Home
Go, Sarah!!

http://video.foxnews.com/v/954024684001/sarah-palins-take-on-israel-2012
Still not sure she is presidential material but she sure has come a long way in a short time.
If she will just keep on harassing the right people then she will be serving our country well.

Reckon she's gonna be an Arizona senator?
I would not rule it out.
I like Sarah Palin and I hope she is right about BHO.
I like her too but still do not think the people of thec country are ready to elect her.

She was a neighbor to my niece and the served on the school PTA together. My niece, whom I respect and trust, says she is a wonderful lady.
I like her too but still do not think the people of thec country are ready to elect her.

Based on what?
Actually Bear, it is just my feelings that tell me that. I may be wrong, it sure has happened in the past. Heck, I believed Nixon was telling the truth.

If she was elected and totally blew the job it would still be a thousand percent better than what we have now.

Like I said, she has come a long way is a short time. I like what she says and that she is not afraid to say it. If she made it through the primaries I she would have mu support and vote. Depending on who would run against her I might vote for her in the primary. I just want to make darned sure we don't get four more years of the chosen one. sick

And last but not least. I am still wanting West to step to the plate.
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Based on what?

I would say based on the ignorance of too many people. I think she is great but there are too many libs and other types of idiots in the republican party.

One can always hope, though.
it is just my feelings that tell me that

OK. as long as it isn't the media telling you wink They'll do that ya know. Remember when they told you cigarettes would make you look cool; well now obama's all cool and chit.

Facts stops liberals in their tracks.
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
If she will just keep on harassing the right people then she will be serving our country well.

NO

The other night Gov. Palin told Hannity what she was looking for in the GOP field of candidates:
�looking for others who are ready to go rogue and fight against the machine on both sides of the aisle in order to get the economy back on the right track�� She said she intends to �make sure that we have a candidate out there with Tea Party principles, understanding that we are taxed enough already.�
[�]
�every one of us � not just potential candidates, everyone of us as human beings � we bring strengths and weaknesses to the table,� and �there is still a lot of work to be done on each one of our parts to finally see that line-up solidified.�
[�]
�Sean, we need to look at every one of this potential candidates and declared candidates records. See if they�ve had opportunity to veto overspending in their city or their state and some governing body. See if they�ve seized the opportunity to save other people�s money and not squander it. See if they�ve had opportunity to go to the mat in protecting second amendment rights and every constitutional rights. See if they have in their own personal lives lived a physically and socially conservative life and really walked the walk not just talk the talk, if that is really important to you as the one doing the assessing of these candidates.�

Sarah Palin has just characterized Gov. Palin.
Right on!!
Nice job Sarah... Barry must really really hate her.
She's still hot!

Also, did a nice job with that interview. I like and endorse her mission!
I wished I liked her more. I just don't like the celebrity type. I think she has some great ideas, but if she gets out of her comfort zone I am not sure she can keep her mouth shut. I suppose with the right people around her she could do fine. No disrespect intended just my opinion. And yes she is a good looking lady! smile
Originally Posted by Scott F
Still not sure she is presidential material but she sure has come a long way in a short time.
She's more presidential than a POS
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

THAT"S what's wrong with her -she's smart (answers accurately) and honest( answers instantly) but most american women don't want their hubbies looking at her 4 yrs and comparing her to them.

NO

The other night Gov. Palin told Hannity what she was looking for in the GOP field of candidates:
“looking for others who are ready to go rogue and fight against the machine on both sides of the aisle in order to get the economy back on the right track…” She said she intends to “make sure that we have a candidate out there with Tea Party principles, understanding that we are taxed enough already.”
[…]
“every one of us — not just potential candidates, everyone of us as human beings — we bring strengths and weaknesses to the table,” and “there is still a lot of work to be done on each one of our parts to finally see that line-up solidified.”
[…]
“Sean, we need to look at every one of this potential candidates and declared candidates records. See if they’ve had opportunity to veto overspending in their city or their state and some governing body. See if they’ve seized the opportunity to save other people’s money and not squander it. See if they’ve had opportunity to go to the mat in protecting second amendment rights and every constitutional rights. See if they have in their own personal lives lived a physically and socially conservative life and really walked the walk not just talk the talk, if that is really important to you as the one doing the assessing of these candidates.”

