Home
Posted By: VAnimrod Canucks riot after losing cup - 06/16/11
Oops....

Kinda contradicts a lot of crap BCBrian was spewing, doesn't it?

Car fires in chaotic Vancouver after loss
Updated: June 16, 2011, 2:42 AM ET
Associated Press
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2011/news/story?id=6666608

IIRC it's not the first time that the 'fans' have done this!
Nope, it's not.

But, Brian was assuring us (in his usual arrogant, holier-than-thou manner) that Canucks were so special and different that such would be nigh impossible.

Guess he was wrong.... again.
As usual...
Buncha morons..
They need to smoke some pot.
Idiotic behavior.
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Nope, it's not.

But, Brian was assuring us (in his usual arrogant, holier-than-thou manner) that Canucks were so special and different that such would be nigh impossible.

Brian will be along as soon as he makes bail from last night's activity.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Nope, it's not.

Brian will be along as soon as he makes bail from last night's activity.

Yep.

Fully anticipating his anti-American vitriol to be in full boil now.
Damned Bostonians started it.
Posted By: RWE Re: Canucks riot after losing cup - 06/16/11
It was the interlopers from the Seattle suburbs that caused all the problems.

Guaranfockingtee it.

If'n they had, and they'd been Southees, there'd be nothing left of Vancouver, except a smoldering pile of rubble and heaps of bodies.
yeah....but....you might be pissed too... after twenty years of ass whoopins laugh
BC will either avoid this like the USA hating chickenchit bastid he is, or make BS excuses that some how blame America for it. Media influence or some such BS
Don't sports hooligans usually go on a rampage after their team WINS a championship?
It's Bush's fault.
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Don't sports hooligans usually go on a rampage after their team WINS a championship?

Steve,

If Canadians followed that rule they would only have a nice riot every 500,000 years or so. Duh!

Travis

If'n they had, and they'd been Southees, there'd be nothing left of Vancouver, except a smoldering pile of rubble and heaps of bodies.

Years past,the Mob would have come in with an advance guard to take out the leaders before the game.....the Southees would mop up after that.... smile
I suspect that better than 75% of the hooligans involved were actually students of Brian.

Oddly enough, after being arrested, many of them started praying.
Losers. The rioters, I mean.
Oh, look....

Such "peaceful" Canucks.....

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2011/06/world/hires.vancouver.riots/index.html?hpt=hp_c1
Obviously they need more minorities.

Canada is just too white & therefore evil.
Posted By: JOG Re: Canucks riot after losing cup - 06/16/11
Originally Posted by BarryC
Obviously they need more minorities.

A black guy rioting over a hockey game? Don't mess with my head...
Oops....

Associated Press

I guess they think it is an English soccer tournament

Liberals are very frustrated people. Think of the last handful of riots you can recall. Did they happen in what you would term a liberal area/city?
I was pulling for Vancouver because I have some friends up there. What they did after the game in the arena and outside is a disgrace.

Mike
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
Liberals are very frustrated people. Think of the last handful of riots you can recall. Did they happen in what you would term a liberal area/city?

Vancouver? Check.
New Orleans? Check.
Los Angeles? Check.
Detroit? Check.
Madison? Check.
But say I'm reading this whole thread and wheres the Brain when you really need him?

Yeah, but Vancouver is like the Vikings, they don't win so ya gotta riot sometime. laugh

Vancouver? Check.
New Orleans? Check.
Los Angeles? Check.
Detroit? Check.
Madison? Check.

Hell, anytime the tarheels take a digger, the only folks to riot are students (check).

The oldtimers around here just say, "Oh well" spit out a chew, and go on about their business....
If someone told me that Miami would lose the NBA championship in Miami, and Vancouver would loose the Stanley Cup in Vancouver, and only one of the cities would riot. I would not have picked Vancouver.

Shows real class to be out classed by Miami....
Posted By: byc Re: Canucks riot after losing cup - 06/16/11
I'm stunned!! Even more graphic detail here:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/06/16/photos-riots-fire-destruction-after-vancouvers-loss/
The most disappointing thing is the deafening boos when the cup presentation was underway.

Nashville was penalized as classless when Modano hit his 500th goal or something and tootoo leveled him in a legal hit. Booing a team that took the best team in the league to 7 games and whooped em fair and square is even more classless
I think they were booing Bettman. They gave Thomas a well deserved ovation, which I thought was classy.
Yes, they were booing Bettman and they also booed Chara but I don't think he cared much.

I'm not in the least bit surprised by the rioting in Vancouver, i've been reading blogs and Canuck fan websites for the last 2 weeks and the majority of them are arrogant, self centered bastids. I would wish a SC championship for Montreal before I would Vancouver, and as an avid Boston fan, one just doesnt root for the Canadiens.

Vancouver? Check.
New Orleans? Check.
Los Angeles? Check.
Detroit? Check.
Madison? Check.

New Orleans hasn't had a riot in decades, unless you count Mardi Gras....which sort of qualifies.

Post-hurricane looting is a whole 'nother thing.

Absolutely no violence after Saints won Super Bowl, BTW.
After the Bruins won and just before the crowd were chanting I think "go back home". The boo's during the Conn Smythe and Stanley Cup presentation were classless IMO. I don't even recall anything close to that from the fans during the heated Avalanche and Red Wing rivalries in the past.

Vancouver? Check.
New Orleans? Check.
Los Angeles? Check.
Detroit? Check.
Madison? Check.

New Orleans hasn't had a riot in decades, unless you count Mardi Gras....which sort of qualifies.

