25 4 stroke Yammy that has never run right since I got a tank of ETHANOL.... have to clean the carb morning and night... to fish morning and night... tunnel hull and runs pretty shallow...
[Linked Image] 21 Hydrasport bought for 1000 bucks and redone... needs a few more things done on it to be totally trustworthy but it doesn't see water often now that I have an airboat...
2008 Ranger 519VX, with Evinrude 200 Etec HO, Minn-Kota 101 TM This last 519VX ever made. They switched models after mine was completed.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by lhonda
[Linked Image]

That is one awesome machine. I know zero about them, but with that kind of power, would think you could run over just about anything, in some of the thickest swamps and thickest watery vegetation that gives misery to us prop guys. Just run over it! One of those could have saved me probably hundreds of cumulative hours of righting entangled/fouled props, but as my runs are almost always less than a mile, can't see it being practical. But then WTF's that got ta do with it? wink

Neat thread.

Oh if its got anything wet to it, nothing can stop it. But green grass will, sticky mud can. Sand either wet or dry can stop any airboat if you are out of the water and sometimes if its only an inch or two of water it can get interesting on hard pack sand. The way it is though, with dry grass in the winter I can come out of the creek, run up about a 10 foot tall levee, spin it around on top and park it dry. I"ve not driven miles of dry, but I've driven probably half a mile dry down at the coast on the grass and buckbrush just to see how it runs... problem is if you do get it stuck.... took us 1.5 hours to dig it out of mud one morning last september.. and was very lucky that it broke free. And they will submarine on you... no level floatation etc..... thats why the first one mentioned... the 500, will be rebuilt to freshen the motor and sold... its sides and transom are too shallow and I got my Captain Nemo badge with it when the motor hesitated in a hard turn.....

Deep water is NOT your friend in one... but 6 inches to 1 inch is a blast....
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
I may have a gravy boat around here somewhere.
Posted By: DeerTracker Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
Here is mine. She's not pretty but works for what I need it for. Scoots along pretty good but scary as hell to be in if wind gets over 15mph. Doesnt do well in waves. 17ft Alweld with a 40hp Mercury
[Linked Image]
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
Old boat no longer have it...saying is true 2 happiest days of boat ownership...day I bought it and day i sold it
[Linked Image]
a pic of the front of it.1975 18' crestliner voyager,with a 1988 evinrude 25hp longshaft.camo painted,of course.
perfect for a bunch of kids fishing with worms

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bender Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
But it's a Starcraft! My family used to sell them, and I have a real soft spot for them. Sadly, I do not have a boat.
Posted By: Bighorn Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
[Linked Image]
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
Originally Posted by bender
But it's a Starcraft! My family used to sell them, and I have a real soft spot for them. Sadly, I do not have a boat.
I don't a month after I bought it brand new whole thing had to be re-rivited cause they were leaking
Posted By: W7ACT Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
Don't have a photo but mine is a 12' DuroBoat with a 15 horse Johnson outboard.
Posted By: JD338 Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
My boat....................................ancor

Sundowner slant load and 2 arabian horses!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
JD338
Posted By: Otter Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Old boat no longer have it...saying is true 2 happiest days of boat ownership...day I bought it and day i sold it.

True statement . . .

Still have this one . . . '76 18' Mark Twain bow rider, I/O inline 6 and 165 hp Mercruiser. All original except the battery.

Anyone wanna buy it? . . . Seriously . . .

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Glacier_John Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
This is the boat that got me started on boats. She's a 90' Alden Schooner that I crewed on in my summers 1965 and 66. The Salee was built in Boothbay Maine in 1927.
[Linked Image]

Then I owned Kahili from 1976 to 1993. She is a Lapworth designed 1971 Cal 33, hull #3. I sailed her down the west coast of Baja, into the Sea of Cortez then mainland Mexico 76-spring 77, then across to Hawaii from Mazatlan. I ran her as a charter boat on week long interislan cruises from 77 to 81, then took a year off to sail her down to Tahiti and all around the Society Islands and Tuamotos, then day chartered her from 82 till I sold her in 93.

Here she is in her home slip in Manele Bay, Lanai, Hawaii...
[Linked Image]

This is the Devlin designs "Cackler" duck boat I built from Devlin's plans, Okume plywood, fiberglass and epoxy resin...
[Linked Image]

I also have a Slide-Rite driftboat and 18' Kevlar Winona Canoe.

Here's the Slide-Rite...
[Linked Image]

I love boats!

john
Posted By: Steve_NO Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
The only one Katrina didn't get was my 21 foot Wahoo, and I sold that last year. I am boat free except for a couple of pirogues. And couldn't be happier.

because I still have lots of friends with boats wink
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
My Daughter & I, she's a big reader! I always wanted some sort of center console sport/fishing boat. Being thrifty I bought a $39 16' trihull/trailer Ebay doner hull. Replaced transome, stringer, deck wood. Also enhanced gunnels and other structural areas w/wood and fiberglass. Built center console and helm seat, etc, impregnated all wood with CPES and thinned epoxy. Added a Merc. 50 and away I went. I have an Auto Pilot Minnkota bow mount that goes on this spring.
I call her "The Lauren James" after my kids. But she is also known as the "Skanky Beast".

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1minute Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

1976 Lavro, but still floating.
I dont have a picture of my boat! cry
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Old boat no longer have it...saying is true 2 happiest days of boat ownership...day I bought it and day i sold it

I never understood that old saying. Yeah, boats are work, they require a lot of maintenance to keep them in shape, but I loved every minute I spent aboard any of my boats. If I won the lottery I would track down, buy and restore both the Kahili and Salee, just because... I practically cried the day I sold Kahili after moving to Montana the year before and realized I couldn't take care of her long distance.

John
How bout a fish caught out of my boat? [Linked Image]
Originally Posted by 1minute
[Linked Image]

1minute, what kind of driftboat is that? Beautiful setting! Looks like Idaho.

John
Posted By: DeerTracker Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
Glacier John, was that pic with the swan taken at Freezeout?
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
I almost bought a bigtime boat last year, a 40' Fountain.....I chickened out and am glad I did though one day I will own one but figured it would be wiser to build a nicer house first.

I own 2 boats and they are both paid off. grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Bristoe Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
18' Crownline bowrider that i owned for a few years,..220 Mercruiser.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pugs Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
A couple of plastic 12 foot recreational kayaks is all anymore.

