Home
Posted By: OrangeOkie Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/08/11
I peruse Gunbroker quite often and I always notice a slew of Blaser rifles with zero bids. Does anyone actually ever sell these things to the public? What are some adjectives that would describe the type of consumer who would drop that kind of coin on a rifle? Finally, do these dealers actually have these rifles in stock, or does Blaser keep them in a giant warehouse somewhere and dole them out once in a while when someone comes along with more money than sense and buys one. confused

The R93 In some iteration is what you usually see although there may be some new R8s now too. It's--the R93--fairly popular having sold over a 100k rifles and that was early in the decade.

Seems you know a lot about "them" (ie, more money than sense). What has been your experience with Blasers? The incredible accuracy? The take-down feature that let's you switch scoped barrels in different case head sizes in minutes? The light, compact ergonomics? The long list of of wood grades/synthetic and chambering choices? The detachable scope mounts that hold scope zero or fits on any other barrel?

I see what you mean. Nothing there anybody who is into rifles would like..
Posted By: mike762 Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/08/11
I would love to have the coin to drop on a Blaser and a few extra barrels, so even though I don't have more money than sense, I wish I did.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/08/11
I gotta rich squirrely buddy that buys em; he thinks my old pre-64's wearing period glass are outdated draconian trash.

Gunner
Don't know much about who buys them, but it used to be when I did a search for Lefthand rifles on gunbroker, a gazillion blazers would clog my search results. I had to type up a fairly complex boolean search string to exclude the majority, but not all blazers that came up since sellers spelled and listed them so many different ways. Kept it in a text file so I could copy and paste it in. Don't have that problem anymore and haven't used that complex search string for a long time.
Posted By: WhelenAway Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/08/11
I just see $1000 barrels and $250 scope mounts, and figure anybody that would buy one is Nuckin Futs grin

I can think of literally 100's of rifles I would buy first.
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/08/11
The K95s sure are nice though.

You can keep the rest......
Posted By: WhelenAway Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/08/11
I'd go Dakota M10 in a single shot, but then I don't buy a lot of single shot rifles.
Posted By: cotis Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/08/11
Excellent question. I have wondered the same thing myself about the Blasers.
Originally Posted by goodnews

The R93 In some iteration is what you usually see although there may be some new R8s now too. It's--the R93--fairly popular having sold over a 100k rifles and that was early in the decade.

Seems you know a lot about "them" (ie, more money than sense). What has been your experience with Blasers? The incredible accuracy? The take-down feature that let's you switch scoped barrels in different case head sizes in minutes? The light, compact ergonomics? The long list of of wood grades/synthetic and chambering choices? The detachable scope mounts that hold scope zero or fits on any other barrel?

Europeans love them because many European countries only allow ownership of one rifle, and with the Blaser you can have one rifle in just about as many calibers as you like.
Posted By: macrabbit Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/08/11
Originally Posted by gunner500
he thinks my old pre-64's wearing period glass are outdated draconian trash.

Draconian?
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/08/11
Originally Posted by macrabbit
Originally Posted by gunner500
he thinks my old pre-64's wearing period glass are outdated draconian trash.

Draconian?

I dont know what he was implying, I think he meant medieval, or something to that effect, he thinks the old rifles are outdated junk.

Gunner
Posted By: Pete E Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/08/11
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Europeans love them because many European countries only allow ownership of one rifle, and with the Blaser you can have one rifle in just about as many calibers as you like.

I don't know anywhere in Europe where people are restricted to buying just one rifle?

Not even in the UK does our system work like that..

I would say that most Europeans who buy a Blaser are looking for a finished high quality off-the-shelf rifle, rather than one where they have to get the trigger altered, the action bedded ect..

Also many Europeans travel to hunt, and travelling with one take down rifle and a couple of barrels is much easier than two full size rifles.

Quite a few people in the Club I belong to own them, and while I can see the attraction they are not for me.

Blaser have also had a few "issues" over the years with rifles suffering unexplained major failures when the trigger is pulled. I saw one last year at the range where the action froze solid after the shot and the case couldn't be extracted.

Such problems are undoubtedly rare, but Blasers just seem over engineered/complicated compared to a standard bolt action..
Posted By: g5m Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/08/11
Had one. Beautiful rifle. A friend wanted it so it's gone.
Posted By: antlers Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/08/11
If I had that kind money to spend on a rifle, I sure as heck would buy somethin' else.
Posted By: Bighorn Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/08/11
I used a Blaser R93 rifle (outfitter's gun) a few months ago, in Spain, to take a Beceite Ibex.

It is indeed a fine piece of work. I would probably buy one, if it was chambered for a caliber I really wanted.

I have an older, Camex Blaser, imported into this country in the '80's. I have four barrels for it- none of them shoot worth a flip. The big drawback to the early Blaser was the scope mounting system- each barrel had a dovetail slot for a twist-in scope mount. With time, those mounts, and slots, begin to wear, so much so that they actually affect accuracy.

I would sell the whole thing, but I don't hate anyone that much.....
Posted By: bea175 Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/08/11
there is just something about the Blaser that turns me off. I would much rather have my 700 Rem or Mod 70. For Varmint hunting give me the AR any old day. I will keep my coins and you can have them.
Posted By: Savage_99 Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/08/11
[Linked Image]

I don't like the look, mechanical operation of the Blaser nor a straight pull bolt rifle for that matter.

To each his own.

Posted By: ColsPaul Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/08/11
I was always the same idea,
that in Europe ( Germany and Scandinavian coutries ) that folks were limited to the number of rifles one can own.
So, the swap barrels were popular.

There are too many that will never buy anything that doesn't look like a post WW II bolt action gun.

Just as a lot will never look at a Chippa (?) Rhino revolver because it's different than a S & W.
Posted By: Savage_99 Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/08/11
Everything you said is correct. If I were limited in the number of guns or even started with a Blaser then I might have a different opinion.

Also I don't even know what a "Rhino" revolver is without looking it up.