Post-hurricane looting is a whole 'nother thing.

Was thinking Katrina.

That, alone, puts NO in a special class.
NO was in a 'special class' long before Katrina.
The porta potty and the flash bang nut shot are priceless!!

Mike
GOOD ONE!!
Posted By: RVB Re: Canucks riot after losing cup - 06/16/11
They were booing Bettman, and for good reason.

The fans gave Thomas the respect he deserved.
Did you hear them cheer for Lucic?? I was quite surprised by that knowing that he's a Vancouver boy and playing for the enemy.
Wow!That's far worse than anything I have ever seen back here.

I think Vancouver has some serious issues with a lot of their young people today.......they were just hooligans looking for an excuse to create desruction.....and I suspect the same things would have happened if Vancouver had won...

No moral compass whatsoever.....what a friggin' disgrace.

He played a big part in winning the Memorial Cup with the Giants 4-5 years ago. Plus who doesn't like his style of play?
damn, who would have thunk it? Canucks acting like Greeks. shocked
Smiling and taking pictures as they destroy. When they identify these punks they should destroy everything they own before sending them to jail.
Or make them work through their lunch hour w/o pay.
O Canada! We'll burn our home and land!
True patriot-love in all thy goons' command.
With glowing fires we see thee rise,
The True North bongs for free!
We'll burn you down, O Canada,
We stand on cars for thee.

Chorus
O Canada, furious and free!
O Canada, we stand on cars, we set them on fire for thee.
O Canada, we stand on cars for thee.

O Canada! where flames and smoke grow,
Great riots spread, and cowardly crowds flow.
We'll burn you down thy broad domain,
From East to Western sea.
The land of dope for all who toil,
The True North bongs for free!

Chorus
O Canada, furious and free!
O Canada, we stand on cars, we set them on fire for thee.
O Canada, we stand on cars for thee.

I wonder how many rioters were of English heritage. I understand that Vancouver is a motley crew.
Nice post douche bag......I doubt a Canuck would ever stoop to that level with your national anthem.

Easy there, I didn't make it up.
Hell, he's a Vermonter.... he's likely rife with Canuckian blood (Queerbec-qua at that...)
I doubt a Canuck would ever stoop to that level with your national anthem.

No need. We've got enough "singers" butchering it at major sporting events on TV.
No Canuck blood in me...

I love the Canadian national anthem and didn't intend to offend anyone. Just thought it was funny.

Glad you see the humor in that, but it shouldn't surprise me.
OK...OK....took a deep breath here. A few hundred who aren't real hockey fans ruining it for the whole city/province/country.

As a Habs fan, now I have to listen to my coworker (life long Bruins fan) brag for the next 12 months. Not good...shoulda, woulda, coulda in that game 7 loss in the first round.
Yes, it's probably just a few bad apples, but still low class.
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Just be glad you didn't try to make a living in the oilfield. Stay in California but away from the Bakersfield area. I'm crying for you here, Pard. About like I am for the Canucks.
Yes but it a very Euro-like riot.

Originally Posted by temmi

You mean, limp-wristed and all that?
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Just be glad you didn't try to make a living in the oilfield. Stay in California but away from the Bakersfield area. I'm crying for you here, Pard. About like I am for the Canucks.

Who in the hell would want to go to Bakersfield, oh and blow me Pard.
Heh, heh.
[b][color:#3333FF]Video of Vancouver...![/color][/b]

I wonder what this guy with his mop handle thought he was going to do at 3:08...?

Crazy..!

Stay Classy Vancouver...
[Linked Image]

Big deal, I mean is there anything left in NO worth destroying? grin

Here in San Antonio OTOH, four NBA championships in a decade, hardly even a spike in parking tickets, let alone a riot.... but then, folks on the South and West Sides here are to poor to afford even a riot grin

Birdwatcher

Toldja it was Canuckistan for a reason.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
but then, folks on the South and West Sides here are to poor to afford even a riot grin

Birdwatcher

that doesn't seem to keep the LA homies from torching up South Central on a fairly regular basis
Originally Posted by RVB
Nice post douche bag......I doubt a Canuck would ever stoop to that level with your national anthem.

then you'd be wrong, Monsieur le Douchebag...back in 2003 they were doing a lot worse than that:

A road trip for a group of U.S. peewee hockey players to a tournament in Montreal turned into a foray into enemy territory as the boys were barraged with anti-American insults and witnessed protesters trashing the American flag, reports the Globe and Mail.

The paper said the 11- and 12-year-old boys from Brockton, Mass., had been looking forward to the trip, which soured soon after their "Coach USA" tour bus rolled into downtown Montreal on March 20.

Hundreds of college students were marching through the streets in an anti-war demonstration and seized upon the bus as a target for its anti-U.S. venom. Several demonstrators made obscene gestures toward the bus, and an American flag was dragged through the street.

"We felt horrible," Brockton Boxers coach Ernest Nadeau said. "How would you feel if the Canadian flag was dragged down the streets in the U.S.A.? This is a country that's supposed to be our ally," he told the paper.

At another demonstration, the Americans watched as a crowd cheered when a protester waved the Iraqi flag, and booed the U.S. flag. Next, the Stars and Stripes were doused with kerosene and ignited.

"It went up in a puff of smoke and flames, and the crowd went wild. They were all cheering," said parent Bill Carpenter.

"I said to my kids, 'These folks disagree with our government, not you personally,'" he told the paper. Carpenter's 24-year-old son is a U.S. Marine who was sent to retrieve bodies of Americans killed in the 2001 terrorist bombing of USS Cole in Yemen. He has canceled his family's planned summer vacation to Quebec.