Sold the San Juan 24' sailboat when I left Washington State and have no desire to own a boat I don't put on a trailer or put on the truck again!
Originally Posted by DeerTracker

Yep, good eye. I see you live in Choteau. I would love to have a place over there. What a great town and part of Montana. We stay in the Big Sky Motel when we hunt Freeze out once or twice a year.

John
Posted By: 1minute Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
Descutes in north central Oregon. Great trout and summer steenhead fishery.
Descutes in north central Oregon. Great trout and summer steenhead fishery.

The first really big trout I caught in my life was on the Deschutes back in summer of 69. It was a really fat 24" rainbow on a streamer and 7wt Silaflex fiberglass flyrod. Come to think of it, that fish could still be my personal record trout.
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
[Linked Image]

Figured you would put that up. Too cool.
Posted By: JohnMoses Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
[Linked Image]
Posted By: RandyR Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
[Linked Image]
Was wondering when you were gonna put that up.
Posted By: lhonda Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/11/11
[Linked Image]

Neat thread.

Oh if its got anything wet to it, nothing can stop it. But green grass will, sticky mud can. Sand either wet or dry can stop any airboat if you are out of the water and sometimes if its only an inch or two of water it can get interesting on hard pack sand. The way it is though, with dry grass in the winter I can come out of the creek, run up about a 10 foot tall levee, spin it around on top and park it dry. I"ve not driven miles of dry, but I've driven probably half a mile dry down at the coast on the grass and buckbrush just to see how it runs... problem is if you do get it stuck.... took us 1.5 hours to dig it out of mud one morning last september.. and was very lucky that it broke free. And they will submarine on you... no level floatation etc..... thats why the first one mentioned... the 500, will be rebuilt to freshen the motor and sold... its sides and transom are too shallow and I got my Captain Nemo badge with it when the motor hesitated in a hard turn.....

Thanks for the explanation. Someday I just gotta' spend an afternoon on one of those rigs. I could see it pitchpoling if the nose got buried and you were still on the hammer. Something to remember if I ever end up behind the 'wheel' on one. Thanks for taking the time.

I now own 2 little runaround duck rigs, with one rigged to fish stripers/other. Just sold off my other little camoed Starcraft. Couldn't really justify owning 3 little boats that basically do the same thing. Though I certainly tried! wink
Posted By: bucktales Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
87 Sea Ox dual console, 20 footer with a 150 Optimax.
Gets me where I want to go in the Sound of L.I.
Stays in the water from early May till Nov. most years.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: lhonda Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
Originally Posted by Bristoe

[Linked Image]

Holy chit I believe I almost see a grin under that facial fur. wink
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
This is mine the day she was brand new...no trolling motor on her at the time but she now has a 74lb MinKota on the front.

17-52 Blaser Sport with a 60/40 pump!!!!!!!

Smallmouth and Current River!!!!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RAS2 Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
Nice bait, now where's the fish? grin

Looks like ya had a good day there.
Posted By: levrluvr Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
Sold this recently when my back could no longer handle the punishment of running offshore with my hair on fire. Hopefully we can get a replacement for it if I can get the disc issues fixed, otherwise we have a smaller Stingray pleasure boat here and up north and quite a few fishing boats and jetskis. I still have my hobby of repairing and dealing in old Evinrudes and Johnsons (50's-late 70's) Being on the water is my obsession.

I guess you have to slow down sometime. This thing sure was fun, although I really should have bought a float plane; it would be quite a bit more useful.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
Don't have it any longer, but it was a fun beast on the CA Delta, chasing bass & salmon

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11

[Linked Image]

Holy chit I believe I almost see a grin under that facial fur. wink

That's a grimace.
Posted By: RAS2 Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
You look tense. You need to relax some dude.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
Originally Posted by RAS2
You look tense. You need to relax some dude.

You're right,..I'll eat an Ativan.
Posted By: Beargrease Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
I currently own a Cobalt 200 powered by a 5.7 Volvo Penta Dual Prop and a Lund Explorer Dlx 1600 single console with an old Mercury Classic 50 straight 4. That Merc will troll right down but I still have a bow mount Minnkota trolling motor on it. It's set up to handle gravel launches and submerged rocks and stumps in Northern Minnesota. I also bought that motor because it does not have power tilt built in. I put an aftermarket power tilt on the transom that provides set back and allows the motor to "kick up" when it hits a rock or stump instead of shearing off the lower unit. Also have a 17' Kevlar/Fiberglass Sawyer canoe.

Cobalt 200
Posted By: SSB Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
1986 Sea Ray Amberjack. Had her since new....accounted for 12,000 hours of pleasure and thousands of fish. Some of the best times of my life!

[Linked Image]

Parked at the dock behind me....the end of a long day...

[Linked Image]

Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
This is NOT my boat but is darn close to my old Susquehanna river runner aka "Riff-raft"

16 foot flat bottom V-drive, 427 BBC on the bottle. BTW, dry headers are really loud when they're right behind your head.

Ran 100+ on water with a little chop but a rowboat could pass it in rough water.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BGunn Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
Starcraft 196, 150hp main, 9.9 Pro Kicker,
just now installing Minn Kota Terrova80 W/i-Pilot, sonar and autopilot.

Perch and Walleye catchin' machine...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My wife is cookin' up some perch right now....

Waiting for spring is killing me !!
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
oops that was supposed to be a PM
I did not have a lot of budget to go toward a boat, and I don't have a lot of budget for fuel, so this little 16 foot Lund with an eighteen horse Merc suits us perfectly. She will run for several days on the eighteen gallon tank I put in her. She spent five days fishing and the nights tied to that tree, and did not leak a drop of water.

[Linked Image]

The old boat may not be worth a lot, but the memories are priceless!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The happiest day of a boat owner's life........IS the day he watches his grandchild catch his/her first fish!
Posted By: Nebraska Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
Mine's a Bell Northwind.......good stuff!! smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: levrluvr Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
Originally Posted by SSB
1986 Sea Ray Amberjack. Had her since new....accounted for 12,000 hours of pleasure and thousands of fish. Some of the best times of my life!