Even then straight pull rifles give me the creeps.
Posted By: mudhen Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/08/11
I had a couple of guest hunters over the years that shot Blazers. Both guys were in the investment business in New York City, and they flew out to Douglas, AZ, in a private jet. They may not have had more money than sense, but they obviously had a lot of money.

That said, I got to try both of them and found them to be well-made, well-finished rifles that were pleasant to shoot--accurate, too. One was chambered in 6.5x55 and the other was a .270. I believe the owner of the latter rifle said that he had a 9.3x62 barrel for his, as well. I cruised the internet sites for a year or so afterward, looking for a bargain, but never found one at a price that made me want to pull the trigger, so to speak.
Posted By: ColsPaul Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/08/11
Also I don't even know what a "Rhino" revolver is without looking it up

It is an Italian made revolver, with the barrel on the bottom chamber. The cylinder is a flat sided hexagon. The "hammer" is just an exsposed cocking lever that also has the rear sight cut into it.
They have a ventilated rib to raise the front sight up.

I rented one out of curiosity. .357 mag has little re-coil because the barrel is so low.
The one I shot was only a 2" snub.
If they come out in 5 or 6 " soon, I may look again.
I do like the odd character in hand.
And would enjoy a Blazer for the difference only.
Posted By: sambo3006 Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/08/11
I just saw a Blaser stock on gunbroker for $1500. Just the stock!!!!
No thanks.

I'd like to shoot one some time but I won't be spending that much money on one.
Posted By: HunterJim Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/08/11
Did Blaser fix the "kaboom problems" they were having?

I have examined several and they are a finely engineered answer to an unasked question...jim
Posted By: sargent Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/08/11
I wouldn't buy one because they don't make a lever action. grin

Originally Posted by HunterJim
Did Blaser fix the "kaboom problems" they were having?

I have examined several and they are a finely engineered answer to an unasked question...jim
Yep. Ashamed to admit I bought one in the 1990s. Sold it about five years ago. Never could get used to the straight pull action, and always felt a bit leery about the safety of the lock up.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/08/11
OrangeOkie: I don't know who buys the Blaser Rifles.
I have been Big Game and varmint Hunting for more than 50 years now and I have NEVER seen a Blaser Rifle in the field!
And I have Hunted from Alaska to Texas and from Utah to the Dakotas and intwo provinces of Canada - I have as yet to see a Blaser in the field!
In fact I have only seen ONE person use a Blaser Rifle on TV!
They may be perfectly wonderful Rifles but I would not know.
I have also noticed the "zero bids" on Blaser Rifles on Gunbroker.com!
Again they may be great guns but there appears to be a VERY narrow market for arms of their type and price.
Best of luck to the Blaser folks - competition and variety are good things.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I owned an R93 with three barrels two of which were more accurate than other rifle I've owned and one of those was a .375 H&H (<.40" at 100 yds) Much of what I hear is offered by folks who've never had one, used one, or perhaps even handled one in the flesh. Overengineered? Take one down in two minutes, swap out a bolt head and barrel and you go from antelope to brown bear. Is the straight pull fast--faster, much faster than any 60-90 degree bolt throw with backward and forward actions thrown in.

The Kaboom question? I pestered Blaser long and hard until they sent me a personal letter concerning their findings; rather that of an independent agency that found hand loads that exceeded 120k psi (by metallurgical tests) to be the cause. Stick that one in your m70, 700, Mauser and you have the same pipe bomb that a Blaser makes. By the way, anyone know how many "traditional bolt guns" are turned into shrapnel each year?

Expensive? Yea, but gee, I think a few bucks are spent here on aftemarket loonyism and that more than a few have superseded the cost of a R93 or R8 with several barrels and mounts. If not you style, fine, but don't just repeat the 'net blather that's been around ten years now. This is to know one specifically, just a general comment.

My R93 stuff has all been traded in for....one K95. And, yes, I chose it over a Dakota m10 for several reasons,...good ones.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/09/11
The Blaser R93's I've shot have always been very accurate, as in just about as accurate many of the custom rifles Americans brag up on the Internet. They also have excellent triggers and fine balance.

I've also shot quite a few other modern German rifles, and they've also been extremely accurate, with fine triggers, plus excellent fit and finish. On one occasion I culled fallow deer on an estate in Ireland with a straight-pull Heym that had a 3-12 Schmidt & Bender scope with a very useful ballistic reticle. I only shot deer with it out to 400 yards, where it did fine, but the owner (an Irish plumber) has used it to 600. It didn't take long to get used to the straight pull, which came in very handy when we got into a bunch of deer one day. (You can even see a photo of me shooting it at a deer, with my friend Liam Kenehan with his fingers in his ears, by logging onto www.heymrifles.com and clicking on "Rifles".)

My own .300 Winchester Magnum is a turn-bolt Heym SR-21, also extremely accurate with a fine trigger, and with an American-style stock of fancy-grain walnut. It will shoot as well as the remodeled, synthetic-stocked "custom" Remington 700's that many American rifle loonies will pay several thousand dollars for, but at the time I bought it, less than 3 years ago, it retailed for around $2000.

German rifles are super-accurate, with great tiggers, and finely made. But Americans would rather spend more money on a rebuilt 700 because...well, because neither they nor their buddies know anything about them. Even so, they will bad-mouth them, especially on the Internet.

Posted By: 348srfun Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/09/11
I got a good deal on a used one back when a dollar was worth a good solid $.50. It came with a 300 win barrel and I have since added a 264 barrel, both of which will shoot five shots under one inch on a very regular basis with factory ammunition.

I basically have two problems with my 93. The first one is the amount of things that you don't get to do to it to make it shoot like it does. I love piddling with my guns and there is nothing to do to it. The second one is I have not realized any increase in the speed of the bolt manipulation due to the fact that I always try to lift it first and then pull it back. After the first shot I usually have plenty of time anyway.

Start with a good Remchester action and convert it to a takedown with good mounts, barrel, wood, square and true the action and you are not that far from what one of these will cost but your gun will be longer.

As for having more money than sense, that is a relative comment. For some of us it may not take much money.