At the Montreal Canadiens-New York Islanders game at the Montreal Bell Center that night, the U.S. national anthem was widely booed by the crowd, creating confusion for the visiting youngsters.

Parent David Cruise felt so uncomfortable that he left with his son after the first period.

"Whether you're for or against the war, we have guys over there dying," he said. "The next time, we'll stay in the States. I'm not going back there again."

The insults grew personal when the players hit the ice. During a game against the Beverly Bandits, a team from Beverly, Ont., the boys said their Canadian counterparts were verbally abusive during face-offs.

"They told us we s----, gave us the finger and said 'Down with the U.S.A.' or 'The U.S.A. s----," Nadeau said.

Making matters worse, the referee chimed in, "I agree with you," following one Canadian player's derogatory comment.

"It was a shock to go to a tournament and have kids saying this to us. These are our friends that are doing this," Nadeau said. "We didn't expect Canadian players � especially young boys � would take things to that extreme."

"We were very offended by the whole thing," said Carpenter. "I understand the opposition to the war. But we were made to feel unwelcome just about anywhere we went. ... As Americans, we felt in the past that Canada was our closest ally and friend. No one told us we were heading into unfriendly territory."

about the only Canadians I ever see are retired azzholes that flood into Florida, and drive like, well, like retired Canadians. Scary scheit indeed.

I do recall a lot of anti American sentiment from various Canadian members of the 'fire. I don't recall many of us living down here visiting the Canada sub forum, and offering advice on their politics or culture.
The media has it all wrong, there was a lot of love lust in the streets lastnight.
[Linked Image]
He made his move before the tear gas wore off....
Steve- I've personally witnessed Montreal's anti-American attitude on many occasions when I was traveling there for business. I would occasionally go to hockey (and baseball) games and listened to them boo our National Anthem and throw trash at our players. This isn't a one-time occurrence either. It happens every time American teams play in that shiithole.
I'd rather spend a thousand days in Paris than another day in Montreal. It doesn't look like there's any reason to go back to Vancouver either.
I read on another forum of an American that lives in Vancouver and his accounts of how they treated the American flag after winning the gold medal for hockey last year. Too say it was disrespectful is an understatement.

Posted By: byc Re: Canucks riot after losing cup - 06/16/11
Wonder how many of the idiots who used their hands and feet to hit stuff woke up this morning with broken toes and fingers?

Bet the ER was swamped.
Ann Coulter: �� The sad thing is Canadians hurt in the rioting will have to wait six months for an MRI.�

Originally Posted by Steve
Ann Coulter: �� The sad thing is Canadians hurt in the rioting will have to wait six months for an MRI.�

ouch....
Originally Posted by RVB

then you'd be wrong, Monsieur le Douchebag...back in 2003 they were doing a lot worse than that:

A road trip for a group of U.S. peewee hockey players to a tournament in Montreal turned into a foray into enemy territory as the boys were barraged with anti-American insults and witnessed protesters trashing the American flag, reports the Globe and Mail.

The paper said the 11- and 12-year-old boys from Brockton, Mass., had been looking forward to the trip, which soured soon after their "Coach USA" tour bus rolled into downtown Montreal on March 20.

Hundreds of college students were marching through the streets in an anti-war demonstration and seized upon the bus as a target for its anti-U.S. venom. Several demonstrators made obscene gestures toward the bus, and an American flag was dragged through the street.

"We felt horrible," Brockton Boxers coach Ernest Nadeau said. "How would you feel if the Canadian flag was dragged down the streets in the U.S.A.? This is a country that's supposed to be our ally," he told the paper.

At another demonstration, the Americans watched as a crowd cheered when a protester waved the Iraqi flag, and booed the U.S. flag. Next, the Stars and Stripes were doused with kerosene and ignited.

"It went up in a puff of smoke and flames, and the crowd went wild. They were all cheering," said parent Bill Carpenter.

"I said to my kids, 'These folks disagree with our government, not you personally,'" he told the paper. Carpenter's 24-year-old son is a U.S. Marine who was sent to retrieve bodies of Americans killed in the 2001 terrorist bombing of USS Cole in Yemen. He has canceled his family's planned summer vacation to Quebec.

At the Montreal Canadiens-New York Islanders game at the Montreal Bell Center that night, the U.S. national anthem was widely booed by the crowd, creating confusion for the visiting youngsters.

Parent David Cruise felt so uncomfortable that he left with his son after the first period.

"Whether you're for or against the war, we have guys over there dying," he said. "The next time, we'll stay in the States. I'm not going back there again."

The insults grew personal when the players hit the ice. During a game against the Beverly Bandits, a team from Beverly, Ont., the boys said their Canadian counterparts were verbally abusive during face-offs.

"They told us we s----, gave us the finger and said 'Down with the U.S.A.' or 'The U.S.A. s----," Nadeau said.

Making matters worse, the referee chimed in, "I agree with you," following one Canadian player's derogatory comment.

"It was a shock to go to a tournament and have kids saying this to us. These are our friends that are doing this," Nadeau said. "We didn't expect Canadian players � especially young boys � would take things to that extreme."

"We were very offended by the whole thing," said Carpenter. "I understand the opposition to the war. But we were made to feel unwelcome just about anywhere we went. ... As Americans, we felt in the past that Canada was our closest ally and friend. No one told us we were heading into unfriendly territory."

Well isn't that special....