The AmberJack is one of my favorite SeaRays. I've fished on one several times on a friend's out of Kewaunee. His has the big four cylinders- twin 190 I/O Mercruiser (Ford 460 chopped in half). Incredible fuel economy for a big boat.
Posted By: duck911 Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
Here's the family run-about we bought last year on the 4th of July. It's a small, economical 18 foot 2001 SeaRay:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
[Linked Image]

Not a good pic. This is from a couple of years back. Since then, I've put an electric motor up front, painted the cowl. Worked on the finish considerably and straightened a bent axle. I also put some 15" wheels under it and new tires. It's in the garage out here right now, but stuff tends to get thrown in on the decks. Maybe I'll get a pic tomorrow when it's light out.

'95 Cajun Travis Edition fishnski, about 19' with 175 hp Johnson and Minn Kota trollin' motor.
Posted By: Walker Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
[Linked Image]

I don't have an online photo account, so I borrowed this pic from the interwebz. This is not my boat, but mine is similar. It's a 2004 model 16 ft. Lund "Alaskan". Mine has a Suzuki 40 HP tiller, and a bow-mounted Minn-Kota.
Posted By: tzone Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
Sold this one...

[img:right][Linked Image][/img]

for this one... [img:left][Linked Image][/img]

I'm still not sure why.
[Linked Image]

Yer doin' it wrong. laugh

That's a grimace.

Nah, that ain't a grimace. This is a grimace. Coming back from seaducking in December with sleet slashing your mug in 6 footers will sometimes give one the inspiration for a *real* grimace.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
[Linked Image]

Open water, warm weather, blue skies, I'M TIRED OF THIS WINTER.........
[Linked Image]
I dunno. The Ranger is sweet and the Alumacraft is non-descript (no offense), but in some of that big water y'all fish up north, I believe I'd rather have your current boat. They are both nice though.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
Glacier_:

The first really big trout I caught in my life was on the Deschutes back in summer of 69. It was a really fat 24" rainbow on a streamer and 7wt Silaflex fiberglass flyrod. Come to think of it, that fish could still be my personal record trout.

Sounds more like a steelhead.
Posted By: Brad Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
Originally Posted by Savage_99
[Linked Image]

C&C 35
Cruise and live aboard. Have sailed from the Chesapeake to Nantucket and NYC etc. Moorings in CT, Fishers Island, NY and Block Island, RI.

Ron, a classic in my book... really nice. If I were going solo around the world tomorrow it'd be in something like yours...
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
I dunno. The Ranger is sweet and the Alumacraft is non-descript (no offense), but in some of that big water y'all fish up north, I believe I'd rather have your current boat. They are both nice though.

I'll take the deep v Ranger 10 out of 10 times for big or small water.
Posted By: Brad Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
Originally Posted by Glacier_John
This is the boat that got me started on boats. She's a 90' Alden Schooner that I crewed on in my summers 1965 and 66. The Salee was built in Boothbay Maine in 1927.
[Linked Image]

Nice John. I spent a fair bit of my life on the Maine Coast and our place is just a bit north of where the beauty in your photo hails from... remember seeing many wood planked boats on the Maine Coast in the 70's of my youth... to my eyes there's nothing like a Schooner. It is to sailboats what the Spitfire is to airplanes...
Originally Posted by tedthorn
[Linked Image]

Speakin' of Johnsons...
Originally Posted by Kenneth

Open water, warm weather, blue skies, I'M TIRED OF THIS WINTER.........
[Linked Image]

That's 'Bago ain't it? Favorite lake I've fished yet.

619? 620? 621? Inquiring minds want to know? Next year is the year for a new(er) one. I miss mine bad.
Originally Posted by tzone

Well, why did you get rid of it then? laugh

Well, why did you get rid of it then? laugh

What are you, my wife?
Ranger was the firt boat I ever owned. I was fishing walleye tournaments and needed a big deep boat. When I was done, I wanted something lighter to tow around and not use 60 gallons of gas in a couple days. At the time gas was $4+/gal.

I had my fun in the tin boat for 3-4 years now. Next one will probably be glass.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
Lake Michigan. Racine area. Thats the Wind Point lighthouse in the background.

620 and as much fun as I can stand..Family or fishing with the buds, it dont matter....I love being on the water
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
I'm down to an old 14 foot aluminum rowboat and a canoe. I sold my 17' open bow about 2 weeks after my newborn twins came home from the hospital.
Posted By: DeerTracker Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11

Yep, good eye. I see you live in Choteau. I would love to have a place over there. What a great town and part of Montana. We stay in the Big Sky Motel when we hunt Freeze out once or twice a year.

John

What pond could you actually get a boat into? Only boat I have ever seen out on the ponds was a little mud boat with about a 5hp mudbuddy motor.
Hey now! Just remembered sumptin'! What ever happened to that dude here who posted about the wreck, er, I mean nifty old rig (60s or 70s cabin cruiser) he got cheap (giggles) and said he was going to rehab? You know, the one that many folks, yours truly included, said that he'd be better off converting into kindling and heating his house with? wink

Things that make you go hmm...

I HOPE it went well. I'd not bet the farm on it though!

Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
36' Uniflite Sport Sedan, 40'LOA and 13.5' of beam, twin diesels... Lots of cabin and almost enough deck... Some good times have been had there and literally dozens from here have been there...

One of my favorite photos on the rear deck of the boat...
[Linked Image]

pak standing beside the boat with a decent lingcod.
[Linked Image]

One of my favorite pictures of Riley listening for the grunt...
[Linked Image]

Some big fish have come over the rail.
[Linked Image]

A more recognizable boat in the harbor...
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Walker Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
Hey now! Just remembered sumptin'! What ever happened to that dude here who posted about the wreck, er, I mean nifty old rig (60s or 70s cabin cruiser) he got cheap (giggles) and said he was going to rehab? You know, the one that many folks, yours truly included, said that he'd be better off converting into kindling and heating his house with? wink

When you said "nifty", it brought this one to mind ...

[Linked Image]

(Scott F's boat)
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
36' Uniflite Sport Sedan, 40'LOA and 13.5' of beam, twin diesels... Lots of cabin and almost enough deck... Some good times have been had there and literally dozens from here have been there...

