Home
Posted By: JGRaider So, Does Holder Go or Stay? - 10/06/11
I hear it both ways. If it were a conservative he'd be on gone today. What's your guess? It looks like it's getting nastier for Holder by the hour.
Prosecution.
Keep him long enough for the route to Hussein to be clearly identified.
will you have your chicken dinner fried or baked Sean?
I'm Southern. Fried, of course.

Too close to call but I'm thinking he stays.

If this had been a Republican regime he would have been gone weeks ago.
Posted By: Tuco Re: So, Does Holder Go or Stay? - 10/06/11
What difference does it make?

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose. Alphonse Karr, "Les Guipes" (Janvier 1849)
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

How long did it take Nixon to start cleaning house?

Ed
Posted By: T LEE Re: So, Does Holder Go or Stay? - 10/06/11

In a Republican regime he would never have been there in the first place!
Posted By: bea175 Re: So, Does Holder Go or Stay? - 10/06/11
I hope he goes and takes down the whole Obama Administration with him, plus the ATF
I'm going to guess he stays till he leaves on his own terms, which is either when Obama does after the next election or if Obama is elected again he leaves before the next term.
Obama will make him fall on the sword....Too big of a distraction.
Posted By: denton Re: So, Does Holder Go or Stay? - 10/06/11
The only question of interest to Obama is how to get and keep power. Holder will go when the net liability of keeping him is greater than the net liability of tossing him under the bus. Factoring in the fact that Obama is pretty much tone deaf, I expect that it will still be a couple of months before we see tire marks on Mr. Holder.

See this link.

<http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinio...ion_OhK6TBqPlEpRglHjsSbiBI#ixzz1ZKCGnptv>

Obama may not get the chance to dispose of Eric Holder before the news gets finished with him.
Posted By: GeoW Re: So, Does Holder Go or Stay? - 10/06/11
If he goes, it will pretty much be an admission of guilt by Obama...that ain't happening.
The dems will do what is necessary to keep the Kenyan in power, and if that means throwing Holder under the bus, so be it.
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

How long did it take Nixon to start cleaning house?

Ed

Nixon didn't clean house. He had Ehrlichman and Haldeman handle it, with Mitchell in Justice in reserve. Those guys were true cutthroats, nothing like the current administration's chief deputies.

When Obama's COS was Rahm Emmanuel, he had somebody who might have been able to handle a disaster of this proportion working for him. Now the best he's got is Valerie Jarrett, and she doesn't have the smarts or the balls to orchestrate anything like a half-assed coverup.
I heard the reader this morning blaming house repubs for holding up the jobs bill but failing to mention one word about senate dems who oppose it...he treats the media like the idiots they are.

I'll be shocked if Holder takes the perp walk.

I'm going to guess he stays till he leaves on his own terms

...agree.
Posted By: isaac Re: So, Does Holder Go or Stay? - 10/06/11
Justice Department Accuses GOP of Playing 'Gotcha' With Fast and Furious Memos

Published October 06, 2011
FoxNews.com

The Justice Department accused Republicans of playing a "political game of gotcha," after lawmakers investigating Operation Fast and Furious said Attorney General Eric Holder received at least five memos on the gunrunning probe starting in July 2010 in spite of testimony claiming he learned of the program this year.

Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, and Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., released a series of heavily redacted memos apparently sent to Holder from Michael Walther, the director of the National Drug Intelligence Center. They appear to describe an operation involving the straw purchase of hundreds of firearms that went to Mexican drug cartels.

But as President Obama voiced "complete confidence" in Holder, the Justice Department put out a scathing statement Thursday afternoon suggesting the memos do not contradict Holder's claims that he was in the dark on the program last year.

"Here they go again. Chairman Issa and Senator Grassley can re-package and re-release the same documents every other day and it won't change the facts: the attorney general's testimony to both the House and Senate committees has been consistent and truthful," the department said.

The department said the "brief" passages were "buried in a few written reports" and did not detail the full extent of the operation.

"Instead of peddling selectively-edited transcripts and distorting questions and answers in some distracting political game of gotcha, these congressional leaders should be focusing their attention on the underlying public safety problem we confront as a nation -- that too many guns are being illegally trafficked to Mexico," the statement said.

