Home
Other than using her computer, I don't know what she did but I sure would like to use the old "horse whip" on him and his wife from about fifteen feet away.

http://radio.foxnews.com//toddstarnes/top-stories/463.html
There's nothing wrong with giving your kids a good spanking when they get really outta line but what that judge and his wife did is unconscionable. That poor girl has cerebral palsy for christ's sake.

He needs to be locked up in a cell with about 7 brothers from the hood and left there for a couple years and we'll see how he likes it.
Painful to watch. Good on the daughter for letting this video be seen and letting the world see his actions. I hope his career is ruined. I hope he goes to jail.
I wonder who set up the recording. Not the first time for this I'd bet.
Surely she did.

Most likely. Makes it a little bizarre as in how many times so that she knew how predictable he was.
Checked the county's web site......that low life is ducking for cover and it has just started. I would have loved to invite him up my way for some lessons in manners. frown
And why isn't he in jail? mad
Did you see his title? Both of them should be locked up forever!

When I was a young buck I worked quite a while for an old cowman that could almost spell out his name with a whip so I got him to do his best to teach me how to use it. Never got anywhere near as good as he was but I'm sure that even today I could use it well enough to strip the hide off both of them. Sure would enjoy having the opportunity! mad
This guy is amazing.

When asked if he thought the conduct in the video was excessive, Judge Adams said, "It's not as bad as it looks on tape."
I couldn't even watch it. That's horrible and unforgivable.
Well, he apologized and if he's a Democrat, that will be good enough.
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Did you see his title? Both of them should be locked up forever!

When I was a young buck I worked quite a while for an old cowman that could almost spell out his name with a whip so I got him to do his best to teach me how to use it. Never got anywhere near as good as he was but I'm sure that even today I could use it well enough to strip the hide off both of them. Sure would enjoy having the opportunity! mad

Get in line.

I'd like to introduce him to the old gentleman who taught me to use a whip, he could take the buttons off your shirt without touching you. I've seen him flick flies off the rails in the stock yards.
This sack of crap is not a father. He's just a sperm donor. He's a disgrace to his profession and to parenting. I hope he pays a high price for his cold inexcusable brutality to that poor girl who had the misfortune to be birthed to such an arrogant animal.
thay need to give her the belt
Don't know 'bout Texas, but in Florida that's 'domestic violence', and the judge would go to jail, lose his job.
Spanking a 16 year old???? And that is not spanking, it is beating. WAYYYYY over the line.
If you google it, this happened 7 years ago and the ass still doesn't think what he did was that bad and as it's been stated it obviously wasn't the first time this has/had happened.
Some kind of punishment was in order because she was illegally downloading copyrighted material. However, this kind of punishment is way out of line.
Rock Chuck said:
Some kind of punishment was in order because she was illegally downloading copyrighted material.

People download copyrighted material everyday. The downloader has to give due credit to stay out of trouble. I agree the "father" was way out of line and deserves some unwanted recognition for his behavior. kwg
Well, I officially know now my dad was the f*ck I thought he was.
Originally Posted by Steve
wow thats rough..i will stop by the libary today so i can see this vid....i mite be able to relate...
Sonofabitch needs to be fuggin shot, and his wife needs her ass kicked.
Sonofabitch needs to be beat, shot, revived and fuggin shot again, and his wife needs her ass kicked.

Fixed it for ya. wink
I can dig that!
Remember these are the type of people who are judges in our court system.
What kind of monster would beat on his daughter like this?

I hope he does jail time and gets sodomized by Mongo.
Thought a mother's job was to protect her childern. That beotch doesn't deserve to be called "mom".
Originally Posted by atvalaska
wow thats rough..i will stop by the libary today so i can see this vid....i mite be able to relate...

I still get agitated thinking back about Dad in church smiling and singing in the choir and all the people who looked at him with admiration. One of those well respected, well liked churchgoing MF'ers who had a different face at home.

Well, this couple are certainly not a good example of the proper way to achieve discipline in children (the language they use, just for one), and she was likely too old to properly be beaten regardless of what she might have done.