One of my favorite photos on the rear deck of the boat...
[Linked Image]

pak standing beside the boat with a decent lingcod.
[Linked Image]

One of my favorite pictures of Riley listening for the grunt...
[Linked Image]

Some big fish have come over the rail.
[Linked Image]

A more recognizable boat in the harbor...
[Linked Image]

I've gotta' get over to kill some (more) of your fish. They're so damned ugly, most of 'em bottom feeders, hell there oughta' be a bounty on them. Do you AK cats a favor by culling a few thousand of them... wink

Oh, and what, only like a 100' sq dance floor? Slumming, I see... wink

Whaddaya' run for power? Yanmar 500? Very nice rig. If I weren't happily married, I'd own a downeaster. Buck honest to God ten foot rollers on that and never even hiccup.
Originally Posted by Walker

When you said "nifty", it brought this one to mind ...

[Linked Image]

(Scott F's boat)

Oh, snap. I believe that's the one. No offense meant, Scott F. I hear they have some serious, freak electrical storms out there in OR or WA or thereabouts. Be a damned shame to hear it got struck by lightning and burned some stormy eve. Yessiree, a damned shame, what with you excited to do another 8900 hours of restoration work, along with the $18K in hardware!

Sorry man, just funning ya. But seriously, I'm curious. Update?
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
Leighton-my brother bought a big old Chris Craft sitting in a guys yard down in Ohio. It had been sitting for over 10 years and was beyond repair. He ended up salvaging the motors and other drive parts and hardware. It was a big one-something like a 50 footer if I remember right. The darned thing was painted pink. 'Come to find out the thing had been a floating whorehouse down on the Ohio River. The boat had quite a checkered past. It's name was The Pleasure Pallass II. Once can only guess what Pleasure Pallass I had been like!
Oh, but for the stories that pink boat could've told, though, Jeff, eh?
Posted By: Kodiman Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
I sure wish some of you idiots would stop "Quoting" every damn photo! For some of us,(that know how to scroll up and down)and have less than stellar internet connections... ONE photo of the same boat is enough!!!! My poor old computer is smoking....
Posted By: rgrx1276 Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
19' Triton LTS 150HP 4 Stroke Yamaha. Catch a lot of fish on this boat when I'm in Fla or Ga.

[Linked Image]

Use this boat for general goofing off on the rivers and when I need to kill pigs.
13.5 Gheenoe. Had a 6HP Nissan, now has a 15HP Yamaha 2 stroke.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: frogman43 Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
Well, here's my Bay boat I sold last year to pay for the construction of my Pole Barn. It was a 22' Sea King with a 150 Evinrude Etec Salwater outboard.

Had some great times in it down south on the Gulf, and here in the Great Lakes on Saginaw Bay, Lake Michigan, and Lake Erie.

[Linked Image]

Ended up trading for this Lund so that I can at least get on the lakes and rivers to whack Walleye! Life wouldn't be complete without some way to chase those toothy devils!

[Linked Image]

And when I want to get into really skinny water, I take this Malibu Extreme out for a spin. Whether it's chasing Redfish on the oyster bars, or Bluegills on the beds....it's sneaky!
[Linked Image]

I've owned MANY boats over the years, Skeeter, Champions, and even Ranger brands, they all served their purpose at one point. The key to boat ownership is that no ONE boat will do everything you would like, just get one that will do what you like to do the most!

Keith
Posted By: BGunn Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
Originally Posted by frogman43
The key to boat ownership is that no ONE boat will do everything you would like, just get one that will do what you like to do the most!

Keith

VERY true.
I got my Starcraft, and sold my Lund. The Starcraft is MUCH better on Erie with a 19* dead rise vs the Lund with about 12 or 14.
The Starcraft is to big for the smaller lakes I use to fish in this area, but with all the great fishing in Erie, it's working out great...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Azshooter Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
Very enjoyable thread. Like many of you I have boated all over the country seeing the various lakes, rivers and ocean views in the background brings back fond memories.

Here is my 26 yr old bayliner trophy. It has served me well in waters from San Carlos Mexico to Lake Ontario and too many bodies of water in the west to mention. Saw one on Lake Powell in 1982 and had to have one.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A few views of Roosevelt Lake Az
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jeffdwhite Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
[Linked Image]
My Yankee Walleye boat in it's second life as a big reservoir
Crappie rig smile We vertical fish deep water when it's cold,
and troll big spreads of crankbaits w planer boards in the summer.
Posted By: catnthehat Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
Marathon 120 lite jet
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
turns AND stops on a dime!(grin)
[Linked Image]
Ran 'er right onto the beach that year to keep it out of the storm!
[Linked Image]
Cat
Posted By: Auger01 Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
[Linked Image]

78' Glastron. Dad bought it new in 78. Its mine now. The picture is out on Canyon lake last summer.
Posted By: efw Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
Here is mine with two of my favorite boating partners:

[Linked Image]

...and here it is with another classic:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
she ain't much to look at BUT the places she's been and the things she's done.....

she's got some good stories and a lot of pleasant memories for me, course some unpleasant ones too,

don't have an entire shot of her on puter but here's the composite

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

also love this one but she sucks for going upstream!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: KCBighorn Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
[Linked Image]

16ft Clackacraft drifter
Posted By: KCBighorn Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
[Linked Image]

Is that Beavertail?
Posted By: Big_Shtick Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
My little boat

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
To those of you that are happy to be former boat owners, I gotta say, you just had the wrong kind of boat.

I've got the perfect boat for me.

Maintenance - A coat of varnish on the hull every 3 or 4 years.
Motor - Runs on beer, bagels and belly fat.
Trailer - None. Rides in the bed of my truck.
Registration - Not required in NY (under 16')
Storage - Hangs in the garage in the winter.
Utility - It is a combination fish trolling machine, remote water exploration unit, family entertainment center and hunting season physical conditioning device.

When I get rid of it it will be to pass it on to one of my kids.

Adirondack Guideboat, lines for the hull were copied from a boat built by H. Dwight Grant of Boonville, NY in 1905.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: HuntKY Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11
15' Koffler Pram

[Linked Image]

and a Gheenoe

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11

Here is a picture of my boat, 20 foot jet powered by a 350 chevy.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11

Here is a few more pics.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Great fishing boat, pull water skier or just have fun.
Side note this boat is for sale.
Posted By: Ngrumba Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11

[Linked Image]

Barefootin' Machine

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Glacier_John Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/12/11

John

What pond could you actually get a boat into? Only boat I have ever seen out on the ponds was a little mud boat with about a 5hp mudbuddy motor.