Posted By: AFTERUM Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/09/11
I guess I couldn't get one cause I would always be calling it a "Blazer" and folks would laugh.........
Posted By: BlueK9 Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/10/11
I've watched a couple of these Blaser-related threads and have stayed out of the fray. However, I'm going to tell my "Blaser" story.

I'm relatively new to Blasers. Mine's an older, synthetic stock R93 called the Offroad in .270 Winchester. This version has since been replaced with the Professional. This rifle sat on the shelf of a local dealer for several years.

I work in the agribusiness industry and travel extensively. One of the good things about my career is the opportunity to combine work and play. From time-to-time, I get the chance to squeeze a hunt into a work-related trip.

So, what's the downside? Most of my trips involve airplanes and rental cars. It's really cumbersome to deal with a long gun case in an airport even when hunting is the only thing on the travel agenda. It's a much bigger pain when the trip is dual purpose.

Last spring, I was telling my tale of travel woe to my local gun dealer. He cut me short and went back into his storeroom. A few minutes later he emerged with the aforementioned R93. He indicated this was the last of three he'd brought to the store seven years ago. Obviously, they hadn't sold well for him and he acknowledged he'd retired this one to the safe in the back. I smoked it over for awhile and then we cut a deal for it and a mount for $1400, which I later learned was steal for a new R93.

I noted the fit and finish of the rifle were exceptional albeit the design is non-traditional by American standards. The straight pull action is slick and very fast -- every bit as fast as a pump. The trigger on mine breaks at 1.5lbs with no creep, but the design allows some overtravel. Still, it's the best factory trigger I've ever pulled. I agree with JB in that it balances superbly. The synthetic stock is a dual layer injection-molded design. I would've expected a better quality stock for a rifle in this price range. Even so, it's the best I've seen of its type. Evidently, Germans are lanky and long-armed as the LOP was well over 14". I shortened the stock to fit and installed an aftermarket pad. I like the fact that the "safety" is actually the cocking mechanism, but it's stiff and takes some effort.

It was mid-summer before I made time to mount a scope -- a Leupold VX-3 3.5-10X 40mm CDS. A few days after that, I went out back to my shooting range with a box of Hornady factory ammo and the rifle in hand. The first three shots grouped 5/8" with center being 1" inch high and .5" right. I adjusted the scope two clicks up and two clicks left. As anticipated, the next three shots were 1.5" high and horizontally centered. The group was a cloverleaf measuring less than .5". I've never had a rifle that close to "on" after scoping it up.

I then decided to test the "system". I unscrewed the scope mount from the barrel as well as the barrel from the stock and then reassembled. After that, I ran three more shots downrange. The six-shot group measured .75". I let the barrel cool for a bit and repeated the process once again. The group now had a sample of nine and all fit into .75". How many rifles can you pull apart that way and put back together again and still drive nine shots into well under an inch?

Who buys a Blaser? That'd be me. I can disassemble the rifle and place it into a breakdown case for travel. When it's reassembled, POI hasn't changed. Mine's stunningly accurate. It's much faster than traditional bolt rifles and has a fantastic trigger. (I really appreciated the speed on a recent feral hog hunt in west Texas. It was easy to get three to four well-aimed shots before the herds could escape.) Barrels can be swapped to accommodate virtually any hunting need. As such, it's a perfect choice for a multi-species hunt. The action can be changed to go from right- to left-handed. That's not a big deal to most. However, I'm right-handed and my son is left-handed so it's a big plus for us.

This fall it became my #1 rifle and I've several nice rifles. While it's fairly expensive, the synthetic models are no more so than most entry-level, semi-custom bolt rifles. You may get a little more customization with those, but less flexibility than is afforded by Blaser's modularity. Sure, one can spend a fortune on one of the "eye candy" models, but that's true for many other rifles too.

Since I purchased my Blaser and became a fan, I've been amazed to see the amount of negative banter about them and those who have one. As for their safety, I've never seen a report attributing a failure to anything other than load dramatically exceeding pressure standards and there're only a handful of those. I've never seen a picture of a "blown-up" Blaser floating around on the Internet, but have seen a bunch of other rifles like T/C Encores. While opinions of Encores as a platform vary widely, I've never read much about them being unsafe. In each case, the problem noted was a hot load and/or a third-party chamber cut for something unsuitable for the Encore's limits, but nary a word about the Encore being a dangerous design.

Several years ago, there was a noted issue where a parts supplier delivered non-stainless springs for the trigger mechanism rather than the specified stainless springs. After Blaser discovered the issue, it recalled all potentially affected rifles and replaced the springs, although I don't think there was ever an issue in the field. Much has been made of this situation, but that type of deal is fairly common in the industry.

It seems to me there's a double standard about Blasers, but maybe it's just me as I've drank the Kool-Aid. As for those who own them, I'll leave it someone else to determine whether I have more money than sense. I consider myself a everyday hardworking professional and garden variety rifle looney. I don't think the Blaser is for everyone, but it does fit a need for many. Last year, I found that one earned a prime spot in my safe near the front.

Well said BlueK9; many of my experiences match yours. Plus as you mention, they are a joy to travel with. My 375 would put 270-gr TSXs in less than a .50" inches for three shots at 100 yds as long as I could point it straight.

I am very much looking forward to the K95 for many of the same reasons minus the fast repeating ability.
goodnews,

It's the double standard thing that leaves me so perplexed at times. There was a recent thread on the Fire titled, "Why do so many think that Tikkas suck?" The OP in this thread, OrangeOkie, contributed to it and made the following observation:

"I believe in the market to sort out what is good and what is bad. Price point is just as valid a reason to buy a particular item as is perceived or acutual qulity/performance. To each his own. I'm just glad that so many people are still interested in and buying rifles."

Unless, it's a Blaser rifle. Then, as OrangeOkie implies you're an idiot who has "more money than sense." And, he sarcastically ponders the unflattering adjectives that describe you as Blaser owner.

Go figure.

Best,
BlueK9
Posted By: RickBin Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/10/11
They didn't do much for me.