The release of the documents comes as House Judiciary Committee Chairman Lamar Smith, R-Texas, requests Obama instruct the Department of Justice to appoint a special counsel.

In a statement Thursday, Issa claimed Holder "has failed to give Congress and the American people an honest account of what he and other."

"With the fairly detailed information that the attorney general read, it seems the logical question for the attorney general after reading in the memo would be 'why haven't we stopped them?'" Grassley said.

Through Fast and Furious, hundreds of firearms were allowed to walk across the U.S.-Mexico border, some later turning up at bloody crime scenes. The focus has turned lately to what Holder knew and when he knew it.

He said under oath in May: "I'm not sure of the exact date, but I probably heard about Fast and Furious for the first time over the last few weeks."

But documents that started to surface earlier in the week suggested Justice officials at least tried to inform Holder. The latest memos show he was notified of the program repeatedly, though it's not clear to what degree Holder paid attention to the memos.

Obama on Thursday voiced confidence in Holder and his handling of the Justice Department.

"He has been very aggressive in going after gunrunning and cash transactions that have been going to these transnational drug cartels," Obama told reporters at a White House press conference.

"He's indicated that he was not aware of what was happening in Fast and Furious and certainly I was not, and I think both he and I would have been very unhappy if somebody had suggested that guns were allowed to pass through that could have been prevented by the United States of America."

Holder will stay AG until hussein leaves office. Then he will be prosecuted.
It will be interesting to see if he will be killed, or throw a lot of others, including hussein, under the bus.
Justice, and Holder go on the attack!
link to story
The Justice Department accused Republicans of playing a "political game of gotcha," after lawmakers investigating Operation Fast and Furious said Attorney General Eric Holder received at least five memos on the gunrunning probe starting in July 2010 in spite of testimony claiming he learned of the program this year.

Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, and Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., released a series of heavily redacted memos apparently sent to Holder from Michael Walther, the director of the National Drug Intelligence Center. They appear to describe an operation involving the straw purchase of hundreds of firearms that went to Mexican drug cartels.

But as President Obama voiced "complete confidence" in Holder, the Justice Department put out a scathing statement Thursday afternoon suggesting the memos do not contradict Holder's claims that he was in the dark on the program last year.

"Here they go again. Chairman Issa and Senator Grassley can re-package and re-release the same documents every other day and it won't change the facts: the attorney general's testimony to both the House and Senate committees has been consistent and truthful," the department said.

The department said the "brief" passages were "buried in a few written reports" and did not detail the full extent of the operation.

"Instead of peddling selectively-edited transcripts and distorting questions and answers in some distracting political game of gotcha, these congressional leaders should be focusing their attention on the underlying public safety problem we confront as a nation -- that too many guns are being illegally trafficked to Mexico," the statement said.

The release of the documents comes as House Judiciary Committee Chairman Lamar Smith, R-Texas, requests Obama instruct the Department of Justice to appoint a special counsel.

In a statement Thursday, Issa claimed Holder "has failed to give Congress and the American people an honest account of what he and other."

"With the fairly detailed information that the attorney general read, it seems the logical question for the attorney general after reading in the memo would be 'why haven't we stopped them?'" Grassley said.

Through Fast and Furious, hundreds of firearms were allowed to walk across the U.S.-Mexico border, some later turning up at bloody crime scenes. The focus has turned lately to what Holder knew and when he knew it.

He said under oath in May: "I'm not sure of the exact date, but I probably heard about Fast and Furious for the first time over the last few weeks."

But documents that started to surface earlier in the week suggested Justice officials at least tried to inform Holder. The latest memos show he was notified of the program repeatedly, though it's not clear to what degree Holder paid attention to the memos.

Obama on Thursday voiced confidence in Holder and his handling of the Justice Department.

"He has been very aggressive in going after gunrunning and cash transactions that have been going to these transnational drug cartels," Obama told reporters at a White House press conference.

"He's indicated that he was not aware of what was happening in Fast and Furious and certainly I was not, and I think both he and I would have been very unhappy if somebody had suggested that guns were allowed to pass through that could have been prevented by the United States of America."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-5-fast-and-furious-memos/#ixzz1a2aa9bBd
We allowed America to vote in crooks, thieves, trash, enemies, and communists into office, what makes you think it will change now?
Scooter Libby went to prison for less. Holder should resign, but won't. The key question is when will a special prosecutor be appointed. If it happens, I think it will be sometime next year, at the earliest. Any earlier and the results start washing up on Obama prior to the November election. Obama will put it off as long as possible. Deny, deny, deny. That works sometimes.
Here`s my take.