We've hunted pond 5 for years with mine or my buddies Devlin's, both have 50 HP Mercs on them, we do have to trim them way up in the shallow water as we get in close to the cattails.
Posted By: Brad Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/13/11
Originally Posted by Southerntier8
To those of you that are happy to be former boat owners, I gotta say, you just had the wrong kind of boat.

Utility - It is a combination fish trolling machine, remote water exploration unit, family entertainment center and hunting season physical conditioning device.

Adirondack Guideboat, lines for the hull were copied from a boat built by H. Dwight Grant of Boonville, NY in 1905.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Absolutely love it...
Posted By: Nebraska Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/13/11

[Linked Image]

Lots of REALLY nice boats here but that one gets my vote for it's "cool" factor.... cool
Posted By: levrluvr Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/13/11
We picked this little jewel up back in '06 from Bart Starr's Rawhide Boys Ranch. Bart and his wife started this charity up in back in 1965 for boys that had wound up on the wrong side of the law. The Ranch teaches them a trade either in construction or auto mechanics. Cars and boats can be donated and are used for training and then sold via auctions.
This boat is used for camping on the Mississippi River. I have more in the trailer I put under it than I do in the boat. I have since bought two more boats and jetskis from the Ranch- I believe it's for a very good cause.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rost495 Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/13/11
[Linked Image]

Neat thread.

Thanks for the explanation. Someday I just gotta' spend an afternoon on one of those rigs. I could see it pitchpoling if the nose got buried and you were still on the hammer. Something to remember if I ever end up behind the 'wheel' on one. Thanks for taking the time.

I now own 2 little runaround duck rigs, with one rigged to fish stripers/other. Just sold off my other little camoed Starcraft. Couldn't really justify owning 3 little boats that basically do the same thing. Though I certainly tried! wink

You'll ride... just gimme a couple more years to get back to normal here and upgrade the boat a bit... and then its pintail city.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/13/11
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Lake Michigan. Racine area. Thats the Wind Point lighthouse in the background.

620 and as much fun as I can stand..Family or fishing with the buds, it dont matter....I love being on the water

My 4th grade teacher here is from Racine... We've visited a number of times and fished out of Racine a few times... always had a good time. Went to taxidermy school in Janesville to many years ago..... small world sometimes.

Jeff
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/13/11
Small world is right.
Posted By: lhonda Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/17/11
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

Great fishing boat, pull water skier or just have fun.
Side note this boat is for sale.

That is a nice little rig!
Posted By: Pete E Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/17/11
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
The only one Katrina didn't get was my 21 foot Wahoo, and I sold that last year. I am boat free except for a couple of pirogues. And couldn't be happier.

Steve,

Any pics of your pirogue's??? I don't have any use for a big boat, but pirogue would be fun sneaking around the back waters of some of the wet lands over here.

If I had the time and facilities, I'd love to build one of these from a kit..
Posted By: 340boy Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/17/11
Originally Posted by Pete E
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

Steve,

Any pics of your pirogue's??? I don't have any use for a big boat, but pirogue would be fun sneaking around the back waters of some of the wet lands over here.

If I had the time and facilities, I'd love to build one of these for a kit..

Geez Pete,
I figured you would have put up a pic of the HMS Hood!
Where's your patriotism, Man?
grin
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/17/11
It happens..................(grin)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pete E Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/17/11
Originally Posted by 340boy

Geez Pete,
grin

The Government saw fit to never let me play in anything bigger than one of these:

[Linked Image]

Good fun, but a little smaller than the Hood! grin
Posted By: 1minute Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/17/11
KCBighorn: That is indeed the Beavertail putin. The whiterwater image is Buckskin Mary on the upper river. Got that boat in 1976, and it's done a lot of river miles.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/17/11
At one point in time I figured I needed a boat, so I built one.

[Linked Image]

For getting to shore, and for the kids to play with

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

occasionally I catch a fish or two

[Linked Image]

Posted By: SamOlson Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/17/11
Cool thread, lots of nice boats and neat pics.

This is all I can offer and it's not even my boat...(grin)
[Linked Image]
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/18/11
Well I'm about to order one of these, which I figure will be good for small lakes, and possibly even the skinny water and bays at the coast.

http://www.northforkoutdoors.com/2011catalog/page15.html
Posted By: 340boy Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/18/11
Originally Posted by 340boy

Geez Pete,
grin

The Government saw fit to never let me play in anything bigger than one of these:

[Linked Image]

Good fun, but a little smaller than the Hood! grin

Ah well, that is a bigger dreadnought than what I had.
wink
Posted By: TomT Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/18/11
Here's Mine:

http://www.albemarleboatowners.com/BoatGalleries/KeepinItRealGallery.html
Posted By: bender Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/18/11
That'll do nicely. Just so you keep it in perspective, as a non - boat owning campfire member, let me say, that's a damn nice boat!
Posted By: TysonT Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/18/11
This is my 1951 Larson (now known as Crestliner) 14' v-bottom, I picked up the boat for $75, got the shore lander trailer for $300, 1984 9.9 Johnson outboard for free, $95 trolling motor, and a few other odds and ends for another couple hundred bucks. The boat is now built to duck hunt and fish small water and rivers. I spent about 2 weeks working on this in my spare time to take it from start to finish.

[Linked Image]
Before

[Linked Image]
Before

[Linked Image]
Midway finished, new gunwales, the original oak ones were dryrotted. New ones are made from composite decking material.

[Linked Image]
Finished interior with the Bluewater LED's installed, and trolling motor mounted.

[Linked Image]
Finished exterior.

Posted By: TomT Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/18/11
Thanks Bender. I drooled over that boat for 20 years before I finally bought one. My wife likes my buddy's Rinker, because it's better suited to beaching, swimming, sunning, etc. I'm a hardcore fisherman, so I'm usually coming back through the Inlet before most pleasure boaters are awake.

When I'm happiest:

[Linked Image]

OK, my treestand on the opening day of bow season is a close second :-).
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/18/11
Finally found some pics..

Tracker Pro Deep V 17, 50HP..

[Linked Image]

Fishing with my older brother out at McConaughy.

[Linked Image]

One of my boys on the tube.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: War_Eagle Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/18/11

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Cool, I always like those old ceder strip canoes and boats. That is fine.