My folks never hit me, but two of my uncles pretty routinely disciplined my cousins pretty much exactly like that video. It was pretty horrible to hear through the walls when I was visiting with them.
TRH,

Perhaps you mis-spoke when you said, "she was likely too old to properly be beaten like that"?

I'm sure you don't think it's proper to beat a kid younger than that?
Couldnt watch, dont have a dang youtube account, but from what i've read here, at the absolute least he should be jailed and removed from the bench.

Gunner
TRH,

Perhaps you mis-spoke when you said, "she was likely too old to properly be beaten like that"?

I'm sure you don't think it's proper to beat a kid younger than that?
Not like that, no, as that was out of control, and in anger, rather than for discipline, but I believe parents beating young children can sometimes be justified. It was once the norm, and lots of good folks are grateful that their parents set them straight with an occasional, and proportional, beating, now and again. But this fellow and his wife were clearly abusive.

PS Oh, I see what you mean after looking back at how I phrased it. By "like that" I meant with a belt. The way they did it, it wasn't proper in any sense, however, for any age. Purely abusive. And she was too old for any sort of beating, really, regardless, IMO.
Now Foxnews is saying that she's 23 years old. That's not exactly a kid.
From the article:
Hillary Adams, 23, says the outpouring of support and encouragement she's received since posting the 2004 video online last week is tempered by the sadness that it's her father lashing her 17 times with a belt and threatening to beat her "into submission." The 8-minute video had been watched nearly 2 million times by Thursday morning.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/0...ating-daughter-needs-help/#ixzz1cfKYrqgs
Wait get all of the facks first then judge .What happend before the video started
Yeah, hum..... Not one to jump to conclusions, but unless the kid was coming at him with a fireplace poker I seriously doubt there were enough extenuating circumstances.
I know swearing like that is totally uncalled for around your own kids or anyone elses. That in itself shows out of control.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
From the article:
Hillary Adams, 23, says the outpouring of support and encouragement she's received since posting the 2004 video online last week is tempered by the sadness that it's her father lashing her 17 times with a belt and threatening to beat her "into submission." The 8-minute video had been watched nearly 2 million times by Thursday morning.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/0...ating-daughter-needs-help/#ixzz1cfKYrqgs

According to some sources, the video is 7 tears old making her 16 at the time.
According to Huff Po (sorry, blame AOL), the daughter has asked people to stop threatening her dad.
Too weird.
I'm more bothered by the fact this guy is beating on a 16 year old girl than anything else. No excuse for that, bury him under the jail.
Originally Posted by savage62
Wait get all of the facks first then judge .What happend before the video started

Under what scenario would it be acceptable for the judge to savagely beat his 16 year old daughter with cerebral palsy?
People get brainwashed by controlling SOBs like him. I knew a young lady very well that took severe beatings from her husband for several years and the last time I talked to her, she said that should he come back,(she finally divorced him) she would feel that he would be doing the right thing if he beat her again.

I told her that should that happen, I needed to know so I could rid the world of him but he stayed away. Good for both of us.

But this "Judge " needs to get his. He deserves to be beat much worse that he beat her.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Not like that, no, as that was out of control, and in anger, rather than for discipline, but I believe parents beating young children can sometimes be justified. It was once the norm, and lots of good folks are grateful that their parents set them straight with an occasional, and proportional, beating, now and again. But this fellow and his wife were clearly abusive.

PS Oh, I see what you mean after looking back at how I phrased it. By "like that" I meant with a belt. The way they did it, it wasn't proper in any sense, however, for any age. Purely abusive. And she was too old for any sort of beating, really, regardless, IMO. [/quote]

I'm certainly glad that you are not a parent as NO child should be "BEAT," regardless of what they have done.
Originally Posted by rrroae

Under what scenario would it be acceptable for the judge to savagely beat his 16 year old daughter with cerebral palsy?
I assume he was joking.

wtf?
Originally Posted by okok

wtf?
He's joking, because that's what the cops here always say when there's a video of a cop beating the crap out of someone, or shooting someone.
Wow. I would like 10 minutes with that guy.... I dont care if his daughter sold the house on him. No child deserves that. He is judge!!??!! If he is not removed from the bench and disbarred that is a crime... He is mentally challenged and a $@#^@ a$$hole... His wife should be slapped too... Hell if I was his neighbor I would go kick his teeth in...WTF?