The longer that Holder stays, the worse it gets for O`Bammy in `012. That`s what we all want, "as worse for O`Bammy in `012" as possible.

If Holder were to re-sign his position shortly or too early, then the country "might" be more a little more inclined to forget about "Fast n Furious."

I hope the GOP as a political strategy, keeps that investigation going and going as well as further investigations into the "green" company scandals on going well into next year.

There were more companies than just Solyndra which received hundreds of millions of tax payer dollars.
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
Here`s my take.

The longer that Holder stays, the worse it gets for O`Bammy in `012. That`s what we all want, "as worse for O`Bammy in `012" as possible.

If Holder were to re-sign his position shortly or too early, then the country "might" be more a little more inclined to forget about "Fast n Furious."

Quite right. I think Issa and Grassley are prolonging their investigations deliberately, letting momentum build. Better a blockbuster of an explosion later than a little firecracker now.
The people who would vote for Obama today aren't any less likely to vote for Obama if Holder stays and a memo was found that he directly ordered the whole program and oversaw it daily.
So far Rush is the only one saying this was an attempt to increase gun control measures. Does anyone know how to get in contact with Fox about why they won't discuss the why's and wherefores of this crap?

WRONG!

The present Chicago THUG/gang are arrogant, intransigent even they should cut their losses - they stubbornly dig in.

Fast and feloneous has caused more than 200 deaths/murders on both sides of the border. What eventually happens will depend on how stubborn the repubs are to follow F & F to its ugliest conclusion - regardless of the 'cover' the extremely-corrupt meedja even provides, to the point of being an obstruction of justice sometimes!! mad

If the recent "memo" showing Holder knew more than what he lied about to congreff, its only a matter of when his career is toast, and maybe he'll be destroyed personally as well! grin

If Holder and Nobastad are indeed "just two" of all the architects who created F&F (and whatever other evil they're guilty of), ALL of them need to be hanging from trees!
Originally Posted by NathanL
The people who would vote for Obama today aren't any less likely to vote for Obama if Holder stays and a memo was found that he directly ordered the whole program and oversaw it daily.
.....That`s probably true. BUT! If the investigations heat up more next year as opposed to this year, it will be more of a distraction to Bammy`s campaign and campaign strategies along with further added press exposure; on Fox News anyway.

That type of exposure is something Bammy doesn`t need during the campaign next year.
Posted By: bbassi Re: So, Does Holder Go or Stay? - 10/06/11
Originally Posted by Border Doc

See this link.

<http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinio...ion_OhK6TBqPlEpRglHjsSbiBI#ixzz1ZKCGnptv>

Obama may not get the chance to dispose of Eric Holder before the news gets finished with him.

THAT is amazing. #1 that they would be SO arrogant to think they could get away with it and #2 that it is COMPLETELY different from anything we've heard so far about the scope of F&F. These people should hang.
Posted By: poboy Re: So, Does Holder Go or Stay? - 10/06/11
+1 w\bigsqueeze.
where have i heard this before?...
..."A second notion is that the CIA was behind the whole thing, which accounts for all the desperate wagon-circling. Under this theory, the Agency feared the los Zetas drug cartel was becoming too powerful and might even mount a coup against the Mexican government. So some 2,000 weapons costing more than $1.25 million were deliberately channeled to the rival Sinaloa cartel, which operates along the American border, to keep the Zetas in check"

there are many agents in the DOJ, FBI, CIA, ATF. that should be in prison, and their US citizenship revoked

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinio...ion_OhK6TBqPlEpRglHjsSbiBI#ixzz1a2qhWPb0
Posted By: pal Re: So, Does Holder Go or Stay? - 10/07/11
The pathetic cover story, that this was a bunch of rogue cops running guns to the most vicious drug cartels, across our border w/ Mexico, and w/ Holder & Obama having no knowledge whatsoever...Please!