Let me see if I can dig out a few of my project rig.
I bought this one off Craigslist for $400. It was a heap with a $hitty trailer but it fit the criteria I was looking for. 21' boat, higher sides for the kiddy and lots of room to move about. It was a project though. These are all from last year and the boat has seen lots of use already. I just don't have any pictures on this computer to show its further stages of completion.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here are some holes that the previous owners decided to cut in so they could install a mid-ship transducer.
[Linked Image]

And the patch...
[Linked Image]

My helper--a fiberglassing fool!
[Linked Image]

Patching complete and the first coat of paint.
[Linked Image]

I had to do a little trailer work so I got to see what she looked like sitting in the water.
[img]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m77/Poseidons_Rook/007.jpg[/img]

Non-skid going in.
[img]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m77/Poseidons_Rook/008.jpg[/img]

Initial motor being mounted. Hopefully when funds permit, I will be able to put a slightly new motor than a 1988 on here.
[img]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m77/Poseidons_Rook/009.jpg[/img]

All in total, the hull, fiberglass, epoxy, wiring, hardware, new trailer and used motor--I have a little less than $4000 in it.
Originally Posted by TomT
When I'm happiest:

[Linked Image]

OK, my treestand on the opening day of bow season is a close second :-).

My sentiments EXACTLY!
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/18/11
All very nice projects.
Posted By: tzone Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/18/11
Fantastic work!
Posted By: BW Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/19/11
Originally Posted by Big Stick

If you're gonna play in the tidewater, it will, someday...

[Linked Image]

Not stuck...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pete E Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/19/11
Brian,

What is that boat? Seen pictures you've posted before and its always struck me as a no frills "workhorse" for hunting..

Do you only use it for river or coastal work, or is it quite "sea worthy"?

Regards,

Peter

Posted By: Santiam Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/19/11
Northwest steelhead river and a driftboat..It don't get better than that..

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BW Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/19/11
Brian,

What is that boat? Seen pictures you've posted before and its always struck me as a no frills "workhorse" for hunting..

Regards,

Peter

It was made locally. We have several aluminum boat builders in town. It's only 22ft, with a 7ft beam. I'd like a bigger one, that's for sure.

We run it in what you could call coastal waters. It's certainly not an open ocean boat. Although it handles chop and reasonable seas fairly well. You can see in this picture that there is a bit of vee in the hull...

[Linked Image]

...but not enough to punch through steep waves at speed. Stuff the bow, and things would get ugly quick. wink

But it excels at hunting around these parts, with the drop bow design and the outboard which can tilt up nearly level with the bottom of the hull for getting to the beach. The pot puller is hydraulic, run off a pump on a Honda 8hp engine. That set up is strong, but bulky and loud. I've been threatening to go with an electric puller for years.

Several folks here have hunted off it with me, and thank goodness they are used to Alaska weather, as the cabin is a bit small for more than 3 guys.
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/19/11
I like it Brian, very utilitarian.
Posted By: fish head Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/19/11
Here's the boat I had while I lived in Alaska. Out of all the possesions I've owned in my life I had more fun with my little boat than anything else. I motored thousands of miles with it all over South Central Alaska in the salt and in fresh water.

I miss it. cry

[Linked Image]

Caught a "few" fish with it too. This is one my most favorite photos. It was taken at almost exactly midnight after an evening fishing trip out of Anchor Point.

[Linked Image]
I could eat them forever.
Posted By: JohnMoses Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/19/11

Originally Posted by Tom264
I could eat them forever.

That's what you told these two beauties.

Nice truck by the way...

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by BW
Brian,

Regards,

Peter

It was made locally. We have several aluminum boat builders in town. It's only 22ft, with a 7ft beam. I'd like a bigger one, that's for sure.

We run it in what you could call coastal waters. It's certainly not an open ocean boat. Although it handles chop and reasonable seas fairly well. You can see in this picture that there is a bit of vee in the hull...

[Linked Image]

...but not enough to punch through steep waves at speed. Stuff the bow, and things would get ugly quick. wink

But it excels at hunting around these parts, with the drop bow design and the outboard which can tilt up nearly level with the bottom of the hull for getting to the beach. The pot puller is hydraulic, run off a pump on a Honda 8hp engine. That set up is strong, but bulky and loud. I've been threatening to go with an electric puller for years.

Several folks here have hunted off it with me, and thank goodness they are used to Alaska weather, as the cabin is a bit small for more than 3 guys.

That would be sweet for getting my wheel chair bound Dad out on the lake again.
John your wife and daughter look a little on the "heavy" side.

Shoulda got a 1 ton..... sick
Nice try Casanova.

How did you get them past the weight scales?
You tell me.....you and your family photos.........
Posted By: Pete E Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/19/11
Brian,

Thanks for the pics, very interesting.

I have seen similar up in Scotland on some of the lochs and they always reminded me of mini landing craft!

The one I saw was owned by an Estate and it was used to carry an argo (for stalking) up the main loch as there was no road access.

I'm not sure if the hull was the same, but a similar boat for a similar niche I guess...

Regards,

Peter
P.S. My wife said thanks. LOL.

Pulled up a pic of you to show her and she said with a cane and a couple of bolts, you'd be a shoe in for Young Frankenstein.

grin

I don't think you wanna start with family jokes Tom...You'll lose....as always.

"Putin' On the Riiiiitz!"

Lol, what pic of me did you show her?
I'm messing with you. You think I'd let my wife on here?

She'd beat my azz for constantly fooling with people.
Lol, OK

Posted By: 7 STW Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/19/11
Good Morning ladies... laugh
Posted By: boatboy Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/19/11
Originally Posted by SSB

[Linked Image]

Parked at the dock behind me....the end of a long day...

No Question King of the Bobs
(Its a Quanticassee thing)

Even I have been fortunate enough to reel a few fish with SSB
WARNING never throw a legal but small fish back if the Troll is on board! Trust me I know

Hank

[Linked Image]

Posted By: boatboy Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/19/11

WARNING never throw a legal but small fish back if the Troll is on board! Trust me I know

Hank
Originally Posted by 7 STW
Good Morning ladies... laugh
Good morning.
Here's a good on topic picture.

[Linked Image]
My apologies for screwing up a good thread.

Here is my son's Duck Boat we put together for him last year to keep him and his buddies out of mine.

Built the trailer, blind frame and all. It was a fun project and I got to spend all summer with him working on it.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: SSB Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/19/11
Originally Posted by boatboy

Hank

Only when she's on a schedule...or really needs a Drink...lol

Hank, you have a fleet of boats....all post worthy! You must have some pics.....