W
His wife is claiming she was brainwashed by her husband, I have to call bs on that one. She didn't do anything to try and stop it and actually helped him. That dude has some serious anger issues.

That makes two of us. Abusers work off fear. Once that's gone, they're done. Turn it around on them and they're the biggest puzzies you ever met. He lost control, beat his daughter and now the whiney [bleep] says it must be OK 'cause he apologized. I have no sympathy and wish only for a special place in hell for guys like this.
The guy gets off on playing god and his daughter did something any 16 year old kid would do knowing that they could get in trouble for it. Not realizing her mentally unstable, anger issue ridden douchebag father would use her as a @#$^@#$ whipping post. Surprised the guy didn't use both hands...

WHIPPING a 16 year old girl should net that f#$5er 20 years in jail... This guy gets to decide wrongdoers fate? really? Hope his "Good Old Boy" club dues are paid up... He is going to need more like him to save his ass.

Wife? Maybe. Mom? No @#%^#$ way. Sorry. She is as bent as he is. What could either one of them offer as parents for the rest of her life? They scare the @#$%^ out of her. I can hear the dumb $%^@# now saying how sorry she is and dad didn't mean it and they both love her.... grrrrrrr

That poor girl... I hope they roll on that guy...

W
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
From the article:

According to some sources, the video is 7 tears old making her 16 at the time.
According to Huff Po (sorry, blame AOL), the daughter has asked people to stop threatening her dad.
Too weird.
I hadn't seen this part of Foxnews' article before:
Hillary Adams says that until last week, only a couple of close friends knew about the savage beating she received seven years ago from her father, a Texas judge who handles child abuse cases.
Is there a statute of limitations on assault?
Yes. I don't know what it is in Texas but I would guess 3 to5 years, not likely more.
WOW you people lead sheltered lives. when i was younger spankings like this happened alot, if you did not roll over when told you were swatted in the leg until you turned over, and then your licks were handed to you(more like slammed across your ass). this is how discipline works in the south. why do you think southerners have higher morals/values.

:FLAME ON:
I hope you don't have any children. crazy
Maybe Dexter will get him.
Just ignore that jerk as he is just some half-wit looking for attention.
Corporal punishment ended in my parents house when I was 13. I put a stop to it. My mother was usually the one to administer discipline but she never beat me like that - good thing for her too, because I would have beat the [bleep] out of her if she had.
I didn't want to watch it, but having allergy trouble and being up, I did. I hadn't watched it the other day when I made my comment. I couldn't watch the whole thing. I had blood drawn on me when I was a kid. Not my kids. Call me a pusssy, but I could never bring myself to hurt my own kids that way. I've always thought that when you were no longer effective using your hand for a couple of swats, it was probably time to move on to different types of punishment, such as taking TV or Computer away.

That guy is an animal. He should either be in prison or in a mental institution, heavily sedated. For damn sure he shouldn't be sitting in judgment on others. What is going on down there?
Originally Posted by mossbergman
WOW you people lead sheltered lives. when i was younger spankings like this happened alot, if you did not roll over when told you were swatted in the leg until you turned over, and then your licks were handed to you(more like slammed across your ass). this is how discipline works in the south. why do you think southerners have higher morals/values.
Asians, too. Why do you folks think Asian kids are so well behaved, by and large, hard working in school, and respectful of adults? Because it's part of the Asian culture to beat the crud out of their kids for the slightest infraction in these regards (so there are very few such infractions past age five). My sister in law is Chinese. She confirms this. Her two kids are a mess because her husband is my brother, who's a typical modern American, and doesn't believe in corporal punishment.

PS The parents in the video are idiots, though, and the worst possible example of correct corporal punishment of children.
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
His wife is claiming she was brainwashed by her husband, I have to call bs on that one. She didn't do anything to try and stop it and actually helped him. That dude has some serious anger issues.
Actually, she may have been attempting to minimize the potential harm to her daughter by trying to create the impression that the punishment was now complete, but that doesn't mean she's not totally neurotic, which she is.
My 36 year old daughter called me to ask if I saw the video. In her judgment and personal experience, it was a "beating." I grew up in Oklahoma, and raised her in Florida (L.A.), so don't give the "South" a bad reputation as a bunch of hillbilly trailer trash child abusers.