It's almost a shame there are apparently a handful of decent Canadians on this site. So much material never sees the light of the monitor in defference to those few...

Now in completely unrelated news. Seriously, where is BCBrian? This is concerning...
When people start setting things on fire and otherwise destroying someone else's property they need a much stronger deterent than tear gas and flashbangs. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Koreans protect their property (with firearms) during the LA riots. They're the only ones who stood up to the mobs.
But, but where the Brain he can explain this in a Vancouver minute.
One guy trying to do the right thing...

Originally Posted by heavywalker
If someone told me that Miami would lose the NBA championship in Miami, and Vancouver would loose the Stanley Cup in Vancouver, and only one of the cities would riot. I would not have picked Vancouver.

Shows real class to be out classed by Miami....

I have lived in Vancouver, and I have been to Miami, and the above post is more insightful than anything else I've read in the media or on the net about the riots.
But they always seemed so polite....eh?
Originally Posted by levrluvr
Steve- I've personally witnessed Montreal's anti-American attitude on many occasions when I was traveling there for business. I would occasionally go to hockey (and baseball) games and listened to them boo our National Anthem and throw trash at our players. This isn't a one-time occurrence either. It happens every time American teams play in that shiithole.
I'd rather spend a thousand days in Paris than another day in Montreal. It doesn't look like there's any reason to go back to Vancouver either.

It's Quebec-they boo the Canadian National Anthem at times too. Alot of them are just as much anti Canadian as they are anti American.
Apparently it's the fault of the polce that they didn't win. Obviously.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by stevelyn
But they always seemed so polite....eh?

Really I thought they just seemed so socialist!
Heck, I be pizzed if I was a Canadian.
I believe this happened before in Vancouver, over losing to an American team.
That was back in what, 1995 or something, when they lost to New York and rioted.
VAnimrod;
I trust this finds you and yours well tonight.

Many of us who remembered the '94 riots in Vancouver were more than a little concerned when the Canucks made the finals this year. While it's almost 5 hours to the west of us and we don't make it there too often, it still is the largest city in our province and we are often seen by the rest of the world as one in the same.

I don't really follow hockey that much, but as our youngest is a bit of a sports fan, the games were on at our house. From what little I caught of them, the Bruins earned the games they won.

As a side note, it was interesting for me to find out that Mark Recchi is from Kamloops which is about 3 hours north of here.

Anyway, soon after the game was done, I needed to pick up our eldest and a couple of her friends from youth group. As I was making the 15 minute drive I tuned in the radio which was reporting live as the riot unfolded.

When the kids got to the car, I asked them to pray for two of my friends who are in Vancouver PD and would have been on the lines last night.

As the situation worsened, they then called up Surrey RCMP where a fine chap I used to work with is now a constable and then Abbottsford PD was called in, where another friend is a Sergent. That made at least 4 four friends or folks I know well that were in our thoughts and prayers as they were in harm's way.

As of yet, we haven't really heard if any of them were among the officers injured.

To say that most BC residents are ashamed, disgusted and not a little angry over the despicable behavior shown last night would be an understatement to say the least.

Any goodwill that had been won by the recent Olympics has been squandered by that group of malignant rectal orifices who apparently came to the downtown core to cause mayhem and succeeded.

I'm not really sure how else I can articulate our family's disgust and contempt for the perpetrators of that fiasco last night. Any good name we may have had got flushed down the toilet last night and it will take years to undo that.

I trust you and yours have a good weekend Sean.

Dwayne
Originally Posted by RVB

I am honestly shocked at the behavior described in the article. I've spent large portions of my youth in Canada and was never made to feel less than family. I know times have changed and I expect Quebecois douches to act like french [bleep] but the rest really surprises me.
To say that the a-holes in Vancouver and Montreal that participate in these displays are representative of the good Canadian people would be the same as saying Madison, WI represents the beliefs of the entire state of Wisconsin.
I've been lucky to make many a friend in Canada, and the good folks I know up there I'm certain are quite annoyed at this behavior.
Jim
I've been to Canada, and I've been to Vancouver.

It would be akin to comparing Michigan to Detroit.
And, I'm sorry for using such vulgar language after a class act like BC30Cal. He's the type of Canadian that I'm most familiar with.
Yep! More American allies, with friends like these, who needs enemies? They must be receiving American aid, their acting like every other [bleep] hole country that receives it and then bites the feeding hand. GW
Oops....

Associated Press

nothing like Good Sportsmanship
Seriously, I don't get it.
Canadians and the people of the other Commonwealth countries are who I consider most to be brothers out of all other countries in the World. When push comes to shove, I believe that most of them feel the same way about us.

Nothing wrong with some healthy competition and even name-calling, but rioting is over the top. It's just a game.

ETA:
Gosh, I just don't know what I'd do if I couldn't razz Canooks a little. smile
Originally Posted by Mac84
And, I'm sorry for using such vulgar language after a class act like BC30Cal. He's the type of Canadian that I'm most familiar with.

Mac84;
Thanks for the kind words sir. I trust this finds you and yours well.

I couldn't wait any longer and phoned my good friend who is on VPD to make sure he was OK.

Thankfully our prayers were answered and he miraculously made it through the night unscathed.

As I suspected and he confirmed, the rioters weren't mere hockey fans and many came equipped with crowbars and other tools of the trade.

His shift came on at 7:00pm and they went straight into the breach so to speak and weren't equipped with riot gear. At one point it was about two dozen officers facing what he estimated to be at least 5000. This was only one section of the incident. Estimates vary as to how large the crowd actually was, suffice to say it was much, much larger than the last riots in 94.