Sarah Palin has just characterized Gov. Palin.
Originally Posted by eyeball
She's more presidential than a POS that we have in office now.

Added a little.
she's smart and honest, but most american women can't stand the thought of her on tv 4 years and their hubbies comparing them to her.
+1,000
Originally Posted by eyeball
She's more presidential than a POS

The first woman governor of Alaska and the youngest has warned Obama:
�You ignored us in 2010 but you cannot ignore us in 2012.�

And Gov. Palin told the Tea Party:

�The 2012 election begins here.
We will take the courage and the integrity that you showed all of America.
We will fight for America.
And it starts here in Madison, Wisconsin.
It starts here.
It starts now.
Mr. President, Game On!�

Based on what?

I'd say that based on the fact that she is not the same old type of politician we have let run this country into the ground for the past 70 years.

People keep putting Palin down because she is different. I say that it's time we tried something different from what we've been doing. As for 'hope and change', I hope the country comes to its senses and change some of the pitiful excuses for 'leaders' that we've been electing.....make that they've been electing because I've not voted for many winners in my life.

Edited to add: Oops. I didn't read the response properly and it appears that I disagreed with W4B... I agree with him...my bad. blush
I'm afraid that Sarah just doesn't have enough testosterone for the moderates on here. No their looking for someone that has a pair weather they are capable of using them or not.
Of all the ways Palin is different; the one that puts me so firmly in her corner is the way she has taken on the GOP elites, the RINOs as well as Obama and the Leftwing Mafia.

The way she beat the GOP incumbent in Alaska and won the Governorship in a landslide.

And the way Palin, the private citizen, helped the Tea Party kick out a bunch of RINOs at the national level as well as hand Obama his first landslide loss.

She seems like a jonny-come-lately type who runs to the head of the line and cuts in to lead rather than somebody who was at the head of the line with people following. That is no different than most politicians though...but that is where I differ as far as her being "different". I see her as catering to a segment of the population best described as "Tea Partiers". There's nothing wrong with that as the RINO's and Commies damned sure aren't catering to any of us. Still, it seems that there is a difference between catering to and being one of, and at this point, I see her as in the former camp.

Of the realistic choices right now, you have Ron Paul, Sarah Palin, Mitt Romney and Newt. Newt is almost out and Romney is a RINO. I would vote for either Palin or Paul with Paul as my first choice. I question whether the elites will ever allow either one to get in a position to run against Hussein. Either is enough different than the same McClown, Bobdole, fillintheblank Bush, that they could beat the Commie-in-Chief, but I can't see either getting the nomination.

The Palinites are successors to the Paultards, newer, younger, sexier, but no more electable.

Romney will be the nominee.
Romney = 4 more years of Obama. He might be electable in Mass. but not in flyover country.
I believe that the 22nd Amendment pretty much assures that she is correct.
Congratulations, the I think we just broke a record. At least 1,000 "Sarah can't win, yes she can, no she can't, based on what, yadda yadda" threads. Let's move on. There's no point in arguing about it if she doesn't announce she's running. If she does, she'll either do great or look like an amateur in the debates. And we'll know then. These little, prearranged TV interviews don't mean squat. She needs to be able to compete live with tough liberal biased media questions against the King of deception. No one will know whether she can muster the goods until she friggin commits.
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas
I wish that sorry bastard would pull his lip up over his head and swallow hard. A proven loser and always will be.

Unfortunately "Flyover Country" doesn't contain many votes.

The next (or continuing) President will be elected not by us on the right or those on the left but by those in the vapid middle.

The Palinites are successors to the Paultards, newer, younger, sexier, but no more electable.

A closet lefty couldn't have hoped for anyone better. The Lefys would live with him because they still would have

ROMEYCARE!

Unfortunately "Flyover Country" doesn't contain many votes.