You'll get no flames from me mossbergman. Our experiences are similar. Whether the whipping was justified in this case, I couldn't say. I wasn't there and don't know all the details. It's not really my business nor anyone elses here either. But to call what I saw in that video a beating? That is a gross stretch of the facts. I saw an azz whipping with a belt. Deserved or not she appears to be healthy and didn't need a trip to the clinic for it. I did not see a father punching his daughter in the face or kicking her, nor slamming her into the wall. I didn't see any barbwire on that belt. Maybe my eyes don't work or my definition of a beating is just way different than others here.

I saw many azz whippings like that given growing up and had it done to me with a fresh cut switch, hotwheels race car tracks, short piece of garden hose, a thick heavy plastic hair brush, leather belts, wood paddles and just the hand. I don't look back on a single occasion as child abuse although a few times I got it for someone else's transgression. I survived and hold no grudge over it. And I don't see a problem with a whipping done in anger either. The parent's anger is natural for one, especially for more severe wrongdoings or those offenses where the child has been told many times to stop it. And two, that anger is a clear signal to children they've crossed the line just as much as the pain of the whipping is. Ever watch a bitch discipline one of her pups with a snarl and a nip with her teeth? It sure comes off as angry and they figure out what momma wants in a hurry. There is a difference between whipping a child just because one is angry and whipping a child with anger because the kid did something wrong. Children often believe they are abused today because the PC majority tells them they are, when in fact, they were just getting good old fashioned corporal discipline. The parent's authority is undermined by this.
It's a real shame the 5 year statute of limitations has run. This judge is a real prick. Even today he believes his actions were appropriate. I'm glad his daughter had the courage to release the video.

Your a [bleep] idiot.
This makes me sick...regardless of the need for punishment, THIS was excessive...
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco

You'll get no flames from me mossbergman. Our experiences are similar. Whether the whipping was justified in this case, I couldn't say. I wasn't there and don't know all the details. It's not really my business nor anyone elses here either. But to call what I saw in that video a beating? That is a gross stretch of the facts. I saw an azz whipping with a belt. Deserved or not she appears to be healthy and didn't need a trip to the clinic for it. I did not see a father punching his daughter in the face or kicking her, nor slamming her into the wall. I didn't see any barbwire on that belt. Maybe my eyes don't work or my definition of a beating is just way different than others here.

I saw many azz whippings like that given growing up and had it done to me with a fresh cut switch, hotwheels race car tracks, short piece of garden hose, a thick heavy plastic hair brush, leather belts, wood paddles and just the hand. I don't look back on a single occasion as child abuse although a few times I got it for someone else's transgression. I survived and hold no grudge over it. And I don't see a problem with a whipping done in anger either. The parent's anger is natural for one, especially for more severe wrongdoings or those offenses where the child has been told many times to stop it. And two, that anger is a clear signal to children they've crossed the line just as much as the pain of the whipping is. Ever watch a bitch discipline one of her pups with a snarl and a nip with her teeth? It sure comes off as angry and they figure out what momma wants in a hurry. There is a difference between whipping a child just because one is angry and whipping a child with anger because the kid did something wrong. Children often believe they are abused today because the PC majority tells them they are, when in fact, they were just getting good old fashioned corporal discipline. The parent's authority is undermined by this.
I lean your way on this. I have to ask myself if we have a better society today, after the general elimination of this sort of disciplining, or was society better when this was closer to the norm, and children were generally respectful of adults, made a sincere effort in school, and were generally well behaved.

I still say that these two did it very badly, but short of broken bones, starvation, internal damage, sexual abuse, or something equally serious, it's none of anyone's business (outside the family, and perhaps the clergy of the Church they attend, if any), especially not some government agency.
I still say that these two did it badly, but short of broken bones, starvation, internal damage, sexual abuse, or something equally serious, it's none of anyone's business, especially not some government agency.