Like us, he was very uncomplimentary regarding the folks my age - 40-50's who were just wandering around being "lookie loos". They weren't actively destructive, but certainly should know better than to be there and weren't helping crowd control efforts one iota.

When I told him that like as not I'd have started baton work on the old guys like me first, just to clear my field of view - he laughed and said he knew how I felt!

One of the TV stations last night identified some known members of an anarchist group who turned up as well to add to the festivities. They seemed to indicate they were the same bunch who were responsible for some of the riots at the G8 conference in Toronto last summer.

Anyway, I'm thankful our friends made it home at the end of shift - the rest can be fixed later.

Thanks again and all the best to you and yours this weekend.

Regards,
Dwayne
Dwayne eloquently described how the vast majority of Canadians feel about the disgusting display of disrespect for not only the game and the team that deserved to win the Stanley Cup, but their own city, province and country.
I might add that I didn�t see any rioters/looters who looked to be 30 or more years old. I�m afraid many of today�s mollycoddled youth have no sense of respect, responsibility or even a semblance of common sense. They are the product of a failing education system and a lack of good parenting, which is not restricted to our country, or North America, for that matter.
I�m not what I�d consider a religious man, but I can definitely see a decided lack of good Christian values.
I hope they round up as many of those idiots as possible and make an example of them with some serious fines, community service, and jail time where it�s warranted. Restitution for the damage should also be mandatory.
They are truly an embarrassment and in no way representative of the average Canadian.
By the way, when the Red Wings failed in their come-back bid against the Sharks, my allegiance shifted to the Bruins. I�m glad an �original six� team hoisted Lord Stanley�s Mug. It is also good to note that there are more Canadians playing for the Bruins (14) than the Canucks (11).
If this is what we can expect from Vancouverites in the future, I wouldn�t be upset if the Canucks went another 20 or 30 years before they make it to the finals again.
Jerry
Originally Posted by temmi

This will be a very unpopular sentiment, but after trying and trying to like hockey, I have decided that it is pretty much soccer on skates. This behavior seems to be in line with that.

As far as painting Canadians with a schit-dipped brush because of this, that is tremendously unfair. I believe that the good folks up there are, as has been pointed out, ashamed and angered by this action. There are too many people who, seriously, not in a fun way, seem to take great satisfaction in demonizing others based on where they reside, be it Canada, north of the Mason-Dixon line, in Iowa (How could they?!) or wherever.
The BcBrain has posted for what a couple of days you think he got his useless head busted after the game by the RCMP?
And you, you stupid jerk would fit right in with the rest of the idiots in Vancouver ... with your stupid flashing avatar ... dumbass. You talking about someone else being useless.
What a joke you are.
Priceless.
Originally Posted by highwayman
And you, you stupid jerk would fit right in with the rest of the idiots in Vancouver ... with your stupid flashing avatar ... dumbass. You talking about someone else being useless.
What a joke you are.
Priceless.

LOL why so socialist?
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
What a joke you are.
Priceless.

LOL why so socialist?

Why so assholish?
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
What a joke you are.
Priceless.

LOL why so socialist?

Why so assholish?

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

I'm totally ashamed to even be in the same room as someone who would condone this crap!
The thing is , these low lifes would have done the same chit if Vancouver had WON!!!
How disgusting, and to make matters worse, what kind of disrespectful arsepick boos the national anthem of the opposing team , ESPECIALLY their neighbours!
ON BEHALF OF ALL THE INGRATES THAT DO NOT KNOW HOW LUCKY THEY ARE TO HAVE THE U.S AS FRIENDS, PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGY!
Cat
Originally Posted by catnthehat

I'm totally ashamed to even be in the same room as someone who would condone this crap!
The thing is , these low lifes would have done the same chit if Vancouver had WON!!!
How disgusting, and to make matters worse, what kind of disrespectful arsepick boos the national anthem of the opposing team , ESPECIALLY their neighbours!
ON BEHALF OF ALL THE INGRATES THAT DO NOT KNOW HOW LUCKY THEY ARE TO HAVE THE U.S AS FRIENDS, PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGY!
Cat
+2.......Monashee
I need an "O.V."

WTF is BCB ?

GTC
It's a city thing, plain and simple. Everything goes, liberal cities are the cancer of many nations.
Crude and criminal behaviour is never acceptable regardless of where you find it, and especially not over a stooooopid hockey game. Boston's first cup since 1972 -- 39 years. Maybe there's hope for Toronto yet, but I doubt it. grin

[bleep] right we did. And ended it too.

Minor correction: not 'southees'. First, the spelling is 'Southie'. And it's 'Local Boys', or 'Townies', AKA born and bred South Bostonians. A breed apart, true enough. And they'll tear it up and burn it down for fun, but no true, self-respecting townie would disgrace our city by rioting after a loss. A proper riot is conducted after we WIN*.

*Exceptions are made on a case-by-case basis. The riots in '75 over busing comes to mind. wink

Hey Birdy, watch this. Make a little more sense? wink

Disgraceful punks, those Canadian fans.

Cat

The really sad thing for the true hockey fans there is the simple fact disrespect of the calibre shown is enough to make a lot of guys work extra hard. The lack of class worked right into Boston's favor and probably had an impact on the game. If emotions weren't so important in hockey you would never see goal scoring in clusters the way it happens.
Posted By: CRS Re: Canucks riot after losing cup - 06/17/11
It is a shame indeed to see human beings acting like this. So as not to call the kettle black, how many times has this scenario played out around the world?