So whether Holder goes or stays won't change anything--we'll just get more lies and cover-ups.

knowledge of the program by Holder should be enough to see that he leaves office and is prosecuted for such

unawareness of the program despite memos detailing the program should be enough that he leave office due to gross incompetence.

while I think Rush is a giant gasbag, I believe he's correct in this instance that this was a covert attempt against 2nd ammendment rights.
don't blaspheme on this forum 2letig2quit, Rush is the BOMB! laugh

Yep. With 30% of the country being liberal and communist, 20% unemployed/underemployed and 50% paying no taxes,,,,,do the math folks.

I believe he has a clear path back to his present seat, Holder or no Holder. With all that's been swept under the rug since bammy went in office this Holder thing is small.

edited to add; Then there's,,,,ROMNEY!
Small ?

To Those who don't live along the border and are in the majority in big cities,,,yes, small.
OLD TOOT - "Yep. With 30% of the country being liberal and communist, 20% unemployed/underemployed and 50% paying no taxes,,,,,do the math folks.

I believe he has a clear path back to his present seat, Holder or no Holder."

So do I ......... unless the "new" "Reagan type Democrats" vote against The Great Lord Obamacus Rex The Magnificent, The One Mighty And Strong, The Most Righteous Savior Of Mankind.

Who knows??

L.W.
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
OLD TOOT - "Yep. With 30% of the country being liberal and communist, 20% unemployed/underemployed and 50% paying no taxes,,,,,do the math folks.

I believe he has a clear path back to his present seat, Holder or no Holder."

So do I ......... unless the "new" "Reagan type Democrats" vote against [i]The Great Lord Obamacus Rex The Magnificent, The One Mighty And Strong, The Most Righteous Savior Of Mankind.[/i]

Who knows??

L.W.

Damn, for a moment there I thought you were bashing Spano!!
Posted By: temmi Re: So, Does Holder Go or Stay? - 10/07/11

You have an administration that just can�t take responsibility for anything.

Ditching holder would admit some responsibility for the administration; I don�t think Obwan will do it.

I say he stays in the hopes that Obwan can continue to divert/stall/stop the investigation.

Snake
Originally Posted by isaac

Texas Insider Report: WASHINGTON, D.C. � �President Obama appears to be the only person left with any confidence in Attorney General Holder,� said U.S. Senator John Cornyn (R-Texas) earier today in response to President Obama�s comments on the ongoing Fast & Furious investigation.

�It is difficult to believe that after memos were sent to his office, ATF officials briefed Congress on Fast & Furious and it was reported in the media, Mr. Holder still didn�t have knowledge of it, as he claims, for several months, Cornyn said.

�I encourage Mr. Holder to come up to the Hill and clear this up as soon as possible.�

Posted By: 340boy Re: So, Does Holder Go or Stay? - 10/07/11
Originally Posted by temmi

You have an administration that just can�t take responsibility for anything.

Ditching holder would admit some responsibility for the administration; I don�t think Obwan will do it.

I say he stays in the hopes that Obwan can continue to divert/stall/stop the investigation.

Snake

I think the same. However, if what you say indeed comes to pass,it very well may be more damaging to the Obama administration as the '12 election campaign heats up.
It will be interesting, that is for certain.
Posted By: GeoW Re: So, Does Holder Go or Stay? - 10/07/11
Hasn't been that long ago that Clinton was impeached for lying about a BJ.
Times have changed!

g
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
To Those who don't live along the border and are in the majority in big cities,,,yes, small.

Wrong, as is saying "This is getting NO attention"

This is a "Breaking story" all over the damn country,.....it was really SLOW to gather it's momentum,....but seems to be getting right up to speed .,,,,and GROWING

Witness:

Link: http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Boehner-Fast-Furious-Congress/2011/10/05/id/413358

Link: http://www.examiner.com/drug-cartel...-be-charged-as-an-accomplice-to-murder-s

Link: http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-obama-holder-atf-20111006,0,6704218.story

Link: http://www.sunshinestatenews.com/st...heme-backfiring-eric-holder-barack-obama

.....and so it will continue to GROW

GTC
Lets hope it does.
...and PRAY, too.

Good Ed., just in

GTC

Fast and Furious: Let It Bleed

By James G. Wiles

Be careful what you wish for, House Republicans, over the metastasizing Operation "Fast and Furious" scandal at the U.S. Department of Justice. You just might get it.

A Special Prosecutor, I mean. That's exactly what, as we move into the 2012 election year, the GOP shouldn't want.