Then I tested a couple at SHOT. I found lots to like while in the drivers seat. They felt good ... better than I expected.

Would I buy one? I dunno. I'm pretty rifled up. But I wouldn't rule it out.

Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/10/11
Originally Posted by BlueK9
goodnews,

It's the double standard thing that leaves me so perplexed at times. There was a recent thread on the Fire titled, "Why do so many think that Tikkas suck?" The OP in this thread, OrangeOkie, contributed to it and made the following observation:

"I believe in the market to sort out what is good and what is bad. Price point is just as valid a reason to buy a particular item as is perceived or acutual qulity/performance. To each his own. I'm just glad that so many people are still interested in and buying rifles."

Unless, it's a Blaser rifle. Then, as OrangeOkie implies you're an idiot who has "more money than sense." And, he sarcastically ponders the unflattering adjectives that describe you as Blaser owner.

Go figure.

Best,
BlueK9

Blue, just for the record, I wa not, in fact, the "OP" on the Tikka thread. However, I agree my comments on this Blaser thread have obviously offended a couple of posters in a way I did not intend. My comments about "more money than sense" was out of line, and I wish I had not penned those words. I am still perplexed at the number of dealers on GB who advertise their Blasers with nary a bid. It simply seems like a lot of expensive inventory with "zero" visible buyers.
Orange-

I took no offense really but it's big of you to realize you might have and say it. What really bugs me is it's kind of fashionable to denigrate these rifles in ignorance and miss out on what a really, fine, well thought out rifle they are.
Posted By: krupp Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/10/11
I bought a Blaser baseball hat. That's all i could afford....
OrangeOkie,

I had intended to identify you as the OP on this Blaser thread and as simply a contributor on the Tikka thread, but I wasn't precise.

Many thanks for clarifying your perspective. As for Blasers advertised on GB, I think you'll find most of those are listed by Mad Dog Guns out of Arizona, especially the eye candy models. I've noticed Alex Roy of Europtic lists Blasers as well, but most of those are the models for the everyday hunter.

From what I understand, Blaser dealers must adhere to a MAP policy much like those who sell Swarovski and S&B glass. I think Leupold went down this path a few years ago as well. This results in GB "auctions" simply being advertisements at MSRP for those items. Prospective buyers must call the dealer to get the street price.

These MAP policies tend to clutter GB on affected products. It doesn't look like Swarovski ever sells a scope if GB is the yardstick. All this said, I can't imagine the market for the highly adorned Blasers is very large. I also can't fathom how listing all those fancy models on GB is worth the effort, but maybe I'm wrong. I guess Mad Dog Guns knows better.

I will acknowledge Blasers are a niche rifles, especially in the US. As I noted, the utilitarian model solves a problem for me, but wouldn't for others. And, the pretty ones are of no interest to me.

Additionally, Blasers have more than doubled in price the last 10 years and that has dramatically altered the value comparison. This is true for most European goods. I've noted JB on several occasions expressing pleasure in having purchased his Leica Duovids a few years ago when they were half as much.

On that point, I took a fancy to the Kimber Montana when they were first marketed. When I first handled one, the young clerk behind the counter said, "If you're interested in a tough synthetic gun, take a look at this R93." I handed him the Montana and he handed me a R93 Offroad in .308 Winchester.

I looked at it a good bit and decided it was a gimmick gun. I handed it back to him and a deal was cut on the Montana for $1000. Before we did the paperwork, he once again offered the Blaser, "You know, this Blaser is a really nice rifle and it's only $900."

I couldn't get the Montana to shoot inside of 2" no matter what I tried. I've two backside observations on that transaction. First, Blasers are much more expensive today compared to most other rifles. Second, we all have more money than sense now and again.

Good shooting,
BlueK9

Originally Posted by RickBin

Then I tested a couple at SHOT. I found lots to like while in the drivers seat. They felt good ... better than I expected.

Unless it was your only rifle, you'd never really get used to the straight pull action. Also, traditional bolt action rifles have heavy duty locking lugs to keep the bolt in place. This is a great comfort to me considering the position of my face in relation to it. The Blaser doesn't have anything quite as comforting keeping the bolt in place when you detonate that explosion in the chamber/barrel.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/10/11
A PH freind of mine in Africa used a Blaser in .375 quite a bit- he traded the Blaser Rep. a little hunting for it...It never gave him grief( that I know of..) and he liked it. I could never personally warm up to it...but hey, folks have differing tastes....
Posted By: hicountry Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/10/11
This is a bit funny, but I have a Benoit family hunting video, titled "Hunt Smarter, not Harder". For those not familiar with the Benoits, they are a family in Vt who are legendary deer trackers. Real died in wool Vt hunters who use Rem 760 pumps, previously with open sights, now as they are all older, are scoped. These guys are the real deal as far as hunting and woods skills. They hunt big bodied deer, mature bucks, mano-o-mano. Lanny, one of the brothers, has something like a 235lb average over his hunting career. Think about that, what it takes to kill a mature buck, one on one, fair chase, big woods no less, averaging that size for a career...

Anyway, their cameraman/producer is also a died in wool Vt. hunter. There is a segment following him around tracking a big buck.

It surprised the heck out of me, but he was using a Blaser, what appeard to be the "professional" or "hunter" with the synthetic stock. He pulled up and whacked one heck of a big old mountain buck that he had tracked for miles.

When he shot the buck, he worked that action so fast, you would have thought it was a pump or damn near auto-ish speed.

BTW, these are great videos for those who enjoy big woods, big mature buck hunting the hard way. They also share their secrets for reading buck tracks.

It is amazing how they read into what they are seeing...

Tony
Originally Posted by RickBin

Unless it was your only rifle, you'd never really get used to the straight pull action. Also, traditional bolt action rifles have heavy duty locking lugs to keep the bolt in place. This is a great comfort to me considering the position of my face in relation to it. The Blaser doesn't have anything quite as comforting keeping the bolt in place when you detonate that explosion in the chamber/barrel.