You know I respect you TRH, but cmon man, a 16 year old girl getting whipped like that is everyones business.
Your a [bleep] idiot.
This obviously comes from an undisciplined grammarian. You're (You are, not your) a [bleep] idiot. Clearly you are sophisticated beyond us Southern boys. Keep'em coming Einstein...
The time for children to learn where the "line" is before they are 6 years old. The childs personality is set at that time.
Set the line by that time and you'll have good kids.

Just wondering ghost, you have kids, family, wife?
Originally Posted by 406_SBC
Your a [bleep] idiot.
This obviously comes from an undisciplined grammarian. You're (You are, not your) a [bleep] idiot. Clearly you are sophisticated beyond us Southern boys. Keep'em coming Einstein...
You're a [bleep] idiot too. There, how's that for grammar! wink
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I still say that these two did it badly, but short of broken bones, starvation, internal damage, sexual abuse, or something equally serious, it's none of anyone's business, especially not some government agency.

You know I respect you TRH, but cmon man, a 16 year old girl getting whipped like that is everyones business.
Follow through to the logical conclusion of that assertion. It means that government is obliged to intervene, short of a child actually being harmed. Who do you think is going to establish the criteria, and what do you suppose that criteria will devolve into? It also means that the government becomes authorized to supervise parenting. I'd rather allow something like this (no lasting physical harm caused) go without government interference than to permit government to involve itself, because the latter means that government will be establishing a criteria, short of actual harm, whereby they investigate and intervene in the family, which should generally remain sacrosanct vis-a-vis government involvement.
So TRH and other who think that it wasn't abusive punishment, do you have kids and do you punish them similarly?
So TRH and other who think that it wasn't abusive punishment
I didn't say it wasn't abusive (plenty of good folks were brought up by occasionally abusive parents, and would have been harmed far more by having been removed from that home by a government agency). What I said was that I don't want an agency of government determining a standard of what's "abusive" if it's allowed to include within that standard anything short of actual, lasting, physical harm, sexual abuse, or something of equal severity. Government involvement in the family is far more likely to cause greater harm that greater good.
So by that logic we shouldn't let the government decide what constitutes sexual abuse either?

Jesus...

You're a [bleep] idiot too. There, how's that for grammar! wink
That seems about right for your intelligence quotient. Your sentence should have ended with a question mark, but I doubt you were ever corrected as a child; this is probably all new for you. Like before, keep'em coming.
So by that logic we shouldn't let the government decide what constitutes sexual abuse either?

Jesus...

That reaches a level of severity whereby even a highly defective, and even potentially harmful, solution is better than no solution at all. I can reverse this and say that by the logic of your position, every family should be assigned a government supervisor to whom the adults must periodically report and receive into the home for an inspection. See? It works both ways. In a situation where there's no non-harmful solution, I think the standard for government interference should be quite high, such as real physical harm or sexual abuse.
Originally Posted by Wtxj
The time for children to learn where the "line" is before they are 6 years old. The childs personality is set at that time.

I agree 100% with this. Worked in my family with my kids.
Anyone that supposes that the US is better due to parens patriae is grasping at historical straws. It's not unlike curing a man's toothache by removing his head. The physical pain is gone, but only a fool would argue the man is better off.
No more so that I think everyone should be assigned a cop to make sure that they never break any laws.

What we witnessed was evidence of assault. Pure and simple. If presented with evidence of a crime, the authorities should be allowed to prosecute.

If the SOL hadn't run out that guy would have been indited by this point.

Well except in TTRH (The Theoretical Republic of Hawkeye)...
Short of actual harm, it's a family matter. There are lots of defective parents out there, and if the standard is that imperfect parents need charges pressed, then we're on the road to becoming Sweden.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by Wtxj

I agree 100% with this. Worked in my family with my kids.

Thanks, worked in my family also.
Hoping the grandkids turn out as well

I was whipped with belts, razor straps and cedar switches as a kid, but never like that.
I've spanked all three of my kids numerous times, but never with anything but my hand and only on their butt.

In this State if you were to spank your kids in any manner other than with your hand on their butt, you most certainly run the risk of losing your children to child protective services, as they deem it abuse.