Originally Posted by JohnMoses
My apologies for screwing up a good thread.

Here is my son's Duck Boat we put together for him last year to keep him and his buddies out of mine.

Built the trailer, blind frame and all. It was a fun project and I got to spend all summer with him working on it.

[Linked Image]

That's an OK boat - I guess - sort of.

This one's a lot mo better.

[Linked Image]

Sorry for the hijack. blush I can't help myself sometimes. grin
She could sit on a log and make it a good boat.
Posted By: passport Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/19/11
Here is my last rig, needed to sell it when the economy fell apart........

2000, 38 ft Powerquest Avenger, twin 502 mags worked over to 510 HP, Bravo one drives worked over to handle the HP, hull was blueprinted, props were lapped, custom dash and paint. Most fun I ever had......

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e140/passport3006/Picture011.jpg[/img]

Posted By: m_stevenson Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/19/11
Here's the drift boat I made;

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It was a great boat, unfortunately my shoulders couldn't take the wear and tear added to a life time of abuse and it went down the road.
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/19/11
Originally Posted by Big Stick

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Hey Big Stick, looks like we have something in common:) Nice boat by the way those older Duckworths are nice, here is a picture of mine with my dad. This is the only boat picture I have!!

Attached picture IMG_0368.JPG
Posted By: DeerTracker Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/19/11
Here is a few more pics of what we do with my boat. These were all taken during my church's annual Father/Son campout. We take boats 6 miles up Gibson Res. with all of our junk and about 40 guys and camp for the weekend. Do alot of fishing. Every year Ive gone up, the lowest # of fish Ive caught was 130 in two days and the highest number was 180!
Made it all the way up to the rock you can see in the water on the left side.
[Linked Image]
A little boy I took fishing when his dad didnt want to go
[Linked Image]
My brother
[Linked Image]
Brady with another fish
[Linked Image]
Me and Brady
[Linked Image]
Hayden again
[Linked Image]
Hauling a load of stuff back to the boat launch
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b231/cole_smith/DSCN4238.jpg[/img]
Trip back up the lake empty to pick up more stuff to bring back to the boat launch
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b231/cole_smith/DSCN4244.jpg[/img]
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/19/11
13' 3" Old Town, 60lb thrust marine spec Minn-kota.

It ain't much, but it does float.

One time when me, my wife and three dogs were dinking around on lake McQueeney in this thing amid all them high dollar rigs on that crowded postage stamp of a lake, a homeowner who's deck we glided silently on by at all of 2 mph likened us to the African Queen grin

[Linked Image]

Birdwatcher
Posted By: FreeMe Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/19/11
My river boat...

[Linked Image]

My lake boat...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: boatboy Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/20/11
Yeah As SSB says I kinda like boats really the best thing about a boat is it not selfish you share with others.Some other toys you have to leave them home or be by yourself a boat lets all go. I like to fish by myself but I really like to fish and boat with friends. The the best is sharing you boat with a kid or kids

[Linked Image]

Sam and Drewey a few years ago

[Linked Image]

Sunset on Saginaw Bay pullin Spencer

[Linked Image]

Who is that fat guy driving my 18ft center console?

[Linked Image]

The Samurai probably after a hard day at work on the Saginaw Bay

[Linked Image]

Some of the chicks hangin on the Samurai

[Linked Image]

Finally the Lovley Miss Peggy enjoying her day on the Samurai
(cold and Sea Sick quite the trooper)

[img]http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af245/boatboy18/campfishtalesboat.jpg[/img]

Maybe the most important boat looks like an old pontoon but it has a special purpose.Camp Fish Tales in Pinnconning MI is a outdoor camp that is for those who dont get what we take for granted. A camp fire a walk (Roll) in the woods a boat ride. The camp is for physically and mentally challanged people of all ages who come for a stay to help them enjoy the outdoors and many times give their care givers a break also. I am on the board of directors and Myself and my friend Greg Stryker and the crew at Strykers Lakeside Marine got this boat together because of the constant fund raising effort by Bubba Phillips of Bubbas Tri City cycle. Seriously you wouldnt believe the funds he raises for the camp!
We are very proud we have to turn down very few (because of medical needs) we have medical capabilitys to take most campers!

Up coming for the summer of 2011 the CW craft.More news soon!
Hank
Posted By: sse Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/21/11
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: AK_Raven Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/22/11
Sleeps two and it's bear-free and bug-free if you're far enough from shore. The whole rig breaks down and fits in the bottoms of the two canoes.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/22/11
a work in progress
[Linked Image]

and my buddys boat that never goes out without me.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: sse Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/22/11
Located on Round Lake, near Charlevoix, Michigan.

This guy has everybody beat.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/22/11
I didn't mention these four...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: LSU fan Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/22/11
Originally Posted by levrluvr
Sold this recently when my back could no longer handle the punishment of running offshore with my hair on fire. Hopefully we can get a replacement for it if I can get the disc issues fixed, otherwise we have a smaller Stingray pleasure boat here and up north and quite a few fishing boats and jetskis. I still have my hobby of repairing and dealing in old Evinrudes and Johnsons (50's-late 70's) Being on the water is my obsession.

I guess you have to slow down sometime. This thing sure was fun, although I really should have bought a float plane; it would be quite a bit more useful.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice AT. What power did it have?
Posted By: War_Eagle Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/22/11
Originally Posted by AK_Raven
Sleeps two and it's bear-free and bug-free if you're far enough from shore. The whole rig breaks down and fits in the bottoms of the two canoes.

[Linked Image]

I like it! laugh
Posted By: krp Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/22/11
Can't find a full shot of my boat... just what goes on in it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Some pics of mine. This is the reason I can't afford custom rifles, high end 1911's, elk hunts, etc. Worth every penny to me though when I'm out on the water on a perfect day with the exhaust roaring.

2004 Baja 29 Outlaw. Twin 496 Mags, 375hp each.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Hammer down in Destin:
[Linked Image]

Having some fun going out the pass...
[Linked Image]
Some pics of the family boats (meaning they belong to my parents and I mooch).

24' Bentley Tri-toon Party Barge w/ a 4 stroke 115 Merc. Have had some great times on this thing. Currently for sale, pops is upgrading to a 25' Barge with a 250 Yami. Should be able to have some fun in a 50 mph 'toon.