Not accurate-I have traditional bolts and had a R93; it was no problem transitioning one to the other; I never forgot which I had in my hand or how to operate it. The R93 has lugs-ok, mini lugs--but through all 360 degrees-like petals on a flower that open up in an indent with probably more bearing surface than many two lug actions that aren't blue printed-the majority of them; I have made it a habit to inspect the lugs of rifles and many have one shiny one and another that has much less contact with the recess. This R93 system was even beefed up in the R8.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/10/11
Well, let's just say SOME people will never get used to a straight-pull bolt. I had no trouble with the one on the Heym SR30 I used in Ireland for three days, in fact got very fast with it very quickly.

Partly this is because I run a regular bolt action by palming the bolt handle, both forward and back. This is among the fastest ways to run even a standard bolt, because it involved a simple back-and-forth action instead of what most people do, which is grip, lift, pull-back, push forward, turn down. And it worked even quicker with a straight-pull.

There has never been any sort of blow-back incident with either straight-pull Blasers or Heyms, and if anybody examines the the mechanisms enough to see how they work, they'd understand why.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/10/11
I think they're ugly, so I'll leave them in the marketplace for you folks that like them. smile
JB, agreed on both points. I don't have much issue transitioning between the Blaser straight pull and a conventional bolt. I can say that the straight pull is considerably easier to master and a whole bunch faster.

As for the safety of the design, I can't understand why so many seem to get all twisted-up over it. It doubt it's the safest action available, but it's clearly far from weakest.

I'm fairly confident I assumed a hundred fold more risk this morning when I took my Yamaha Rhino to joy ride around the farm than I'll experience in a lifetime of shooting a Blaser.

It reminds me of a friend who has big tires and a lift under his F250. He has not a care in the world bouncing down the interstate in it at warp speed. I'm leery of riding with him. However, he turns to 200lbs of quivering jello when he boards a plane. We all have our fears I guess...some comparatively rational and others not so much, but all real in our own eyes.
Cheesy, yes, the are fugly. :-) Pretty is as pretty does though.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/10/11
I think they are ugly...just like Savage rifles...YMMV.
Okay, now you're getting personal. What's next? Are you gonna tell me the .270 sux?
Posted By: salmonhead Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/10/11
I didnt read all the comments, but I only know one guy that uses Blaser rifles. He definatly has way more money than sense. He also uses Kreighoff and Benelli stuff. The sales guys love him. But whatever floats your boat I guess. And to top it off, it doesn't sound like the guns are even as accurate a standard Rembrownchester or the like.
Went and checked them out on gunbroker last night. On the good side they have left handed rifles in darn near every caliber you could want, and in more than one model. That interchangeable barrel thing is kind of cool although I understand you have to have each barrel fitted, but that�s no different than an NER.

But whooeee, a bit over $3700 for the cheapest one! And they quickly run a lot higher than that. That makes you take a step back.

I heard of a Ford dealership that would offer a free Winchester rifle or shotgun with every purchase of a pickup. Wish the local Mercedes dealership would make that same offer with Blasers. wink
Posted By: eh76 Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/10/11
Originally Posted by BlueK9
Okay, now you're getting personal. What's next? Are you gonna tell me the .270 sux?

I had one once for a week...never shot it...sold it for a profit to an unsuspecting person. I still don't like Savage or Blaser..if you take exception to that oh well. That is why I said YMMV. And yes I think the 270 sux. YMMV
Posted By: gmsemel Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/10/11
Well I hunt with one, I am on my sixth season with it. My R-93 is one of the best rifles I ever owned, I down sized my collection some years back, and I sold a Dakota M-10 to buy it. I sighted it in once, and I been sending 150 gr 7mm Bullets out of a 7mm Remington Barrel it to game ever since. I shoot to check zero and go hunt. Best trigger I ever had the pleasure to press. One of the things I am going to do, is get a tracker barrel in 9.3 x 62 and that is going to be my lodge pole elk rifle.
Posted By: dinsdale Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/10/11
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Went and checked them out on gunbroker last night. On the good side they have left handed rifles in darn near every caliber you could want, and in more than one model. That interchangeable barrel thing is kind of cool although I understand you have to have each barrel fitted, but that�s no different than an NER.

wink

You have been mis-informed....any barrel on any frame, no fitting required.
Originally Posted by salmonhead
I didnt read all the comments, but I only know one guy that uses Blaser rifles. He definatly has way more money than sense. He also uses Kreighoff and Benelli stuff. The sales guys love him. But whatever floats your boat I guess. And to top it off, it doesn't sound like the guns are even as accurate a standard Rembrownchester or the like.

Salmonhead, you noted that you didn't read much of this thread and only know one Blaser owner. Just curious as to where you heard Blasers aren't as accurate as "a standard Rembrownchester or the like."

Don't have firsthand experience with Kreighoff. Nevertheless, color me a fool as I have both Blaser and a couple of Bennellis. There's nothing I'd rather have in a duck blind than an SBEII.
Posted By: salmonhead Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/10/11
Just that the owner said he got 1.5-2" groups with it, which is unacceptable for me. Could be him. Yes, very limited. I guess I was almost asking as much as stating. He pay a lot for the wood too, so his cost a LOT and if that money were mine being spent it would be a tack driver, not 1.5" groups. But I do conceed to anyone here that may have one and knows how to shoot or load.
Elkhunter76, sorry, I should've put a smiley face in there. I didn't take any measure of exception to your remark. I, too, think Blasers are ugly, but they work for me. I don't think Savages are sexy either, but I've friends who found them functional and quite accurate.

We all have wants and needs and form opinions around those...and those often differ from person-to-person. Hence, YMMV.
Originally Posted by dinsdale
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

wink

You have been mis-informed....any barrel on any frame, no fitting required.

I stand corrected!