The next (or continuing) President will be elected not by us on the right or those on the left but by those in the vapid middle.
Flyover country indeed doesn't have nearly as many electors per capita as states such as Cali, New York, Mass, Pennsylvania and some others. That said, who do you think elected Dubya to two terms? There is a lot more flyover country than there is whatever y'all term what is left.

http://www.npr.org/news/specials/election2008/2008-election-map.html#/president?view=race00
Originally Posted by amax155
Romney = 4 more years of Obama. He might be electable in Mass. but not in flyover country.

Stolen from the Palinistas:

Myth Romney in Massachusetts:

�Tim Pawlenty won reelection in 2006 by the skin of his teeth, less than one half of one per cent. He is no political power house if, as an incumbent with no scandal, he can BARELY hold his seat against a no name Democrat challenger. Had it not been for the Green Party siphoning off Democrat votes, Pawlenty would have lost.

Huckabee, who was Lieutenant Governor, backed into the Governor�s Mansion in 1996 when the previous governor went to jail. He managed to hold it through the salad years of Clinton�s impeachment and Bush�s early ascendancy, but the polls In Arkansas showed him losing badly in the big Democrat year of 2006, so he tucked tail and took his traveling medicine show out West to run for President.

Mitt Romney similarly saw his poll numbers so low that his defeat for reelection in 2006 was all but certain. Rather than face certain defeat and the end of his Presidential ambitions, Romney followed the same path as Huckabee.�

I'm still predicting Romney will be the nominee, however I have not yet endorsed anyone.
How can she still be addressed as "Govenor"?
Didn't she quit the position?

If you break your oath, don't you give up the title?

Will she quit as POTUS when the chit hits the fan?
No, because she will never get farther than reality TV.
Originally Posted by ColsPaul
How can she still be addressed as "Govenor"?
Didn't she quit the position?

If you break your oath, don't you give up the title?

Will she quit as POTUS when the chit hits the fan?
No, because she will never get farther than reality TV.
...I was here/there when she steped down ..(1/2 mil in lawsuits)..I did not see a quitter.....but I did see and talk to "alot" of the media that was running around the park looking for dirt...3-5 protesters in a crowd of 5000+..the "press" had a camra jam'ed up there nose's so it looked like a crowd of "bs sign waviers".........
Coming from a temporary Governor that means a lot. I wish to heck that there was a good Republican choice. I just don't see one out there.
I don't see how folks think Palin can overcome the perception she's a quitter. Deserved or not, it would take a minor miracle to get the millions who don't closely follow politics to see her in any other light.
Originally Posted by BeanMan
... I wish to heck that there was a good Republican choice. I just don't see one out there.

I agree. There is a definite shortage of leaders these days - statesmen (in the sense of people who can work to bring people together for the good of all) if you will.
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by BeanMan
... I wish to heck that there was a good Republican choice. I just don't see one out there.

I agree. There is a definite shortage of leaders these days - statesmen (in the sense of people who can work to bring people together for the good of all) if you will.

Sadly, this is nothing new either.
All Presidents are "temporary"... at least, until Hussein tries to officially become caesar.
Originally Posted by rrroae
I don't see how folks think Palin can overcome the perception she's a quitter. Deserved or not, it would take a minor miracle to get the millions who don't closely follow politics to see her in any other light.

You have a point.

Not just those who don�t follow politics, but what about those here on the Campfire who continue to ignore or can�t comprehend the reasons Governor Palin resigned?

How many times, by how many different posters have the good, rational and smart, and honest reasons why Savvy Sarah resigned been posted?

How many times has it been explained why Sarah Palin is still addressed as Governor Palin?

To those who don�t have a clue that Richard Nixon is still President Nixon?
And he was a crook.

Your other point.

Governor Palin will overcome her negative and false perceptions the same way Reagan overcame his [bleep] movie and his grade B western movie image.

Governor Palin has that same ability to reach out and directly touch people.
To reach out and over and thru the LSM just as Reagan did.

She proved that in Alaska and again on the national stage in 2008.

