-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
36' Uniflite Sport Sedan, 40'LOA and 13.5' of beam, twin diesels... Lots of cabin and almost enough deck... Some good times have been had there and literally dozens from here have been there...

One of my favorite photos on the rear deck of the boat...
[Linked Image]

pak standing beside the boat with a decent lingcod.
[Linked Image]

One of my favorite pictures of Riley listening for the grunt...
[Linked Image]

Some big fish have come over the rail.
[Linked Image]

A more recognizable boat in the harbor...
[Linked Image]

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by lhonda
Hey now! Just remembered sumptin'! What ever happened to that dude here who posted about the wreck, er, I mean nifty old rig (60s or 70s cabin cruiser) he got cheap (giggles) and said he was going to rehab? You know, the one that many folks, yours truly included, said that he'd be better off converting into kindling and heating his house with? wink

Things that make you go hmm...

I HOPE it went well. I'd not bet the farm on it though!

When you said "nifty", it brought this one to mind ...

[Linked Image]

(Scott F's boat)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
36' Uniflite Sport Sedan, 40'LOA and 13.5' of beam, twin diesels... Lots of cabin and almost enough deck... Some good times have been had there and literally dozens from here have been there...

One of my favorite photos on the rear deck of the boat...
[Linked Image]

pak standing beside the boat with a decent lingcod.
[Linked Image]

One of my favorite pictures of Riley listening for the grunt...
[Linked Image]

Some big fish have come over the rail.
[Linked Image]

A more recognizable boat in the harbor...
[Linked Image]

I've gotta' get over to kill some (more) of your fish. They're so damned ugly, most of 'em bottom feeders, hell there oughta' be a bounty on them. Do you AK cats a favor by culling a few thousand of them... wink

Oh, and what, only like a 100' sq dance floor? Slumming, I see... wink

Whaddaya' run for power? Yanmar 500? Very nice rig. If I weren't happily married, I'd own a downeaster. Buck honest to God ten foot rollers on that and never even hiccup.

Last edited by lhonda; 02/12/11.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Walker
Originally Posted by lhonda
Hey now! Just remembered sumptin'! What ever happened to that dude here who posted about the wreck, er, I mean nifty old rig (60s or 70s cabin cruiser) he got cheap (giggles) and said he was going to rehab? You know, the one that many folks, yours truly included, said that he'd be better off converting into kindling and heating his house with? wink

Things that make you go hmm...

I HOPE it went well. I'd not bet the farm on it though!

When you said "nifty", it brought this one to mind ...

[Linked Image]

(Scott F's boat)

Oh, snap. I believe that's the one. No offense meant, Scott F. I hear they have some serious, freak electrical storms out there in OR or WA or thereabouts. Be a damned shame to hear it got struck by lightning and burned some stormy eve. Yessiree, a damned shame, what with you excited to do another 8900 hours of restoration work, along with the $18K in hardware!

Sorry man, just funning ya. But seriously, I'm curious. Update?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Leighton-my brother bought a big old Chris Craft sitting in a guys yard down in Ohio. It had been sitting for over 10 years and was beyond repair. He ended up salvaging the motors and other drive parts and hardware. It was a big one-something like a 50 footer if I remember right. The darned thing was painted pink. 'Come to find out the thing had been a floating whorehouse down on the Ohio River. The boat had quite a checkered past. It's name was The Pleasure Pallass II. Once can only guess what Pleasure Pallass I had been like!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh, but for the stories that pink boat could've told, though, Jeff, eh?

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I sure wish some of you idiots would stop "Quoting" every damn photo! For some of us,(that know how to scroll up and down)and have less than stellar internet connections... ONE photo of the same boat is enough!!!! My poor old computer is smoking....

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
19' Triton LTS 150HP 4 Stroke Yamaha. Catch a lot of fish on this boat when I'm in Fla or Ga.

[Linked Image]

Use this boat for general goofing off on the rivers and when I need to kill pigs.
13.5 Gheenoe. Had a 6HP Nissan, now has a 15HP Yamaha 2 stroke.

[Linked Image]

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Well, here's my Bay boat I sold last year to pay for the construction of my Pole Barn. It was a 22' Sea King with a 150 Evinrude Etec Salwater outboard.

Had some great times in it down south on the Gulf, and here in the Great Lakes on Saginaw Bay, Lake Michigan, and Lake Erie.

[Linked Image]

Ended up trading for this Lund so that I can at least get on the lakes and rivers to whack Walleye! Life wouldn't be complete without some way to chase those toothy devils!

[Linked Image]

And when I want to get into really skinny water, I take this Malibu Extreme out for a spin. Whether it's chasing Redfish on the oyster bars, or Bluegills on the beds....it's sneaky!
[Linked Image]

I've owned MANY boats over the years, Skeeter, Champions, and even Ranger brands, they all served their purpose at one point. The key to boat ownership is that no ONE boat will do everything you would like, just get one that will do what you like to do the most!

Keith

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by frogman43
The key to boat ownership is that no ONE boat will do everything you would like, just get one that will do what you like to do the most!

Keith

VERY true.
I got my Starcraft, and sold my Lund. The Starcraft is MUCH better on Erie with a 19* dead rise vs the Lund with about 12 or 14.
The Starcraft is to big for the smaller lakes I use to fish in this area, but with all the great fishing in Erie, it's working out great...

[Linked Image]

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Very enjoyable thread. Like many of you I have boated all over the country seeing the various lakes, rivers and ocean views in the background brings back fond memories.

Here is my 26 yr old bayliner trophy. It has served me well in waters from San Carlos Mexico to Lake Ontario and too many bodies of water in the west to mention. Saw one on Lake Powell in 1982 and had to have one.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A few views of Roosevelt Lake Az
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
[Linked Image]
My Yankee Walleye boat in it's second life as a big reservoir
Crappie rig smile We vertical fish deep water when it's cold,
and troll big spreads of crankbaits w planer boards in the summer.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Marathon 120 lite jet
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
turns AND stops on a dime!(grin)
[Linked Image]
Ran 'er right onto the beach that year to keep it out of the storm!
[Linked Image]
Cat

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
[Linked Image]

78' Glastron. Dad bought it new in 78. Its mine now. The picture is out on Canyon lake last summer.

Last edited by Auger01; 02/12/11.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Here is mine with two of my favorite boating partners:

[Linked Image]

...and here it is with another classic:

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
she ain't much to look at BUT the places she's been and the things she's done.....

she's got some good stories and a lot of pleasant memories for me, course some unpleasant ones too,

don't have an entire shot of her on puter but here's the composite

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

also love this one but she sucks for going upstream!

[Linked Image]

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

16ft Clackacraft drifter

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 1minute
[Linked Image]

Is that Beavertail?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My little boat

[Linked Image]

and yes, I'm the man.............
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

151 members (300_savage, 1_deuce, 308xray, 673, 2500HD, 01Foreman400, 14 invisible), 1,269 guests, and 962 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,086
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.