Heck, that decided it for me. Gonna get a .308 and a barrel for 6.5X55 and a 7X57 and maybe a 9.3X74 and a... wink
I think you'll find what that owner reported as the exception. Mine is as accurate as any I own and is the least finicky. It's thrown anything I've fed it into less than an inch. Plus, you can remove the barrel from the stock and the scope from the barrel then reassemble and POI doesn't move...at least on mine.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/10/11
Over-engineered and fugly. They're German so you know they are good, but I can afford one but I wouldn't buy one on a dare. jorge

Aw c'mon Jorge, you can get the the new R8 in those big mastadonian chamberings now with one more in the box than you handle with your double. wink
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/10/11
No doubt, but have you ever SEEN how many parts go into that rifle? Besides, I never bought off on the 120psi overpressure stuff. A few years ago, Sauer produced a very fine and again over-engineeered bolt action, relying on a series of "cams" that locked the bolt as you pushed it forward. Always wanted one and still do, but they had a potential issue if the cams became stuck, the bolt could wind up in your face. I just can't handle that weird bolt set up. A MKV action is about as "daring" as I want to get smile

No problem. People perceive things differently; I'm not as familiar with the Sauer, another, generally, finely crafted rifle, but have studied the Blaser R93 bolt ad nauseum--nothing human is fool proof, but it is close.

No problem. People perceive things differently; I'm not as familiar with the Sauer, another, generally, finely crafted rifle, but have studied the Blaser R93 bolt ad nauseum--nothing human is fool proof, but it is close.
When I owned one, I found the safety system a little confusing. Was never quite sure if it was on safe or not. Another thing I didn't like about it.

The safety or cocking mechanism is what took the most getting used to for me also. It takes a manly push to get it on and a push forward-down maneuver to de-cock, not the slip-slide or forward click of a tang or wing safety of more traditional rifles but it is safe and has about as clear an indicator as can be--a red dot about the size of your pinkie fingernail is uncovered when it is cocked so I'm confused as to why you couldn't tell what state the rifle was in.
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Don't know much about who buys them, but it used to be when I did a search for Lefthand rifles on gunbroker, a gazillion blazers would clog my search results. I had to type up a fairly complex boolean search string to exclude the majority, but not all blazers that came up since sellers spelled and listed them so many different ways. Kept it in a text file so I could copy and paste it in. Don't have that problem anymore and haven't used that complex search string for a long time.

"Left hand -Blaser -R93" gets rid of most of them. Been doing that longer than I can remember.

I have only ever seen 1 Blaser in the flesh, and it had a Schmidt and Bender something or other scope on top. I think the guy spent more time talking about his rifle (in 7mm Rem Mag no less) than he did actually hunting. Guy was a flipping snob of the highest order, to say the least.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/11/11
Well, that settles it. Who buys Blaser rifles? Flipping snobs....
Posted By: Chesapeake Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/11/11
Never owned one, but looked one over good once. Bolt locking reminded me of that of a Remington 870 shotgun, but more of the same. Didnt cause any concern for me, but niether does my 870.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Well, that settles it. Who buys Blaser rifles? Flipping snobs....

Yep, that'd be me! laugh
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/11/11
I knew it!

Think I'll run out next week and buy one myself, just to prove my flipping bona fides....

The safety or cocking mechanism is what took the most getting used to for me also. It takes a manly push to get it on and a push forward-down maneuver to de-cock, not the slip-slide or forward click of a tang or wing safety of more traditional rifles but it is safe and has about as clear an indicator as can be--a red dot about the size of your pinkie fingernail is uncovered when it is cocked so I'm confused as to why you couldn't tell what state the rifle was in.
Sometimes I thought I took it off safe, but pulling the trigger didn't fire it, then I realized I had to do something else too. It's been a few years, so that's as much detail as I can give you about it.

Occasionally, with the R93 it was possible to close the bolt but not quite far enough without immediately noticing it. Then upon cocking and pulling the trigger it would not fire. In this case the firing pin can not reach the primer, another safety feature.
Posted By: BlueK9 Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/11/11
Goodnews,

I can't speak for how yours operated. However, on mine, it's impossible to cock the rifle with unless the bolt is fully engaged. If it's left slightly less than engaged, the cocking process fully engages and locks the bolt. Essentially, if I can see the big red dot, then I'm good to go. Maybe we're on the same page and simply defining cocked vs. uncocked differently.

BlueK9
It's been awhile so I may be mistaken but I believe thatvafter you've fired the rifle and worked the bolt but not quite having gotten it all the way foward, though the indicator shows red, you could pull the trigger and not be able to fire it.
Posted By: BlueK9 Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/11/11
Okay, I with you now. I was talking about prior to initially firing it. Yes, after having fired a shot, the red dot remains visible while cycling the action, but the trigger doesn't engage until the bolt is fully closed.

Just a thought for all you guys not comfortable with straight pull actions, an AR--a straight pull type action-- has a bunch of mini lugs on the bolt (7 in a RRA) that slide forward between their opposing action lugs and must rotate only about 10 degrees or so to lock up and that's obviously not by rotating them manually--it's a mechanical rotation which means it could fail also, a fact I've never heard anyone worry about.

The R93's rotate mechanically too but "out" through a different plane is all and I would submit with even greater contact as practically all 360 deg of the bolt head make contact whereas the 7 little lugs of an AR bolt make up about 50% of potential contact surface.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/12/11
Straight pull doesn't bother me...ugly does smile

Ve haf vays to make you do vat ve vant grin
They rank up there with Savage 100's sick grin

Porsches and Vegas--not in the same universe wink
Think the Savage 110 has the edge in looks.... wink
Posted By: BlueK9 Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/13/11
Goodnews,

First, yes, I agree with your assessment of the AR's lock-up comparison to a R93. The Blaser is clearly much safer. However, I've never seen it mentioned that the AR is a death trap.

While on the topic of the AR, have you ever SEEN how many parts are in an AR. Anyone concerned about the number of parts in a Blaser R93 must absolutely loathe the AR.

BTW, I have two ARs and enjoy them immensely despite the fact they are "unsafe" due to weak lock-up and "over engineered" due to so many parts.