�Sarah Palin has proven, time and again, that she is the biggest draw in the GOP field. In 2008, it became so embarrassing for McCain that he had to begin holding rallies at the same location as Palin because he was barely filling classrooms and she was having venues changed to accommodate bigger crowds. Enthusiasm goes a long way, and is there any other candidate that could pack the house in a way that Palin could?�

Neither Palin nor Reagan ever gave a damn about what others thought.
Not the press, not the enemy on the Left, and certainly not the Good Old Boys Club in the Republican elite.

Just a bit stubborn those two and we all would be wise to listen to what they said about letting our enemies pick our gladiator in the arena.

Governor Palin has been saying quite a bit about that recently since the Gingrich detour.

�I don�t know why politicians have to apologize after getting dinged in a 24-hour news cycle,� Governor Palin said on Hannity. Gov. Palin added �We should ignore some of these reporters, use new social media and fair and balanced reporters and don�t play the lamestream media�s game.�

That using �new social Media� is something I know little about, but Sarah is way ahead of the pack in that area.

Governor Palin will overcome her negative and false perceptions the same way Reagan overcame his [bleep] movie and his grade B western movie image.

I don't think so Bow.

She resigned her Alaskan governorship and that's not going to resonate well with a lot of folks when it comes time to give her their vote for the most powerful position in the world. It's an issue she'll be hammered on relentlessly because it's, for the most part, true.

Even saying folks could get past her resignation of office, I thinks there's a more pressing problem within the GOP. The base seems fractured between social conservatives and fiscal small government conservatives. Social conservatives are usually both but many of the small government proponents, including Tea Party backers, aren't very thrilled with government legislation morality. No matter which side of the isle it comes from.

Which fraction wins out and will the other side accept it? From where I sit, it doesn't look pretty.
Palin quit.

When the going got tough; she packed her schit and split.

For any good she might have or be able to do, she cut and ran.

No thanks.

If the magic muslim can be elected...
Originally Posted by sactoller

That, was based entirely on race.
What Palin did was leave the Alaska Statehouse to set and support the national agenda of the Tea Party and conservative issues in general. That's hardly "quitting" when you go center stage into the national fray just when we needed it. Some of you guys who I normally agree with on things are just confused on this. The rest are hopeless progressives at best or more likely pinko-commies and fellow travelers. smile
Was she, or was she not, an elected governor in the middle (i.e., with years to go) on her term when she left that office?

The answer is, yes, she was. She quit.
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Was she, or was she not, an elected governor in the middle (i.e., with years to go) on her term when she left that office?

No matter how or why she left, even if for legitimate purposes, she didn't fulfill her elected obligation and that's going to be a problem for some no matter how well you explain it.

...for a higher calling. That's moving up, not quitting.
Originally Posted by toltecgriz

...for a higher calling. That's moving up, not quitting.

That higher calling was money and celebrity nothing more, nothing less. She saw an opportunity to make BIG bucks, and took it to the bank.

Sarah.... Lets see.... She was the one who helped McCain get his ass kicked 2 years ago? She is a lady!

�but what about those here on the Campfire who continue to ignore or can�t comprehend the reasons Governor Palin resigned?�

Maybe I should have said; those who have an anti-Palin agenda and never let the obvious truth get in their way�

Of all the sound solid reasons why Governor Palin resigned that have been posted here on the �Fire-over and over again-this is the best�

Someone on the Internet named Jesse Cornish responded with this and I posted it here:
�That echoes a lot of mine own thoughts. Like any wise military commander, she retreated from an untenable position where she was simply getting pummeled and possessed little capability of striking back. She then regrouped and launched a counteroffensive that surprised an overconfident enemy who already thought they had won. She stands victorious and in a far stronger position to effect positive change and elect commonsense conservatives. She truly is Warrior for the Conservative Cause and while others hunker in the trenches, protected from enemy fire, she braves no man�s land and storms the enemy lines.�

Well said-indeed.