What that video displayed was not discipline, but abuse pure and simple. If he had done that to someone outside of his daughter, he would have been charged with assault in the 1st degree and he would have been looking at a minimum of 60 months or more in prison here. What he really needs is good caning and to be hung by the neck with his favorite belt.

Kids need spankings, but they don't need to be abused or assaulted for their punishment.
Originally Posted by triggerguard1
If he had done that to someone outside of his daughter, he would have been charged with assault in the 1st degree and he would have been looking at a minimum of 60 months or more in prison here.
That cannot be the parental standard, however, as any sort of spanking, no matter how mild, would be illegal if involuntarily done to anyone but your child. Short of actual harm, i.e., requiring treatment by a medical professional, what happens inside the family unit needs to remain completely sacrosanct vis-�-vis government, or the slippery slope will take us somewhere none of you folks want to go. That is a guarantee. Not everybody gets perfect parents, or even good parents, but that's not the government's concern short of real physical harm or sexual abuse.
Each of us should ask ourselves this question: " If I was standing there in that girl's bedroom witnessing this event, what would I do?" For all those saying this was acceptable discipline, then you should be able to say you would have just stood there and watched. On the other hand, . . .
For all those saying this was acceptable discipline, then you should be able to say you would have just stood there and watched. On the other hand, . . .

I strongly dislike watching people kiss and vomit. That alone doesn't make either one wrong.
He'd have been bleeding...........
There's nothing wrong with what he did. The Bible says if you spare the rod you hate your child.
The difference is simple, did he do this to instill displine, or did he do it for his own satisfaction. Teaching (pain does teach) or his own release of frustration.
And a parent is also responsible in not loosing control, he is the adult in this relationship.

Its hard to know what is enough exactly, but this was way too much for the transgretion. It went from displine to cruelty, to his need and not hers.

In your opinion. You weren't there. It's none of our business.
Everything in here is opinion. And cruelty to children is my business.
That's what's wrong with this country. We and the government has to have their nose stuck in other prople's business.
Each of us should ask ourselves this question: " If I was standing there in that girl's bedroom witnessing this event, what would I do?" For all those saying this was acceptable discipline, then you should be able to say you would have just stood there and watched. On the other hand, . . .
In my opinion, it was very poorly handled, and the father is a jerk who lets his emotions control him, and the mother's not very good either. My only point is that we shouldn't permit family matters to rise to the level of government interference, however, until there's real physical harm or sexual abuse involved. The family needs to remain sacrosanct for anything short of that, or you're going to have a camel's nose under the tent phenomenon that most are not going to like.
Originally Posted by Swampman700
There's nothing wrong with what he did. The Bible says if you spare the rod you hate your child.
A belt is not a rod.
Actually, the judge is not a very smart parent.

If indeed his whole issue was his daughter illegally downloading music on to her PC, then the SMART thing to have done would have been to simply REMOVE her computer from the HOUSE. Period. No belt beatings needed to do that.

After a sufficient amount of time, if she could be trusted to use it responsibly again ,then the privilege would be restored.

Originally Posted by RickyD
A belt is not a rod.

Your skull isn't a container for gray matter either.
You are right, children are chattle and parents should be able to treat them as they wish. There is no limit to be considered in what is done to them, no responsibly for the parent to consider.
No wonder so many are heartless [bleep] when they grow up.

The best way to ensure your children are worthless crap is not to spank them. That's my Biblical and well studied position. I've never seen it fail even once.
I never said not spank them, you need to reread the posting, if you ever cared what was really said. I noted that he want too far. There is a big, big difference.
I don't care what you say, because you're wrong. A father spanked his kid, and you're running your mouth about it.
I realize you don't care
Originally Posted by RickyD
A belt is not a rod.

Your skull isn't a container for gray matter either.
Irrespective of your nonsense, aren't you pleased you now know a belt is not a rod? You're welcome. But don't get cocky. You still have a very long way to go.
This thread has sure exposed some real dirt bags. crazy

You sure got that right! sick

And some of them really surprised me.
Yep
I don't care what you say, because you're wrong. A father spanked his kid, and you're running your mouth about it.
You don't care? How about this Swampussy, there's about 90% of us regulars here that don't give two flying [bleep] what you say.
90 % ? You're being kind. wink
90 % ? You're being kind. wink
I like to err on the side of generosity.
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

You sure got that right! sick

And some of them really surprised me.
I had a post ready to go on either this or the other thread about it, this afternoon, but I had to go to the bank and it didn't get posted.