BlueK9.
Posted By: mrmarklin Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/13/11

Thanks for the above. I have a R93, and all of the above is true in addition the stock out of the box trigger pull is excellent. I have hunted with mine for about 10 years now, and ease of use with the straight back bolt pull is unsurpassed for user friendly too.
Posted By: BlueK9 Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 03/13/11
Okay, Mr. Elkhunter, I just have to know. You said you had a R93 for a week or so and dumped to an "unsuspecting" stooge.

Were you out drinking with Big Stick and overcome with beer goggles when you acquired it and, then, liquored-up some poor soul in efforts to take it off your hands?

There just has to be a great story there if you think the R93 uglier than a Savage 110. I can't imagine you taking the R93 home with you sober. Heck, there's even a picture in Webster's of a 110 as an example for "coyote ugly". grin

Well, I see tnis thread is a 1 year plus old now. Interesting, i just read an article review on the newer R8 (introduced March of 2010). I apologize for not remembering where I read this so I cannot provide a link to it.

But the gist was the newer R8 maintained most of the advantages of its predecessor with the exception being they run a little heavier while retaining the compactness and shorter OAL with the same length barrel than traditional bolt guns. The weight gain is due to a beefed up action which according to the author and his source has withstood over 200k psi without becoming a pipe bomb -- impressive. They also can be had in .458 Lott to .500 J.

The detachable magazine is an arguable improvement depending on one's perspective but it can still be loaded from the top of the magazine well ala the R93.

There are several models including the Professional which is a two barrel set in, IIRC, .300 Win Mag and .375 H&H. This Model has a synthetic stock and goes for someting in the neighborhood of 8k which is admittedly pretty steep in real dollars but offers a very good set-up.

Anyway, this is what a loony does on a Friday night. I might even make it to 10:30 pm but that would be pushing it. grin

By the way, I have my K95 -- mentioned above somewhere -- in 30/06. It has an octagonal barrel with the sling stud receptacle, well forward of the ebony forend tip capping off AAA wood. It too, like my former R93, is very accurate throwing 168-gr TTSXs over H4350 into .75" groups -- first load I tried and it hits 2900 fps out of its 23.6" barrel.

It weighs 6 lb, 3 oz with a Leup M8 in 4x on it, 6.5 lbs with a Z Conquest 3.5-10x aboard, and breaks down, and goes together again in 15 seconds or so. That and the fact it tucks away in my Badlands 2200 pack is very handy.

My only criticism is that it is only had with an ejector -- no extractor, which seems counter intuitive in a single shot that hunts.

The R8 is very interesting to me though.

Edited to say, eh76, I agree about Savage 110s, in about any model mainly in regard to the profile of the bolt action -- aesthetics for me.
Posted By: bucktales Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 06/30/12
Originally Posted by krupp
I bought a Blaser baseball hat. That's all i could afford....

Same here, but mine was free and free is for me.
Used a few K-95's when I hunted in Germany.Nice fit and finish, but I never killed any critters with them.
The bolt action, straight pull, Blasers are pretty cool. I bought one once. If it's going to be your only bolt action type rifle, they're great, but if you plan to use regular type bolt actions too, then you'd best not bother with the Blasers, as you will instinctively want to operate it like a standard bolt action.

Furthermore, I never really felt safe firing a straight pull bolt action. Not enough there, it seems, preventing the bolt from blowing back at you if the system failed.
Posted By: EdM Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 06/30/12
The PH's we were hunting with in Africa a week ago did not like them as they have had more than one fire when not desired. I know nothing about them and never will frankly.

I would guess operator error on that.
Posted By: Spearhead Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 06/03/21
Originally Posted by eh76

I was reading this thread, as I am really wanting a single shot and was looking more for owner experiences and thoughts and who buys one and ran across the above comment.

I’m still trying to wrap my head around why have a camouflaged rifle stock (ie: the 1k yard custom long range guns)? To each their own. I guess it’s like the people I see shopping wearing a camouflage shirt or pants. I will never understand some things and that’s fine by me.
Posted By: trplem Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 06/03/21
I imagine they're bought by the same type of tasteless twatwaffle that owns a Porsche Panamera.
Posted By: Spearhead Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 06/03/21
George, did you ever get a K95?
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Well said BlueK9; many of my experiences match yours. Plus as you mention, they are a joy to travel with. My 375 would put 270-gr TSXs in less than a .50" inches for three shots at 100 yds as long as I could point it straight.

I am very much looking forward to the K95 for many of the same reasons minus the fast repeating ability.
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 06/03/21
POS... I'll stick with my Sako's and Dakota's...
People that buy them want a quality factory rifle that doesn't have to be dick-ed with in order to shoot well. We all have a right to buy something that trips our trigger and it might not be a regular design bolt rifle.

A friend of mine has a 7mm R93 LUX and it is a thing of beauty . Handles like a dream.
I got a couple. Very accurate
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 06/03/21
The kipplaufs really draw me, but just like with fancy vehicles, I’d rather put the money into something more useful to me. If I was a traveller, one would make more sense. And let’s face it, I’ll be 70 pretty dang soon.

Another one that gets me juiced up is the Mauser M03.
Originally Posted by Spearhead
Originally Posted by eh76

I was reading this thread, as I am really wanting a single shot and was looking more for owner experiences and thoughts and who buys one and ran across the above comment.

I’m still trying to wrap my head around why have a camouflaged rifle stock (ie: the 1k yard custom long range guns)? To each their own. I guess it’s like the people I see shopping wearing a camouflage shirt or pants. I will never understand some things and that’s fine by me.

Yes sir, I did, in 30/06 and then because a rimmed cartridge seemed more fitting, I obtained a 7mmR, kind of a rimmed version of the 280 REM. It’s probably the perfect back-pack rifle, edging out the Dak model 10 because it breaks down, though I would expect the model 10 to probably being a bit quicker on a second reload and shot.

Again my experience, matched that of the R93 as to aesthetics, quality, accuracy, etc.

I did do a misprint in my above post about the K95 — it has an extractor only; no ejector. This cause a slight inconvenience for me, a lefty as the extractor rose up at the 9’oclock position of the case rim, right where the left index finger in opposition to my thumb of my left hand sought purchase of the case-head. So I had to adjust my cartridge plucking a bit.