Second place goes to:
�A Palin aide was quoted as saying Palin was "no longer able to do the job she had been elected to do. Essentially, the taxpayers were paying for Sarah to go to work every day and defend herself.�

Tied for second:
�Well she could have just stayed in office like Kerry, Clinton, Obama or Gore and took her pay for doing nothing like the others did. But maybe if you write a book travel around get a little exposure on you own dime and some private help rather than forcing the tax payer to pay the bill again. Hmm a novel idea one that scares the crap out of the left doing it on your own. No the lefty's want the free ride and this is chiding them too the bone.�

And:
Governor Palin outsmarted Obama and his band of hired thugs though, when she resigned. By resigning, Obama and his thugs were no longer able to terrorize the Alaskan people. They were also no longer able to bankrupt Sarah personally
Chicago thuggery at it�s finest.

When Old Man McCain tapped Sarah on the shoulder, she outgrew Alaska and moved onto the national stage. There is no looking back.

Originally Posted by sactoller

That, was based entirely on race.

As it will be again. In our case, a house divided will fall once again.

Other than the timing, how is that any different than any other canidate that chooses to run for President? If she chooses to run, then I would say this particular point is moot.
�Andrew Jackson resigned his US Senate seat on October 14, 1825, after two years, seven months, and ten days in that six-year term. For those keeping score, that�s a dozen days fewer than Sarah Palin served of her four-year term as Governor of Alaska. He won the 1828 election for President, the first to do so in the �Democratic Party� faction he formed from the �Democratic-Republican Party�. So the next time you hear a Democrat talk about a �quitter�, remind them about Old Hickory.� E3 Gazette 7/29/09
Originally Posted by northwestalaska

Sarah.... Lets see.... She was the one who helped McCain get his ass kicked 2 years ago? She is a lady!

�Sarah Palin has proven, time and again, that she is the biggest draw in the GOP field. In 2008, it became so embarrassing for McCain that he had to begin holding rallies at the same location as Palin because he was barely filling classrooms and she was having venues changed to accommodate bigger crowds. Enthusiasm goes a long way, and is there any other candidate that could pack the house in a way that Palin could?�
Yup she is a cutie! How about a Bachman/Palin team? The all American estrogen match up.
Do the "Palin quit" guys feel the same way when a sitting governor is appointed by the president to a post within the fed govt? ie. Huntsman to China, Kempthorne to Interior, Leavitt to EPA............etc.
If she looked like Rosie O' Donald, she would have been forgotten 2 years and five months ago.
If she thought like Rosie O'Donnell, no one would have ever heard of her to start with.
smile

Bows---That may be true. Problem is she was filling those "locations" with people who would have voted for McCain anyway and alienating the center from whence victory is wrest.
Palin quit.

No thanks.

She owed attorneys 600k for trumped up ethics violations. You're an attorney, thats probably pocket change for you, but how far would you go before quitting? I presume you'd risk it all right?

She did right to quit, now that 600k is pocket change.

I hear tell she just paid 1.5 million cash for a house in Arizona. Now why would a Mama Grizzly from Alaska want to move to Arizona?

I hear tell she just paid 1.5 million cash for a house in Arizona. Now why would a Mama Grizzly from Alaska want to move to Arizona?

She quit before she made millions, ya putz. Instead of smoking that chit, have you tried it anally?

Reports: Sarah Palin buying $1.6M Arizona house with a view to the White House

Sunday, May 22, 2011: According to both Fox News and the Arizona Republic, today, Sarah Palin may be buying a home with a gorgeous view in Scottsdale, Arizona - and that view is to the White House.
Jennifer Parks, ABC, spotted the home that speculation says may be the future $1.6 million Palin campaign compound in north Scottsdale, Arizona. On four acres, a local realtor describes it as "a low-key area" with almost 8,000 square feet, a breathtaking view and plenty of privacy.
The head of Arizona's Republican Party and his wife are hopeful, reminding Parks, that Palin's daughter, Bristol, already lives there.
Parks reports that that couple thinks the Valley is "exactly the place for Mama Grizzly to launch her 2012 bid for the presidency."