Europe, Africa, S. America, is any continent totally innocent?

I know I was totally embarrassed when some of my fellow college students led riots at South Dakota State University in 1990.

I think it is more a reflection of the nature of some human beings, than it is a race, country, city or Gov't.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
It's a city thing, plain and simple. Everything goes, liberal cities are the cancer of many nations.

You hit the nail on the head. Over and over you see riots like this play out in urban areas after athletic events, concerts, court decisions, etc., - the mass of people always includes agitators who exploit the emotions of the easily led. Not unique to Canada (see it here and in Europe too much as well).
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Yes, they were booing Bettman and they also booed Chara but I don't think he cared much.

I'm not in the least bit surprised by the rioting in Vancouver, i've been reading blogs and Canuck fan websites for the last 2 weeks and the majority of them are arrogant, self centered bastids. I would wish a SC championship for Montreal before I would Vancouver, and as an avid Boston fan, one just doesnt root for the Canadiens.

Still pissed off about 1971, ain't ya? "Save, Dryden"
Originally Posted by 1minute
Yes, it's probably just a few bad apples, but still low class.

Looks like a little more than "a few"

That's quite probably true. Vancouver has had several sports-related riots over the past 15 years, after big wins as well as big losses.
Originally Posted by RVB

My hockey team was treated the same way in a tournament with the canucks, it was in Eveleth, MN in 1994. We were high school age. 15-18. I had enough of the taunting and two handed the biggest guy on the team in the shins. He threw off his helmet(big mistake) and dropped the gloves. He then tried to spit on me. I pounded the [bleep] out of the loud mouthed punk in front of his bench and all the people that traveled with them got to his face get pounded on.

I got tossed, but not without a loud cheer from my bench and a coach bought lunch.
I've got to tell you. I don't follow sports. Never did. I would like for our home teams to do well. Celtics, Bruins, Patriots! 41 years old, and I've spent most of my life with unremarkable sports teams. People here cheat and root for the Yankees because it's too hard to root for the Red Sox because they've been so bad. Well, they got one a couple years ago. The Pats had their run with Tom Brady after being a joke for so long and the Celtics even went to the finals. I support my home teams and would like to see them do well. I'm not a sports fan, but I understand they are a source of local identity. Girls at the bank and the Dunkin Donuts had their jerseys on yesterday. Actually, just about everybody did. I don't think there will be a shortage of them in town today either.

I spent the hockey playoffs in the kitchen at my rod and gun club cooking for a bunch of guys. I fried chicken and shrimp 3 times! I saw some of the games and thought either the Bruins played like they were tired, or the Canucks played like they were. We'd win big, or they'd win with 1 goal. When the Bruins won, my friend told me, with tears running down his face, that he never thought in his life, he'd see the Bruins win a Stanley Cup. Good for him. He's getting a Bruins tattoo to celebrate. I did hear him say he wanted to have Tim Thomas baby. I'm glad he decided on the tat!

I've never really liked hockey, or basketball for that matter, primarily because the refs get to decide who wins. That's so very frustrating. I saw the last game where a Canucks player leveled a Bruin from behind, and got up and showed the ref his bloody lip. No penalty, by the way. The guys said the refs didn't call a lot of penalties, but the 2 they called were on the Bruins, and on one of the replays I couldn't see what the guy did at all! I would be more upset at the refs running the game. They should not be a factor in who wins or loses. One thing I hate about organized sports.

When the game was over, they booed the Bruins. They booed the presentation of the Cup. It was hard to watch. Riots afterward. Big surprise. Did I miss a controversy somewhere. Bad calls? Conspracy? Was there any trash talking, besides the Canucks goalie? Good stuff. I'm sure millions of kids sitting home in their hockey jerseys got a nice lesson on being a sports fan. Probably why I'm not one. I'm glad the home team won. I'm glad I got my deer head back from the taxidermy man too.
Hey Rob, I think you are mistaken, not sure what they showed on the NBC feed as was watching CBC here. The fans did not boo the Bruins, Thomas and Chara were both cheered as they should have been for their outstanding performance. The only booing, and it was loud, was for Bettman far as I could tell. Chara is a local hero in Prince George as he played his junior hockey for the Cougars.
Posted By: n007 Re: Canucks riot after losing cup - 06/17/11
Originally Posted by derby_dude
I wonder how many rioters were of English heritage. I understand that Vancouver is a motley crew.

You understand very little.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Right.

Vancouver declared itself a 'nuclear-free-zone', has taxpayer funded heroin injection sites, homosexual pride parades, clogged their downtown by creating bike lanes nobody uses, and wants residents to grow wheat in their front yards.

Then they wonder why these things happen and pretend it was a 'small group of indiciduals'.
Originally Posted by Jocko_Slugshot

HA!! I was too young to see that game so why would I care? You from must be from Vancouver huh? lol
Originally Posted by Jocko_Slugshot

HA!! I was too young to see that game so why would I care? You from must be from Vancouver huh? lol

Nope, and I didn't really care who won this year's series.
Vancouver - the San Francisco of Canada, with just a pinch of L.A. riots thrown in. We probably all have our cities we're no too proud of.

I traveled to Canada for about 8 years, usually once or twice a month. There are certainly two types of people there - city folks and country folks - and the difference between the two is far more dramatic than what I see here in the states. I need to qualify that a bit more - I'm speaking of Vancouver and Montreal, specifically.

Booing our national anthem is no surprise - the hate and envy that you see Brian espouse here is not uncommon in those cities.
From what I've seen of the rural folks, they are rightfully proud and decent. The kind of people you'd love to have your back in a tense situation.