In fact, it became quicker to tip this break-action barrel skyward and let the case fall out which seemed a little off-putting for a $3-4k (at that time) firearm.

I had the R8 too, but in beefing up the action to accommodate the “African” cartridges, Blaser lost some of the svelteness of the R93’s stocks, the pistol grip having gotten thicker, and the whole rifle heavier. That wouldn’t have been a problem except they dc’d the R93, so took away that choice except on the secondary market.

While my overall experience was very positive, I will admit to some of the aluminum receiver embellishments being a bit overboard for me including gold triggers and bolt faces on the of the more expensive models. Wood, in my experience, was mostly very good to even better.
Posted By: Spearhead Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 06/04/21
Agreed!!!
I’m looking forward to experiencing what Blaser has to offer.

Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Orange-

I took no offense really but it's big of you to realize you might have and say it. What really bugs me is it's kind of fashionable to denigrate these rifles in ignorance and miss out on what a really, fine, well thought out rifle they are.
an old thread. i am an accidental blaser owner. I did work for a gun shop that used to sell them and the owner was a huge fan. I saw how they shot and wanted one for 15 years or more. I saw them come for sale at various times and for whatever reason didn't have the money to buy a used one. no way am I paying new retail. so I started looking pretty hard for a couple years for a deal. finally found one in 7mag. with scope mount for $2200. I have no use for 7 mag so the plan was to trade it for something more interesting. So I traded the barrel for a 6.5-284. That barrel shoots 3/8" at 200 yards!!! its shot sub .5" @ 200 yards shooting one shot, removing the scope and shooting 2 more shots. the barrel is threaded and it shoots like that suppressed and its awesome to shoot with a can on it. its about like the recoil of an unsuppressed ar 15.

the shells you have you to really push hard into the mag insert, that part is kinda annoying. I think blaser should lower the price on these and they would sell quite a few more. I think they would make a great tactical rifle if they could figure out how to have extended mags on them. If I knew nothing of blasers from doing work at this gun shop, there is no way I would have ever owned one. I think they are insanely overpriced. I think the parts are insanely overpriced too. from bolt heads to barrels. there are ways around it on the used market with some effort. I still don't think I am your typical blaser guy.
Posted By: Spearhead Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 06/04/21
🙌🏻

Cummins-, I agree about price. My first two cars were less than an entry level R93, but the most noteworthy thing about them for me was the modular system. Barrel, bolts, and even bolt faces were interchangeable on the serialized stock/receiver while maintaining stellar accuracy with cartridges running the gamut from say a .222 to a 300 Wby.

You could have a right-hand rifle, buy a left-hand bolt, and slip it in the action for a right-minded kid or friend.

The other noteworthy item was Blaser’s proprietary ring/base set with with wings rotating into matching indents in the receiver, making removing and replacing simple, and quick while maintaining zero.

I don’t have them any longer as priorities change but my overall opinion of them has not changed.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 06/04/21

"Europeans love them because many European countries only allow ownership of one rifle." This is a common misconception. Many European countries have relatively liberal gun laws. A good example is France. I huntednot long ago in Finland with several European gun writers, one a French guy who regularly read American shooting magazines. Among other things, he owned almost 50 centerfire rifles, and several semiauto handguns.

Same deal in Germany--if you have enough money. It's a country with 80 million people in the same area as Montana, which has a little over a million people. There's a little public land, but almost all hunting takes place on private land, and consequently most hunters are pretty wealthy. They're used to paying a LOT more for rifles than we are, and also expect very high quality, including accuracy many Americans only expect from custom rifles. Plus, they travel a lot to hunt, so appreciate the handiness of Blasers.

I've actually shot Blasers (and other German rifles) and can appreciate their fine qualities. Don't own a Blaser now, mostly because I don't travel as much. But don't see why $1000 for another barrel is out of line, when many custom rifle companies in the U.S. charge close to that much to rebarrel a Remington 700--and the Blaser barrels are interchangeable, without any change in point of impact.

There is seemingly something American about needing a $60k truck but not demanding more than 100-year old firearm designs at the lowest of prices. And it far preceded our addiction to cheap and cheaply made Chinese goods. A generalization I know.

Your comments on the German population and German hunters is interesting. On MAPS, as you look at Europe, there is a point in the “zooming” where the highways in Germany are so densely shown as to make the rest of Europe look uninhabited.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 06/04/21
Too expensive?

Well?
Off the top of my head there are 5 Sako's in the safe tat havent
made a loud noise in over a decade. And they have some less distinguished
company.

Money? Brains?

Too tight to pony up the Bla$$er money.
But not because I really couldn't.

Bet most who bitch about similar priced guns are the same.

Guy at work wants a handgun for his wife.
Recommended a 365, Hellcat, smaller Glock...

"I ain't spending $500 for a pistol. Looking at a SCCY $300."

"Yeah, but in 5 years you can sell a good one used for what you paid.
The P.O.S. will have lost half its cost. Which is cheaper."

Pissed him off. Seems to be a common condition!
Posted By: geedubya Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 06/04/21
Is it appropriate for a Texican to use the term "Mea Culpa"?

I own and shoot Blasers.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The K95's are sweet shooters, easy to tote and quite accurate.

Top: 30-06 Springfield
Bottom, 270 Win.

and, I'm a sucker for good wood!

I've a number of iterations of the R93 including an off-road synthetic stock. One can change out barrels in a matter of minutes and scopes return to zero every time.

R93, 9.3 x 62

My current fav is a two barrel set,

R93 Grand Luxe Stutzen

30-06 Springfield and 9.3 x 62

Hoglet taken @ 176 yds with 180 gr. Cor-Lokts LOL, 30-06 Barrel.

ya!

GW

Posted By: High_Noon Re: Who buys Blaser rifles? - 06/04/21
Didn't WLP use a Blaser on his elephant hunt? I don't remember exactly.

My Ph in Namibia, an old German naturally, had the R93’s precursor: the R84.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
© 24hourcampfire