Not everyone will feel that supportive.
Remember, it was Barbara Bush who said that she hoped Sarah Palin would stay in Alaska when Larry King asked Barbara if she thought Sarah Palin would seek the presidency.
At that time, the unbecoming, somewhat snide remark, transcribed below in its entirety, was talked of for days:

BARBARA BUSH: Well, I sat next to her once - thought she was beautiful. And I think she is very happy in Alaska and uh, I hope she'll stay there
Sarah Palin is not one of the blue-blood elitist Republicans; instead, Palin is a Washington outsider, with star appeal among the Tea Party grass root organization and unequaled conservative populace appeal.
Now that not one, but two fence-straddling conservatives, Mitch Daniels and Mike Huckabee, have announced they will not run, this latest news that Sarah Palin may be breaking political ground in Arizona is sure to startle the Washington insiders - who all fervently hope Palin will not run.
By Devonia Smith Political Transcripts Examiner
Any of the Republican hopefuls is way better than the progressive fascist in office now.

She quit before she made millions, ya putz. Instead of smoking that chit, have you tried it anally?

She quit TO make millions. She is a most avaricious little girl. Good on her, I would have quit in the same circumstance.

Instead of spouting nonsense, try smoking it.

I don't think so Bow.

She resigned her Alaskan governorship and that's not going to resonate well with a lot of folks .......... From where I sit, it doesn't look pretty.
WELL !!..She aint the only one ; Nov 13, 2008 � (CNN) - President-elect Barack Obama has announced that he will officially resign his Senate seat as of this Sunday. I'm sure she can jump that fence, and she has a fire that the others seem to lack we need a cross between trump & palin...bockman?...

BHO resigned to run for the Presidency. She resigned to run for TV. Big difference.
�Andrew Jackson resigned his US Senate seat on October 14, 1825, after two years, seven months, and ten days in that six-year term. For those keeping score, that�s a dozen days fewer than Sarah Palin served of her four-year term as Governor of Alaska. He won the 1828 election for President, the first to do so in the �Democratic Party� faction he formed from the �Democratic-Republican Party�. So the next time you hear a Democrat talk about a �quitter�, remind them about Old Hickory.� E3 Gazette 7/29/09

Yeah, BOW.

Guess she was great in the military, killed the schitt outta hostiles and won The Battle of New Orleans while she was at it in Ak. Good relevance there.
Yeah, Old Hickory war record before he became a Senator has a lot of relevance to him quitting the Senate to run for President???

He quit! He�s a Quitter!

But nobody ever told him that to his face.

Not while they were within gunshot range.

BHO resigned to run for the Presidency. She resigned to run for TV. Big difference.

I'm scratching my head wondering how folks can make that correlation.

Not even in the same ballpark.
Governor Palin resigned to run for President.

She said so in her first book.

From last page of her book:

�I can�t help but think of Michigan--the state where I �went rogue� trying to reach out during the campaign.
[�]
I�ve been asked a lot lately, �Where are you going next?� Good question!
[�]
I�m thinking when I get back I�ll bake the kids a cake.
And I�ll pull out a road map-I want to show Piper the way to Michigan.

The only thing left to do is make it official.
So she quit her post as elected governor of Alaska so she could run for president but then had all kinds of time to do tv shows.

Come'on Bow, you're reaching on this one.
So she quit her post as elected governor of Alaska so she could run for president but then had all kinds of time to do tv shows.

Come'on Bow, you're reaching on this one.

Do you know the real reason she stepped down? I think you're the one reaching.
Governor Palin resigned to run for President.

She said so in her first book.

From last page of her book:

�I can�t help but think of Michigan--the state where I �went rogue� trying to reach out during the campaign.
[�]
I�ve been asked a lot lately, �Where are you going next?� Good question!
[�]
I�m thinking when I get back I�ll bake the kids a cake.
And I�ll pull out a road map-I want to show Piper the way to Michigan.

The only thing left to do is make it official.