I used to be an avid hockey fan - up until the Blues lost Bret Hull. Hadn't watched a game again until the final game of this series. Interestingly, it was the first hockey game my son and his mother had ever watched. Him at 15 and her at 54, he loved it, her I'm not sure.

Sure a shame to see a team's impressive accomplishment tarnished by fan behavior. Hockey is a tough sport and winning - or getting close to winning - the Stanley Cup is huge.

Gotta love a country that can have both a band and a city named Chilliwack; just a derned shame that large liberal enclaves tarnish the rest of the world.
So where is BCBrian? Too embarrassed to show himself after the Bruins whooped up on the Canucks? The few Canuck fans that were here seemed to have vanished.
Some drunken punks burn a police car in Vancouver, Canada, and all the Yankee girls get their panties in a knot. WTF? Let the Canadian courts deal with our criminals, not your business. What I would suggest is your business, do a 180 pirouette, pull your head out and look into the distance. See those hordes crossing the Rio Bravo El Norte, that is your business and your problem, not the best neighbours that anyone in the world could hope to have north of the 49th.
They are reporting that a few hundred fans showed at the airport to greet the Bruins, that's shameful right there.
Disgraceful, they don't even care enough to riot.
Hard to riot with a couple hundred fans.
If they had a riot in Boston the city would like the same afterwards.
I heard Shea Weber was seen in Vancouver at Roxys, said what a great atmosphere it was down there. Asked when he was going to come home and play for the Canucks, said something to the effect that wouldn't be long. Being good friends with Hamhuis I can see it happening.
I was in Vancouver for the final against the Predtors, watched the game in Smiley's Pub on Pender. After the game we went out for some Thai food up on Burrard and then walked down Granville to the Yale for some blues and pool, it was a great atmosphere and a lot of fun. Weber would be a great additon.
Don't kid yourself, if Lucic could get himself in a Canuck uniform he would be gone in a sec as still calls Vancouver home as well. I mean what did these players think getting off the plane and seeing a couple people hanging around?
Best neighbors? Not all of ya', and certainly not all the time. I've seen more than enough booing of our National Anthem both in pro sports and Olympics, throwing trash at our athletes, and burning our flag to argue your claim. I've been in Canada every year for the last 52, and the last 10 of them have been pretty damn cold, and I'm not talking temperature.
Rural folks are mostly OK up there, but your cities suck every bit as much if not a lot more than ours.
Just this 'Yankee's' opinion, of course....
Originally Posted by byc

If anyone wonders what SHTF actually looks like, the pictures in that link will give you a very good idea.

Originally Posted by n007
Some drunken punks burn a police car in Vancouver, Canada, and all the Yankee girls get their panties in a knot. WTF? Let the Canadian courts deal with our criminals, not your business. What I would suggest is your business, do a 180 pirouette, pull your head out and look into the distance. See those hordes crossing the Rio Bravo El Norte, that is your business and your problem, not the best neighbours that anyone in the world could hope to have north of the 49th.

Oh, I see. It's ok for many Canadians to criticize us in the U.S. but the reverse is not allowed according to you? Sorry bud, you guys have your problems also and we will comment on them whenever and however we want. Deal with it.

Originally Posted by n007

I think half the comments here are really meant to take a dig at BCBrian ... you know, that liberal smarmy sack of chit who misses no opportunity to start a thread meant to take a potshot at Americans and conservatives in the truest spirit of being a troll. No country, state, town, etc., has a monopoly on stupid.

I've worked with Canucks who were great, and I've worked with ones that were plain azzhats who carried a chip on their shoulder towards America. But then, I've worked with good and bad fellow Texans too. The "We like us best" syndrome is alive and well everywhere. It's rather annoying to travel to another country or state and have the locals predisposed against you from the getgo, based soley on where you are from. I don't see it changing anytime soon though. When I experience that I know the caliber of such folks isn't much.

On another note, I couldn't help but notice that a lot of the photos and vids of the rioters showed lots of young white punks with baggy azzed pants doing the "gangsta" or "homey" hand signs and gestures. Every parent who allows their progeny to emulate monkeys needs beotch slapping just as bad as those engaged in the riots.
I think I've figured out why BCBrian isn't here yet. He's nursing an injury caused by a flash bang grenade. grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DiVW8ohIiM

Originally Posted by redmtn
I mean what did these players think getting off the plane and seeing a couple people hanging around?

How about "I'm glad OUR fans aren't burning the city down."?

If you honestly believe there isn't going to be a knock down drag out party in Boston you are seriously in denial.
Well I should hope cause so far its been quite a embarrassment.

Yep. Keep telling yourself that. Sounds like you might eventually convince yourself but don't count on too much company.
Ok
They are reporting that a few hundred fans showed at the airport to greet the Bruins, that's shameful right there.
With airport security the way it is, do you think their going to allow thousands of fans into the airport to greet them? I dont think so. There were some 500+ fans at the TD Garden to greet them and there will be a whole hell of lot more than that come Saturday in Beantown.
Lucic was interviewed earlier today thanking the Vancouver fans for staying for the cup presentation and giving him a big cheer when he hoisted the cup, like I said before the booing was for Bettman not the Bruins.
Might be tough to fit Weber under the cap. Detroit has 6 million to spare. Grin
Lucic was interviewed earlier today thanking the Vancouver fans for staying for the cup presentation and giving him a big cheer when he hoisted the cup, like I said before the booing was for Bettman not the Bruins.
I saw that and was quite surprised that he was cheered and not booed. Glad he plays for the Bruins, he's a helluva hockey player.
Cap goes up 3 mil this year and we most likely won't be signing a few players. We have a leg up as Weber being from BC plus playing junior hockey here for the Kelowna Rockets, not to mention being good friends with Dan Hamhuis, a previous Predator himself. Almost forgot, Vegas has picked us as heavy favorites to win the cup whistle
Hard to riot with a couple hundred fans.