I am not against corporal punishment, but this was abuse. First, it's arguable whether she was a child. When I was a kid, sixteen year olds could legally have sex. Lots of "women" younger than that have been married throughout history. I'm not saying it's right or that I approve, it just is. In that light, he's whipping a virtual adult. A good lawyer could make an excellent case that this is some sort of sexual perversion of the father's. Secondly, when this much force has to be used against the "child" it is counter-productive and says more about the person "disciplining" the kid than the kid themselves. The force used was over-the-top and would be assault if done to an adult.

This guy shouldn't be judging anybody and right now the good people of his district should be using whatever legal means they have to unseat him. Impeachment...recall, I dunno.

If the guy says he just went nuts and it was a one-time thing, it's different. If he doesn't recognize he done wrong and it is a pattern of behavior as opposed to one or two isolated incidents...well, it is disturbing that the people around him allow it to go on and also that the people of his district allow him to sit as a judge.
So you folks would want us nosing around in your personal affairs and telling you how to handle your kids. I'm suprised to find such a large number of "it takes a village to raise a child" supporters here. Liberals....sheeezzzzzz! You girls are something.....but I'm not sure what.

Your right. Swampy got hit in the head a few to many times.
I'm wondering if he would have beaten a grown son that way, or anyone who could fight back.

I've seen thousands of teenagers pass by in a quarter century of teaching, good and bad. I've known some real pond scum that got beat reg'lar growing up, in fact a LOT of pond scum got beat regular by abusive parents.

I've also seen lots of decent kids (including my own) where there never was any sort of blow laid on past the age of maybe age seven or so.

Mostly kids grow up to reflect the morals and actions of those who raised them, and rasing decent kids sure takes a lot of time and effort. Beyond that, I find it hard to generalize.

Birdwatcher

I can't I'm not a member of You Tube.

Anybody want to set it up for those of us not members?
This is what I watched. I didn't watch the OP's linked video since I don't have a youtube account either.

CBSNews: Judge won't face charges in videotaped beating
you would not steal a car, you would not steal a purse..PIRATING is STEALING.

i have now seen the entire 7 minute video. the girl who would not bend over the bed "take it like a women" was spanked 21 times. when i tried to fight a spanking i was swatted in the leg/butt area until i gave in an took the original licks. so no i do not think this was a "beating". Her father is tied up in politics, think how it would 'look' if his family was caught pirating. she only posted this video as blackmail because daddy cut her free money supply off. the way MSM reports news using sensationalist words/terms is disgusting.

THIS IS A BEATING
[Linked Image]

THIS IS WHAT SHE RECIEVED
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Patrick_James

Your right. Swampy got didn't get hit in the head a few to many times enough.

Little fix....

George
Been there so what's the problem?
You girls just keep doing what your wife lets you do. Clearly you don't know $hit about raising kids.
STFU.
why is there a statu of limitations on this but none on the case of Herman Cain problems..
Because life isn't fair.
No crime was commited. It's a moot point. A guy whipped his bratty spoiled kid. Big woop!
She should have been punished, but not beaten like that. Here's a story about kids being killed by parents beating them in the name of God and punishment:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/07/u...dvocacy-of-spanking.html?_r=1&ref=us
It takes a "big" man to beat his disabled daughter. The daughter has cerebral palsy.
This beating is an example of child abuse plain and simple. The mother didn't stop it because I'm sure he abuses her too. My exwife's father beat her 3 brothers with his fists up until they were about 16 and then the tables turned. He also beat their mother and she always covered for him even when one of the kids called the cops. After all the kids were grown and had moved out he continued to beat her and put her in the hospital several times. When the boys found out he had beat her one of them would give him a good a** whipping but they never could convince her to leave him. She finally did wise and leave him but the boys have a lot of mental scars from the abuse. He never beat my ex-wife but she was terrified of him.
© 24hourcampfire