Bows---That doesn't make a whiff of sense. Michigan? Bake a cake for the kids? Tell me that means she is running for anything except an appearance on Hannitty and I'll know she sent you another pair of panties to sniff. Get over it, she ain't never going to be your grind.
I repeat: Palin said so in her own words.

Maybe you should read my new post about her new movie premiering in Iowa next month�
The fact that you don�t understand the importance of Michigan to Sarah in the 2008 campaign is not my problem.

Maybe you should read her book and my new post about her new movie premiering in Iowa next month�
You Palin supporters are such suckers! She throws a crumb and you nuts start a feed frenzy!

She is all about the cash and being Prez does not pay well enough!
The fact that you don�t understand the importance of Michigan to Sarah in the 2008 campaign is not my problem.

Maybe you should read her book and my new post about her new movie premiering in Iowa next month�

I've scanned enough of her book to know that I don't want to waste time reading the whole mess. It is a poorly written screed aimed at gushy girls and boys of eighth grade mentality.

However it sold in the millions, so as a publisher, all I can say is I wish I had published it.

What was/is the importance of Michigan? I thought she was moving to Arizona to be with Brisilltoes or Trigger or whoever.
You Palin supporters are such suckers! She throws a crumb and you nuts start a feed frenzy!

The only thing she has offered is smaller government; something you tit suckers know nothing about. She layed off her kitchen staff while governor to save Alaskans money, show me any liberal who as done as much.

Laid off her kitchen staff? That's like Jerry Brown eliminating the Governor's Wife's Staff. He did and I just showed you a Liberal, "...who has done as much".
Please... Palin laid off the kitchen staff because she spent all of her time in the Valley rather than living in Juneau. Also keep in mind that she charged the state a butt load of $$ for Per-dium while living in her home becaise she refused to live in Juneau.

Always keep in mind that her best accomplishment was the huge TAX INCREASE that she dumped on the oil industry. This is the same Palin who clains that she is for smaller government with less taxes. Also keep in mind that Big oil stopped almost all investment in new oil finds in this state after she dumped the new tax upon them and Parnell has worked 100% to repeal Palin's TAX INCREASE after she quit to make money.

Oh... Palin is all about the State and its people... if she can make money in the process.
Or to put it a different way�

So what have you guys done with all the money�all that state surplus�

�Atlantic Monthly's Joshua Green recounts how Palin took on the entrenched oil interests, which essentially ran the state and did a masterful job of keeping their taxes low (for one thing, they eliminated the state's corporate income tax).
Palin won the governorship by going after the corruption the oil industry left in its wake, particularly among the GOP political establishment.

And, as governor, when she couldn't get Republicans to pass her tough tax proposals through the Legislature, she turned to Democrats for help.
Palin reportedly even rebuffed pleas from Vice President Dick Cheney to go easy on the oil companies, which argued that the tax would be a job-killer.

The result was a tax measure that is now producing a record bonanza for Alaska. And despite the low oil prices we had during much of the recession and the crash in the timber market (remember, Alaska also has a timber industry), Alaska's unemployment rate has remained below the national average over most of the downturn.

Without a doubt, Alaska would be in good shape financially even without Palin's tax measure, now that oil prices are over $100 a barrel. But Green says the $12 billion surplus might only be a third of what it is, or even less.

The tale is much more complicated, and Green talks about what it was in Palin's character that led her to take on the oil companies - and then to turn sharply to the political right as McCain's vice-presidential pick.
But her story is a reminder that a lot of politics is situational, and that just when you think you know a politician, you can be surprised.�

And this�

May 21, 2009, Juneau, Alaska � Governor Palin today signed six bills but most importantly the FY2010 Operating Budget & the FY2010 Capital Budget. �We submitted a responsible, fiscally conservative budget,� Governor Palin said. �Given the current revenue outlook and economic conditions, we must focus on providing essential public services, while continuing to invest in communities and resource development that will fuel our economy in the future.