From a GOP political perspective, Operation "Fast and Furious" is the kind of thing you pray to Jesus for. A year before a national election, the story breaks that some numb nuts at Main DOJ -- the agency formerly known as ATF, to be specific -- conceived a novel idea for catching Mexican cartels (and their U.S. firearms suppliers) in illegal gun smuggling. Here's how: let's have the U.S. Government give the gun dealers guns so they can be smuggled.

Lots of guns -- at least count, at least 2,000 of them.

It worked too. Oh, my, how it worked.

The US government-supplied weapons were duly purchased by the bad guys. They were then duly "walked" into Mexico. You'll never guess what happened next.

The Mexican gun cartels used the U.S.-provided guns to kill Mexicans. Lots of Mexicans. The complete death toll is still being tallied.

The Mexican government is beside itself. And ATF has a new acting head.

That's only the beginning. The paper trail for this too-stupid-to-live idea, it's emerging, leads directly into the top level of DOJ - to Attorney General Eric Holder and the head of the Criminal Division, to be precise.

Wait, I'm not done. It gets better.

The trail of e-mails also leads into the White House. and it appears that testimony by Attorney General Holder before the House Judiciary Committee about when he first knew about Operation "Fast and Furious" can reasonably be viewed as being false. In response to a question, Holder said he first heard of it only recently, when the scandal broke. Documents produced this week in response to Congressional subpoenas suggest otherwise.

Oops.

The Obama White House knows it has a real problem on its hands (another one, I mean, besides all the others). The whole thing's going viral as we speak.

In Washington-speak: this baby's got legs.

Yesterday, CBS reporter Sharyl Attkisson told Laura Ingraham on her talk radio program that both the White House and DOJ are yelling (or screaming) at her to sit down and shut up. Apparently, in the Obama White House's view, Attkisson is being "very unreasonable."

The Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times and the New York Times are all being reasonable, Attkisson said the White House spokesman screamed at her. Why can't you?

Or, as President Obama recently said to the Congressional Black Caucus: "stop complaining, stop grumbling, stop crying."

As I say, fun. Couldn't happen at a better time.

Comes now House Judiciary Committee Lamar Smith (R. Texas) to spoil our fun.

Chairman Smith yesterday called for the appointment of a Special Prosecutor to look into whether General Holder committed perjury before the Judiciary Committee when he denied knowing anything about Operation "Fast and Furious" until quite recently. The AG, Chairman Smith's press release says solemnly, has an inherent conflict of interest. He cannot, you see, investigate himself.

Well, duh, now.

God bless you, Chairman Smith. Are you still, 37 years on, seeking revenge for Watergate? Are you like what Talleyrand said about the Bourbons: you've learned nothing and forgotten nothing?

Losing in a landslide is the ultimate sanction for screwing up in office or fudging facts to Congress. That's politics -- and next year is an election year. We don't want a Special Prosecutor, operating in secret. We want a media firestorm.

Let it bleed, I say.

You think they lied to your Committee, Mr. Chairman? Fine. Help us throw the bums out. Raise holy hell about this: call it a conspiracy at the highest levels, a culture of corruption, perjury, obstruction of justice.

Talk about a cover-up. The arrogance of power. Say it's "another Watergate."

You know what to do - pour it on! Every day, in front on the TV cameras, on the talk shows and on the floor of the House. Deplore, condemn, express shock. Demand answers. Hold more hearings. Subpoenas, depositions.

Leak like crazy.

Not your style? Okay, pretend you're Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid: look sad and talk about how "concerned" you are.

But, please, sir, shut up about bringing in a Special Prosecutor.

An SP, Mr. Chairman, will give the Obama White House the perfect excuse to bury this thing until after the 2012 election.

Grand jury secrecy, don't you know. Can't talk, sorry. "We don't want to prejudice the special prosecutor's inquiry," Presidential Secretary Jay Carney will piously intone from the White House Press Room podium. We want to, but we can't.

Wink.

"People's reputations are at risk here," the President will say. "I can't possibly comment."

Wink.

And the story will die away, just when it got legs.

Who the hell wants that?

So, please, Chairman Smith: put a sock in it. I'm sure you're a good guy. But we don't need no stinkin' Special Prosecutor. This is blood sport - and they're bleeding. We need publicity, lots of publicity, about Operation "Fast and Furious."