That's all the canucks got left.

I'd be emabarrassed too if I had Lord Stanley's cup in my hands, only to have it fall out while I was choking. At least you admit it.
Cap goes up 3 mil this year and we most likely won't be signing a few players. We have a leg up as Weber being from BC plus playing junior hockey here for the Kelowna Rockets, not to mention being good friends with Dan Hamhuis, a previous Predator himself. Almost forgot, Vegas has picked us as heavy favorites to win the cup whistle

lol

It'll be interesting to see what he garners as a free agent in qualifying offers.

Man what an addition to any contender's roster.

As for the riots, I live on our border and my opinion of "mush heads" remains high. Not so much for the sad sacks responsible for the rioting and Quebecois in general. grin
Dwayne,

Good to hear your friends made it out in one piece and I do hope you and yours are well too.

The last 2 Cups won by the Wings were a hoot. The people by and large were just out to celebrate a bit. Very very few turds actually caused trouble and we managed to cull them from the crowds right quick.

Originally Posted by tzone

I'd be emabarrassed too if I had Lord Stanley's cup in my hands, only to have it fall out while I was choking. At least you admit it.

You're pretty funny considering that your team finished 12th out of the 15 teams in the NW Division.
Originally Posted by Mac84

lol

It'll be interesting to see what he garners as a free agent in qualifying offers.

Man what an addition to any contender's roster.

As for the riots, I live on our border and my opinion of "mush heads" remains high. Not so much for the sad sacks responsible for the rioting and Quebecois in general. grin

I believe Weber is a restricted free agent this year which makes the price of signing him too high. Next year he becomes unrestricted and he can sign where he wants. Definitely there will be a bidding war for his service as he is arguably the best defense man in the league.
A 17 year old kid from the Vancouver suburbs came home from the riot to find his folks waiting up for him.Turns out they had seen what he was up to on the late news,and they marched him straight to the local RCMP detatchment.He is noe facing 5 charges.A lot of these idiots posted their exploits and trophies on Facebook,the cops are tracking them down and they have also recieved 1900 phot0s from the public identifying some of these clowns.Hopefully they'll get whats coming to them. Monashee
Unfortunately his parents will probably have to pay his fine. Should make these guys clean the streets for a year or two.
Unfortunately his parents will probably have to pay his fine. Should make these guys clean the streets for a year or two.

Sweeping a street?...guess he will learn his lesson

After the Buffalo Bills lost their first Super Bowl in 1990, about 40,000 of their faithful turned out in Niagara Square to welcome them home. The Buffalo fans consoled themselves with the fact that only several hundred Giants fans were on hand at Newark International to welcome the champions home. All of these years later all that people remember is that the Giants were the winners and the Bills were the losers.

So, go ahead and make yourself feel better by latching on to minutia . One year, five years, twenty years from now you will be the only one to remember how many folks were at the airport. The rest of the world will remember that the Bruins were the winners and the Canucks were the losers.
No I will not be the only one, the Bruin's players will remember it as well. Sounds like they will make up for it Saturday anyway, so who cares.
Originally Posted by Monashee
A 17 year old kid from the Vancouver suburbs came home from the riot to find his folks waiting up for him.Turns out they had seen what he was up to on the late news,and they marched him straight to the local RCMP detatchment.He is noe facing 5 charges.A lot of these idiots posted their exploits and trophies on Facebook,the cops are tracking them down and they have also recieved 1900 phot0s from the public identifying some of these clowns.Hopefully they'll get whats coming to them. Monashee

I was wondering when the reports like this would start coming in with all the videos and phone cameras evident. Glad to hear it. The focus of blame should be squarely on the shoulders of those responsible, and not anywhere else.
Another one 18 years old,a private school boy with an excellent scholastic and athletic record.His father is a prominent Vancouver surgeon.THe father phoned the Vancouver police with evidence of the kid's complicity and guaranteed the kid would be at the cop shop Saturday morning bright and early. Monashee
One azz, was seen on film got a surprise when he showed up at work the next day - boss had seen him on video and fired his disrespectful butt. Now if he had to pay resitution AND got an azz kicking ......

Very class less

Hey... I laike youa fakkin' movie clips.
Originally Posted by tzone

You're pretty funny considering that your team finished 12th out of the 15 teams in the NW Division.

I don't play for them...It's not my team. I do watch from time to time, but they're not my team.
I did mean to say restricted. A team with deeper pockets could lure him away but it would cost the cash plus draft picks.

I just keep thinking of a Lidstrom/Weber pairing.

I believe Doughty is a restricted free agent too. If only this year was next year. lol
I'm thinking it may be rebuilding time for the Wings? Not sure if they can keep up with the Hawks,Bruins or Sharks who are considerably younger. The Hawks sure drafted some great players but had to endure some hard years to get them picks.
They did but lost a handful of great players to the cap. I can't argue against new blood but their core remains strong. Helm is scary fast and if he learns to finish, he'll be a force.
Datysuk is a great player, wish we had him. Seems to really turn it on in the playoffs as well.
© 24hourcampfire