The operating budget bill totals $8.7 billion (down from $11.1 billion) and includes funding for public education, the university, public health and safety, transportation, and resource development. �We have taken significant steps to slow government growth and achieve savings in the current fiscal year,� Governor Palin said. �This administration takes fiscal responsibility seriously and reducing expenditures will extend the life of our savings accounts.�

The capital budget bill, SB 75, which totals $1.87 billion (down from $3.6 billion), was also signed today. �This capital budget contains a number of projects, including transportation, schools, and public safety, which will help communities across the state improve infrastructure and bolster the economy,� said Palin. �With the robust capital budgets of the past two years and this capital spending bill, Alaskans will see many improvements and additional job opportunities.� �I appreciate the legislators working with us on the budget during these challenging economic times,� Governor Palin said. �The conservative spending plan I signed today will provide basic government services, leverage additional federal and other funds, and make a significant investment in Alaska�s future.�

Governor Palin was also handed a state with run-away spending and one of her 1st mandates was to create a rainy day fund. Today that amounts to $6 billion is reserves for the State of Alaska.
Blow Job!

Wipe you chin for god sakes!
nice rebuttal Walt, way to take him down point for point. (sheesh)

tis evident you and Spano and Browndogchit and a few others despise Palin.

some here like her, Bowsinger is a big fan.

can we leave it at that?
Palin quit.

No thanks.

You are usually on the mark but you don't have a clue regarding Sarah's resignation. Funny but Sarah embodies the philosophies of most here on the fire yet so many want to find an idiotic rationalization or no reason at all to say she can't win. She has the guts to go head to head with the left on a daily basis and keep on swinging. What have all of you naysayers done to try and turn this country around?
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
What Palin did was leave the Alaska Statehouse to set and support the national agenda of the Tea Party and conservative issues in general. That's hardly "quitting" when you go center stage into the national fray just when we needed it. Some of you guys who I normally agree with on things are just confused on this. The rest are hopeless progressives at best or more likely pinko-commies and fellow travelers. smile

+100

No matter how or why she left, even if for legitimate purposes, she didn't fulfill her elected obligation and that's going to be a problem for some no matter how well you explain it.

Where is it written that an elected official cannot resign?

You have no idea why she resigned. But you certainly are a legend in your own mind.
Blow Job!

misogyny
mi�sog�y�ny [mi s�jjənee]
n
hatred of women: a hatred of women, as a sexually defined group

misogynist
n
a misanthrope, especially a man, who dislikes women in particular

woman hater - a misanthrope who dislikes women in particular
misogynist
misanthrope, misanthropist - someone who dislikes people in general

She is all about the cash and being Prez does not pay well enough!

But of course! Its just the cash...

It must be mere coincident�That could be the only reason that�

The Undefeated is set to premiere next month in Iowa, then South Carolina, then New Hampshire and Nevada and after that; nationwide.

What other possible reason could there be for choosing those early primary states?

Now about that tax increase?

If the perky one cannot engender much support amongst those around this simple fire how do you think she might capture the votes of the vast middle which will decide the election?

I do believe the Paultards have found a new morass to wallow in.
Blow Job!

misogyny
mi�sog�y�ny [mi s�jjənee]
n
hatred of women: a hatred of women, as a sexually defined group

misogynist
n
a misanthrope, especially a man, who dislikes women in particular

woman hater - a misanthrope who dislikes women in particular
misogynist
misanthrope, misanthropist - someone who dislikes people in general

No chance! I love your wife!

Now about that tax increase?

If the perky one cannot engender much support amongst those around this simple fire how do you think she might capture the votes of the vast middle which will decide the election?

I do believe the Paultards have found a new morass to wallow in.

�Atlantic Monthly's Joshua Green recounts how Palin took on the entrenched oil interests, which essentially ran the state and did a masterful job of keeping their taxes low (for one thing, they eliminated the state's corporate income tax).
I saw the Interview....

I like her but I don�t think she can win�

In my view when she quit her job as Governor she killed her chances�

That said, I would vote for a cat if it ran against Obwan

I would certainly vote for her in the unfortunate circumstance of her nomination. I would then fall into a deep depression as I watched her lose in a landslide of biblical proportions.
© 24hourcampfire