Let it bleed -- all over the front pages, PC's, Blackberries and plasma TV's of America.

Update: John Hinderaker at Powerline has further thoughts on the role of CBS.

William La Jeunesse has been working this story hard for Fox News for some time, it was Sharyl Attkisson at CBS who got the scoop. While the DOJ documents were leaked exclusively to CBS News ( which therefore gets credit for breaking the story), I should point out that William La Jeunesse of Fox News has been dogged in his pursuit of the "Fast and Furious" story as well.

Here's Michael Walsh's take at NRO, which adds a few facts (and also credits La Jeunesse).

http://www.americanthinker.com/printpage/?url=http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/10/fast_and_furious_let_it_bleed.html
--

Originally Posted by JGRaider
I hear it both ways. If it were a conservative he'd be on gone today. What's your guess? It looks like it's getting nastier for Holder by the hour.
I don't see ANY way that Holder keeps his job. I think the only thing in question is whether or not he will be prosecuted. Thus far, I've seen enough information for gross incompetence, but I'm not sure it's enough to actually get a conviction for committing a crime...but I'm no lawyer by a long shot, so I'll defer to SteveNO on that one. Personally, nothing warms my heart more than seeing a politician going to jail.

I'm worried about a possible breakup of BATFE though. At first blush it sounds great, but before I think it's a good idea, I would want to see IN WRITING the plan for what happens when the ATF gets broken up. There could be a LOT of unintended consequences to breaking up BATFE...right now, they're the Devil we know. I don't know the other Devil yet.
only hussein can fire holder. Eric H. is critical to the success of all the extra legal shenanigans the administration is pulling.
I don't think holder is going anywhere until after hussein loses next fall's election.
"only hussein can fire holder."

Bullchit
so enlighten me. If he is the AG, appointed by hussein, who other than the president can fire him?
Sam,........Raising a LOT of HELL about this (and believe me that HAS been happening) is providing , or is GOING to provide the answer to that question, Bud.

Three months ago you WERE the Biggest " This'll be Swept under the Rug" Cheering team leader.

Have you perchance noted how the ranks of THAT group have thinned ?

This ain't Waco, and this ain't [bleep]' Idaho,....this is a goddam International incident,.....

The LAME comparation to Iran / Contra being as asinine as comparing it to the mossy incidents above .

GTC
Posted By: 340boy Re: So, Does Holder Go or Stay? - 10/08/11
Personally, I think Obama is gonna give Holder his walking papers, soon.
Fire him and then charge him.
Posted By: tzone Re: So, Does Holder Go or Stay? - 10/08/11
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
only hussein can fire holder. Eric H. is critical to the success of all the extra legal shenanigans the administration is pulling.
I don't think holder is going anywhere until after hussein loses next fall's election.

Sam nailed this one I'm afraid.
Posted By: tzone Re: So, Does Holder Go or Stay? - 10/08/11
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Fire him and then charge him.

Then jail him and the clown in cheif.
The CBS reporter that broke this on MSM (to the extent you could call it broken back then) and who got cursed and yelled at by WH officials for what she is doing, said today she has a lot more material that they will release soon, once they have some more verification, maybe as soon as next week.

Stay tuned.
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
The CBS reporter that broke this on MSM (to the extent you could call it broken back then) and who got cursed and yelled at by WH officials for what she is doing, said today she has a lot more material that they will release soon, once they have some more verification, maybe as soon as next week.

Stay tuned.

Not so subtle attempt at censorship and manipulation of the free press(assuming of course the MSM is at all deserving of the title).....I hope the CBS reporter forges ahead.

I have never seen a more juvenile, self-righteous Administration...yellers, screamers, scoff-laws,with a sense of entitlement and complete disregard for the resonsibilities of their office.They all behave like spoiled rotten school kids.

Absolutely no scrupples nor principles whatsoever....where the hell did these parasites come from and who the hell elected them?

Dumbest [bleep] electorate I have ever seen in 45 years of following politics.Geezus....
Originally Posted by 340boy
Personally, I think Obama is gonna give Holder his walking papers, soon.

If that happened, would represent a HUGE change in the black bastard's Chicago THUG'S tactics!

Something the [Traitor in Chief] hasn't done before. mad crazy
.....I hope the CBS reporter forges ahead.