[Linked Image]

Mid 80's 16' Cajun Special with a 75hp 'rude. Dad bought it used in '89 and its the boat I learned to drive in. Wish I knew how many hours I put on this thing back when I was 12 - 15 years old. Used to ride and ski all day within about a 3 mile radius of the camp. Still runs great even after being used and abused all these years.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DeerTracker Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/22/11
Originally Posted by LSU fan
Some pics of the family boats (meaning they belong to my parents and I mooch).

Mid 80's 16' Cajun Special with a 75hp 'rude. Dad bought it used in '89 and its the boat I learned to drive in. Wish I knew how many hours I put on this thing back when I was 12 - 15 years old. Used to ride and ski all day within about a 3 mile radius of the camp. Still runs great even after being used and abused all these years.

[Linked Image]

Holy schitt! My MawMaw and PawPaw have one just like it that we hauled up to MT from Louisiana when we moved. Dont see many boats like it up here. How fast does yours go with that 75 on the back? My grandparents have a little 25hp Merc with just the tiller bar so no steering wheel. That thing is scary fast even with the 25 on it. Local boat mechanic took it out for a test run after working on it one day and said it is the scariest boat he has ever been in!
I remember way back in the day running next to my dad while he was driving the truck. Think it topped out in the low 40's. The tach took a dump several years ago so not sure if its still turning up the rpm's it used to. I'll have to break out the GPS this summer and see what I can get out of it.

I wouldn't call it scary but things can get interesting. It'll slide around a good bit when you take a corner to fast. Or if you slow down enough it'll carve tight enough to almost dip water. Had a buddy that weighs 280+ almost crawl in my lap when I showed him that trick. laugh
My alweld will almost tip the right side in the water in a sharp turn. But I guess the day the boat mechanic took it out, the wind was blowin and he was heading straight into it in the chop. Said it was dancin around pretty good. Figured yours would do more than low 40s with that 75!

My godfather had a 15 or 16 foot skeeter with a 200 merc on it and a cop clocked him over 100mph goin under a bridge somewhere around Lake Charles/Sulphur!
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/22/11
My alweld will almost tip the right side in the water in a sharp turn. But I guess the day the boat mechanic took it out, the wind was blowin and he was heading straight into it in the chop. Said it was dancin around pretty good. Figured yours would do more than low 40s with that 75!

My godfather had a 15 or 16 foot skeeter with a 200 merc on it and a cop clocked him over 100mph goin under a bridge somewhere around Lake Charles/Sulphur!
Was it a Wrangler? The sixteen footer was only rated for 150 hp. Back in the day, that was a helluva rating though. If he had it motored up with 50 over, I would say it was salty. I think the 15 foot version was rated for 120 or 130. Back then, most 16's were rated 85 hp, as were 15's.
There ain't nothin' like the smell of outboard exhaust. It's like Hoppes.
I dont know which one it was. It was a long time ago and he was into speed. I wasnt around back then but I guess the cop couldnt even believe how fast he was goin in a bass boat.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/22/11
There ain't nothin' like the smell of outboard exhaust. It's like Hoppes.

Happiness is deep-sixing a 2-stroke and bolting on a 4-stroke.

For fragrance,you need to use Klotz mix in a HOT 394 with a 54" buried balls deep in a 1000yr old tree,for unparalleled ambiance.

Just sayin'.............
Posted By: horse1 Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/22/11
Crestliner 1850 Fish Hawk W/150HP Suzi 4-Stroke.

[Linked Image]
Well, here's a new pic of my '95 Cajun Travis Edition, 175 hp Johnson Faststrike.

Not too good. Not enough light.

[Linked Image]
I dont know which one it was. It was a long time ago and he was into speed. I wasnt around back then but I guess the cop couldnt even believe how fast he was goin in a bass boat.
I know guys who run FAST bassboats. I am talking Strokers, Allisons, stuff like that. IMO, anything up above 60 is respectable. If you get a bassboat above 90 mph, for real, you've accomplished quite a bit.

That Cajun is the fastest I've had. It gets up above 50, which doesn't sound like much, but that is with a full load of tackle, wife and kids, etc. Plus, it's a fishnski. Plenty fast for me.

I expect Storm makes the fastest fishnski. Allison the fastest straight bassboat. My info may be dated though.
Allison the fastest straight bassboat. My info may be dated though.

I'd say thats still accurate even though Allison isn't your typical bassboat. Most have the center console and are set up more for running than fishing. I love them though. I think Bullet probably owns the title of fastest "traditional" bass boat. I know they own a lot of drag racing records.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/23/11
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

There's a couple more. 6.8 laying on the back deck and ammo up front. lolol
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/23/11
that 35ft Donzi zf will do 70 mph topped off with fuel and gear and that's a 10000# boat.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 02/23/11
Originally Posted by stxhunter
that 35ft Donzi zf will do 70 mph topped off with fuel and gear and that's a 10000# boat.
Well hell Tex, I'm sure it will. You got what, three motors on that thing? lol

I ain't a salt fisherman nor navigator, but if I was goin' out, that is what I'd want! Well, that and nekkid Pam Anderson up on the bow.
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 03/02/11
Finally took a picture of mine last week .1754 Grizzly by Tracker and a 25 hp Merc run from the hind end.Not pretty but it gets used more than most and has hauled in about as many crappie as anybody's boat ,I reckon .

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I like to be able to walk around and if I drown , I want to fall OUT of a boat , not OFF of a boat .grin
Posted By: elkchsr Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 03/02/11
Here's my boat, 15' clacka. The picture was taken on the Smith River in 2010. That is one trip I would reccomend to anybody. We camped three nights and if I did it again I would try to stretch the trip out one more day.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 03/02/11
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Finally took a picture of mine last week .1754 Grizzly by Tracker and a 25 hp Merc run from the hind end.Not pretty but it gets used more than most and has hauled in about as many crappie as anybody's boat ,I reckon .

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I like to be able to walk around and if I drown , I want to fall OUT of a boat , not OFF of a boat .grin
Is that at Raybob?
Posted By: tzone Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 03/12/11
I had my fun in the tin boat for 3-4 years now. Next one will probably be glass.

Guess I was right....Here it is.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BCBrian Re: Let's See Your Boats! - 03/12/11
Originally Posted by AK_Raven

[Linked Image]

Of all the boats pictured - this one is my favourite!
© 24hourcampfire