I hope that reporter isn't murdered or made to simply disappear. wink

Vince Foster wasn't a reporter person, but his high contact and friendship (and alleged affair with) didn't protect him from Hitlery nor Herr Schlickmiester.
I don't see how Holder and a whole lot of other people at the DOJ and ATF avoid Jail. If they came clean with this months ago, then it would have been just a matter of early retirement and Holder finds something else to do. No this is criminal and its not going to go away. And every day that goes by, its going to get worse and worse. Nixon and Watergate was about B+E spying and covering up after the fact. Nixon won reelection in 1972 and was sworn in in Jan 1973 and was gone in 1974. And there were a lot of guys that when to jail. G.Gordon Liddy comes to mind. The one thing they were never accused is of murder or accomplice to murder. There is no way Holder is going to survive this anybody says he will is just lying to themselves. This puts he whole system in a very bad place, and they need to clean house. Just look at what one out of control DA in North Carolina got with the Duke case! He got disbarred and Jail if I am not mistaken. They have to come down and come down hard they have no choice.
Originally Posted by gmsemel
I don't see how Holder and a whole lot of other people at the DOJ and ATF avoid Jail.

Pretty simple. Nobody is going to do anything. Even if we elect another president next election and take control of both the house and the senate you can bet they'll come in and say in the spirit of working together they aren't going to be any prosecutions. I'd say that's like a 90% probability.
Obama will try to salvage Holder with the untimely retirements and transfers of others on the lower rungs of the ladder.
If however, Holder becomes too much of a liability on Obama's tanking poll numbers, they will have to get creative with his .........."moving on to a new series of challenges".
Originally Posted by StubbleDuck
.....I hope the CBS reporter forges ahead.

I hope that reporter isn't murdered or made to simply disappear.........

Attkisson is a third degree black belt in taekwondo.

http://www.televisionnewscenter.org/bios/bio-attkisson.html

For a reporter who has been employed by CNN and CBS she appears to have some scurples. As was posted earlier,she said her and her team have only reported a tip of all the information that has been uncovered. She says there is "shocking news" to come if the data can be verified as accurate.
Something they haven't always afforded Republicans.
I just wish they would release what they have and let the courts decide.

this deserves a re-post.

Originally Posted by BobinNH
I have never seen a more juvenile, self-righteous Administration...yellers, screamers, scoff-laws,with a sense of entitlement and complete disregard for the resonsibilities of their office.They all behave like spoiled rotten school kids.

Absolutely no scrupples nor principles whatsoever....where the hell did these parasites come from and who the hell elected them?

Dumbest [bleep] electorate I have ever seen in 45 years of following politics.Geezus....

Yep, yep, yep and yep.
This "end justifies the means" mentality that permeates government and media is unfathomable. Anything goes. Nothing is forbidden. The more corrupt and vile, the better.
And there's a mass of voters, devious scum like the aforementioned, that approves and cheers them on.
As I've said before, liberals are evil. Evil to their core.

Not so subtle attempt at censorship and manipulation of the free press(assuming of course the MSM is at all deserving of the title).....I hope the CBS reporter forges ahead.
It occurs to me, as readership and viewership of most MSM declines, she might see the handwriting on the wall and is bucking for a job at Fox News. She may come across as treading lightly but maybe it's better described as being absolutely positive of every step. Whatever the case, a scoop like this is any journalists dream for career advancement.

eta. ps
I wish her well and the best of luck.
And if Fox News is smart they'd be working on a proposal for her right now.

Originally Posted by gmsemel
I don't see how Holder and a whole lot of other people at the DOJ and ATF avoid Jail.

Pretty simple. Nobody is going to do anything. Even if we elect another president next election and take control of both the house and the senate you can bet they'll come in and say in the spirit of working together they aren't going to be any prosecutions. I'd say that's like a 90% probability.

Or simpler still, the rules of the game simply do not apply to those entrusted to make and enforce them.

can one of our attorneys or those of you well versed in the law explain to me what charges would apply to a private citizen that was aware of a gun store selling firearms to individuals that were sending them to Mexico to arm the cartels?

appreciate it, as I'd like to see what comparable charges would apply to those not employed by .gov
As a long time boycotter of cbs I had never heard of her before this.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/02/18/broadcasts/main524782.shtml

© 24hourcampfire